PDA

View Full Version : AA then grab is this ok?

Vivid
06-22-2008, 12:55
Is it ok to AA somebody with a higher networth then take land?

I mean what good are ships if we can't use them?

swede7
06-22-2008, 13:32
It works as a strategy but you and your nation would probably get killed by the nation you do it to because they won't like it.

k959
06-22-2008, 13:58
ya aa + sa = bad things

huntington91
06-22-2008, 15:57

if you do it, make sure it is a state with no nation lol
ships=networth

Vivid
06-22-2008, 23:18
The game would be better if we could use AA to help with land grabs.

I'm not talking about AA to 0 but just a couple, few times, in order to secure a land grab.

Rassputtin
06-23-2008, 04:35
The game would be better if we could use AA to help with land grabs.

I'm not talking about AA to 0 but just a couple, few times, in order to secure a land grab.

You can do it. It's not against any game rules. The problem is the consequences. You have to consider the result of using a war attack, in this case an AA that will kill millions of units, to lower readiness enough so that you can attack again kill more units and steal land.

Obviously its a fine thing to do if you're prepared to accept the retaliation.

Xavior
06-23-2008, 04:38
Hey Rass, remember our AAs on [RO] when we played in Valhala with GK? :P

Grendel Khan
07-02-2008, 06:42
AAs just get bad press.

::LD::GrimReapr
07-02-2008, 20:10
Its one of those gentleman rules that gets enforced by the gentlemen at the top. :confused:

jameswheel
07-03-2008, 02:41

Same Vivid as played before? Sounds like a similiar attitude.

Rassputtin
07-03-2008, 11:21
Hey Rass, remember our AAs on [RO] when we played in Valhala with GK? :P

Indeed I do. Val handed out a lot of AA"s for alot of things. I think for future nations we should resort back to the AA retal policy.

AAs just get bad press.

I'm putting together a new PR team. :)

Cemetary
07-03-2008, 17:50
Its one of those gentleman rules that gets enforced by the gentlemen at the top. :confused:

even the smaller states usually like this rule, i mean, you are seriously hindering peoples nw when you aa (if they have a good amount of tanks/infantry).. hell even if they dont u r still seriously hurting them... plus, its not that great for your state or your NA if you are constantly hitting people at same net or higher net than you.. sometimes it can hurt your state more than help it when u hit that high

e.g. two sets ago when dogma made a 10k lg off of me day before last day of set, sure, he got 10k land, but he lost a **** ton of troops since he barely had the units to break which destroyed his top 10 spot chance.

plus, the main reason why people hold on to ships isnt to aa, its to bulk up their total nw. but since you have the choice whether or not to do this policy, you can always hope to change it, but considering this idea would probably have substantially less than 20 percent of the NW poulation following it, i think the overwhelming majority would keep things the way they like it. sucks if our are one of the 20 percent, but majority rules in almost all aspects of life, normally.

plus, my belief on this subject would be if people considered AA and LGing alirght, it would cause massive constant revenge hits and it could end up ruining netting in this game overall. and before anyone decides to b!tch about "its called nation WARS" this game has always revolved around a 50/50 split of netting and warring. title doesn't always dictate behavior