PDA

View Full Version : Obama, McCain

-Z-
07-15-2008, 20:18
Who are you voting for, for Prez of USA?

Crimson Shadow
07-15-2008, 22:48
Can't stand Obama and all his "I had a rough life growing up, vote for me" advertisments.

Disorder
07-15-2008, 23:09
McCain..

Im still lol about what Jesse Jackson said about Obama.

-Z-
07-15-2008, 23:39
quite plainly the war in Iraq should never have happened, and no matter what has happened recently, it will never be a good thing until the US is out.

Z

Mrmcjoey15
07-16-2008, 00:25
quite plainly the war in Iraq should never have happened, and no matter what has happened recently, it will never be a good thing until the US is out.

Z

agreed it was total rubbish

ranger2112
07-16-2008, 09:23
regardless, we ARE there. pulling out too quickly will be as bad as going there. having said that, there is no way anyone can believe a man with SO LITTLE real world experience in GOV can possibly occupy the highest position in our land. i am not all :tt1: about McCain but given our choices I would vote twice for him just to see Osama er Obama not elected.

p-kitty
07-16-2008, 11:20
my stepmother, who's from michigan and a racist to boot, but that aside, is convinced that obama will be shot sometime during his first week or so of presidency because she believes that the U.S. of A. will not allow a black president to stay in office. =/

Crimson Shadow
07-16-2008, 14:42
Race isnt an issue for me...its the way he is trying to manipulate the public by playing the sympathy card over and over.

-Z-
07-16-2008, 14:44
McCain just looks sickly, evil, and senile.

Z

Crimson Shadow
07-16-2008, 14:45
McCain just looks sickly, evil, and senile.

Z

We can always hope he picks a good VP in the likely chance he dies from old age :)

Antichrist
07-16-2008, 17:03
I support democrats but i can´t stand Obama. When it comes down to politics then i don´t belive that he is worth even a penny.

Grendel Khan
07-16-2008, 18:43
Obama is/was the best in a sad lot of options. As honest as a politician can be, he's had no problem admitting that he smoked weed, and snorted coke as a young adult, where as Dubya doesn't even admit to his 3-4 DUIs, or the fact that he is said to have snorted up half of Peru while going to college.

McCain. Well, he's a dubya guy...

which goes real far in dishonesty and greed. He seems combative and nasty, and definitely is too old for the job.

-- As for comments about experience, that's a sad ploy that has been directed at Obama since the beginning of his presidential run, and pretty meaningless. Presidents are only figure heads, and as long as they put together a class act cabinet anyone can do the job well. Look at the cabinet that Dubya's father put together for him, before they all quit because working with/for Dubya wasn't all it was cut-out to be...

-- Racism... Well Obama is the Whitest black man we've seen as a politician. Now IF I were a racists, wouldn't I want to fill the "quota" and get him in to office? So later I can look and say, "we gave you your black president, we don't owe you any more"?

pcgluva
07-16-2008, 18:53
i agree with jesse jackson also, hes not sorry for saying it ither hes just sorry he got caught,

Obama, openly stated that our national anthem wasnt right, he wouldnt wear the flag pin for a long time, it goes downhill form there

im short a few months to acctully be able to vote, but i would def be voting for mcain if i could
if i could vote

SmarT
07-17-2008, 18:06
eh McCain is just more bush... if you guys are that retarded then lay off the pot lol as for me, i liked dennis kurchach (spelt his last name wrong) and Ron Paul. them them are some americans and ralph nadar :P

Will
07-17-2008, 18:49
-- Racism... Well Obama is the Whitest black man we've seen as a politician. Now IF I were a racists, wouldn't I want to fill the "quota" and get him in to office? So later I can look and say, "we gave you your black president, we don't owe you any more"?

Many racists have the idea that "worse is better" in that a black president will be so blatantly racist towards white people that it will at the very least significantly benefit their position if not trigger a "revolution" of sorts.

Blackwater
07-17-2008, 20:15
Obama is/was the best in a sad lot of options. As honest as a politician can be, he's had no problem admitting that he smoked weed, and snorted coke as a young adult, where as Dubya doesn't even admit to his 3-4 DUIs, or the fact that he is said to have snorted up half of Peru while going to college.

McCain. Well, he's a dubya guy...

which goes real far in dishonesty and greed. He seems combative and nasty, and definitely is too old for the job.

-- As for comments about experience, that's a sad ploy that has been directed at Obama since the beginning of his presidential run, and pretty meaningless. Presidents are only figure heads, and as long as they put together a class act cabinet anyone can do the job well. Look at the cabinet that Dubya's father put together for him, before they all quit because working with/for Dubya wasn't all it was cut-out to be...

You do know Obama is HALF-Black and HALF-White. Also saying he acts white, he was raised by his white mother, his black father left them. I know weird, a black man abandoning his child :rolleyes:

jasonlfunk
07-17-2008, 21:22
eh McCain is just more bush... if you guys are that retarded then lay off the pot lol as for me, i liked dennis kurchach (spelt his last name wrong) and Ron Paul. them them are some americans and ralph nadar :P

You must either know very little about politics, very little about Dennis Kucinich, very little about Ron Paul, or very little about what you actually believe.

Grendel Khan
07-17-2008, 22:16
It's too bad they pushed Ron Paul aside.

Amazing how he won nearly every debate, that would get a small paragraph, and then we'd get huge stories about what Huckabee and McCain did.

