PDA

View Full Version : intellectual bull****

Minimus
05-27-2008, 14:27
I think I'm beginning to understand how these forums work. Almost everything in here is talking about war, some sort of political talk, or something that involves math (ie: hurt and heal 1970's B movie actors). If something gets off topic, or people start playfully insulting each other, half this community gets butt hurt about it. I'm beginning to think the majority of posters are either high school, or early college kids whose mommy always told them how smart they were. Therefore, they look at this game and the forums as some sort of intellectual stimulus, like chess. Like somehow if you break into the top 10, you're smarter than anyone else. Or, if you get some positive rep for writing a narrative on Fidel Castro not selling food on the PM at a reasonable price, that it somehow makes you feel better about yourself.

I think most of you have missed the point of games. This is supposed to be fun. If you don't like suiciders, either relax and don't try as hard, or don't play. I'm really not going to think you're any less smart for doing so, honestly. Did any of you do anything fun when you were kids? Play on a swingset, or kick a ball around with your friends just to do it? Not in a competitive sense, but just to have some fun? I'm not trying to diss political or intellectual discussions, they have their place, but do something fun with these forums. It will attract a diverse crowd, maybe some trailer trash or some pot smoking new jersey mexicans if you're lucky. As far as the suicider thing goes, lighten up, let them have their fun and you have yours. If they are somehow ruining your fun by suiciding, then you're missing the point of playing a game.

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:09
you one of those Wii fans? :magic:

go play Mario or Zelda, or wtf you want. This the reason this game has been falling since 2002. Some smartass fun loving ego*****

-Chris-
05-27-2008, 15:20
I think what Mini is trying to say is that this is just a game.....

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:22
don`t become hypocratic, please

-Chris-
05-27-2008, 15:24
don`t become hypocratic, please
Elaborate on how I am a hypocrite.

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:29
the way you take this game as serious as everyone else

-Chris-
05-27-2008, 15:33
the way you take this game as serious as everyone else
Actually when I walk away this computer it pretty much leaves my mind, unless theres a war strike somewhere in the future. This game is about the equivalent to a good TV show. Love the show, some characters I like, some I hate, some you just have to deal with for the show.

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:37
is that the reason you flipped and hit 307 and then deleted? and it far beyond that

and I never said anything about when you leave the game (off PC or page)

-Chris-
05-27-2008, 15:41
is that the reason you flipped and hit 307 and then deleted? and it far beyond that

and I never said anything about when you leave the game (off PC or page)
I flipped as you say, because he landdropped me, giving me no more reason to play so i figured I'd get some revenge. i deleted because in the process of redturns I lost quite a bit of money that was suppose to bring me back where i started but didn't work that way.

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:44
its like RL, no point to continue so you just end the misery :p

ranger2112
05-27-2008, 15:50
I think I'm beginning to understand how these forums work. Almost everything in here is talking about war, some sort of political talk, or something that involves math (ie: hurt and heal 1970's B movie actors). If something gets off topic, or people start playfully insulting each other, half this community gets butt hurt about it. I'm beginning to think the majority of posters are either high school, or early college kids whose mommy always told them how smart they were. Therefore, they look at this game and the forums as some sort of intellectual stimulus, like chess. Like somehow if you break into the top 10, you're smarter than anyone else. Or, if you get some positive rep for writing a narrative on Fidel Castro not selling food on the PM at a reasonable price, that it somehow makes you feel better about yourself.

I think most of you have missed the point of games. This is supposed to be fun. If you don't like suiciders, either relax and don't try as hard, or don't play. I'm really not going to think you're any less smart for doing so, honestly. Did any of you do anything fun when you were kids? Play on a swingset, or kick a ball around with your friends just to do it? Not in a competitive sense, but just to have some fun? I'm not trying to diss political or intellectual discussions, they have their place, but do something fun with these forums. It will attract a diverse crowd, maybe some trailer trash or some pot smoking new jersey mexicans if you're lucky. As far as the suicider thing goes, lighten up, let them have their fun and you have yours. If they are somehow ruining your fun by suiciding, then you're missing the point of playing a game.

man has a point.

Max Logan
05-27-2008, 15:51
only one thing: his not a man

ranger2112
05-27-2008, 15:54
well that is rude, true, however rude not the less.

Dogma
05-27-2008, 16:16

If I may, it isn't the having fun and going back and forth, Lord knows if it were that Hoeb and I wouldn't be able to do anything. We are constantly getting back and forth. I think the general thing that gets offensive and what people complain about is how it always goes vulgar. Now, Don't get me wrong, I am an adult and I can take it, however we do have younger players and even children that come on these forums and their parents do not want them to see that type of thing. I know that the first daughter comes on here and Mr P would rather her not be exposed to that type of behavior in her young life. ]

he has put this together in the hopes that it can be family fun. I know I enjoy playing with my son here, granted he is grown, but still I play this with my family. Even cousins that don't speak to me anymore, I still enjoy having them here. It gives us something in common to do. So all we ask is that you be at least respectful to the wishes of the parents that come on here with their kids to not expose kids to that type of language.

I, for one, enjoy how you guys are that close, I have had those types of things go on here as well, but lets try and just keep it so that people of all ages can come here and not have to worry about being offended in that way.

Mr President
05-27-2008, 19:27

I actually think this is one of your best posts minimus.. And i also enjoyed the hidden slam. (pot smoking NJ mexican)

There are many, myself included who do take this game too serious at times. But on the other hand, i enjoy the seriousness in it. If WLF attacked USA and killed all of us on the first strike, would that ruin our lives? No of course not. But it's fun to act like it would.

