PDA

View Full Version : HORDE and TNG Crack down

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 14:27
The leaders of TNG and HORDE are going to be cracking down on members of any nation that are selling there food at ridiculously low and very unnecessary prices will be sent a message to explain the reason for selling the food at such low prices and if they do not respond they will be killed if they respond with a reason that isnt good enough we will message them back to explain why there reasoning isnt the way to farm this is strictly to help benifit our nations members and even the members of the undercutting nations if they agree to start farming correctly so they can get the most possible Net Worth out of there set

Signed,
Joey [TNG]

swede7
07-07-2008, 14:31
I have discussed this with joey and I am in agreement that these actions must be taken.

Signed,
Swede7
Leader of The Horde

Cemetary
07-07-2008, 15:26
lol farming correctly.. they way it benefits you guys u mean?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 15:28
lol farming correctly.. they way it benefits you guys u mean?

if you farmed the way were tell you to farm you'll be benifiting your self by getting the highest net worth you can. u farm by selling low your hurting your self

MarineRecon
07-07-2008, 15:32
or just sellin cheaper food so their stuff sells and have money just in case a war happens that they need money for and dont get raped without any...sum pepl play differently as farmers its a matter of if they wanna stock a real lot and jump later or if they wanna get a quick sell and jump earlier

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 15:34
or just sellin cheaper food so their stuff sells and have money just in case a war happens that they need money for and dont get raped without any...sum pepl play differently as farmers its a matter of if they wanna stock a real lot and jump later or if they wanna get a quick sell and jump earlier

first if your going to war why would you be a farmer one of the worst farming starts and if you sell food low so you have money on you then you again wont be getting the best out of the farming start.

MarineRecon
07-07-2008, 15:43
sum pepl dont like the other strats and u can def war with farming if needed its been done b4...and if u sell high and others sell low then ure stuff wont sell so u wont be able to war soon enough...that happened to me the other set i couldnt do anything at all cuz it wouldnt sell

KLL
07-07-2008, 15:44
first if your going to war why would you be a farmer one of the worst farming starts

well that doesn't sound right?

swede7
07-07-2008, 15:50
If everyone sold higher in the beginning it would be better no matter what strategy you were following. instead of undercutting from 80 to 70 you could actually be making some good money at 100 or 90. I know its a perfect world scenario but still, it is much more desireable.

Missionary
07-07-2008, 16:09
if you farmed the way were tell you to farm you'll be benifiting your self by getting the highest net worth you can. u farm by selling low your hurting your self

no offence joey but:
Q - how many members did TNG have last set in the top10 from farming?
A - ZERO

Q - how many memebers in the top 20?
A - TWO

Q - how many members over 50mill net?
A - FOUR

Q - how many members did you have last set?
A - TWELVE

going by these numbers you believe you have the right to dictate a certain style of game play over anyone do you?

Missionary
07-07-2008, 16:12
If everyone sold higher in the beginning it would be better no matter what strategy you were following. instead of undercutting from 80 to 70 you could actually be making some good money at 100 or 90. I know its a perfect world scenario but still, it is much more desireable.

i guess HORDE and TNG seriously blow at farmer stocking right?

Will
07-07-2008, 16:15
no offence joey but:
A - ZERO

A - TWO

A - FOUR

A - TWELVE

going by these numbers you believe you have the right to dictate a certain style of game play over anyone do you?

As long as they can enforce it, they can dictate it.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 16:35
no offence joey but:
A - ZERO

A - TWO

A - FOUR

A - TWELVE

thnx for getting me these numbers i can use them to my advantage because vinnie the food prices never got into the 90s last set so thats whats going to happen to you if you dont sell atleast in the 90's thats the reason TNG did so bad last set and wills right.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 16:37

no we just want to ensure that the food prices reach 100 or 90's unlike last set where nosejam had 300mil food left on the market so dont start thinking you know what your talking about b4 you get the whole story

Xavior
07-07-2008, 16:45
Uh, quick question.

How will you be able to tell if a state is undercutting or not? And if he is, you are going to kill him?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 16:52
i imagine they are going to use that market sales spy op...either way i dont understand why this is in the public forums :confused: its an internal matter. Or is it supposed to be some indication of your streght or something? are we supposed to be impressed?

Xavior
07-07-2008, 16:53
lmao, they are going to op every single farmer in the game every day to see if they are undercutting? ...

