PDA

View Full Version : Farmer Start-up

Crimson Shadow
07-04-2008, 13:07
Could a couple farmers post their 300 or 500 turn start up. (or PM them to me)

I'm rewriting the game manual and there is a start up guide for all strats except farmer.

mysterydave
07-04-2008, 17:01
I'll post here before anyone else asks me. I am actually not the person to talk to on this one. I very rarely used pure farmer start. Some old [FW]ers did, maybe they can PM you. There were plenty of others too. El-Dukay might be a good one if anyone can get hold of him.

There used to be a seperate website full of people's start-up guides, where you could also download Legend's landgrab calc and a whole host of other stuff. Whatever happened to that? Is it still up, does anyone have the link?

It had the old [FW] techer-farmer start up I created that somehow Xavoir took credit for submitting.

Crimson Shadow
07-04-2008, 17:37
It doesn't have to be a "pure" setup. I just want to know what each person does for their set up and make the sample from those.
Doesn't have to be perfect, just enough so I could give an example.

Also it would be helpful if it could be posted like this, but if you can't thats fine.

1. Build 10 Construction sites
2. Build 50 Farm zones
3. Build 40 Construction sites
etc

ooga booga
07-04-2008, 21:04
Talk to Calvin or other farmers, such as the TNG/FW boys. I can't picture a farmer start up being difficult. What is there to discuss? You build some CS, you expand, you build some farms, expand, maybe some more CS, some more farms, bada-bing bada-boom wala you're done. :P

Xavior
07-05-2008, 01:49
I'll post here before anyone else asks me. I am actually not the person to talk to on this one. I very rarely used pure farmer start. Some old [FW]ers did, maybe they can PM you. There were plenty of others too. El-Dukay might be a good one if anyone can get hold of him.

There used to be a seperate website full of people's start-up guides, where you could also download Legend's landgrab calc and a whole host of other stuff. Whatever happened to that? Is it still up, does anyone have the link?

It had the old [FW] techer-farmer start up I created that somehow Xavoir took credit for submitting.

Yeah, the startup was on The Legend's website (forget the link). And apparently i was the author :huh:

Mrmcjoey15
07-05-2008, 04:43
The farmer start up.

Begin.

Setp 1: log on
Step 2: click on build.
Step 3: build 10 cs and the rest farming zones
Step 4: expand 1 turn
Step 5: build 10 more Cs the rest farming zones
Step 6: Repeat step 4-5 till you reach disired building per turn (around 40ish)
Step 7: expand 1 turn
Step 8: build all farming.
Step 9: Repeat steps 7-9 till 198 turns used
Step 10: put FOod on market

congratz you have officaly done the NoseJam Farming start up

psh u guys are nubs at this:rolleyes:

Crimson Shadow
07-05-2008, 08:41
psh u guys are nubs at this:rolleyes:

Your talking to someone who has never played farmer :P

Mrmcjoey15
07-05-2008, 13:51
Your talking to someone who has never played farmer :P

lmao i was kiddin is that good enough for you tho?

Crimson Shadow
07-05-2008, 14:22
It would have been nice to have the first 100 turns or so out of protection, but I can work with it. :)

Divine Intervention
07-05-2008, 14:50
Set state tax to 50%
build 59 CS.
Expand and build FZ until you have 1000 Farm zones
Build CS until you've used 198 turns

DaK farmer start up :)

Mrmcjoey15
07-05-2008, 22:09
Set state tax to 50%
build 59 CS.
Expand and build FZ until you have 1000 Farm zones
Build CS until you've used 198 turns

DaK farmer start up :)

dont use that one better to yous nosejams you get more food out of it cause each time you build cs your food production goes up if u build cs right away low food production =low food

Divine Intervention
07-05-2008, 22:13
ok ill go inform Gnorf that he should work on the strat he posted on DaK forums.

northbabylon
07-05-2008, 23:55
yeah, joey..gnorf rapes nosejam in netting anyday

Mrmcjoey15
07-06-2008, 00:34
yeah, joey..gnorf rapes nosejam in netting anyday

ok but i gave the reason why james start up is better....... so even if he does james's start up makes 10x more sense but hey what do i care how u guys start

nosejam
07-09-2008, 18:22
The first thing I want you to do is build 45 construction sites (You’ll have to build them 5 at a time as you won’t have enough money for all 45 in one go) and then build two turn's worth of farming zones (should be 40) then with the remaining free land build construction sites.

Then expand 1 turn and build a turn's worth of farming zones and with any spare land build construction sites.

Repeat this last process (you might have to expand more than one turn so do that) until you can build 30 buildings per turn (bpt) once you are that point just expand and build like that til you have used up 198 turns. You can see how many turns you have used on "Your Overview".

At this point go to the public market and then this bit is your decision but I would suggest putting all your food on the market for $100 (the max). This means it will take a long time to sell but will get you the most money, this early in the set it might be wise to sell for a lower price, but after your food has been on the market for a certain amount of time it will start to decrease in price anyway so its swings and roundabouts

After you've sold your food its pretty much up to you what you do, but I would suggest not using more than 199 turns as you will come out of protection, you can do that and then talk to me before going out of protection.

This is just what I've been telling my recent noobs who managed to finish 16th last set, seemed to work out ok for them :p. As for the next 100 or so turns, do what you want, justmake sure you have like 1k tanks after you've finished taking your first set of turns oop.

edit: After I wrote this (beginning of NW) I since decided that 30 bpt is too low, but told the individual player to do what they want as far as bpt goes.

