PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Draft - Netting

Crimson Shadow
05-13-2008, 21:10
If we were to hold a fantasy draft where you could select any 5 members (past or present) to join your nation, who would you choose? They don't have to people be from your nation...you can select people from any nation.

This is only for netting...so don't pick people for warring reasons ;)

L P
05-13-2008, 21:23
Freeballs
Badger
Test Bot
Minimus
General Lee
Stoness

Minimus
05-13-2008, 21:25
LP
Lord Plastic
Jaymz
Inquisitor
Tan Epi Pan
A$$ Bandit
LP

Xavior
05-13-2008, 21:39
LOL

Evil n00b
JamesWheel
Gnorf
Tnova
Xavior :)

This isn't counting all the great BG netters of course :P

Minimus
05-13-2008, 21:52
Another serious one:

Calvin74
Nat22
Xavior
Jameswheel
Tnova

Calvin74
05-13-2008, 21:54
outside of myself here is mine

waser
aniara
poo
kifu
marshal

i would also take
james
tnova
a bger (dread, bk, sunking one of thsoe guys:P)
noob is good but he always seems to have a hard time:P
hawk is great as well

Tnova
05-13-2008, 22:32
1) Plato
2) Alpha D
3) Guy
^ these three guys could do it with any strat and i had some great game conversations with them. I hold them in the highest regard.
4) Dread -Calvin beat me to the punch on this one.
5) Margus- I know your out there :)

Max Logan
05-14-2008, 00:11
Waser
James
MadBG
Gnorf
Calvin (just to see if he lives up to his bragging :P )

northbabylon
05-14-2008, 13:25
calvin(when he was good)
tnova
james
gnorf
xavior

Max Logan
05-14-2008, 17:13
2 people put Xav on...lmao! :P

Mrmcjoey15
05-14-2008, 17:15
calvin(when he was good)
tnova
james
gnorf
xavior

LOl when he was good :clap:

zaxZ
05-14-2008, 17:19
I will not do this list about my friends.. only about those, who i think are the best:

MARGUS!! (the best i know)
evil noob (hes plans are so fabolous)
tnova (he's always somewhere and always ends in high top, quite a mysterious dude for me also)
neeme (in game, we hate each other, outside the game, you're a good mate, but s*it, you're so brilliant netter and warrior)
allah (yeah, you don't know him, he's from domination, but he's almost as good, or even as good as margus)

Xavior
05-14-2008, 19:04
2 people put Xav on...lmao! :P

I know.. wtf?

Crimson Shadow
05-14-2008, 20:01
Tnova
Evil Noob
Jameswheel
Max Logan/Silver
Gnorf

Calvin74
05-14-2008, 21:20
i used to be good:P
but being married with a kid, working and going to school more then full time takes a toll on the time i can spend online:P

i could still prob get top ten when i cared to but i prefer to be inactive and top 25 more:P

there are some good lists here though:P
silver did you ever see waser play?

Hoebawt
05-14-2008, 21:29
**** man why arent i in anyones top netters :(

Boz
Cappy
Tnova
-Z- (only when really stoned)
Anton

Calvin74
05-14-2008, 22:07
1) Plato
2) Alpha D
3) Guy
^ these three guys could do it with any strat and i had some great game conversations with them. I hold them in the highest regard.
4) Dread -Calvin beat me to the punch on this one.
5) Margus- I know your out there :)

are you talking about superguy?

how do you separate dread and bk:P
and when you list margus over noob is that based on cleanliness of play?:P

Tnova
05-15-2008, 00:56
Yes, Superguy

There are several BGers who are interchangeable. Rightly or wrongly i always viewed Dread as a more straight up player.

Evil Noob ranks up at the top with his crazy schemes and creative methods to get to the top. I guess this boils down to a persons view of a netting player. I think highly of people who can do it all, play from top from 500 turns on, play from top 1500 turns and on, play with different strats, and play from a nation without full nation army support.

In my mind the easiest way to get there is to play indy and just break out of the gate hitting anything and everything. Too many people get ranked this way, it is much more difficult to do it from turn 1500,especially now, you pretty much need the breakout indy to die or be severely injured to catch him/her. A lot of times i can but I'm usually in a nation who's NA isn't up to par and it keeps me from going up.

People with efficiency and flexibility, those are who i want to play with in my fantasy netting nation.

neemekas
05-15-2008, 04:01
Margus
Skycat
Allah
Iku
Maybe me too? :blush:

The best netter from Estonia.

I dont know many NW pple, but I know that evil and tnova are really good.

SkyCat
05-15-2008, 06:11
me and 4 guys to farm :rolleyes:

some of those lists are total joke! if someone is just your friend, cool, etc then this don't mean that he is really good!

Cemetary
05-15-2008, 17:33
hmmm....

id hafta go with...

