PDA

View Full Version : Our First advertising customer!!!

Mr President
08-01-2008, 15:20
I am happy to report that Nation-Wars has sold it's first ad space..

And i have to say, it was a grand idea..

Cemetary has paid for some space to advertise that his nation is recruiting.. :dblthumbup:

All non premium account member will now see this ad at the bottom of every page.

Nice thinking Cem.. And thanks for advertising with Nation-Wars!!!

KLL
08-01-2008, 15:20
can you also posit it for us premiums to see?

Divine Intervention
08-01-2008, 15:25
can you also posit it for us premiums to see?

the one we have atm isn't very good :p
we are working on a more flashier/better one :)

-Z-
08-01-2008, 17:06
We can now pay for ingame advantages...

hmmmmm....

this is a 1st...

Not sure how much I like it...

Maybe once I get some Income I suppose I can compete.

how much is it, for what size, etc.?

and are there any other perks available for purchase?

What if 10 nations all purchase ads...?

will prices go up?

where will u put them all?

Z

Dogma
08-01-2008, 17:29
As I understand it, this is only ad space available for advertising. You purchase the advertisement space and I am assuming that if there are more than one, it would liikely rotate between ads or something such as that.

The ad space is strictly an income base for the servers and the game. It really isn't a "perk" for sale, as I wouldthink any acceptable ad may be displayed on the site.

Minimus
08-01-2008, 17:34
Can I post a personal?

KLL
08-01-2008, 17:38
Can I post a personal?

i'd assume so as long as its not undecent

-Z-
08-01-2008, 17:47
so how much is an ad?

Z

MAGGIO
08-01-2008, 18:19
so how much is an ad?

Z

Typically that is between the owner of the site and the advertiser. You may want to contact mr p via pm or email to ask that question. I would also assume that this advertising system has not been completely set up so I would assume that any resonable offer would be accepted. but typcally ads are based on ad views or CPM. For example a typical cost would be $10 per cpm or $10 every time your add is shown 1000 times.

But again I think it would only be respectful to neg prices privately.

KelpKris
08-01-2008, 18:22
The banner really looks like some 4-year-old did it :P
As far as I know png has an ability to have transparent background so this banner wouldn't look so crappy with the other themes except black.
And btw I think paint sucks (or whatever basic paint program is used on Mac) if your IQ is more than 20 or so :D

KLL
08-01-2008, 18:36
apparantly doesn't display on forums

Missionary
08-01-2008, 22:58
aww, i wonna see it :(

MAGGIO
08-01-2008, 23:17
open the game and let it sit for a while and it will log you out of your account, but you can still navigate the game

its not worth the look right now. the need seans help bad.

Mr President
08-01-2008, 23:40
We can now pay for ingame advantages...

hmmmmm....

this is a 1st...

Not sure how much I like it...

Maybe once I get some Income I suppose I can compete.

how much is it, for what size, etc.?

and are there any other perks available for purchase?

What if 10 nations all purchase ads...?

will prices go up?

where will u put them all?

Z

There is no advantage other then he is legally paying to put up a recruiting banner. When cem first hit me up on it, i thought it was a great idea and can't believe myself or anyone else didn't ever think about it.

Right now ad space is limited. At most (if it didn't look crappy) there would be room for 6 ads. Size has to be 234x60 and it has to be in jpg or gif. The reason it is in png at the moment is cause i am testing a few things.

Now, if this idea takes off and people want to do it. I'm thinking of maybe making a "Ad recruitment" page ingame. The whole page would be filled with banners asking you to join. The game already has a recruitment program, but this would allow people to make banners that would be posted on a single page. If we did it this way, then there would be a set price.. But let's see if cemetary's idea interest anyone else..

Can I post a personal?

As long as it's clean and links to a clean site you can do as you want..

so how much is an ad?

Z

Seeing we are just starting out with all this and i don't have a counter or anything set up yet (in progress) ad space is pretty cheap. If you want a quote send me a PM and i'll give it to you.

As far as I know png has an ability to have transparent background so this banner wouldn't look so crappy with the other themes except black.
And btw I think paint sucks (or whatever basic paint program is used on Mac) if your IQ is more than 20 or so :D

If you read the first part of this thread you will see that they said it needs a lot of work. I needed to get something up, so cem just through it together quickly.. I am not responsible for making these ads. You have to make them.

Cemetary
08-02-2008, 01:34

lol i got pres' message saying he needed the ad banner so he could put it up this morning.. i was already 10 minutes late for work so i spent a good 25-30 seconds making a paint banner, and as anton said, we are currently working on a permanent recruitment banner that will e alot better than the current 4 year old one. but i figure it will work for the time being until we finish our new one

MAGGIO
08-02-2008, 02:07
ask sean he is great at this stuff...So far the best i have seen from any of our members is his work.

Cemetary
08-05-2008, 16:09
yea ive tried contacting him btu havent been successful, mr p actually told me he does great work