PDA

View Full Version : Info

Mr President
05-16-2008, 14:42
Just wanted to let you all know that Tnova has been promoted to Vice President of Security for the game/forums. He brings a vast amount of knowledge to the table and will be helping me keep the game and forums free from cheaters. As we all know, it is an uphill battle but we try.

I still ask that you all do your part and if you know someone is cheating, please report them. It is strictly confidential and nobody knows. Cheating hurts the game. Nobody likes a cheater.

My rules on this are simple.. If your caught the first time you get a slap on the wrist. If you get caught again, it's a perm ban. I have no mercy for cheaters.

We have a great game and a lot of great people playing it. Look how many people came back to play this game. So that means there is a love for this game. So why do people have to try and ruin it by cheating...

Anyway, congrats Tnova!

Crimson Shadow
05-16-2008, 20:54
Congrats Tnova...have fun with your new position :)

Xavior
05-17-2008, 04:35
What is the NW policy on proxies?

DBozMen
05-17-2008, 06:43
congrats! on the new job!

Mr President
05-17-2008, 11:16
What is the NW policy on proxies?

Against the rules.

Tnova
05-17-2008, 16:03
Let me expand a little bit. Proxies as a whole aren't against the rules, as plenty of schools and business use a proxy for computers in their organization. The Terms of Service highlight the areas that aren't allowed.

You may NOT play the game through any public proxy or anonymizer software or portal

Web Proxies, anonymizers, and any public proxies meant to hide a persons IPs and cookies are not permitted. These systems can be used to get around the automatic detection systems set up. People who use these are usually looking to run multiple states.

Guy77
05-21-2008, 15:49
Congrats Buddy! =)

Akebavos
05-22-2008, 15:19
Let me expand a little bit. Proxies as a whole aren't against the rules, as plenty of schools and business use a proxy for computers in their organization. The Terms of Service highlight the areas that aren't allowed.

You may NOT play the game through any public proxy or anonymizer software or portal

Web Proxies, anonymizers, and any public proxies meant to hide a persons IPs and cookies are not permitted. These systems can be used to get around the automatic detection systems set up. People who use these are usually looking to run multiple states.

This is all good and all, but my problem is that my best friend lives in the same house as me i.e. same IP address therefore he cannot play or I would get banned :(

oh and congratz

Dogma
05-22-2008, 15:25
This is all good and all, but my problem is that my best friend lives in the same house as me i.e. same IP address therefore he cannot play or I would get banned :(

oh and congratz

As long as it is not same computer, that is workable. All you would need to do is talk to Mr P, we have many ppl that play in the same house or dorm room.

Akebavos
05-22-2008, 17:46
As long as it is not same computer, that is workable. All you would need to do is talk to Mr P, we have many ppl that play in the same house or dorm room.

No I run throught a router so all my PC get different IPs from the Router, but the router only gets one IP address.

Mr President
05-22-2008, 18:28
Akebavos send me a msg with what states are going to be on the same IP.

I can work around the security stuff as long as i'm informed upfront.