PDA

View Full Version : A little odd KIHT?

jeff_capes
06-23-2008, 10:23
Antioch(#)[HORDE] MarioP(#)[KIHT] 554 Land, 1 Science, $528.061.040, 26.849 Food 01:10:17-2008/06/23
SA Alchemy(#)[KIHT] MarioP(#) 121 Land, 1 Science, $4.975.814, 27.120 Food 10:12:34-2008/06/22
SA Alchemy(#)[KIHT] MarioP(#) 174 Land, 1 Science, $5.129.705, 27.394 Food 10:12:21-2008/06/22
SA Rhino(#)[LoR] MarioP(#)[KIHT] 1.422 Land, 1 Science, $5.288.356, 27.670 Food 10:08:42-2008/06/22

That was a little strange?? Drop tag then got hit, then joined again, lol
Didn't get the land expected though, :P

Not sure if this is the right section for this either.

Dogma
06-23-2008, 10:35
That is a classic example of land farming

Divine Intervention
06-23-2008, 11:45
That is a classic example of land farming

i thought this is a case of Margus giving the other guy GB protection...

jeff_capes
06-23-2008, 12:03
Looks like they seen the 1.422 lost on the last attack and thought if i'm going to lose land might as well be to a friend. lol If you look he dropped tag only 2 or 3 minutes after that big grab.
But didn't work out that way as he SA'd him twice and got less than 400 land. :) but if it can be done why not?

Dogma
06-23-2008, 12:18
i thought this is a case of Margus giving the other guy GB protection...

Another benefit of landfarming

Raul
06-23-2008, 12:43
we should implement the use of amphibious assaults as part of a normal strike to gain land, states should start defending all areas since the beggining of the game, it will make the game much funnier, i dont know why the hell we cant AA as preparation for a normal SA >_>, its so weak

Xavior
06-23-2008, 18:12
I remember before when this type of playing would cause the states in question to be deleted.

We've come a long way....

Dogma
06-23-2008, 19:39
I remember before when this type of playing would cause the states in question to be deleted.

We've come a long way....

Must say I remember those days, but, I think if they did it now they would get a similar ending to their set.

Just wouldn't be Mr P doing the deleting.

::LD::GrimReapr
06-25-2008, 20:34
I think all forms of attack should be able to be used for land grabbing which ever will help you get the most bang for your buck.

Rassputtin
06-25-2008, 20:36
All attacks can be used. You just have to live with the consequences.

Calvin74
06-25-2008, 21:04
I think all forms of attack should be able to be used for land grabbing which ever will help you get the most bang for your buck.

grim this was the case in the old nw before we got this code and all it did was ruin the game for anyone with a decent strat
there is no way to protect on all fronts (notice how even the best player can't stop a halfway decent suicider) so what is the point of even trying to play good if you can't ever jump above a mediocre player?

SmarT
06-25-2008, 21:14
well if people knew they could be hit anyway, they wouldnt just net. they would actualy have to fight more.

Calvin74
06-25-2008, 21:17
what about people that don't want to fight?
why should there only be 1 aspect to this game?

SmarT
06-25-2008, 22:54
we are playing an online war based game are we not? looks at what we do, we get ships, jets, inf and other ****.... now you tell me what an agm is for other then war? how about a jet fighter or bomber? the only "rule" i agree with is the double tap rule.. since u dont get good land anyways on a 3 tap unless they have super more times land then you.

Calvin74
06-25-2008, 23:06
why do we always have to go through this

did margus get to the top through war or through superior netting skills?
this is a netting game with a warring aspect
just like earth2025 (which this game is based on)

Xavior
06-25-2008, 23:09
Which catagory would using land farms fall into?

:)

SmarT
06-25-2008, 23:30
never played earth 2025 or what ever it is? netting game? is it called Netting Wars? it was World of War... and if u think about the name world of war... what do u picture? a bunch of peace loving hippies smokin dope or some roided up rambos killin each other?

SmarT
06-25-2008, 23:31
and being ranked one in nw doesnt make u the best

KLL
06-26-2008, 06:01
Not the name of the game but the intiontion of the game maker is imporant. And I am quite sure that Svenne made it that the rankings were according to NW more than any other criteria because he thought the main aim was Netting, as the state mit the most Networth wins. He has also ofte nenuogh said the game was modeled after Earth

KelpKris
06-26-2008, 08:00
and being ranked one in nw doesnt make u the best
Maybe it doesn't, but it's much harder to get to the top than to just kill someone. And I believe most of the top players are as good in warring as they are in netting.

06-26-2008, 13:46
Calvin im not talking about suicide im talking about war there is a difference.
I can pretty much assure you i will be using just about all form of attacks next round.They are there for me to use so guess what i plan on using them.
Atleast to see how they work.

Mr President
06-26-2008, 14:03
hmm you might want to try these attacks out on the vendetta server.. You might live longer there after doing them lol..

This game has many aspects. It's not just a war game. it's whatever you want it to be.

The main goal is to be #1. rather it be your state or your nation. there are many ways to get to #1. You can net, you can war, you can sweet talk your way to the top without having to war, it's all up to you on how you want.

Play the game the way you want to play it. it's that simple.

06-26-2008, 14:22
Play the game the way you want to play it. it's that simple.

Well spoken thank you Mr.P

Calvin74
06-26-2008, 15:25
Well spoken thank you Mr.P

i do think you missed the top part of what he said:P

no one has ever stopped you from using the attacks
as you said they are there for you to use
however if you use them don't complain when you get killed

i honestly see no reason to use them outside of war as you gain NOTHING from them
i prefer to use my turns making my state productive
you use yours how you want:P

Dogma
06-29-2008, 03:27
why do we always have to go through this

did margus get to the top through war or through superior netting skills?
this is a netting game with a warring aspect
just like earth2025 (which this game is based on)

Neither, he got there because he couldn't do it alone as a real netter does, with just the help of his nation, he had to have land farms and other ppl sacrifice their states for him to get there.

Plain and simple, if he played fair and square and depended solely on his skills I know if 3 or 4 players in this game that could beat him. His being there doesn't impress me in the least as he didn't do it, they did it.

Margus
06-29-2008, 13:46
Are you saying I'm not a real netter? What about my last sets in wow?
I've netted only twice in wow.. first time I got TOP 1 but it wasn't easy, but I made it. After 4-5 days I got grabbed and then AA-d by a state which had 4k land after his jump.. later they said it was a viet who used hacks or something. Second time I got top1 I got warred by Royals nation. It was a hard set but I still did good and didn't get any outside help whatsoever. Only some states helped me kill those royals guys. I got 655m NW that set.
Yes I got help at start.. SkyCat did intels for me when I didn't have any spies yet and found a good grab, and other friend in KIHT bought my bombers which I sold at max price when other indy states were suffering in lack of money when their inf was stuck on PM at price 250. That gave me a small advantage.. you can call it feeding.. I don't care. I just have good friends... THOSE STATES WHO I GRABBED WEREN'T MY LANDFARMS.
And dogma.. next set I'll probably take a break of NW but the set after that I might net again.. Then I'd like to net against your 4-5 netters who can beat me easily. I'll send you a PM on forums then so you can keep an eye on my state, so I can prove you I'm not using any landfarms. I'm not saying Im better than others at netting or that I'm the best.. You just told me that I can't net and that offended me a bit : )