As if they weren't making choices by denying attention.

jasonlfunk
07-17-2008, 23:17
It's too bad they pushed Ron Paul aside.

Amazing how he won nearly every debate, that would get a small paragraph, and then we'd get huge stories about what Huckabee and McCain did.

As if they weren't making choices by denying attention.

I agree. I really like what Ron Paul had to say. But he came off to radical - even though that is what we need right now.

Grendel Khan
07-17-2008, 23:54
I didn't agree with all of Ron Paul's Ideas, and honestly, I didn't research all of them, BUT I did find him intelligent, and that he had solid foundations for his opinions, and not due to how many voters they would garner in the upcoming election.

As a Libertarian, I was unable to vote in the primaries in PA, I almost jumped ship so I could vote to try and get Ron Paul at least the chance to be voted for.

some of the N.E> states have it right with allowing "independents" to vote in ONE primary, so that their voice gets heard.

SmarT
07-18-2008, 02:29
actually yah i do know a little some some, i havnt been paying attention since the primaries got over. radical? was not taking on the british empire radical? was not our constitution radical at the time?

Cemetary
07-18-2008, 04:17
Ron Paul was a radical jackass, his ideas were just so ridiculous i cant believe i saw so many of his posters around campus.

I will be voting for mccain. hes a more liberal conservative pulling dangerously close to having moderate opinions on many issues so all around would be a good choice.

In all reality, alot of people can agree with obamas ideas and everything but for some reason, in the state our country is in, i doubt a Muslim black man can win....

jasonlfunk
07-18-2008, 09:39
actually yah i do know a little some some, i havnt been paying attention since the primaries got over. radical? was not taking on the british empire radical? was not our constitution radical at the time?

I completely agree with you about the radical part. My point was that Kunninich and Paul as SO completely polar on their views that it doesn't make sense to say you like both of them as politicians.

-Z-
07-18-2008, 10:16
Ron Paul was a radical jackass, his ideas were just so ridiculous i cant believe i saw so many of his posters around campus.

I will be voting for mccain. hes a more liberal conservative pulling dangerously close to having moderate opinions on many issues so all around would be a good choice.

In all reality, alot of people can agree with obamas ideas and everything but for some reason, in the state our country is in, i doubt a Muslim black man can win....

you forgot to include the fact that Obama eats babies for breakfast.

Z

-Z-
07-18-2008, 10:40

amazingly good point Smart.

radical is why we are here.

Radical is what makes change and progress.

The government is not in good shape... democrats, republicans, its funny, they both speak of responsibilities, fiscal, environmental, social...

But lets face it, America as a country... has been steadily declineing into debt for years, never paying off any of it. It has been destroying its land and plundering its own resources, it has been ignoring the needs of minorities and majorities alike, all this for decades.

there were brief periods when things looked up, but that is because peoples attentions were distracted from the devastation behind the scenes by some shinny objects on the national scene, but all the while the walls that hold up our economy, our culture and our vitality were continuing to be built out of mud and sand.

Al Gore is one guy who sees the environmental side like i DO.

The fact is tat around most of the developed world people have been consuming resources at an unsustainable rate for the last 100 years, increasing in amounts of consumption exponentially as the years passed.

now things are catching up.

Z

SmarT
07-19-2008, 04:26
yes i understand that dennis and paul or polar oppisites... i see it you either have it one way or the other... in between doesnt work and both ways would make our country better. Ron pauls idea of goverment with dennis' view on what that small government should do would be hot lol

nosejam
07-19-2008, 04:55

Z

Why quite plainly? Think of the price of oil if it hadn't. But seriously, I don't think the invasion had to happen. Should have just ordered the assassination of Saddam, much like we should order it on Mugabe. But its obvious the people living there (Iraq, I believe people in Zimbabwe want to be helped) don't want to be helped.

Also John McCain ftw!

jasonlfunk
07-19-2008, 16:53
yes i understand that dennis and paul or polar oppisites... i see it you either have it one way or the other... in between doesnt work and both ways would make our country better. Ron pauls idea of goverment with dennis' view on what that small government should do would be hot lol

One thinks the income tax is illegal, one wants all of your money. :confused:

SmarT
07-19-2008, 21:02
no income tax but tax on profit. i dont believe in taxint the labour but in taxing profit

jasonlfunk
07-19-2008, 23:53
no income tax but tax on profit. i dont believe in taxint the labour but in taxing profit

But then you are only taxing businesses and not individuals, and you're hurting innovation and doing well (more profit you make, the more taxes you pay.)

We should tax consumption, not production.

SmarT
07-20-2008, 00:59
why so the man that makes 10g a year pays more % of his income to taxes then the man who makes 100g?

jasonlfunk
07-20-2008, 23:52
why so the man that makes 10g a year pays more % of his income to taxes then the man who makes 100g?

No - it has nothing to do with how much you make. Just how much you spend. And like now - food and necessities wouldn't be taxed. So it doesn't matter if you make 10g or 100g. You keep what you earn and get taxed on what you spend.

Bram Gotink
07-21-2008, 06:50
Obama

I can't remember why (probably something he said), but I don't like this McCain dude

EDIT: I don't like Obama either, but I don't like McCain more than I don't like Obama

jasonlfunk
07-21-2008, 09:16
Obama

I can't remember why (probably something he said), but I don't like this McCain dude

EDIT: I don't like Obama either, but I don't like McCain more than I don't like Obama

I'm glad you aren't American - though you might be more informed if you were... :)