PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Redemption V1.07

Mr President
04-27-2010, 16:20
A few changes have been made for the next round.

- The newsletter will happen at the end of each round. It will be a quick recap of the round and also any news about Nation-Wars. I would also like to add a interview section, but that will come in time. It will be a basic newsletter, it won't have a ton of fancy pics and designs.. Just a nice layout with information. I have also made a unsubscribe link at the bottom, so those who no longer wish to receive them can simply click the link and unsubscribe.. But really who would want to do that? lol

- Nation Joining! This has been a confusing process for new members and heck even old members. There was too many steps and too many different ways to get in a nation. I have revamped it and I still have a little left to change on it, but right now it's a lot better. (imo)

How it works now is, everything runs through the recruiting link in the menu. If a state who is not in a nation clicks on a nations tag in the scores
it takes them to the nations overview (which also has been revamped) and on the bottom is a tab "Join This Nation" which will take them to the page to either enter a pass or Apply..

Right now if a nation does not have a recruitment thread made (in game) then the Apply tab will not show up, but the password box will still be there. So that way if they don't want to recruit they can still have a simple way for a regular member of that nation to join.

Now if a state clicks on the recruitment tab in the main menu it lists out all the nations in the game (as well as states looking for nations) and on the left it has a view/join tab which will take them to that nations overview page along with the password box or apply tab..

There is no longer a drop down list showing all nations and then having to have the pass and then a apply section ect ect.. There was way too many ways to join a nation and it was confusing.. So now everything comes back to the recruitment page where either the password can be entered or they can click the apply tab if that nation has a recruitment post made.

Now the nice thing is, when a state applies to a nation it automatically sends a message to everyone who has the bank, fa and the army priv as well as the tagholder (leader). This makes sure that those in power can accept or decline a member. The message contains a link that you simply click on right from the message and it takes you right where you need to go to accept or decline. (which is the nations recruitment section) there will no longer be that annoying **Notice** at the top of the members page.

This new feature is nice and user friendly on both the state applying and the nation recruiting. I will be making another change to this, but i don't have time before the round starts so i'll wait and then let you know.

War Statistics- A new page that will be added so if your nation goes to war, you are able to look at the stats. This page will show a large variety of information. All the attacks, the amount of attacks, successful and failed, land destroyed, military destroyed ect ect.. it breaks it all down per state and then at the bottom it totals each column for the nation. it also lists out defending nation stats as well. If a state is dead, it will show up in red like it does on the scores sheets now.

Now there is one major point that i can't stress enough.. this script goes by nation id's for that state. if you are in a war and boot dead states, you will lose that information and the stats will not be correct.. So if your looking for honest stats then you need to keep dead states in the nation. I will work on making a tab in the members area where you can look at that page without seeing all the dead states.. So it will show you just the live states if you select it. That way you can leave dead states without having to look at all the *dead* states.. This page is pretty cool and will be helpful to those who enjoy following the stats of a war your in.

This is not a public feature. Only states inside the warring nations can view these stats. Once the tab is clicked it will list out all the wars you have been in, if they are active or not and then you select one of them and the stats will appear. :)

We had a great set. A couple nice wars, lots of dead states and a lot of activity.. Great job everyone and thank you for playing and sticking with Nation-Wars!

totte
04-27-2010, 17:28
A few changes have been made for the next round.

- The newsletter will happen at the end of each round. It will be a quick recap of the round and also any news about Nation-Wars. I would also like to add a interview section, but that will come in time. It will be a basic newsletter, it won't have a ton of fancy pics and designs.. Just a nice layout with information. I have also made a unsubscribe link at the bottom, so those who no longer wish to receive them can simply click the link and unsubscribe.. But really who would want to do that? lol

- Nation Joining! This has been a confusing process for new members and heck even old members. There was too many steps and too many different ways to get in a nation. I have revamped it and I still have a little left to change on it, but right now it's a lot better. (imo)

How it works now is, everything runs through the recruiting link in the menu. If a state who is not in a nation clicks on a nations tag in the scores
it takes them to the nations overview (which also has been revamped) and on the bottom is a tab "Join This Nation" which will take them to the page to either enter a pass or Apply..

Right now if a nation does not have a recruitment thread made (in game) then the Apply tab will not show up, but the password box will still be there. So that way if they don't want to recruit they can still have a simple way for a regular member of that nation to join.

Now if a state clicks on the recruitment tab in the main menu it lists out all the nations in the game (as well as states looking for nations) and on the left it has a view/join tab which will take them to that nations overview page along with the password box or apply tab..

There is no longer a drop down list showing all nations and then having to have the pass and then a apply section ect ect.. There was way too many ways to join a nation and it was confusing.. So now everything comes back to the recruitment page where either the password can be entered or they can click the apply tab if that nation has a recruitment post made.

Now the nice thing is, when a state applies to a nation it automatically sends a message to everyone who has the bank, fa and the army priv as well as the tagholder (leader). This makes sure that those in power can accept or decline a member. The message contains a link that you simply click on right from the message and it takes you right where you need to go to accept or decline. (which is the nations recruitment section) there will no longer be that annoying **Notice** at the top of the members page.

This new feature is nice and user friendly on both the state applying and the nation recruiting. I will be making another change to this, but i don't have time before the round starts so i'll wait and then let you know.

We had a great set. A couple nice wars, lots of dead states and a lot of activity.. Great job everyone and thank you for playing and sticking with Nation-Wars!

sweet as ;)

Mr President
04-27-2010, 20:20
I updated my original post.. I forgot to mention the new war statistics page.

Missionary
04-28-2010, 01:00
so with the war stats, it shows what war attacks each state within each nation has done? does it only show your nations stats? like it wont show your enemy nation stats aswel as your nations stats broke down state by state? cos that would just show which active warrers to kill 1st lol.

Mr President
04-28-2010, 18:11
It will show both nations warring stats. yes you can see who is active by the amount of attacks made. All of the information that is provided in this war stats page can be found in the events page. So it's not providing any secret or unfair information. :)

totte
04-28-2010, 18:23
It will show both nations warring stats. yes you can see who is active by the amount of attacks made. All of the information that is provided in this war stats page can be found in the events page. So it's not providing any secret or unfair information. :)
ack ;)

MAGGIO
04-29-2010, 00:20
Good newsletter.

Mr President
04-29-2010, 22:11
The recruitment feature has been modified. Nations will no longer create a recruitment thread. When a new state/member searches the recruitment section they will be able to either apply to your nation or enter a pass if they know it.

If you don't want them in your nation when they apply, simply decline the application.

Having open or closed recruiting was kinda confusing and pointless. So now it is just one step easier for nations and members.

If someone applies, you receive a message with a link that will take you to the page to either accept or decline.

States/members can get to the recruiting page by either clicking on the recruiting tab in the main menu or by looking at your nation from any of the scores pages and clicking on the Join this Nation tab. (that only appears in the scores pages if they are not currently in a nation)

Magalya2
05-01-2010, 13:24
A good change with the recruiting Mr President :)

I was confuse with the way it was working ( thought i am confused easily :p )

Great Newsletter btw :)

Lady Mags ☼

Mr President
05-04-2010, 19:49
Now that some of you have used the new recruiting method, do you like it? Do you feel it's easier than before?

BeeNo
05-10-2010, 20:55
yes mr president! much more straight forward. its not just good! its awsome!!!!

Vortex
05-12-2010, 03:36
I concur. Since Im lazy i can only aprove the new method :)