Missionary
07-07-2008, 16:58
no we just want to ensure that the food prices reach 100 or 90's unlike last set where nosejam had 300mil food left on the market so dont start thinking you know what your talking about b4 you get the whole story

1) no i dont have a clue what happened last set with the food at all, not a clue. oh wait i was farmer.....and i came 17th (**** net really) after selling all of my food at around $95 on the last few days.

2) the reason the food prices were so low was because of YOUR FREAKING MEMBERS. out of all the people i spy oped last set looking for undercutters i found about 2 that wernt in TNG.

so maybe teach your member before trying to teach other member, ok!

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 17:04
Uh, quick question.

How will you be able to tell if a state is undercutting or not? And if he is, you are going to kill him?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

its called market spy =D

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 17:06
1) no i dont have a clue what happened last set with the food at all, not a clue. oh wait i was farmer.....and i came 17th (**** net really) after selling all of my food at around $95 on the last few days.

2) the reason the food prices were so low was because of YOUR FREAKING MEMBERS. out of all the people i spy oped last set looking for undercutters i found about 2 that wernt in TNG.

so maybe teach your member before trying to teach other member, ok!

idk what your smoking cause i had hoe spy op all my members atleast 4 times last set and he said they were all doing good. and your lucky that you were one of the few that got there food sold at 95.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 17:10
i imagine they are going to use that market sales spy op...either way i dont understand why this is in the public forums :confused: its an internal matter. Or is it supposed to be some indication of your streght or something? are we supposed to be impressed?

more of a warning to thos who are undercutting that we arnt fin around

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 17:10
lmao, they are going to op every single farmer in the game every day to see if they are undercutting? ...

no only if we see the price get to low

Recca
07-07-2008, 17:25
All I have to say about this is... WOW you are really stupid. If a person wants to sell their food at 74 let them. You dont see me complaining when someone is selling inf at 250... which it has been lately.. If you were smart you would buy up all that food at 74 and then sell it at 94... ooops did i say that out loud? I really do want to see you guys try to enforce this and get your *** handed to you.

cheers!:dblthumbup:

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 17:48
yeah good point.
have you idiots ever thought about buying up the food yourselves and reselling it? whoever wants to sell low, gets his money like that whilst you can just put it on at 100 and make a profit. *sigh*. maybe thats why none of you got high ranked finishes as Missionary pointed out ;)

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 17:50
yeah good point.
have you idiots ever thought about buying up the food yourselves and reselling it? whoever wants to sell low, gets his money like that whilst you can just put it on at 100 and make a profit. *sigh*. maybe thats why none of you got high ranked finishes as Missionary pointed out ;)

yah maybe that would work if any of us had money.... but we dont cause our food wont sell.......

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 17:58
yah maybe that would work if any of us had money.... but we dont cause our food wont sell.......

are you honestly saying you have 0 stock?
then how do you plan on buying jets to kill someone? :rolleyes::sleep:

Recca
07-07-2008, 18:01
and another reason not to worry about them killing any other nation

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:05
are you honestly saying you have 0 stock?
then how do you plan on buying jets to kill someone? :rolleyes::sleep:

ok enough money to buy all the undercutters stock.......

Missionary
07-07-2008, 18:15
idk what your smoking cause i had hoe spy op all my members atleast 4 times last set and he said they were all doing good. and your lucky that you were one of the few that got there food sold at 95.

dunno what hoe was smoking because who do you think he asked to get the intels? he may have done some but i spoke to him so many times about the members in TNG undercutting. ask him if you dont believe me.

also, if you have money then doesnt that also mean you have contributed to the undercutting so far this set? :dblthumbup:

Cemetary
07-07-2008, 18:18
i sold my stock at minimum and i can jump into second.. idk how bad it hurt me

Will
07-07-2008, 18:20
I'm all for killing the undercutters. After I've bought all the food I need

Cemetary
07-07-2008, 18:21
I'm all for killing the undercutters.

i think ur nose is too brown from anton to worry about killing anything

Will
07-07-2008, 18:22
i think ur nose is too brown from anton to worry about killing anything

Oh, in what way?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:23
dunno what hoe was smoking because who do you think he asked to get the intels? he may have done some but i spoke to him so many times about the members in TNG undercutting. ask him if you dont believe me.

also, if you have money then doesnt that also mean you have contributed to the undercutting so far this set? :dblthumbup:

im a techer so no and undercutting to get your units upgraded is fine even i do that but after its not.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:25
now why dont you all stop try to ruin my set and if you have a problem with what our nations do then do something about it

KLL
07-07-2008, 18:26
yeah good point.

i tried that as techer once.. works pretty well indeed

Xavior
07-07-2008, 18:28
im a techer so no and undercutting to get your units upgraded is fine even i do that but after its not.