Mahdi
07-09-2008, 19:21
my personal start up for farmer:

1. build 55 CS
2. build 45 FZ
3. Expand 3
4. Build 10 CS
5. Build remaining as FZ
6. Repeat from step 3 until at 198 turns
7. at 198 turns put 100% of food on market for $80

Calvin74
07-09-2008, 19:43
the one joey posted is probably the best on here so far
but you can sub out the farm start up for the indy start up james wrote and it will turn out the same

or if you are a stocker it doesn't really matter:P

Calvin74
07-09-2008, 22:29
by that point you are commited to being a 100% stocker and it is very hard to pull off a strat change w/o screwing it up.....

mysterydave
07-10-2008, 06:10
Nosejam's is good.

Use DI/Gnorf's for the manual as it is simpler.

First time playing you don't want a complicated start up, you need something simple and hard to mess up.

Crimson Shadow
07-24-2008, 14:40
Here is what I made using pieces from everyones. I tried to make it very simple so if new players want to master farming then they will need to experiment. :)

This will guide you through your first 400 turns or so for a farmer strategy.

1. Build 10 Construction sites.
2. Build Farm Zones with the remaining land.
3. Expand and repeat step 1-2 until you obtain the desired BPT.
4. Continue expanding and building Farm Zones until turn 198.
5. Place your food on the market.
6. Save turns until you have at least 100 and your food has sold.
7. Purchase some tanks and leave protection. Grab and build Farm Zones until you are out of turns.
8. Place your food on the market.
9. When your food has sold upgrade infantry as high as you can.
10. Once infantry is at level 8, purchase some and you can upgrade other units or continue grabbing and building.

Bram Gotink
07-24-2008, 14:55
|| that's something you could put in the wiki ||

never played farmer before, it seems easy enough tho, after reading this

Crimson Shadow
07-24-2008, 14:57
Yeah I haven't either...thats why I'm asking if it sounds good :)

nosejam
07-24-2008, 16:40
Save turns until you have at least 100 and your food has sold

Big flaw in that start-up.

Crimson Shadow
07-24-2008, 21:28
Well tell me whats wrong with it so I can fix it instead of just saying big flaw :P

Never played farmer before so I just used bits and pieces from other peoples startup. And noone gave me a guide past turn 199 so I had nothing to go with besides other formats.

nosejam
07-25-2008, 04:18
Lol, well if you wait for your food to sell you won't leave protection for ages :p. I usually bm some food just to afford some tanks.

mysterydave
07-25-2008, 12:40
by that point you are commited to being a 100% stocker and it is very hard to pull off a strat change w/o screwing it up..... If the markets are favourable you could be playing up top as a techer and possibly even already pulled away, in which case you can probably switch to farmer without anyone catching you. If the markets are bad then they will make the choice for you.

Lol, well if you wait for your food to sell you won't leave protection for ages :p. I usually bm some food just to afford some tanks.Better to undercut the market than to BM your food, and it has the added bonus of really annoying some members of the other farmer nations around. :laugh:

nosejam
07-25-2008, 13:15
Yeah but then everyone undercuts and if you're late to use your turns there's alreay 3+ days worth of food on the pm at 70

Divine Intervention
08-01-2008, 21:18
The first thing I want you to do is build 45 construction sites (You’ll have to build them 5 at a time as you won’t have enough money for all 45 in one go) and then build two turn's worth of farming zones (should be 40) then with the remaining free land build construction sites.

Then expand 1 turn and build a turn's worth of farming zones and with any spare land build construction sites.

Repeat this last process (you might have to expand more than one turn so do that) until you can build 30 buildings per turn (bpt) once you are that point just expand and build like that til you have used up 198 turns. You can see how many turns you have used on "Your Overview".

At this point go to the public market and then this bit is your decision but I would suggest putting all your food on the market for $100 (the max). This means it will take a long time to sell but will get you the most money, this early in the set it might be wise to sell for a lower price, but after your food has been on the market for a certain amount of time it will start to decrease in price anyway so its swings and roundabouts

After you've sold your food its pretty much up to you what you do, but I would suggest not using more than 199 turns as you will come out of protection, you can do that and then talk to me before going out of protection.

This is just what I've been telling my recent noobs who managed to finish 16th last set, seemed to work out ok for them :p. As for the next 100 or so turns, do what you want, justmake sure you have like 1k tanks after you've finished taking your first set of turns oop.

edit: After I wrote this (beginning of NW) I since decided that 30 bpt is too low, but told the individual player to do what they want as far as bpt goes.

ive just tested out 2 farmer strats.

the one i posted was done by pkitty.
she used 196 turns and ended up with a 45bpt and 2.3million food sold with a 1.1k land state.

i decided to be the guiny pig and try out the strategy suggested by nosejam.
i went for a 40bpt aim and ended up with:
a 1.7k land state (40bpt) and 1 million food sold.

so not only did nosejams strat put me 17 turns in terms of CS building behind the one i suggested, it also put me 1.3mill food behind the strategy i suggested. Now whilst i might have ~ 22 turns worth of expanding land more than her (producing 10k food more) it wont really matter since it probably means ill just lose more land when i leave protection.

comments nosejam? i did exactly what you wrote and atm i think the state which used my strategy has the advanatage :).
(unless theres some hidden advantage that i am not seeing atm in which case please tell me :P)

nosejam
08-03-2008, 14:50
You want me to tell you that Gnorf is a better player than I am? Ok Gnorf is/was a better than me...

I just posted what I use, I didn't say it was the best lol, I've never looked into how well it actually works or what would work better, never had the time or motivation. I must make up for my bad start with good mid-set play xd, cos I'm awful at jumping effectively :)