PDA

View Full Version : @ Farmers

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:05
I found it necessary to re do my post.

THIS IS STRICTLY A WARNING

Myself and Swede have discussed our options and we feel that if we can enforce the food prices to be high this set then it can benefit our nations greatly for those of you who don't understand what im talking about this is basically what im saying

lets say the food price can stay in the 90's form now through out the entire set. that means i can net and get the most possible land i can get which means that my food production goes up and then i can sell more food and buy more units and get higher net worth..

so any state who is selling there food for a ridiculously low price after there units have been upgraded will sent a message giving them 2 days to bring back there food and sell it at a more reasonable price, if they refuse TNG and HORDE WILL KILL THE STATE.

any body have any questions now? any one feel like calling my untrue names?

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:14
how do you plan on buying jets to kill them if you have no money because everyone is undercutting?

Will
07-07-2008, 20:15
Sell on BM maybe?

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:18
how do you plan on buying jets to kill them if you have no money because everyone is undercutting?

anton shut up i didn't say everyone was undercutting 2nd allot of us are playing tech-farm so we do have money and because ik what your going to say then why do you care who's undercutting right now and im going to say tho simply read why i think having 0 under cutters benefits our nations

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:18
yea...i wouldn't be surprised if Joey used that logic...

*omg my food is selling for 75$....im gonna BM tens of millions of it for 33$ and get my revenge*

hehe.

EDIT:

JOEY ARE YOU ****ING STUPID? IF YOURE A ****ING TECHER, USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY FOOD AND RESELL IT.

IDIOT.

people are trying to help you become better at this game. take their advise.

jesus.

Mrmcjoey15
07-07-2008, 20:22
yea...i wouldn't be surprised if Joey used that logic...

*omg my food is selling for 75$....im gonna BM tens of millions of it for 33$ and get my revenge*

hehe.

EDIT:

JOEY ARE YOU ****ING STUPID? IF YOURE A ****ING TECHER, USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY FOOD AND RESELL IT.

IDIOT.

people are trying to help you become better at this game. take their advise.

jesus.

market spy me anton 155 im not stupid im allready doing that.....

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 20:31
market spy me anton 155 im not stupid im allready doing that.....

well tell all your techers to do that (you said you have a lot of them?)
and then everyones happy.

Rassputtin
07-07-2008, 22:16
Really all of you should be doing that. You's would be making your money work for you.

But really if this is something that you can enforce.......... go for it.

I've often said If i coudl start some sort of Industrial Union and get everyone to agree to sell at max price everytime all the time we would all make alot more money.............

Yet alot of people don't want to wait in line, they want thier money in a certain amount of time. can't really blame them for it, but can't kill em all to enforce it.

With the low number of farmers, I would enjoy seeing whether or not you can pull it off.

Divine Intervention
07-07-2008, 22:27
the funniest thing about last set was that they tried to form a food cartel...and control prices...and everyone got so excited that they had like a 18-20 man farmer nation...and prices plummeted (18% farmers). hehe.

and now with this war....prepare for prices to plummet even more.

Disorder
07-07-2008, 23:24
Interesting threat.. makes me think about transfering to a farmer... just to annoy your threat a little with some major undercutting.. :P

Besides, we love cheap food.. :w00t:

kingmyth
07-08-2008, 01:21
Im just wondering how they are going to catch and kill the states undercutting the market without doing a spy ops on everyone in the game.

Missionary
07-08-2008, 06:26
i love how they are making such a fuss about this. last set there was 18%ish farmers and the prices hit around $95 at the end of the set. this set there is 10% farmers and the price is currently at $71 with a small amount on there. BUT ITS THE 1ST FREAKING WEEK!!!

i am seriously considering getting someone to constantly crash the food market just to listen to your constant whining cos i love it so much :thumbdown:

with all the warring going to be happeneing this set the food IS NOT going to sell. you picked the wrong strat this set.....to bad. grow a pair and get over it please.

Recca
07-08-2008, 09:05
Ok this is what I propose. Anyone who is selling food for cheap and pissing off tng let me know if they give you the 2days notice so I can help you. Because as an indy nation I need to protect the people who are helping me.

As a brave man who was being oppressed once said.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

Disorder
07-08-2008, 09:50
i love how they are making such a fuss about this. last set there was 18%ish farmers and the prices hit around $95 at the end of the set. this set there is 10% farmers and the price is currently at $71 with a small amount on there. BUT ITS THE 1ST FREAKING WEEK!!!

i am seriously considering getting someone to constantly crash the food market just to listen to your constant whining cos i love it so much :thumbdown:

with all the warring going to be happeneing this set the food IS NOT going to sell. you picked the wrong strat this set.....to bad. grow a pair and get over it please.

my thoughts exactly lol

swede7
07-08-2008, 10:28

I got a muchbetter idea. Instead of growing a pair and getting over it. I'm going to grow a pair and DO SOMETHING!! geez

mysterydave
07-08-2008, 11:23
Undercut unit of science ... $2300
Undercut unit of food ... $71

Producers threatening on the forums to kill under-cutters, consumers threatening to defend them ... priceless.

swede7
07-08-2008, 11:29
hahaha priceless

nice one

Rassputtin
07-08-2008, 21:47
Ok this is what I propose. Anyone who is selling food for cheap and pissing off tng let me know if they give you the 2days notice so I can help you. Because as an indy nation I need to protect the people who are helping me.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

hahaha priceless

nice one

Now that is a good concept. Why wouldnt the consumers want to protect the producers who are providing a quality good at a cheap cost.