Oh, so you are a techer. Did you know tech has not hit 2600 this set? And you claim to have money. So you have placed tech on the market for undercut prices.

I think I should kill you for that.

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 18:30
now why dont you all stop try to ruin my set and if you have a problem with what our nations do then do something about it

i assure you, we have no problems with you guys selling us cheap food :wub:
btw, for example, today i bought 1mill food. i dont need 1mill. i use 4k a turn.
why did i get 1mill? because it was cheap. if it was 95$ id be buying just enough to use my turns...so food would sell slower, prices fall.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:31
Oh, so you are a techer. Did you know tech has not hit 2600 this set? And you claim to have money. So you have placed tech on the market for undercut prices.

I think I should kill you for that.

if its ****ing hurting your state enough the go for and when u kill me i wont care cause it was for a reason but beisds i allready ****ing said undercutting in the beggining is fine notice we havnt killed any one yet but after units are upgraded then no i will not be undercutting my tech or my food so get off my back.

Xavior
07-07-2008, 18:53
Actually, i don't want to kill you. I just wanted to let you know you are a hypocrite.

Will
07-07-2008, 18:55
Joey is a techer and he wants to kill farmers that undercut?

doesn't make sense where I'm standing.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:56
Actually, i don't want to kill you. I just wanted to let you know you are a hypocrite.

FOR THE 8TH TIME I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE UNDER CUT TO GET THERE UNITS UPGRADED QUICKLY BUT AFTER THAT I DO SO HOW THE **** AM I A HYPOCRITE???

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 18:57
Joey is a techer and he wants to kill farmers that undercut?

doesn't make sense where I'm standing.

starting techer then going farmer

Xavior
07-07-2008, 19:00
FOR THE 8TH TIME I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE UNDER CUT TO GET THERE UNITS UPGRADED QUICKLY BUT AFTER THAT I DO SO HOW THE **** AM I A HYPOCRITE???

Well, you create a thread stating you are going to kill all farming undercutters. Then it turns out you are an undercutter yourself. And that as Will pointed out, food prices at 70 does not affect tech prices. Now you change your mind and decide that you don't care about undercutters anymore because they have to undercut to upgrade units. It seems you have gone a full circle.

swede7
07-07-2008, 19:02

Is that your only line?

I mean seriously people. Every time there is a war, the reason for war being something like "you threatened us so we killed you", or "he AAed me so I AAed him and ARed him back" Xavior will post that they are being a hypocrite. Congratulations, you know what the word means.

This time there is not even a war yet!! Its a threat, a warning, whatever you want to call it.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:02
wich in it i stated that if they had a good reason as why they are udercutting then im good with that and undercutting for upgrading units is a good reason ok?

Xavior
07-07-2008, 19:05
@ swede:

Thanks for butting in and posting something totally irrelevant to our discussion. Your thoughts and new and insightful. I would love to subscribe to your newsletter.

@ Joey:

Oh, so now you are deciding people can only undercut if they have a good reason? If i want to sell food at 70 because it sells faster than putting it on at 100, is that a good enough reason? It is for me, who cares if it is a good enough reason for you. Get over it.

swede7
07-07-2008, 19:06

That is true for the Horde. No one in my nation but me has ever played farmer before and its been 4 or 5 years since i last did it. I don't remember it being like this, I am pretty sure i played in the top 100 the whole set and then finished 11th.

Maybe the only way to do well as a farmer is stocking at a really low rank and then jumping but I'm gonna try to play it different because its more fun! yay fun right?

swede7
07-07-2008, 19:08
@ Xavior: Sorry to interrupt, I am just catching up on my fan mail because this thread concerns me to and I had to be at work for a while. Your hypocrite comment stood out as something that needed my personal attention.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:10
@ xavior dont try to make it look like i just made up the good reason thing if you would have read the forum completely then you would have noticed that i said that in my original un edited post. and no selling faster isnt a good reason wtf does he need these giant sums of money for any way?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:12
and if any one is going to tell my that state 255 is undercutting in tng ik that its cause the state hasnt upgraded yet so sdfu

