PDA

View Full Version : Last nights Outage!

Mr President
07-08-2008, 13:03
During the war last night, the game and forums went down. And it has been speculated that i did this on purpose cause it was my nation that was warring. As i stated, i sent a message to the server company and asked them what happened cause nothing was showing up on the security logs i normally get when the server goes down.

We are on a shared server and there was a short DOS attack against the server. This was NOT done to our domain. But seeing we share it, we also had to suffer the downtime. The offender was quickly spotted and blocked.

There are only 2 people with server access. Myself and Dirk (youngwebsolutions). We have a checks and balance system. Every action we make on the server or in the game is logged. There is no way to delete it. I made it this way so there could never be any question about cheating. If i do something to server, it is logged and Dirk can easily spot it. Thus someone else knowing i cheated. And this works visa versa.

I would think by now that you all would know i would never do such a thing.
I am very strict on privacy. The only time i ever get get into things or look at things is when someone has been either reported or under great suspicion of cheating. As an admin, this is my job so i have to do it. But other then that, i NEVER look at anything unless i have too.

This will be the one and only time i defend myself. Mainly i'm writing this to make it clear so you all know...

I have put a huge amount of time into making this game happen and making it better, that i would never jeopardize it's success with messing around with the game or people's states. Cause i know the min i do that, people will leave and leave quickly.

I hope this settles some of your minds. If you have anymore questions or comments feel free to post them or send me a PM.

thanks!

Recca
07-08-2008, 14:30
I think its a disgrace that you even have to write this. You are one of the most honest people playing this game.

Norrisville
07-08-2008, 14:35
I think its a disgrace that you even have to write this. You are one of the most honest people playing this game.

i agree.

-Chris-
07-08-2008, 14:39

13th or something quoted for truth.

Guy77
07-09-2008, 14:14
=P well i have to admit that pres is the most honest and wouldn't have even considered doing that

But i probably would have said you did if i was warring you and it happened ;) lol, j/k