PDA

View Full Version : Pen n Teller Bull****

Blackwater
07-27-2008, 16:34
http://beta.vreel.net/watch_20885.html

About "Being Green" :rolleyes:

Appletanks
07-28-2008, 04:23
This is an amazing show, and really everyone should watch it. All of it. Yeah.

MAGGIO
07-28-2008, 17:28
love the show!!!!! or should i say SHO

KLL
07-28-2008, 19:06
So i am writing this while actually watching it.

and first of, yea its funny
but then it struck me.. its not very well researched at all. Global warming is a scam, but the problem is the greenhouse effect. He should look that one up. The chart that weathreman, with the average temperature and solar activiy actually supports the greenhouse effect theory (if you'd go and draw in a moving average in that statistic.. you'd actually see that the average temperature IS rising. but then again, i'm sure the weatherman probably hasn'T studied statistics...)

wtf is eco anxiety.. msut be an american thing LOL what idiot actually buy into that?

The term naturaly caused carbon monoxide must be used with caution. I can't REALLY belive that 3% thing, but it is true that all cows put together actually produce more greenhouse efect stimulatign gas than all cars on the world put together. So that would technicaly make cow farts natural? No, as 99.9999% of all cows are bred for human consumption. Forest fires are almost always also caused by human influence, so there is another "naturaly caused" carbon monoxide source caused by humans :P (loved the civilised debate he had with that wierd bear tho)

Buying a plant would be a much better way to remind one of nature because.. its acually a living beeing and it consumes carbon monoxide and transforms it into co2. so they'd actually be combating 'global warming'
And if that think tank guy is not their only source, couldn't hurt to mention the others... i'd like to know.

Atmosclear is from what i'Ve seen a company that invests your "credit" into projects, which then pay back after a certain amount of time. So its basicaly some private equity savings fund. A sound idea. Looks like someoen paying into that can actually make money off it if their investments go the right way. No idea what those people from Bull**** are onto, apparantly didn't research it at all. Well appart fromthe seeming lack of SEC oversigt (only skimed the site)

Not sure about what that supposed bill from al gore thats suppsoed to rise the global oil price is.. but i'm pretty sure that it will not impact the global oil price, seeign that there is no direct correlation to it. and i'm pretty sure that those farmers they showed that survived millenia on subsitence farming and have never in their history needed oil for that are not going to start because they lack somethign they don't need.

you people still use checks? last and only time i EVER saw one and held it in my hands was like 6 years ago in school where we practiced it.. afterwards he told us we were probably not ever gonna use one anyway.

in conclusion.. this show is BULL****
the only thing they got right is that that wierd woman is in fact a freak and that global warming is bull****.. not because its not happening, but because its a misused term.