PDA

View Full Version : New Theme update!

Mr President
06-06-2008, 01:12
As most of you know, i have been trying to make it so all our themes were framed. (like old b&Y and current desert theme is)

It has given me a lot of problems, but today i happen to figure it all out. it was quite easy actually, but i kept over looking a certain file.

Anyway, very soon all our themes will be framed. Personally i think it looks better and they are a lot easier to make. (less coding) :dblthumbup:

I will be making new themes for the next few days and then i will load them up. I finished one this evening called Army theme, but it's nothing like the current army theme. These are actual army colors. I really like it!

But i will also make a black and white one and some others with different colors.

If any of you have suggestions on colors for themes, feel free to send me a PM with them.

But you must include this information:

bg color- (main background color)
link colors
letter colors- (all the wording in the game)
form color- (background to things like when making a msg or the bg of buttons.)
events- (2 different colors you see when looking at global events screen)

failure to supply this info will only get your PM deleted.

you must really think this out. make a plan and then if you think it will be good send me a PM with all the info. If you are really good, then send me a small screenshot of what you made. not everyone has these programs, so if not, just let me know the colors you think will be good for each.

I will load them up and look at them. If i like them and use them, you will receive a 2 month free premium acct. Plus credit for them on here.

In conclusion, when it comes time to load all these up and change everything over to frames, i will need all states on both servers to change to the desert theme. (if not i will manually transfer it, but it would save me a lot of time if you did it yourself). When the time comes, i will post a message in here and also send out a ingame message to everyone reminding you. (also for those who don't come on here)

If you don't change before i make the changes and you are using one of the non framed themes (any theme other then desert) it will mess you up and look really really bad.

Depending on time, if it's later in the set before i'm all done with this, then i will wait till next set and do it between rounds. But i would rather not wait so it all depends on how fast i get things done.

thanks

Mr President
06-06-2008, 01:26
also, one thing to add.. i am going to try and keep 1 maybe 2 NON frames themes. I know some of you like the non framed better. So i will try to make that happen.

pcgluva
06-06-2008, 16:12
let me know if u need graphics

L P
06-06-2008, 19:31
Would it be possible to develop some sort of custom skin maker?

Mr President
06-06-2008, 23:12
there are lots of skin makers out there for downloading. What are your thoughts for using this? To make skins to send in to me, or are you thinking making it so all members can use it and make there own skin for there game.
If that is the case, no we can't do that cause everything has to be uploaded.

but fill me in more on why you are asking.

L P
06-07-2008, 10:42
I played a game that had a site you could download custom skins from.

It was set up so you had to post a link to the skin in your preferences. There were also programs that allowed people to design there own and then put their design on websites that saved files. (Sorta like hosting signature graphics.)

That game had been around a while so there was lots of skins floating around and many different graphics available for the units.

The negative side was some skins worked better than others and sometimes changes to the game made a skin stop working.

My suggestion would be to have an official list of approved skins for use. This would ensure they were tested and worked as well as being virus free.

Mr President
06-09-2008, 23:19
ok the new themes are up.

There is still a little work to be done on them. banners will be upgraded, but i needed to have them up so sean could match colors.

Please let me know what you think. All themes are now framed and much easier to make, so we can change out the bad ones and make new ones from time to time.

Not everyone is going to like all of them. I kinda tried to make a different selection so at least you all could find one you liked.

Mr President
06-09-2008, 23:20
also, let me add... not one person sent in a suggestion on colors for the theme. So i had to come up with them myself. So nobody can complain! if you don't like them, make a suggestion. :D

L P
06-09-2008, 23:29
I was gonna suggest a pink Hello Kitty theme...

Mr. P,

I liked the old Army Theme better. The one that is there now is a little tough on the eyes. I prefer a scheme with not as much contrast.

Also, On the High Speed Blue theme, It appears to be a photo of someone attacking a tank with a bayonet?:D

L P
06-09-2008, 23:37
BTW, Can you make a Theme that would fit my Palm Pilot screen and has no graphics?

Like a mini version?

Cape
06-10-2008, 00:11
I really like the Black theme :)

Crimson Shadow
06-10-2008, 00:19
Why are they all frameset themes. I liked the old B&W theme alot better.

And I always open up multiple tabs so its easier to navigate throughout the screens, but when I do now it removes the leftside navbar. So I have to close out of the tab to go to a different screen. Only other way would be for me to log in 4 times in 4 different tabs which would be a pain doing that 10 times a day.

pcgluva
06-10-2008, 00:37
crimson they will be back pres has some recoding to do thats all

Dogma
06-10-2008, 01:59
Why in the hell change every theme to copy the orange and black theme? I hate the bottom bar for changes. GRRRRRR

Am not happy!

Mr President
06-10-2008, 02:04
hold your panties.. Does anyone read? I stated in my first post that i will add 1 or 2 NON framed themes.

Framed themes are easier to make and i think look better then the non framed ones.. But i know some don't like framed, so that is why i am adding a couple non frames back in.

Like now, the old B&W NON FRAMED theme is back in action. The army one will be back soon.. but i have to change more files to make that happen.. And well i'm headed to bed now cause i'm tired.. :(

The Legend
06-10-2008, 02:17
I'm quite fond of the blue theme. However, an option to have either no banner image, or to force it to use just one (in particular the understated one with no jets that was ~42Kb in the Blue version), would be nice.

Crimson Shadow
06-10-2008, 09:03
crimson they will be back pres has some recoding to do thats all

I knew he said there were going to be some nonframed sets, but then all 5 were framed so I was just making sure that we were getting them back.

Mr President
06-10-2008, 11:33
Just so you all know, there is another theme that i added on. but only premium members can access it.

This theme is the B&O theme from WoW. :D

k959
06-10-2008, 12:02
i like the no frames one best

northbabylon
06-10-2008, 18:14
i like the black one, but on vendetta, wheny ou go to change states you can't see what state you are selection unless you put the mouse over it, so its a slight turn off. I like the blue one as well.

Mr President
06-10-2008, 23:49
nball i don't see what you mean. I just logged on there and it works fine.. I can see all my states in the drop down menu..

You are using the new black one i made right and not the b&o from WoW?

northbabylon
06-11-2008, 03:22
i was using the black one, and a few hours ago it was still the same problem, but it seems to be fixed now. So now i like that one even more =)

nvm...its like that on IE...**** IE...-_-

Mrmcjoey15
06-11-2008, 22:43
i was using the black one, and a few hours ago it was still the same problem, but it seems to be fixed now. So now i like that one even more =)

nvm...its like that on IE...**** IE...-_-

just dl fire fox its are way cooler

northbabylon
06-11-2008, 22:47
just dl fire fox its are way cooler

i do have FF it just doesn't work for NW anymore -_-

Mrmcjoey15
06-11-2008, 22:50
i do have FF it just doesn't work for NW anymore -_-

theres allways safari or OPERA! lmao