PDA

View Full Version : 5 Questions for someone from Canada...

L P
05-02-2008, 21:37
1. In Canada, What do you call Canadian Bacon(round ham slices)?

2. What do you call regular bacon(the fatty strip kind)?

3. Why are there so many professional hockey teams in the U.S.A. and so few in Canada, eh? Seriously, why play hockey in the desert or a swamp when you guys have all that great snow and ice up there? It just doesn't make any sense if you ask me.

4. Would I be granted refugee status in Canada if I feared Hillary Clinton? (You let our draft dodgers hide out, I think it would only be fair.)

5. Would you like to have the Montreal Expos back?

Non-Canadians may comment but please leave the legitimate answers to people actually from Canada, eh?

Mrmcjoey15
05-02-2008, 21:51
lol wow kinda random but the bacon questions i need an answer to aswell...

Shabaz K
05-02-2008, 22:02
1) dunno dont eat bacon
2) no bacon
3) so few teams but but successfull even if they lose lol over any US teamlol
4) canada needs more populationlol

5) no actually you can take the bluejays aswell:w00t:

L P
05-02-2008, 22:07
1) dunno dont eat bacon
2) no bacon

#3, you didn't answer the question as to why?:huh:

#4, I'll take that as a yes.:thumbup:

Thanks for your participation.

Shabaz K
05-02-2008, 22:12
lolo canada isn't populated. acyually the otehrs cities that are populated cant have a team cause they are sooo close to big cities and they come in there redius

L P
05-02-2008, 22:15
lolo canada isn't populated. acyually the otehrs cities that are populated cant have a team cause they are sooo close to big cities and they come in there redius

I understand now. It's more of a money thing. The teams would be fighting for fans to spend money on them.

Cape
05-03-2008, 01:03

3. Why are there so many professional hockey teams in the U.S.A. and so few in Canada, eh? Seriously, why play hockey in the desert or a swamp when you guys have all that great snow and ice up there? It just doesn't make any sense if you ask me.

4. Would I be granted refugee status in Canada if I feared Hillary Clinton? (You let our draft dodgers hide out, I think it would only be fair.)

Non-Canadians may comment but please leave the legitimate answers to people actually from Canada, eh?

1.Peameal bacon

2. bacon

3. Canada has the roughly same population as California, we're too small to have too many NHL teams, though Winnipeg and Quebec city could still run one with the dollar trading above the US currency. The guy who runs Blackberry tried to buy the Penguins, then the Predators to bring them to Canada but the NHL blocked both attempts.

4. Recent US army deserters haven't been granted asylum, if the US instituted a draft they probably could get status but not if there just deserting from a volunteer army. No, you have to stay in the US and solve your own problems.

5. Not really, baseball isn't that important in Canada, and Montreal doesn't have enough interest to support a MLB team.

p-kitty
05-04-2008, 19:21

I didn't even know there was a disctinction between 'canadian' and 'us' bacon until about a year ago! lol. so bad question to ask me, but I think the guy above me is right if I vaguely recall my recent grocery shopping trips.

just 'bacon'?

It's a lot of a money situation as far as I know. I mean really... even though nobody got payed originally it'd be a plain waste of a true hardcore sports player not to get payed millions of dollars for the many days they spend working so hard! In all seriousness though, it's still not our national sport. Though... why would the NHL go out of its way to stop a team moving north? hmmm

Ummm... and make all the impressionable young children fear her too? I think not! She's not our problem. =p

Haha. Baseball. XD

Foxhound
05-05-2008, 11:26
I <3 bacon

6 boxes of ready to cook bacon

a pound of bacon in under 30 seconds

what a world we live in

:dblthumbup:

ooga booga
05-05-2008, 15:10
1) dunno dont eat bacon
2) no bacon

Ugh I hate the Bluejays. Baseball too. You can keep them :P

Minimus
05-05-2008, 21:12
<content removed>

L P
05-05-2008, 21:29
If your lucky you might even get a temp ban. :dblthumbup:

Minimus
05-05-2008, 21:32
ahh, as I stated in "the box", too funny not to post, but maybe too offensive to post here. It's a fine line between excessive cussing, and something that's actually entertaining and funny. I've always argued this. Where would Chris Rock be without a little swearing?

Anyway, my goal was to entertain, not to offend. Delete it, warn me, but I'm spreading the **** **** message to all!

L P
05-05-2008, 21:40
The fact your still posting astounds me. I figured they would have put an end to your shenanigans 15 minutes ago.:w00t:

Minimus
05-05-2008, 21:42
well, some people got to view it, I deleted it on my own. If anyone would like the link to **** **** I will gladly provide it on msn.

p-kitty
05-13-2008, 10:15
hmmmm.... *wonders what it was* =/

Darkness
05-13-2008, 11:03

1. canadian Bacon is bacon that has been made in Canada ya numpty
2. other bacon is just bacon.
3. we have a **** load of hockey teams in Canada, but only 1 or 2 per province for the NHL, excluding SASK caus they suck.
4. I am sure there are more hiding places over seas then in Canada
5 montreal sucks they still think just caus there french they can seperate from canada and be a place of tehre own( what the heck are the gonna do blow up the boarder and float away?):dblthumbup: