PDA

View Full Version : Just a curious question...

Saunders241
06-19-2008, 23:20
It doesn't have anything to do with anything, except my casual curiousity....what does Pohjakiht translate to in english (if it even translates right properly)?

huntington91
06-19-2008, 23:37
thats is a good question lol but this should go in general discussion bud

Saunders241
06-19-2008, 23:52
my bad, figured since it was about a nation in-game it would be ok here, if a mod can move it go for it

Norrisville
06-20-2008, 00:06
Translations of Pohjakiht from Estonian:

No words relevant to your query found, please try again!

dun dun dunnn

huntington91
06-20-2008, 00:20
my bad, figured since it was about a nation in-game it would be ok here, if a mod can move it go for it

yea idk it might be fine

Translations of Pohjakiht from Estonian:

No words relevant to your query found, please try again!

dun dun dunnn

haha i like the dun dun dunnn thing. is it estonian though?

Saunders241
06-20-2008, 01:11
and the plot thickens.....hrm.....

seriously, i tried a google search and only brought up stuff related to this game and domination....skycat, input please?

Norrisville
06-20-2008, 01:48
yea idk it might be fine

haha i like the dun dun dunnn thing. is it estonian though?

yeah. i went to an estonian-english translator.

The other nation Esti Kroon means 'estonian crown'

when i typed in 'Kiht' i got 'bed.' idk though cause 'pohjakiht' and 'pohja' both came up empty

Norrisville
06-20-2008, 01:55
after some more digging, "pohja" is found in a million different phrases/words..most describing a location, like "Americas' is 'pohja blah blah blah' so it makes sense i guess. 'kiht' means bed, layer, coating, seam... so idk what to make of it lol. assistance from any estonian would be appreciated lol

Margus
06-20-2008, 02:36
It's actully põhja, which means north. Kiht means a layer.. but those 2 words together have few different meanings. I'll ask SkyCat later what he meant with it, never really thought about the name lol. Skycat has used that nation name for a long time now.. I guess he just got stuck to it.
Eesti Kroon is actully the currency we use in Estonia, which indicates EEK being cashers I guess.

Norrisville
06-21-2008, 00:18
you learn something new every day. im still curious as to what pohjakiht means though. and yes, i knew there was a tilde or somethin over the o but dont know how to write it. i shouldve known it meant north because i got listed 'north america' and the arctic ocean... i doubt their nation means 'north layer' though lol

Divine Intervention
06-21-2008, 09:10
maybe something like Northern Lights like the book?

swede7
06-21-2008, 11:58
huh weird I was just looking this up the other day out of curiosity and I could not figure it out.

huntington91
06-21-2008, 16:03
maybe it is just a random word they came up with?

Eku
06-25-2008, 16:43
Well Estonian English dictionary says :

dregs of society ühiskonna põhjakiht

lowlife põhjakiht, põhjakäinud inimene, pätt

KelpKris
06-25-2008, 18:24
maybe it is just a random word they came up with?
I don't think so...
This phrase dregs of society- ühiskonna(society) põhjakiht illustrates my understanding of this word.

SkyCat
06-25-2008, 18:48
this name is some 4 years old, i made nation with this name in old-endless in domination (estonian version) as my one man tag

pohjakiht: dregs of society

but time more an KIHT was finaly most biggest, strongest and powerful nation in old-nation - the real dominate'r in this world ;) who control everything using own and his allays massive military power (400-500 states, 6-7 strong nations)

old-endless was world where set was some 2 years long, and was some 2000-5000 players totally
admin ends this finally due KIHT and his allys was taking everthing and was killing for some 2/3 of all players

Missionary
06-25-2008, 19:40
I don't think so...
This phrase dregs of society- ühiskonna(society) põhjakiht illustrates my understanding of this word.

so it just means dregs then? lol

huntington91
06-25-2008, 20:18
I don't think so...

ok question, what is dregs? lol

KelpKris
06-25-2008, 21:00
We're bad *** mother****ers and kick your ***. :wimp:
That's what it means.:P

huntington91
06-25-2008, 21:04
We're bad *** mother****ers and kick your ***. :wimp:
That's what it means.:P

lol your joking right?

Mike Hunt
06-26-2008, 18:11
does it honestly matter? if it does google it or make another stupid thread in general discussions they don't have enough as it is

pcgluva
06-27-2008, 16:14
spam cleaned up please stay on topic

Saunders241
06-27-2008, 20:41
does it honestly matter? if it does google it or make another stupid thread in general discussions they don't have enough as it is

Does it really matter? In the grand scheme of things, no it doesn't. But, sometimes it's pretty interesting (at least to me) to actually know where someone's name or nation tag comes from. Evidently other people do too, otherwise there wouldn't be 2 full pages of posts discussing this, so if its something that doesn't interest you or that you find to be "another stupid thread" then simply put, don't look at it. There's more than enough other threads for you to entertain yourself with.

huntington91
06-28-2008, 01:38
Does it really matter? In the grand scheme of things, no it doesn't. But, sometimes it's pretty interesting (at least to me) to actually know where someone's name or nation tag comes from. Evidently other people do too, otherwise there wouldn't be 2 full pages of posts discussing this, so if its something that doesn't interest you or that you find to be "another stupid thread" then simply put, don't look at it. There's more than enough other threads for you to entertain yourself with.

dude don't worry about him he doesn't know what he is talking about at all he is bashing on everything