PDA

View Full Version : Paper Doll States

Grim Digital
06-11-2008, 01:17
As a new player, I have observed top states that can not be land grabbed. But can be burnt like a paper doll. They are vulnerable to an act of war. Why should I finish between 50 & 100 ready for war, and not take out a top ten who isn't? As a new player you should fear my inability to finish first.

What would happen if everyone from rank 100 - 200 took out the top 25? How many that can't be land grabbed could easily be killed. How could you retaliate against those numbers? And if so, is it suicide?

What if i Posted your intel regularly with the sole purpose of inviting suiciders?

Would I then be forcing you to play only one way.................................

Dogma
06-11-2008, 07:00
As a new player, I have observed top states that can not be land grabbed. But can be burnt like a paper doll. They are vulnerable to an act of war. Why should I finish between 50 & 100 ready for war, and not take out a top ten who isn't? As a new player you should fear my inability to finish first.

What would happen if everyone from rank 100 - 200 took out the top 25? How many that can't be land grabbed could easily be killed. How could you retaliate against those numbers? And if so, is it suicide?

What if i Posted your intel regularly with the sole purpose of inviting suiciders?

Would I then be forcing you to play only one way.................................

They would be deleted as posting intel is not allowed in these forums.

KLL
06-11-2008, 07:11

on the other hand you can learn to net properly and get into top10 or at least 20.
it really aint that tricky.

::LD::GrimReapr
06-11-2008, 13:51
Or perhaps we could actually play this game for what it is a game and let the dice fall how they may.If i did what everyone else did i wouldnt be me and im also not really found of being a lemming.while lemmings are good and all i wanna be great and following in someone elses shadow or doin what they do wont allow that without some outside circumstance or luck.

Rassputtin
06-11-2008, 15:15
They would be deleted as posting intel is not allowed in these forums.

But making a post saying you have the intel and if someone wants it to pm you is fine. Or going on MSN and giving to whomever is fine. Hell I'll bet its a gray area if you post the intel without saying who it is. and say if it looks like a juicy target to pm you.......................

on the other hand you can learn to net properly and get into top10 or at least 20.
it really aint that tricky.

By net properly he means have 99% infantry and be totally defenseless untill the last week, and then dump all your infantry and get only ships for that last week and still be totally defenseless.............

You fail to realize that he already knows how to net. What he's saying is that the "proper" way to net is garbage. And those with no fear of attack have no problem being defenseless.

He is making speculation. Besides he has no real interest in making into the top ten. He is more interested in punishing those who are in the top ten but can not defend themselves............... in the sense that a balanced state can break them, not a one unit stockpiling suicider.

And he's right.

If your twice my networth, and I"m running a normal balanced strat, not stockpiling one unit to suicide on you, but a balanced state. And I can break you, then you should be broken.

Perhaps when that happens enough, "Proper Netting" will be redefined.

Dogma
06-11-2008, 15:34
But making a post saying you have the intel and if someone wants it to pm you is fine. Or going on MSN and giving to whomever is fine. Hell I'll bet its a gray area if you post the intel without saying who it is. and say if it looks like a juicy target to pm you.......................

By net properly he means have 99% infantry and be totally defenseless untill the last week, and then dump all your infantry and get only ships for that last week and still be totally defenseless.............

You fail to realize that he already knows how to net. What he's saying is that the "proper" way to net is garbage. And those with no fear of attack have no problem being defenseless.

He is making speculation. Besides he has no real interest in making into the top ten. He is more interested in punishing those who are in the top ten but can not defend themselves............... in the sense that a balanced state can break them, not a one unit stockpiling suicider.

And he's right.

If your twice my networth, and I"m running a normal balanced strat, not stockpiling one unit to suicide on you, but a balanced state. And I can break you, then you should be broken.

Perhaps when that happens enough, "Proper Netting" will be redefined.

With this, I will agree 100%. I have jumped up and broken states with much higher n w than my own, however I did it with legal attacks, not war attacks. If you can break the top state with legal attacks then by all means hit him.