Recca is getting some positive rep for that. I like that.

Soon it will be indy nations protecting undercutting farmers, whilst cashers protect undercutting farmers and indies, whilst farmers protect... undercutting indies, whilst they all try to kill eachother.

A grand scheme, a grand scheme indeed.

Mahdi
07-08-2008, 22:12
wheels within wheels within wheels...

have you ever thought that maybe the more food thats on the market means that the prices go down?

Cemetary
07-08-2008, 22:21
if everyone sells for 100 throughout the entire set it will get backed up anyways, it could take an extremely long time for any of your food to sell as the set goes on with more indys dying and farmers growing bigger states. most indies and farmers sell a certain amount, usually not all, for a cheaper price in order to use their turns when they need to.

and i am with recca on this one, if any farmer nation/state is threatened by either TNG or HORDE, let me know, im willing to drop what i planned on doing this set and help kill the leaders of this nation every time they try and restart until they change their policy.. it will kind of ruint heir whole point in bringing up prices if they die everytime they try to enforce this bs policy

Missionary
07-09-2008, 11:55
it will kind of ruint heir whole point in bringing up prices if they die everytime they try to enforce this bs policy

them dying would actually improve the situation, less food going on means price maxes out sooner. so you will be helping them cem :P

A grand scheme, a grand scheme indeed.

hmmm, may have to change out plan for next set :P

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

p.s. braveheart is not true btw :P

nosejam
07-09-2008, 17:04
im willing to drop what i planned on doing this set and help kill the leaders of this nation every time they try and restart until they change their policy.. it will kind of ruint heir whole point in bringing up prices if they die everytime they try to enforce this bs policy

Why would you do this? Just curious

Calvin74
07-09-2008, 17:26
Why would you do this? Just curious

probably for the same reason nation leaders don't think their actions through
i posted in the other thread about this but apparently that wasn't enough
when was the 1st time tng tried to manipulate the market? when was the 1st time the market didn't empty out?
if those answers are the same then maybe you should look at WHY THAT IS
besides any netting farmer can do just fine on food in the 80's maybe you should do the math on your strats BEFORE you get pissy
also a true farmer would know that this is to early to jump or much to late (you will not jump and hold the top spot) so they don't play farmer if they plan to net from the start. you play farmer if you want to stock all set OR if you want to stock half the set and then jump once food hits a decent price. what you are doing now is STOPPING food from hitting that price..... since you should not be jumping there is no reason at all that you should be selling food for any reason at all. therefore you should only be stocking your food at 100$.... whose food is currently on the market? i would assume your food is at prices between 83$ and 88$ (based on your plans from last set) and therefore you guys are the ones doing the undercutting. i don't understand why someone undercutting the people ALREADY undercutting the top price should get in trouble since you people are the ones keeping the market from actually peaking due to your inability to play a correct farmer strat

i have offered to give you a strat that guarantees 75m nw finish or better but so far no one has taken me up on that offer you have just complained here about the market that you yourself are hurting

Missionary
07-09-2008, 17:32
i can give you a screwy inactive inparts sucky start up that gives you 74mill net :)

nosejam
07-09-2008, 17:47
I'm not farming... So no, my food is not on the pm between 83 and 88. Are you seriously trying to pin the food market not rising to $100 on TNG? Because we had too many members? In all other sets the food markets rises to 100 and has 0 food on it, last set it had a few hundred mil at every price above 90. So if you are trying to say our actions made too many people choose farmer and THAT caused the food market not to sell out then I can see where you are coming from.

I don't need to explain why TNG states were selling at 83-88 last set. As far as your "true farmer" statement goes, maybe its time to change what people perceive is the correct way to play it, props to these guys for something different. Maybe you should try something new :).

Calvin74
07-09-2008, 19:35
I'm not farming... So no, my food is not on the pm between 83 and 88. Are you seriously trying to pin the food market not rising to $100 on TNG? Because we had too many members? In all other sets the food markets rises to 100 and has 0 food on it, last set it had a few hundred mil at every price above 90. So if you are trying to say our actions made too many people choose farmer and THAT caused the food market not to sell out then I can see where you are coming from.

I don't need to explain why TNG states were selling at 83-88 last set. As far as your "true farmer" statement goes, maybe its time to change what people perceive is the correct way to play it, props to these guys for something different. Maybe you should try something new :).

you can try to change it if you want
we just go with what works
there isn't a strat i haven't tried in the past 8 years so i know what works for me
maybe you can find something better and maybe not but if you want to try then you can

yes i just blamed the market last set on wlf and tng
they helped oversaturate the market at those mid prices and made people think that the price would hit 100$ much easier
then once it didn't the tng and the wlf people kept their food on in the 80's and probably are doing that right now

it is supply and demand
at the start of the set demand is low so prices are low
at the end the demand is higher then the supply IF you let the market work itself out
if not then well we saw last set

Rassputtin
07-09-2008, 22:10
it is supply and demand
at the start of the set demand is low so prices are low
at the end the demand is higher then the supply IF you let the market work itself out
if not then well we saw last set

Incase it wasnt picked up, the most important part of that is....

IF you let the market work itself out

Cemetary
07-10-2008, 01:08
them dying would actually improve the situation, less food going on means price maxes out sooner. so you will be helping them cem :P

them dying would only take out 3 farmer states so it woudlnt do too much, and it would be 3 states that r *****ing abotu NOT undercutting so the "undercutters" would still be alive or have a better chance at being alive, and the whole reason they want to manipulate market is so THEY do better, if they r dead, they cant do very good no matter what prices r at