PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 remembered

BB
09-10-2007, 19:32
I for one will not forget that day. Sat and watched the TV thru the ordeal and was just shocked at what I was seeing.
I hope everyone takes a moment of silence tomorrow to remember those who lost there lives that day and to pray for their families.

Warl0rd
09-10-2007, 19:41
I saw the 2nd plane hitting the tower live on tv, won't forget it either...

Acetriad
09-11-2007, 00:21
I remember fully expecting the government to bump up my training schedule. I woke up from a late night of drinking to him hopping up and down in the living room and yelling for me to come out and look. I still believe that if they had just hit the Whitehouse, the Pentagon, and the Congress building, people wouldn't have been near as upset. Heck, most people don't even remember that the Pentagon DID get hit, and a plane was on its way to either the Whitehouse or the Congress building. What upset people was all the needless civilian casualties. With good reason for that of course.

Mr President
09-11-2007, 17:13
Hard to believe it's been 6 yrs since that day... Seems like it was just
yesterday.

ooga booga
09-11-2007, 17:17
I know, I can still remember the exact time and location when I heard it had happened. Weird to think I was just a few hours away from it, and it's even crazier when my 2 roommates talk about it, since they live right outside the city.

RIP to all the innocent lives that were lost. We will not forget.

k959
09-11-2007, 17:50
i wish i could rember it i have a hard time even remebering my graduation(end of may) let alone 7th grade but i still rember very small things from that day... i hate not being able to rember anything for the most part...

Hoebawt
09-11-2007, 19:40
I saw it on tv live and im only 15 mins away

Satan666
09-12-2007, 00:43
i was sitting in my 7th grade History class, the teacher was nice so all we did was watch TV. Then the admin at my school became $%holes and told us to turn it off.

k959
09-12-2007, 11:38
ya i rember that... wasnt it ms halwick that told us to turn all the tvs off i hated her... ah well i am stilll baned from that school... even tho i am baned from the school grounds i can still get in.

BB
09-12-2007, 13:17
I remember logging onto the computer as I usually do before I grab my morning Pepsi.. Never turned the TV on till a friend from one of my chat communitees messaged me told me turn it on fast. It was just after the first tower was hit and I watched as the second was hit.
That day for some reason my kids didn't go to school. Just that nagging feeling that morning they needed to stay home. And I was glad they did. We all sat and watched as things unfolded and I spent the day trying to explain things to them. Was alot easier me doing it then there heads being filled with nonsense before they got home.
It was a tragic day indeed and a real eye opener for our government who thought we were untouchable.
Alot of changes have been put in place since that day.
Alot of extra incident manegement training we as fireman have to go thru. All persons involved with public service have to go thru the training now. A way of keeping everyone in the country on the same page. Least till the goverment changes the page .

I just hope the next time there hearing word of such things they don't overlook it and t ake things a bit more seriously. Seeing as they had intel on this going to happen before it did.