Rassputtin
06-11-2008, 15:46
With this, I will agree 100%. I have jumped up and broken states with much higher n w than my own, however I did it with legal attacks, not war attacks. If you can break the top state with legal attacks then by all means hit him.

I'm not referring to legal attacks. I'm referring to all the other attack buttons. If i'm ranked 75th with a million ships and a million jets and a million spies and 10 million infantry, and because I'm not infantry whoring I'm in 75th. meanwhile your in 2nd with 80 million infantry and nothing else. If your that arrogant that I can break you with jets, spies, or ships from 73 spots away.......................... without stockpiling what your weakest at like a suicider......... because with #2 having nothing, 1 jet to break is not stockpiling like a suicider.

If thats the scenario, why should Grim Digital let you get away with your arrogance.

-Chris-
06-11-2008, 16:39
So i should be arrested for an out of war air raid, all attacks are legal, not all are acceptable.

Max Logan
06-11-2008, 18:12
i doubt top 100-200 could suicide top 25

Hoebawt
06-11-2008, 19:20
I like Grim :)

Dogma
06-11-2008, 19:46
Look, I am not disagreeing with your basic point. I hate states that think they can win it with one unit as well. I always try and have abalanced state as that way I can net or war from the same setup. be Prepared for any outcome, however, without going to war with them, what are you going to do? Suicide without any rhyme or reason? That is just like me hating anyone that uses bambers (you know wh oI am talking to) so I just ar them to death to teach them how to play. That in and of itself is not, in my opinion, ethical gameplay, but that is just me.

If it bothers you that badly, hell, go to war and show them what you mean, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but ****, quit *****in and just do something.

I mean the thang abou tthis game is everyone is free to run their state as they like, if you don't like it, then it is entirely up to you to do something, but everyone can do as they please here. If they want to be left completely unprotected, that is the chance they take.

I just don't play that way.And the way they play doesn't guarantee that they will win the set, look at last set as an example.

06-11-2008, 19:58
Yes but herein lies the problem if we goto war and kill a few members and then get gang banged which we all know will happen its being called suicide suiciders we are not.

So again as rass has stated before next set when the Odds are hopefully a bit closer than what they are now something will be done cant say for sure cause i dont know how many if any PM's Rass has gotten.

BTW have a nice day all and best of luck to you :sneaky:

KLL
06-11-2008, 20:45
Or perhaps we could actually play this game for what it is a game and let the dice fall how they may.If i did what everyone else did i wouldnt be me and im also not really found of being a lemming.while lemmings are good and all i wanna be great and following in someone elses shadow or doin what they do wont allow that without some outside circumstance or luck.
do whatever you want. jsut leave me alone. i want to net peacefully. i didn'T sign up to this game to get killed because someone else is bored.

By net properly he means have 99% infantry and be totally defenseless untill the last week, and then dump all your infantry and get only ships for that last week and still be totally defenseless.............i feel that i'm netting properly and should be having less than 70% inf.
you'Re trying the make a rule out of exceptions here mate. i don't know why, nor do i care. my guess at this stage would be, because you can't competite with the top10% of the players.

If your twice my networth, and I"m running a normal balanced strat, not stockpiling one unit to suicide on you, but a balanced state. And I can break you, then you should be broken. if you can break a state twice as large as you, he probably doesn't have GB protection. i doubt any top50 state has that issue.

I'm not referring to legal attacks. I'm referring to all the other attack buttons. If i'm ranked 75th with a million ships and a million jets and a million spies and 10 million infantry, and because I'm not infantry whoring I'm in 75th. meanwhile your in 2nd with 80 million infantry and nothing else. If your that arrogant that I can break you with jets, spies, or ships from 73 spots away.......................... without stockpiling what your weakest at like a suicider......... because with #2 having nothing, 1 jet to break is not stockpiling like a suicider.well i quite frankly am not aware of any state to which you can apply this. especialy seeig nthat noone except maybe for the #1 has 80 million inf.
all top10 states i am aware of are somewhat balanced.
i'm stil lthinking you'Re jsut lookign for some excuse for failing to become a good netter

Disorder
06-11-2008, 20:50

:dblthumbup::dblthumbup::dblthumbup: Haha, take out the top 25, and we'll never hear em stop crying... :crying:

06-11-2008, 20:55
you havent been reading all the posts about whats goin on im assuming otherwise you would have known he was in top 10 for a bit. :magic:

L P
06-11-2008, 21:22
I enjoy that we have some newer players with grand ideas.