MarineRecon
07-07-2008, 19:16
this is one of the dumbest wars im gonna watch lol 2 sets ago i was selling at $100 then take it off and resell it at $100 again when it dropped...who cares if sumbody sells at $70 to get quick money...mayb they want to jump sooner and grab so they have more land to produce more food and make even more...its like hey im an indy state and my infantry isnt at $294 so im gonna find every person selling at $250 and kill them cuz of that...chances of me killing all those guys are yeah not happening...good luck if you guys wanna try and enforce that then best of luck but thats so not gonna work set after set lol you guys are just gonna make a massive amount of enemies and get raped...and then which the food will be at a good price cuz u guys wont be living hahaha

Xavior
07-07-2008, 19:19
@ Xavior: Sorry to interrupt, I am just catching up on my fan mail because this thread concerns me to and I had to be at work for a while. Your hypocrite comment stood out as something that needed my personal attention.

Oh, i hope i didn't take too much of your time on such mundane matters.

What exactly is your problem with my hypocrite comment? Do you have a different definition from mine? Do you need help seeing the hypocrisy in Joey's posts? Is this word forbidden in this thread? Are you going to kill me now?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:21
this is one of the dumbest wars im gonna watch lol 2 sets ago i was selling at $100 then take it off and resell it at $100 again when it dropped...who cares if sumbody sells at $70 to get quick money...mayb they want to jump sooner and grab so they have more land to produce more food and make even more...its like hey im an indy state and my infantry isnt at $294 so im gonna find every person selling at $250 and kill them cuz of that...chances of me killing all those guys are yeah not happening...good luck if you guys wanna try and enforce that then best of luck but thats so not gonna work set after set lol you guys are just gonna make a massive amount of enemies and get raped...and then which the food will be at a good price cuz u guys wont be living hahaha

Ok you people need to stop comparing indy to farmer its totaly different you dont make as many inf as we do food so even 5$ price difference can make a huge deal secondly theres 26% more idny zones than farmer zones so alot more people doing indy than farmer so yes killing every indy who dosnt go by your price is rediculos but killing the 4-6 undercutting farmer states is a peice of cake.

@ xavior i wanna know why im a hypocrite

Xavior
07-07-2008, 19:23
@ xavior dont try to make it look like i just made up the good reason thing if you would have read the forum completely then you would have noticed that i said that in my original un edited post. and no selling faster isnt a good reason wtf does he need these giant sums of money for any way?

You are correct. I totally skipped over Missionary's post about TNG's record the last set. I have reread it and come to a conclusion you obviously wanted me to come to. Thanks, i'll have to keep in mind TNG isn't exactly in the 'know'.

And so i will have to look past this 'no selling faster isnt a good reason wtf does he need these giant sums of money for anyway?' comment.

I mean, comon Marine. Give these guys a break. Go read Missionary's post again and see what I mean. Joey wants you to be enlightened as well. It feels good.

Xavior
07-07-2008, 19:25
Ok you people need to stop comparing indy to farmer its totaly different you dont make as many inf as we do food so even 5$ price difference can make a huge deal secondly theres 26% more idny zones than farmer zones so alot more people doing indy than farmer so yes killing every indy who dosnt go by your price is rediculos but killing the 4-6 undercutting farmer states is a peice of cake.

I already explained it, if you go reread my post on the last page. But I can explain it to you again if you want in simpler terms for no charge.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:29
You are correct. I totally skipped over Missionary's post about TNG's record the last set. I have reread it and come to a conclusion you obviously wanted me to come to. Thanks, i'll have to keep in mind TNG isn't exactly in the 'know'.

And so i will have to look past this 'no selling faster isnt a good reason wtf does he need these giant sums of money for anyway?' comment.

I mean, comon Marine. Give these guys a break. Go read Missionary's post again and see what I mean. Joey wants you to be enlightened as well. It feels good.

that entire post made no sense to me and yes explain again

MarineRecon
07-07-2008, 19:37

without indies u wouldnt be able to make the jump that u need your food to sell for unless u go BM which sucks lol...alright theres 9% farmers which in 88% are others buying your food...food doesnt need to sell right away...make the smart moves to buy the cheaper food then sell it to make a profit or are u farmers just to dumb and ignorant to do that...o yeah forgot u dont have the money to buy it which is y u sell cheaper at first...u dont need to jump right away u can just stock low the whole set and jump at the end like a lot of pepl do so y do u need to upgrade so soon??? u can expand and build as a farmer the entire set and still finish top 20 so u cant even say u need to grab cuz thats not fully needed even though it does help

