PDA

View Full Version : Is there a god?

Mr President
09-07-2007, 16:32
your thoughts?

ranger2112
09-07-2007, 16:41
there is something that unifies us...something greater than us...yeah...an ecclesiastical entity...not too sure about that.

Crimson Shadow
09-07-2007, 16:59
Seeing as how I am a Christian, I would have to say that there is a God.

Mwahahahaha
09-07-2007, 19:09
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't seen any evidence towards it, nor to the contrary.

If there is a god, what is he (or she) like, what does he approve of, and what does he (or she or it) disapprove of. What does he do if likes your actions, what does he do if he don't?

Personally, I like the idea of Karma. I try to be nice, and life has been good to me.

Acetriad
09-09-2007, 00:00
I've had too many blessings in my life and seen too many things to not beleive in God. I've also gotten what I prayed for a time or two and realized why it took so much pursuadeing to get it... wasn't exactly what I had thought that I wanted.
I am technically a Christian. Not that alot of "real" Christians would think that I am. I accept evolution (Religion=why. Science=how), I think that the Bible is as perfect a book as we have, but you can't hand copy something several hundred times and still have the same thing you started with (Bible=Old. Printing Press and Copyright=New). Besides, even if I give you that the bible started out perfect, and remain perfect throughout every translation (had an interesting conversation with a devout Baptist who insisted that god did indeed take direct control of every person's hand who has ever translated the bible so they wouldn't mess it up... never argued religion with her again...)
I also belive that there are other spirits or gods out there other than the Christian god. Why else would He be so against us worshiping them? If they don't exist, why bother mentioning them?

I know I went a bit above and beyond the original topic, but Mr. P was trying to start a debate here, or at least get some posts rolling, So I'm going a little bit off topic in-order to get the ball rolling.

Dogma
09-09-2007, 06:20
There is something greater than us, is it God? That, cannot answer, does something exist? yes i think so.

Will I burn in hell for my beliefs? Probably. hey That is how I see it.

Hoebawt
09-09-2007, 15:23
there has to be somethign otu there is it god IDK and wont know till i die and he sends me to the other guy :)

Missionary
09-09-2007, 16:49
i see you havent read the bible hoebawt lol (not that ive read it). you go with the church's version of the "afterlife"

Hoebawt
09-09-2007, 17:24
Vinny we both know i cant read :)

Hamlet
09-09-2007, 18:11
Maybe he/she/it exist, maybe not. Agnosticism is probably the best reflection of my view - i.e. it's impossible to answer the question. However, I remember a similar thread from the WoW forum, where Jason gave a coherent defense for Gods existens. I'll just doubt until the day I die, since it's a too sophisticated a subject for my brain to handle.

Crimson Shadow
09-09-2007, 19:58
I would rather spend my whole life believing in something that wasn't really there, than spend my whole life not believing and finding out that He really was real.

Missionary
09-10-2007, 09:03
Vinny we both know i cant read :)

sory, didnt mean to bring that up in public.

if your unsure if there is a god or not dont worry. all you need to do is repent on your death bed and all shall be forgiven :)

Spetznaz_GRU
09-10-2007, 15:48
Obviously not if he made Ooga, Anton and Hoebawt.

pron
09-10-2007, 17:26
if your unsure if there is a god or not dont worry. all you need to do is repent on your death bed and all shall be forgiven :)

Depends on who you talk to. And what definition you have of "repent".