It's very refreshing.:thumbup:

KLL
06-11-2008, 21:29
you havent been reading all the posts about whats goin on im assuming otherwise you would have known he was in top 10 for a bit. :magic:

for a bit = failed isn't it?
unless he finished top, he faield to net properly in my book.

Calvin74
06-11-2008, 22:39
for a bit = failed isn't it?
unless he finished top, he faield to net properly in my book.

what kll you didn't know they hand out trophies for almost being good these days

Norrisville
06-11-2008, 23:39
every set on the last day, we have a free for all. last state standing wins. if thatll stop all the *****in and complaining. ffs

kanman
06-12-2008, 00:23
Top ten states now will still be top ten states if everyone plays a little bit more balanced. Try netting with heavy infantry one round and see if being balanced is what really keeps you from neeting well.

Anyways, how are you going to decide who is balanced or not? Just hit whoever you feel like?

Rassputtin
06-12-2008, 02:00
do whatever you want. jsut leave me alone. i want to net peacefully. i didn'T sign up to this game to get killed because someone else is bored.

i feel that i'm netting properly and should be having less than 70% inf.
you'Re trying the make a rule out of exceptions here mate. i don't know why, nor do i care. my guess at this stage would be, because you can't competite with the top10% of the players.

if you can break a state twice as large as you, he probably doesn't have GB protection. i doubt any top50 state has that issue.

well i quite frankly am not aware of any state to which you can apply this. especialy seeig nthat noone except maybe for the #1 has 80 million inf.
all top10 states i am aware of are somewhat balanced.
i'm stil lthinking you'Re jsut lookign for some excuse for failing to become a good netter

Your not understanding. GB has nothing to do with it. I'm referring to WAR! If I'm not stockpiling like a suicider with the intention of hitting you, just meandering along with a balanced state, and my ships can break your ships, or my jets can break your AR defense, then your asking for it. If your helpless you deserve it.

That beign said I can net just fine. What place are you in? I've been jumping into the 5 and 6 spot at will, so far this set. I don't stay there because I can't LG anyone cause I'im not an infantry *****. So I sell more than I need to sell in order to drop further than I have too. They have balanced a little........ but isn't 73 million infantry and less than a million AA defense close enough to 80 million and none. Perhaps you should re-do your intels or stop talking out of your arse.

And don't make me say things like "jumping into the 5 and 6 spot" cause I HATE sounding like I'im braggin, because I am not the best in the game and have no room to boast about my netting skill. But at the same time I can net just fine and you questioning it makes me have to say it.

And when I say what place are you in, I'm not being a smart ***, you could be in second for all I know. But if your notin the top ten then perhaps you shouldnt question my ability.

I just don't play that way.And the way they play doesn't guarantee that they will win the set, look at last set as an example.

See now, Tnova has room to boast, or call others netting ability in to question........

what kll you didn't know they hand out trophies for almost being good these days

Im assuming thats a crack at me................When I'm finished reading through all the records you's have broken I'll think of something to respond with.

Top ten states now will still be top ten states if everyone plays a little bit more balanced. Try netting with heavy infantry one round and see if being balanced is what really keeps you from neeting well.

Anyways, how are you going to decide who is balanced or not? Just hit whoever you feel like?

I imagine its going to have to just be about picking either the first nation we see running infantry only, or the nation running the most states infantry only.

