PDA

View Full Version : Some new things that are headed our way...

Mr President
07-29-2008, 01:52
This is just an update on some things that you will be seeing soon.

-The Scores pages are getting a total rework. The ones we have now are ok and work, but they are very simple. Dboz has offered to throw in some of his expertise and will be helping me make a whole new, extremely nice scores section. It will have a lot more info. Most attacks, most defends, most AA's stuff like that. I will also be making it so you can look back at YOUR past history. Nations you were in, what your overview looked liked ect ect.. This all will be done in 3 stages. Next set, the first stage will be implemented. There will now be a added page that you will be taken to before actually getting to the game. On this page it will have the admin announcements to start, but then as we move forward more things will be added as well.

-The Dev team is working on random factors for spies. And we may possibly be changing how the spies work. making upgrading them more effective, making it a better reason to upgrade. it's still in the early stages, but it is being worked on among a few other things.

-Starting next set, all the rounds will be 27 days long. This gives 3-4 days between sets. Unfortunately, the downtime between this set and next will be short. But this is the last time.. I messed up when i set the stop time for this round. I forgot to calculate in the 12 extension.. So now this round will end a little later then i originally thought.. Won't happen again.

-Vendetta and Resurrection files have been separated. So now when you log into Vendetta, the page titles no longer say resurrection and neither do the banners.

-I haven't exactly decided how or what we will use, but i plan on setting up community meetings where every NW member is allowed to join in and give opinions on current game issues or things they would like to see. I have a few ideas and once i make a decision i'll let you know. During these meetings i will randomly give out prizes to the members who show.

- I will soon have a donation recognition page done as well. We have one for prem members, but this one will be for donations only. Any member who donates to NW will have there name put up on a wall with any added info they want, and the amount they have donated and it will remain forever.

- In a couple of months (maybe less) i will have completed a server for "weekend tournaments". How this will work is, it will start on Friday and end on Sunday of a certain weekend of certain months. Might happen twice a month, might only happen every other month. They will be announced with plenty of notice.. But it will NOT be a every weekend thing. I'm not going to fill you in on all the details yet, but some of the things will be like each member starts with 5000 turns, No restarts... You will have 3 days and 5k turns to take the top spot. Winners of these tournaments will get a 3 month premium acct and there name on a new tournament wall that will be made.. And it will live there for the life of the game.

As changes happen, i will keep you all informed..

thanks

Foxhound
07-29-2008, 01:54
that all sounds great

and i look foward to the whole community chat thing i remember that in wow and it was a lot of fun

Mahdi
07-29-2008, 02:31
Great work comes from Great Minds.... everything sounds just dandy Mr. P

-Chris-
07-29-2008, 03:11
:dblthumbup:

k959
07-29-2008, 03:53
question dose buying credits count as donating as well because i would like to see my name up their with how much i have spent... i still dont remeber the exact number

DBozMen
07-29-2008, 07:22
yup yup, the new scores are gonna be great :).

and on the other things, keep them coming!

Divine Intervention
07-29-2008, 07:33
yey see some of my suggestions there :p

Crimson Shadow
07-29-2008, 09:06
Sounds great Mr P :thumbup:

Mr President
07-29-2008, 12:43
question dose buying credits count as donating as well because i would like to see my name up their with how much i have spent... i still dont remeber the exact number

I think i might include credit purchases as donations. I am hoping i can go back and find all the transactions though..

L P
07-29-2008, 13:27
For the record, I fully support and endorse Donations made to support this site and Mr. P's Hello Kitty fetish.:dblthumbup:

As always, I do not support efforts the promote In Game Donations.:thumbdown:

Missionary
07-29-2008, 13:34
those sound great, espically the tournaments.

Norrisville
07-29-2008, 14:12
excellent, mr p :D

weve come a long way since NW started

northbabylon
07-29-2008, 18:43
sounds great pres, keep up the good work. :dblthumbup:

Saunders241
07-30-2008, 13:28
Gotta agree with everyone on how great the changes are....

just curious, any plans for that 3rd server while the 3 day tournaments aren't happening....perhaps open testing of new changes, or maybe, just maybe, nation vs nation tournaments?

Mr President
07-30-2008, 14:11
Stats for July have been posted!

@ saunders, no when the tournaments are not happening the server will remain closed..

Perhaps down the road it might open up for a screw off server or even your nation v nation idea.. but we can't let to many good things happen at once, we won't have anything left for later on :p

KLL
07-30-2008, 14:25
When will the new scores page come?

Mr President
07-30-2008, 14:42
hoping to have them done sometime this set.

-Z-
07-30-2008, 17:05
Pimpin Prez, pimpin.

The tourneyz sound very interesting.

Z

Mr President
07-30-2008, 21:14
In order for us to be on the right track, the next round has to start a little sooner then normal.. After we get past this round, there will always be a 3-4 day span between sets..

So we just need to make it one more round.. Sorry the next one is starting so quickly.. :blush: my bad!

Crimson Shadow
07-30-2008, 21:15
August also has 31 days, so you could have had it start on the 2nd and it would have balanced out :P

Mr President
07-30-2008, 21:25
It is starting on the 2nd..

The round will start in 1 days and 23 hours and 36 minutes.

Crimson Shadow
07-30-2008, 22:00
Ah lol

Mr President
07-31-2008, 03:42
The Donation section is up. You can only access it from the login page at this time.. It is as far as i got with it.. And well it's almost 3am here and i'm going to bed.. So i'll add it to the rest of the pages tomorrow lol..

Premium account members have had a listing, so i thought it would also be nice to give a section to those who have donated money to help keep the game going too.

Thank you to all who have purchased a premium account and or to all who have donated.. Without you, we wouldn't be here!

:dblthumbup:

Mr President
08-01-2008, 01:15
Manual, Bank and Tax & Production pages are now able to be accessed prior to the round starting.

You still have to wait till the round starts to set your dispatch.

Crimson Shadow
08-01-2008, 09:28
Thanks mr p :)

k959
08-02-2008, 04:39
ya your donation page needs updating mr p... just thought i would let u know