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:42
without indies u wouldnt be able to make the jump that u need your food to sell for unless u go BM which sucks lol...alright theres 9% farmers which in 88% are others buying your food...food doesnt need to sell right away...make the smart moves to buy the cheaper food then sell it to make a profit or are u farmers just to dumb and ignorant to do that...o yeah forgot u dont have the money to buy it which is y u sell cheaper at first...u dont need to jump right away u can just stock low the whole set and jump at the end like a lot of pepl do so y do u need to upgrade so soon??? u can expand and build as a farmer the entire set and still finish top 20 so u cant even say u need to grab cuz thats not fully needed even though it does help

First: ik indy buy our food thnx for NW 101.......

Second: think about this if you have to sell your food cheap just so you can buy others cheap food to sell it higher why not just sell higher and skip the hassel of re selling.......

THird: This undercutting crack down is to ensure that the food does actuly get up unlike last set.

Fourth: i did expand the entire set and finishd 84th so thats not entirely true

Fith: if you make good grabs then grabbing is 10x better

Recca
07-07-2008, 19:43
secondly theres 26% more idny zones than farmer zones so alot more people doing indy than farmer so yes killing every indy who dosnt go by your price is rediculos but killing the 4-6 undercutting farmer states is a peice of cake.

So your telling me if there were more farmers then you wouldnt kill any of the people who undercut? That makes no sense because you were just saying that you would kill anyone who undercuts. I say everyone switch to farm and undercut

MarineRecon
07-07-2008, 19:45

Second: think about this if you have to sell your food cheap just so you can buy others cheap food to sell it higher why not just sell higher and skip the hassel of re selling.......

THird: This undercutting crack down is to ensure that the food does actuly get up unlike last set.

u just said its alright to sell ure food cheap in the beginning now ure goin about changing that though...geez kid make up ure mind...u suck at expanding and building apparantly cuz im pretty sure ive landed top 20 several times...and no **** if u make good grabs then its 10x better thanks for the NW 101 hahah

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 19:54
u just said its alright to sell ure food cheap in the beginning now ure goin about changing that though...geez kid make up ure mind...u suck at expanding and building apparantly cuz im pretty sure ive landed top 20 several times...and no **** if u make good grabs then its 10x better thanks for the NW 101 hahah

where in there did i say undercutting is fine???? @ recca go for it

Calvin74
07-07-2008, 19:54

i don't like coming back to post often anymore but this was pointed out to me
1st you need to learn the basics of being a farmer
yeah i was killed last set b/c i jumped to soon but i played an all explore strat and my dead country was still top ten at the end. if you got to 84th maybe you should figure out where YOU went wrong not where the market screwed you since vinnie and i did really well for ourselves:P

also to your 3rd point maybe you should take a step back and look at what you guys tried to do last set
did you ever think that it was your attempt at market manipulation that screwed the market? every other set where people don't do this then the market balances out and food hits 100. maybe you should let it be and food will hit 100
grabbing for a stocker is overrated btw
you will never keep that much land so it is how you use your turns to produce instead of the land you gain each day really...... think about it and if you want me to help you out a little bit more with some farmer strats and why it is better for certain strats to sell low then high feel free to pm or email me

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 19:55
Joey, use your tech money to buy up food instead of upgrading and re-sell it.
i doubt any of you are planning to do some high placed netting mid set so you dont need to upgrade now. just continue selling your tech and use the money to buy food.

jesus, i know im leading a casher nation without actually knowing how to play casher , but at least im taking advise and learning...you on the other hand have been playing farmer for a long time and you still seem like a n00b.

and are you serious? you finished 84th last set after expanding all set long? i think my 4th restart did better than that........or atleast one of them did :p

Xavior
07-07-2008, 20:23
And he is trying to tell us how to play... :P

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:24
And he is trying to tell us how to play... :P

last i heard u wernt a farmer so no im not

Xavior
07-07-2008, 20:25
Sigh.

I'm sorry, I forgot again. Let me try to explain what I meant so you can understand.

By 'us', i mean as a generalization. Get it now? :)

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:26
Sigh.

I'm sorry, I forgot again. Let me try to explain what I meant so you can understand.

