PDA

View Full Version : forum/state names

Norrisville
06-02-2008, 13:34
A lot of people wonder how I came up with Norrisville as my name.... well,

in my high school band, there was a kid in the grade above me who kept making these odd chuck norris references. so i decided to google him and see what came up, and i found www.chucknorrisfacts.com , a website filled with hilarious (in my opinion) jokes about chuck norris. so every day in 11th and 12th grade i wrote a chuck norris joke on the band room chalkboard every day. so i figured it would be unique to name my first WoW state Norrisville.

There's probably a story behind every forum/state name. so lets all crowd around a campfire and tell our stories!

northbabylon
06-02-2008, 13:56
well for me, my frist set is asked for a state name, so since i am so clever and unique i put my town as my state name, then after a few sets, i just got comfortable with the name and kept it.

Foxhound
06-02-2008, 14:02
well my name is from metal gear solid

enough said :P

ranger2112
06-02-2008, 14:15
i was in the national guard and several of my buddies in the regular army used to call me the forest ranger, because i wasnt a "real" soldier..then desert storm came and they just shortened it to ranger. I love Rush and 2112 is an album of theirs. thus my nic

Divine Intervention
06-02-2008, 15:42
Divine Intervention -> was feeling slightly spiritual mood when i created my first Counter strike nick. Then went to my name coz just...and OMT = a song by daft punk which i really like. haha.

Missionary
06-02-2008, 16:13
Divine Intervention -> was feeling slightly spiritual mood when i created my first Counter strike nick. Then went to my name coz just...and OMT = a song by daft punk which i really like. haha.

OMG he finally admitted it lmao.

when i 1st started i had a really gay name lol. after talking to someone, cant remember who it was (someone from ER), they though i was a missionary. one of those who work for the church lmao. so yeh just went with it :P

Crimson Shadow
06-02-2008, 16:18
I got mine from the only book that ever kept my attention lol

Max Logan
06-02-2008, 16:37
Gladiator+Syphon Filter

northbabylon
06-02-2008, 16:47
im guessing that was your old name? how about your new name then?

KLL
06-02-2008, 17:43
KLL are the initials of my name that my teachers keept misspelling (my actual initials should be KL or KAL)
and i mostly used the state name KL_Empire i nthe past, don't really have to explain do I?

Max Logan
06-02-2008, 18:21
im guessing that was your old name? how about your new name then?

no idea :laugh:

swede7
06-03-2008, 01:49
I like this thread.

My heritage is swedish and my number when I played youth soccer was 7. Hence swede7.

DBozMen
06-03-2008, 03:38
I bassed mine on my real name: Dennis Bosman

Cape
06-03-2008, 21:50
The place I grew up is called Cape Breton, For the first few sets I used CapeBreton and over time it just got shortened to Cape. Lame but true :p

MAGGIO
06-03-2008, 22:55
Its my last name. One upon a time I was REDDAWN which is a ref from an old 80s movie.

BTW that is just vinnies fav position dont let him fool you.

Rassputtin
06-04-2008, 02:29
mine obviously is a play off of gregory rasputin. I had a bit of..... interest in the man, and added an extra s and t to the name.... thats it.

pcgluva
06-04-2008, 15:41
when i started i used master10921 retarted but good for a 12 yearold, then i changed to pcgluva because in my 3 or 4 set i played with PC Gamers [PCG] (we finised good i think 20 and i remade my state next set as pcgluva aka pc game lover that was at 14, now 3 years later i still use it, for gaming, most just go by my name sean, or pcg, or gluva. or pc. lol :p

Hoebawt
06-04-2008, 15:53
Its my last name. One upon a time I was REDDAWN which is a ref from an old 80s movie.

BTW that is just vinnies fav position dont let him fool you.

Reddawn is a great movie :)

Max Logan
06-04-2008, 17:01
Anton brought you over to the commies? Jeez

Guy77
06-04-2008, 17:48
OMG first of all Maggio, i effing love your signature, thats an Epic Fail

When i was 13 i was either TheCrazyDingo or GuyOnTheCouch one being a nick name from an old wow player that i knew irl (Orbital) and the other a nickname from bandcamp

Well everyone just shortened it to Guy anyone, so i just went w/ it, but atm wow had a guy, so i added 77 and its been that way ever since =)

jeff_capes
06-04-2008, 18:31
Jeff Capes
(Probably not correct spelling) was the strongest man in the world when I was younger. Me and mates used to shout it out when fighting or giving a mate beats, haha. Then used it playing online games like counterstrike and things and it just stuck.
Radstock (my state) is just where I live, lol.

LandDragon
06-04-2008, 23:45
since i was born in 1988, which is a year of dragon according to the chinese calendar, more precisely its earth dragon, but earth sounds lame, so i took the liberty to change it to LandDragon, i have used it since 2003 when i started playing Enemy Territory

Mahdi
06-05-2008, 01:05
Mahdi... Dune Series i visionary leader and a brilliant tactician excellent with words and revered as a god by the fremen...

Dragoon... the Protoss Unit

Will
06-05-2008, 20:26
Mahdi... Dune Series i visionary leader and a brilliant tactician excellent with words and revered as a god by the fremen...

Dragoon... the Protoss Unit

In the books it is Muad'dib. There was a real life Mahdi who was not too smart, picked a fight with us (British) and got his arse kicked.

Mahdi
06-05-2008, 21:14
it is also stated that he is Mahdi... and i really didnt feel like writing out Muad'dib on a million different games

Dogma
06-06-2008, 18:51
When I got my first computer, back in the mid early 90's, I was playing Janes Combat simulations online and I had to have a callsign. I tried eleventy million until I foung Dogma was available, and the rest is history

PhoenixFury
06-07-2008, 11:06
For me a while I was trying to think of a new name... it used to be Rayzor but that was taken already in the game I was playing, so I thought of PhoenixFury partly because of my interest in phoenix's plus phoenix's are meant to be peaceful so the fury of one is unheard of, and you'd have to do something pretty extreme to make it angry. Anyway the name sound cool and it stuck.

The state name just has to do with fire, phoenix=fire bird, and I like fire *cough* fire bug *cough*