Margus
James
evil n00b
Hawk (gnorf)
and possibly calvin if he got his head out of his @ss

i mean really u could list quite a few BGers sicne there was always one of them in top 2 back in the day

o yea, and i like skycats idea, but by putting n00b on my list that includes his state and the 5+ farm states hes bound to have

Dogma
05-15-2008, 17:43

Boz
Cappy
Tnova
Anton

Hoebs, you and I will be the mediocre netting team, along with:

hmm,

Well, there are too many to name, I would play with anyone

Minimus
05-15-2008, 17:49

Boz
Cappy
Tnova
Anton

Probably because you piss off everyone, get your member's states killed, then spend the next two weeks whining about it instead of netting.

Nat22
05-15-2008, 18:06
me and 4 guys to farm :rolleyes:

some of those lists are total joke! if someone is just your friend, cool, etc then this don't mean that he is really good!

Margus
Skycat
Allah
Iku
Maybe me too? :blush:

The best netter from Estonia.

I dont know many NW pple, but I know that evil and tnova are really good.

I assume we are talking about this one skycat?? cos it's gotta be a joke with you being on it!

SkyCat
05-16-2008, 02:36
I assume we are talking about this one skycat?? cos it's gotta be a joke with you being on it!
this how good or bad i'm with netting is deside to others!
but i can sure say that others in this list is all REALLY GOOD!!!! and are everyone capable to won set alone, without someone help!

but just for know, last 3 set in Estonia im won 2 and own currently all time top2 net and land - only Margus is better :crying: - and yes say something good himself is always good!

Nat22
05-16-2008, 10:42
Can I have that in english please??

Will
05-16-2008, 12:55
Waser
James
Noob
BGers

CommunistCapitalism
05-16-2008, 13:58
JamesWheel
Tnova
Gnorf

Hoebawt
05-16-2008, 14:04
Probably because you piss off everyone, get your member's states killed, then spend the next two weeks whining about it instead of netting.

shut up.... My member's love to restart... and do u see me whining anywhere here

Will
05-16-2008, 14:06
Chill people.

Max Logan
05-16-2008, 16:33
i used to be good:P
but being married with a kid, working and going to school more then full time takes a toll on the time i can spend online:P

i could still prob get top ten when i cared to but i prefer to be inactive and top 25 more:P

there are some good lists here though:P
silver did you ever see waser play?

when I first started back in 2001

Max Logan
05-16-2008, 16:39
Tnova
Evil Noob
Jameswheel
Max Logan/Silver
Gnorf

you on crack or smt :huh:

Divine Intervention
07-02-2008, 12:32
hmm... rather than just listing names of people ive never seen play before (Waser/BGers etc) ill instead go for a list of people who i have played with before + like + trust and who are at the same time top netters:

1) Viali
2) Gnorf
3) Free Nation
4) Zaxz
5) and....well any 1 of: Masta/CommunistCapitalist/Boskuh/Z/DBoz (Z and Dboz only if they are active and not simply expand and build farmer stockers who then jump 100% ships :D)

Sure they might not be as good as eviln00b etc and all those people who played in 2001 (but havent played for like 5 years since :rolleyes:) but when i run a nation the first people id ask to join are my friends :p.

Rassputtin
07-03-2008, 10:43
----------------
Tnova
Jameswheel
Margus
Hawk
Evil Noob
-----------------
There are some others I could easily swap out and into the list, such as the BG'ers and Poo. I would even give benjitramp a chance to come to camp and work out with the first team, And I would have no problems adding Xavior to my squad (making it 3). But we'll go with those 5 first. Barring injury we're guaranteed a championship.

Grendel Khan
07-05-2008, 16:11
Calvin was ever good?

:)

-- don't blow up calvie, you know it's funny.

Hawk/Gnorf
Tnova
Rass
Xavier
James on probation

This is dominance. The first four are what it would take to have a nation purr, and defend itself, because you can't net like they would without being able to defend yourself. Also there is no question as to honesty in the game, or adaptability. James can net like no one's business, but he's better when he doesn't care about his nation and makes no qualms about it. Not that I don't like James, He and I talk on occasion for years now. Just not the first name that pops to mind for building a nation regardless to his ability to out net.

Rass? If he ever got a fair shake he'd bury many a poster child for netting. Generally out runs his nation in support and gets hobbled there. Imagine a dream team nation that could support him?

Xavier? Most active reliable lazy inactive player around. on cruise control his experience allows him to place and matter, and he doesn't mind killing.

Divine Intervention
07-09-2008, 21:03
can someone give some examples of the crazy plans n00b had to win?
i think i remeber someone talking about him abusing unlimited nation creations + bank deposit thing...anything else?

Calvin74
07-09-2008, 21:27
can someone give some examples of the crazy plans n00b had to win?
i think i remeber someone talking about him abusing unlimited nation creations + bank deposit thing...anything else?

mostly his winning involved around cheating
i think he had a lot of talent but it is hard to tell once we found out how he got his extra stuff:P

Xavior
07-10-2008, 21:51
I remember one time he jumped to an outrageous networth with like 4k techer land.