By 'us', i mean as a generalization. Get it now? :)

actuly besides swede any one whoes posted here isnt farming

Xavior
07-07-2008, 20:29
The whole argument boils down to this: As Calvin kindly pointed out, you guys didn't exactly finish at a very high rank last set, so why are you trying to tell other farmers how to play? Why don't you learn how to play first, before going around threatening undercutters?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:32
The whole argument boils down to this: As Calvin kindly pointed out, you guys didn't exactly finish at a very high rank last set, so why are you trying to tell other farmers how to play? Why don't you learn how to play first, before going around threatening undercutters?

so your saying that nosejam who finised 6th 2 sets ago but last set didnt even finish in the top 100 dosent know how to farm? thats kinda wierd im sure there must have been something els that had an effect on us last set lets think hmm mabye it was cause the market was **** and there were 12% farm zones

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:34
actuly besides swede any one whoes posted here isnt farming

Commercial Zones: 2.733
Residential Zones: 4.058
Industrial Zones: 0
Farming Zones: 1611
Science Facilities: 0
Construction Sites: 210
Total Land: 8.612
Free Land: 0

im running a mixed strat...

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:35
Commercial Zones: 2.733
Residential Zones: 4.058
Industrial Zones: 0
Farming Zones: 1611
Science Facilities: 0
Construction Sites: 210
Total Land: 8.612
Free Land: 0

im running a mixed strat...

but your primary strat is casher so u dont count

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:36
but your primary strat is casher so u dont count

ok cool so ill continue selling at $70 :cool:
might increase my farm count to 49% of my state. is that cool?

Calvin74
07-07-2008, 20:40
so your saying that nosejam who finised 6th 2 sets ago but last set didnt even finish in the top 100 dosent know how to farm? thats kinda wierd im sure there must have been something els that had an effect on us last set lets think hmm mabye it was cause the market was **** and there were 12% farm zones

didn't you read what i wrote?
you work around the market once you know your strat that good
vinnie and i were both top 20 (even after i died) and we had to deal with the exact same market as you did.....
also unless nosejam died (which i am hoping for his finish he did) then if he didn't make top 100 he doesn't know how to play....

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:51
if you can't finish top100 when there are like 200 people playing then you have no right telling anyone how to play. full stop. listen to people like Calvin + Xavior instead. Honestly.

Rassputtin
07-07-2008, 21:39

Firstly, almost nothing sells at max price in the first few days. Although surprisingly there is alot of max price stuff now.... save food. :)
That being a forgone conclusion before the set starts, being a farmer and knowing your food will not sell at max price you should account for that in your strat.

Rassputtin
07-07-2008, 22:09
Sorry for the double post.....

But If I was playing any strat and couldnt finish in the top 100 I would definitly listen to the advice of players who can. Especially when they do so under the same circumstances and conditions.

Calvin is right... every set I've ever played food reached max price. Some sets sooner than others. The only set it didnt to my recolection was last set, when you had the pipe dream of controlling the market.

The very same market that never reached max price while you tried to control it but did reach max price every other time. :w00t::w00t:

That should tell you something.

Also if your a techer, why are you worried about it. Is this a pre-emptive warning for when you convert to farmer?

The reason you didnt finish top 100 is not because the market screwed you. It's because you didnt play it to your advantage.

I never play farmer and don't know how to, but if I joined your nation and you told me the techer/switch to farmer strat that you use, these would be the modifications I would make to your strat and most likely finish alot higher.

1. Not worry about upgrading my units to be an LG'ing machine.

2. Use my tech money to buy the 70 dollar food instead of upgrading and put it back on the market for 100, and be willing to let it sell for less than 100 after calculating how much I need it to sell for after nation tax in order to turn a profit. So that in and of itself would make me money without using any additional turns. Just making my money earn me more money.

3. Being as I wouldn't be grabbing all that much I would stay techer for quite a bit, probably atleast mid way throught the set. I wouldnt consider switching until either tech stopped selling or the food prices rose to about where I would be willing to sell my food at. Say 90. Keeping in mind that I already have tons of food on the market that I bought earlier.

4. I would save some money to buy some troops and make really ****ty grabs and the bottom of the list simply to try to maintain some semblence of decent land and production. But I wouldnt want to much land that it would be too costly of a process to convert from techer to farmer.

Now I could be WAAAY of the mark here becuase I know nothign about farmer. So someone who CAN finish in the top 50 with farm strat PLEASE correct me if I"m wrong.

But If i started techer my main focus would be sell my tech, use that money to buy up all the cheap food and re-sell higher and wait for food prices to naturally rise like they always do.