But on the flip side, i have actually seen people a lot more calmer in here then it use to be in WoW. People here are to worried about hurting other people's feelings and hurting the game. I don't really think that is the case. I don't think getting heated up on the forums is going to hurt the game at all. In fact, i think it helps. People love confrontations. But what people don't like it the same stuff over and over.. That gets old.

The rules in these forums are quite laxed. Only a few of them are strongly enforced. And believe it or not, but you all have proven me right. You are able to have conversations and even disagreements without using the F bomb. These forums have been open for awhile now, and out of all the posts we have, you don't see it that often.

I want diverse people in here. I don't want everyone agreeing with everyone. The reason topics in here are always the same is cause the same people make them. (not knocking those who post :D ) So if we want change, then we need more people posting.

Yes this is just a game and people are free to play it anyway they want. Serious or not serious. Suiciding is a huge issue.. Always has and always will be. Some feel it's part of the game while others feel it needs to go. Who it to decide that someone else's state isn't up to par? Who is it to decide it's not? It's a question that will go unanswered for years to come.

We all have stuck through some rough times. some dropped off after WoW shut down, and many have returned. And slowly but surely things are getting back to normal. And everyday more people join up to play.

I enjoy being active with everyone in here. In some games, admins only comment when someone did something wrong or something needs fixing. Not me, i like getting in heated debates and getting all worked up. It's what i love to do. And the best part is, if i lose the debate i'll just manually delete your state lmao... jk! Personally i think everything is going fine. We do need more members and a larger variety of people who come on here. But overall, out of all the games i have played... This game and most of all this community is by far the best one ever. :crying:

Rassputtin
05-27-2008, 19:43

Not say it hasn't happened to you, but I've never been ridiculed for going off topic which I have. I guess its a matter of which mod read your post. Some are...... more strict than others i think. I also don't cry in a corner when insults my playfully or seriously. I am most certainly well beyond the age of being in high school or college.

And really this game and forum is an intellectual stimulus. If it didnt stimulate your brain in any way you wouldnt be here. Unless of course your intellectual analyzation of how "these forums work" was purely for fun instead of intellectual stimulus. And while we're at it lets be fair. Finishing in the top ten does require intellegence. I mean lets face it, put a monkey in front of the computer for a month and he isn't winning the set. Now there is a threshold for the intelligence required to play well. If you exceed that threshold then its even playing field for all those beyond it. However it is not the same for those below it.

I'm sure those who write thier essays on market prices feel no better about themselves then you do when you write your narratives on how these forums work.

Maybe, just maybe instead of assuming we all missed the point of games because our mommies dun tolded us we is the smartsist. You should consider the fact that maybe when your mommy told you " Don't worry about finishing last little minimus, so long as you had fun doing it" may have caused you to miss the boat on the point of games.

Because although the game should be fun as far as enjoying doing it. It isn't played for that reason. It is played to win. Otherwise their wouldn't be places, winners or scores. There would just be a fun meter and the games success would be determined whether or not the fun meter was full enough.

So yeah I did all kinds of fun things when I was a kid. Swingsets, forts, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, matchboxes all sorts of stuff. But you know what else I did for fun. I competed in games. Baseball games, football games, video games, computer games, board games, all of which the goal was to win. Did I have fun? Hell yes, if I didnt have fun trying to win a game, whether I won or not, then I didnt play that game cause it wasnt fun.

As far as this game supposed to being fun, it would be a lot more fun without suiciders. As far as your method, " either relax and don't try as hard or don't play" thats just bass ackwards. Hey major league baseball players, tired of other guys taking steroids and ruining your fun. Just don't try as hard or retire because any attempts at preventing steroid use would be trying to dissuade a legetimiate baseball strategy. Gimmie a break. Oh and don't forget Yankees, its not whether you win or lose, its whether or not your having fun playing the game.

As far as discussions, polictical, religious or something fun like you suggested I don't care. If you want to make fun conversations go on. I dont think myself or anyone else would frown upon it. Perhaps why people seem so abrasive to you is that when they are engaging in what they deem a serious discussion and you try to bring fun into it, isnt really what they want. As fun also has its place.

I think your misconception of the definition of a suicider clouds your judgement, that and its never happened to you. I'm not missing the point of the game. The point of the game is to win. I mean lets be real.

Like I said before its not a fun'o'meter. Its a scores page, with ranks, places, stats, numbers and everything. Almost like someone is keeping track of something to determine a .................. wait for it....................winner.

The point of the game is to win. Whether or not your going to play the game and try to win depends on if it is fun. I believe perhaps your missing the point of the game.

A suicider in NW is the equivalent of tonya harding popping nancy kerrigans knee. She knew she couldnt beat her, so she arranged what had to be done in order for her to have a chance at finishing ahead of her.

Viable skating strategy or dirty crap. Now what happend to harding. She was banned for life. How many people have tried to get another skaters leg whacked since.......... 0.

Maybe NW does need to take a look at the lesson something as lame as skating provides.

oh and btw, i apologize for making this too long. I know how easy it is for you to go into skim'a'quote'a'line mode.:laugh:

Minimus
05-27-2008, 20:38
I know how easy it is for you to go into skim'a'quote'a'line mode.:laugh:

sorry, had to do it.

Rassputtin
05-28-2008, 11:16
sorry, had to do it.

lol

Max Logan
05-28-2008, 12:25
Rass you start to reminds the WoW Mr P :angry:

Minimus
05-28-2008, 15:53
only one thing: his not a man

I know, I know, you're a total ******bag, but nonetheless, I can't say I've ever seen you post something that is the least bit useful or entertaining. Even some of these not so intellectual posters do a little better than you.

Max Logan
05-28-2008, 23:54
did we get offended? poor we :rolleyes:

if you want smt entertaining, read Hoebs posts. Hell of a laugh stock!

Minimus
05-30-2008, 14:52
Hoeb's posts are funny, I agree. They're full of "wit".