I think the elite netters should try to not run an infantry ***** state and see if they still gots the mad skills..............as far as I know only Tnova can claim to be good enough to run it with a balanced state in a world of infantry *****s. Otherwise if you all could net as well with a balanced state and be protected from suicide.........and be prepared for war....... you would do it. But you don't, because you can't.

Tnova
06-12-2008, 02:30
I see a lot of people throwing my name around with an elite netter tag attached. I appreciate an attempt at kind words, but I'm just a player, not a netter, not a warrior, a player. Not elite, not a veteran, just a regular guy who is really paranoid :)

Sure these guys can do it. I started in a time where you COULDN'T do that, and it just carried on through my early stage where every set was a war set for me. There was no peaceful set for me for about a year. I want to make people earn their attacks on me, i want them to look at my state and say a dirty word.

A lot of people strive for high net to challenge themselves and no one strives for this more then myself. There are more ways then one to get there. I don't understand what there is to argue about, it is in everyones interest to protect their state, why should another person have to talk you into doing it? You think only mean people will get hit? Being nice is no reason to feel like you are exempt from what a lot of other people experience.

I'm not interesting in being apart of this whole idea Rass has, but I've always been a proponent of balanced states.

Rassputtin
06-12-2008, 02:52
I see a lot of people throwing my name around with an elite netter tag attached. I appreciate an attempt at kind words, but I'm just a player, not a netter, not a warrior, a player. Not elite, not a veteran, just a regular guy who is really paranoid :)

Sure these guys can do it. I started in a time where you COULDN'T do that, and it just carried on through my early stage where every set was a war set for me. There was no peaceful set for me for about a year. I want to make people earn their attacks on me, i want them to look at my state and say a dirty word.

A lot of people strive for high net to challenge themselves and no one strives for this more then myself. There are more ways then one to get there. I don't understand what there is to argue about, it is in everyones interest to protect their state, why should another person have to talk you into doing it? You think only mean people will get hit? Being nice is no reason to feel like you are exempt from what a lot of other people experience.

I'm not interesting in being apart of this whole idea Rass has, but I've always been a proponent of balanced states.

Well Said. I can respect that......................... but i respect you more for not being an infantry slut and still coming out on top.

KLL
06-12-2008, 06:09
Your not understanding. GB has nothing to do with it. I'm referring to WAR! If I'm not stockpiling like a suicider with the intention of hitting you, just meandering along with a balanced state, and my ships can break your ships, or my jets can break your AR defense, then your asking for it. If your helpless you deserve it.well that kind of a nazi mentality isn't it?
the communsits are doing stuff other than we do, they don't deserve to live, lets go genocide on them. the've been asking for it.

That beign said I can net just fine. What place are you in? 16th also droping in and out of top10, with 150+ turns on hand. cashing them all would get me into 3rd place.
and mind you, this is my first set back after 2 years, missing the first 50-100 turns, starting with plenty of red turns and prolonged absences (3+ days) since the set started

I don't stay there because I can't LG anyone cause I'im not an infantry *****. So I sell more than I need to sell in order to drop further than I have too. They have balanced a little........ but isn't 73 million infantry and less than a million AA defense close enough to 80 million and none. Perhaps you should re-do your intels or stop talking out of your arse. i haven't had a problem breakign anyone yet, eventho i run a state that at least Will accepts as a balanced one and that has been considere d as balanced in WoW. so if you can't break anyone in top10, maybe you're a bit unbalanced, if my balanced state has been able to break larger states in top20.
also, i don't do intels, nor do i need to as most of top10 are in my nations.

But if your notin the top ten then perhaps you shouldnt question my ability.
i can consider myself qualified then, eventho i don't see myself as the netting elite, but just a somewhat sucessfull vet.

06-12-2008, 11:42
HAIL RASSPUTTIN HAIL RASSPUTTIN HAIL RASSPUTTIN
:hammer::injured::chair::dblthumbup::spam:

huntington91
06-13-2008, 00:54

well i think i am in love with your idea lol nothing wrong with not being in top 25 when you can have fun :)