That is my lame ("first time I ever thought about how to play farmer because I never played farmer") farmer strat

When I see farmers jumping into the top ten it blows my mind to try to figure out how someone could not jump into the top 100....................

I think it would be easier for me to figure out how to play farmer and jump into the top 100 then it woudl be for me to figure out how the hell your plaing farmer and can't.

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 22:20
as someone who finished top10 playing farmer first time in first NW set (in LOL) (and might i add, above all the TNG states except Nosejam), i can say that Rass is correct in all his points. LEARN JOEY & CO.

nosejam
07-08-2008, 12:14
Alright, here's my two cents, hopefully I can make my point without someone shouting "STFU YOU'RE a n00b and I HAVE HUGE CAJONES, PLEASE ADMIRE MY EPEEN"

Anton you spent most of the set in NH (TNG wasn't around) then jumped to LOL like I did for NA. All the other states except Joey had never played NW/WoW so not sure what point you're making.

And to all those naysayers about last set, you can't deny that the food market blew, and no it wasn't TNG's fault, I know we had the undercutters at the beginning but once everyone decided they were gonna fight for Veiw/NW (how honourable of you all) if we hit them I got a leash on most of the members, so they went back to 100>take off at 92 repeat.

But when you see 600 mil food at 93 and you know there will be that amount all the way upto 100 and not nearly enough indy's/cashers to buy the food undercutting is back on the table. Also Vinnie congrats on the finish but as far as selling ALL your food for 95, I wish I saw that market.

I didn't die, I redturned 5 times in an attack and decided to take my food all off the pm to help my other players. Hence my pretty rubbish finish.

And to Rass, your system works in theory but not really, if you buy the early food off the pm at 70 then wait to sell it when you can make a profit you pretty much have to wait til you're producing that amount of food a turn anyway, I haven't actually done the math, but I've never felt its worth it. Also if you have money from selling tech to buy food, chances are you've already had to undercut to sell it...

I much prefer to get an army, til i'm about 120th then take the good grabs and have as much land as people in the top 40.

I've forgotten where I was going with this...

Divine Intervention
07-08-2008, 12:25
i didn't jump to LOL for the NA (please make a point of this, i play in nations because they have my friends in them...not for personal benefit) i jumped to LOL because it was lead by one of my best friends here Hoebawt. That was the plan from the start...i joined as an inactive stocker incase they needed help against the Estonians (so i was kinda reserve)...in the end they didn't need it because KIHT and w/e got raped.

Calvin74
07-08-2008, 17:49
Alright, here's my two cents, hopefully I can make my point without someone shouting "STFU YOU'RE a n00b and I HAVE HUGE CAJONES, PLEASE ADMIRE MY EPEEN"

Anton you spent most of the set in NH (TNG wasn't around) then jumped to LOL like I did for NA. All the other states except Joey had never played NW/WoW so not sure what point you're making.

And to all those naysayers about last set, you can't deny that the food market blew, and no it wasn't TNG's fault, I know we had the undercutters at the beginning but once everyone decided they were gonna fight for Veiw/NW (how honourable of you all) if we hit them I got a leash on most of the members, so they went back to 100>take off at 92 repeat.

But when you see 600 mil food at 93 and you know there will be that amount all the way upto 100 and not nearly enough indy's/cashers to buy the food undercutting is back on the table. Also Vinnie congrats on the finish but as far as selling ALL your food for 95, I wish I saw that market.

I didn't die, I redturned 5 times in an attack and decided to take my food all off the pm to help my other players. Hence my pretty rubbish finish.

And to Rass, your system works in theory but not really, if you buy the early food off the pm at 70 then wait to sell it when you can make a profit you pretty much have to wait til you're producing that amount of food a turn anyway, I haven't actually done the math, but I've never felt its worth it. Also if you have money from selling tech to buy food, chances are you've already had to undercut to sell it...

I much prefer to get an army, til i'm about 120th then take the good grabs and have as much land as people in the top 40.

I've forgotten where I was going with this...

as the guy running veiw i can tell you that we had a perfect strategy that we ran to perfection (till i died:P) it went off well enough that if vinnie had logged on everyday we both would have topped 100m nw
that was with the exact same market that you guys had maybe that should show you that i do know what i am talking about

also you never thought that the market needs to be low to scare off the newbies at the start? that farmers never cover 20% of the game? of course no one will support us if there are that many of us. that is where tng and wlf really screwed the farming market (lor didn't help since they killed dak which would have provided a huge food outlet). you guys didn't understand that to run farmer successfully the entire nation can't be farmer.....

as to what rass is saying it works the best as a casher strat stocking food at 70$ and reselling it but then you have to account for nation taxes and other such things
it works really well but it is usually more advanced then most people here go

Missionary
07-08-2008, 18:48
That is true for the Horde. No one in my nation but me has ever played farmer before and its been 4 or 5 years since i last did it. I don't remember it being like this, I am pretty sure i played in the top 100 the whole set and then finished 11th.

