PDA

View Full Version : Books!!!

Acetriad
09-09-2007, 00:08
Do you read? What have you read lately?
Recently I'm re-reading what books I have from the "In the Ashes" series. The earlier the book the better in that. The first 10 are great. After that the quality varries a bit. There are aparently 34 or 35 of them.. I have yet to find them all.
I'm waiting with much impatience for Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series' next book.
I'm thinking about (re-) and reading more books of Frank Hurberts "Dune" series.
I'd like to track down Venus, which is, I belive, The third book in the "Mars" and "Return to Mars" series. Don't remember the author at the moment?
I also watch for anything by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman.

Mahdi
09-09-2007, 00:18
Dune i just finished House Atreides for the first time and now i am reading House Harkkonen again and gonna start on House Corrino in a few days at most only 150 pages left... then its out to get the books by Frank Herbert which is what im ordering when i get my next paycheck

Crimson Shadow
09-09-2007, 08:43
Who just reads lmao.

Only books I really enjoyed was the Crimson Shadow series (shocker lol) by R.A. Salvatore

Missionary
09-09-2007, 16:48
what are these things you call books? never really got the fasination with reading.

Hamlet
09-09-2007, 18:37
I was born at a time when cable TV, personal computers and mobile phones were only to be found in sci-fi novels. If I should recommend one book, and one book only, then it would have to be 'Crime and Punishment' by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Imo, the best book ever written.

An alternative - "for the more sophisticated reader" - would be Johan Wolfgang von Goethe's 'Faust'. The story about how Faust sells his soul to the devil is excellent. However, it's written in verses which might annoy most 'modern' peps.

Acetriad
09-09-2007, 23:17
Ever read any of the stuff that Salvatore did about Dritds Do' Urden (I totaly butchered the spelling) the dark-elf?

Warl0rd
09-10-2007, 05:54
you guys still read paper books? :o

Thats so 20th century...

Crimson Shadow
09-10-2007, 07:26
Ever read any of the stuff that Salvatore did about Drizzt Do' Urden (I totaly butchered the spelling) the dark-elf?

yeah, its too long of a series though and the books get kinda boring toward the middle.

PS - I fixed your spelling in the quote ;)

Missionary
09-10-2007, 09:06
you guys still read paper books? :o

Thats so 20th century...

in the 21st century we dont need to read books, they make all the decent ones into movies.

anyone ever read the disc world novels from terry pratchet?

Warl0rd
09-10-2007, 09:25
yeah either movies, tv series or games, just pick one :)