PDA

View Full Version : Various Taboo actions, like triple tapping and double tapping top ten members

Weisscream
07-28-2008, 23:21
Hi, just wondering why these things are in place.....and if they really should be there.

huntington91
07-29-2008, 00:15
triple tapping is saying war on lol
double tapping does not matter
it doesn't matter if they are in top ten either way

Mahdi
07-29-2008, 00:32
double tapping within the top 10 is a retalliatory offense... and these were placed by the community as a whole at one point to limit amount of damage taken during an SA and that double tapping is usually worthless when it comes to land gain

Saunders241
07-29-2008, 00:35
Nothing against Huntington's response, but here's the way I understand it (why they were put in)...and feel free to correct me on this if I get something wrong (since i wasn't around when they were made)

Triple or more taps within 36 hours: Helps keep the overall damage one person can take during a non-war time down to a reasonable limit, and keeps one person or a group of people from just feeding on one person nonstop without ever having a chance to recover...of course that goes out the window during war time, along with any limits on attack types.

Double Taps in top 10: I guess since everything at that level of the scoreboard is so, increased I guess you could say. A double tap could cause a major shift in land and networth (easily dropping a top 5 player out of the top 10 or further down the scoreboard perhaps) that it was agreed that it wouldn't be allowed.

I take it you're new to the game, so just to throw in other "taboo" actions (to use your word) that might not be obvious to a new player....The only attack allowed outside of war is Standard Attacks, and the only spy action is the basic spy ops...anything else will at the least get you hammered or start a war, and at most get you killed pretty quickly. If I missed anything (or messed anything up) feel free to correct me....

Missionary
07-29-2008, 06:49
both of them were put in place just to limit the amount of units lost during attacks.

although i dont agree with the top10 being given differnt rules just because of there position. i mean under 100 rank people dont say you cant quad me do they lol.

Crimson Shadow
07-29-2008, 09:09
although i dont agree with the top10 being given differnt rules just because of there position. i mean under 100 rank people dont say you cant quad me do they lol.

People under 100 rank don't lose millions of units per attack either ;)

Norrisville
07-29-2008, 14:24
He's not totally new, but I talked to him about this and he was just wondering about the unwritten code thing, but you guys answered it pretty well.

swede7
07-29-2008, 14:45
I think double tapping in the top ten should be allowed. In certain cases like this set, you can get tons of land from people so it is definitely worthwhile and if you are trying to gain on someone or keep a lead double tapping is a good way to make them lose net without using an AA. Besides, how can one just decide to draw a line at 10th place? There is little difference between 10th and 11th or 15th.

I think triple tapping is dumb, very rarely is it really worthwhile and it hurts both states. just kinda excessive.

Weisscream
07-29-2008, 17:21
I suppose I don't really get the difference between one person triple tapping or more, and 3 different people hitting that person. The attacked loses a similar amount of networth regardless! So why should there be a rule against it? You should redo the rule to say, no hitting of a state if they already have 3 hits on them, or whatever number you choose. I don't know....to me it seems all a bit wishy washy

Norrisville
07-29-2008, 19:26
I think double tapping in the top ten should be allowed. In certain cases like this set, you can get tons of land from people so it is definitely worthwhile and if you are trying to gain on someone or keep a lead double tapping is a good way to make them lose net without using an AA. Besides, how can one just decide to draw a line at 10th place? There is little difference between 10th and 11th or 15th.

I think triple tapping is dumb, very rarely is it really worthwhile and it hurts both states. just kinda excessive.

less gb up there i guess. and they have to draw the line somewhere. there will always be the argument that the guy one place below the line is the same as the one at the line, no matter where the line is.

Raul
08-02-2008, 07:15
double tap SHOULD be aloud in top ten, lososing million is relative to a 100-200 ranks members loosing hundreds

Devil
08-02-2008, 12:28
double tapping does not matter
it doesn't matter if they are in top ten either way

O really? Double tap a top10 LoR member and we will see how well your theory works out

These Guidelines are in place for a few reasons:
1. Triples can be seen as farming. If your a nation and you get farmed you'd expect them to have your back
2. Double Tapping in top 10 id say is worse than a triple. Double tapping in top 10 is just going to let the #1 indy get huge and ruin all competion. Also it would be another way to ensure that the the #1 guy just doesnt farm down the competition so that his other nation mates can Get highter rank and NW.
3. Double Tapping in top 10 last part of the set. Destroys ALOT of NW. due to people have alot more units and more losses. Not to mention the amount of land their looser per grab compared to the beginning of the set.

::LD::GrimReapr
08-02-2008, 15:09
its a chain top 10 tap ppl all the time to keep net worth.but people outside top 10 cant double ppl in top ten is a crock of doodie so the 11th guy can be double tapped even tho he is only say 110k net worth behind number 10 are you ****ting me.i know if i get to 11th again and get the oppurtunity where i can actually hit someone in top 10 ill double tap if i am gona get good land from the second grab.whats good for the goose is good for the gander ive been doubled by top ten more than once so if we gonna enforce the rules of no double tapping top 10 you need to come up with something for the guys lower on the list where they get tapped constantly gentlemans rules my eye.:wall::wall::wall:

Max Logan
08-02-2008, 15:24

if someone double me for 10k, I`d be very annoyed!

And besides, none of you sees the point of these 'rules'

swede7
08-03-2008, 11:48
2. Double Tapping in top 10 id say is worse than a triple. Double tapping in top 10 is just going to let the #1 indy get huge and ruin all competion. Also it would be another way to ensure that the the #1 guy just doesnt farm down the competition so that his other nation mates can Get highter rank and NW.

It's not always like that though. Last set one of the states in horde was the only person able to break the #1 state. After doing it every 36 hours for a couple days he decided he didn't like the rule so he went on a rampage breaking all the rules.

He's a n00b and wrecked his state doing it but I can see the reason it would be frustrating. He could have taken #1 if he was allowed to do more SA's on the states around him.

Divine Intervention
08-03-2008, 12:12
and would he have been able to keep breaking had the 3 states above him decided to farm him down?

The Legend
08-03-2008, 13:18
and would he have been able to keep breaking had the 3 states above him decided to farm him down?
Quoted for truth.
A few top 10 states working together without restrictions can beat down anyone trying to enter, allowing room for even more of their nation's states to come in.