Maybe the only way to do well as a farmer is stocking at a really low rank and then jumping but I'm gonna try to play it different because its more fun! yay fun right?

fare enough, at least HORDE can admit it :)

not a bright comment really dude

@ nose - the last 6-7 day of the set i put all my food on for $98 (which clavin told me i shouldnt have as it was to high lol) but it sold for aroun $92-$96 i do believe, although that wasnt a huge amount of money. also, we had 0% tax for almost the whole set. if you guys were planning on playing a stocking farmer set you should have also had little to nothing in the lines of tax for most the set.

p.s. knowone said they would jump in to protect us as we werent considered as antons farmer tag.

p.s.s. killing people who are undercutting will mean there is 0 chance of them ever bringing the food back off of the market meaning the food price drops even more. stop trying to dictate the price and let it be.

Rassputtin
07-08-2008, 22:18
as to what rass is saying it works the best as a casher strat stocking food at 70$ and reselling it but then you have to account for nation taxes and other such things
it works really well but it is usually more advanced then most people here go

Yeah thats what I'm saying after the tax. So for the sake of round numbers, if I buy food at 70 and my tax is 20, I need the food to sell for 91 dollars or higher in order to make a profit. The further above 91 the higher the profit.

Obviously that would be better for casher because there is no shortage of cash. But in my non farmer playing opinion i think a farmer could take advantage of it as well.

nosejam
07-09-2008, 17:00
As far as I remember loads of people said they would defend the little guys, cba to go find quotes for you. But if we killed you early enough, you wouldn't be producing anymore food... And we'd feel better :p

Why should they stop trying to dictate the price of food? Its well within their rights. If you haven't noticed I'm not the one trying to dictate it this set. Stop enforcing this double tap rule on me!! Oh wait you won't as you don't like being hit more than twice, well they don't like people selling at the cheapest price...

Divine Intervention
07-16-2008, 12:10
Food 29.484.100 $70

and thats only when i stopped buying mine LOLz.
there was what, like 50-70mill before?

your members getting nervous?

Dogma
07-16-2008, 12:27

I may have to switch to farm next set just to buck the system.

Divine Intervention
07-16-2008, 12:33
I may have to switch to farm next set just to buck the system.

and my indy nation just might have to go and offer you protection so you keep the supply up:laugh:

Dogma
07-16-2008, 12:35
and my indy nation just might have to go and offer you protection so you keep the supply up:laugh:

We MAY just be able to work a deal on that one. Lets see what transpires over the next 13 days.

swede7
07-16-2008, 12:55
Food 29.484.100 $70

and thats only when i stopped buying mine LOLz.
there was what, like 50-70mill before?

your members getting nervous?

I think someone is just pulling a prank. so not nervous.

nosejam
07-16-2008, 15:48
Food 145.379.360 $95

Seems ok at the moment. Why is everyone so against food prices being high :\

nosejam
08-03-2008, 15:08
Hands up everyone who said the market couldn't be controlled. Don't be shy :) Also don't refer back to the first set the policy was put in force, we/they were naive and went about it the wrong way, that was righted and it worked last set.

Missionary
08-03-2008, 21:23
Food 16.301.596 $70

if you planned on it hitting the the lowest price within a day of the set starting (like it always does) then good work, you controlled it well hehe :P

MAGGIO
08-03-2008, 23:02
I like the idea even though I am usually indi. Whats to point of farming if you just undercut its retarded. It is one of th reasons I dont farm.

Tnova
08-03-2008, 23:57
I think it was a byproduct of being few farmers nosejam, but, that is just my opinion. :)

nosejam
08-04-2008, 05:43
Food 16.301.596 $70

if you planned on it hitting the the lowest price within a day of the set starting (like it always does) then good work, you controlled it well hehe :P

No-one is controlling it this set, TNG/Horde aren't farming this set.

@ Tnova: This may well be the case, but it still worked, despite all the naysayers, was meant to be a little jokey, I know the sale of all products often depends mainly on other players.