PDA

View Full Version : Title of new 'Indiana Jones' revealed

MAGGIO
09-14-2007, 10:38
NEW YORK (AP) -- The title of the new "Indiana Jones" movie, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford, has been revealed.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be in theaters May 22, 2008.

The title of the long-awaited fourth installment of the adventure series was announced by Shia LaBeouf, who co-stars with Ford in the film, at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.

The new Indy adventure, which is set in the 1950s, also stars Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent and Karen Allen.

Sean Connery, who played dad to Ford's globe-trotting archaeologist in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," will not reprise the role in the new movie.

The series began in 1981 with "Raiders of the Lost Ark," followed by "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" in 1984.

In promotional photos, the 65-year-old Ford appears fit as ever.

"I have to say, he looks amazing," Kathleen Kennedy, the film's co-executive producer, along with George Lucas, told The Associated Press in July. "He looks fantastic in the outfit."

Mr President
09-14-2007, 10:52
looking forward to seeing it..

Missionary
09-14-2007, 13:55
hes gotta be way to old for it. its like rocky in rocky 5. way past there sell by dates but to sturborn to admit it.

Hoebawt
09-14-2007, 18:33
"I have to say, he looks amazing," \

fruitcake

Acetriad
09-15-2007, 02:00
Well, at least people still watch Indiana Jones, and Harrison Ford is still makeing movies. Stalone disapeared off the map and he's been trying to make a comeback in recent years. I still remember when he came out with his "InStone" line of products. All sorts of body-building supplements with the price jacked sky-high. I just watched the price slowly drop, and eventually they got stuck in the "soon to expire" section and I think we sold a few then... at vastly discounted prices lol. At least Ford still has a chance. I wonder if they could get him for some of the later star-wars episodes. It does make some sense, Han is a bit older later in the series. Be interesting to see Luke attempting to rebuild the Jedi order and see what kind of technical eye-candy they can do with things like the sun-crusher.

Missionary
09-15-2007, 21:33
you honestly think george lucas would alow a remaking of the older star wars episodes? i dont think so some how.

also, why wouldnt harison ford go the same way stalone went? ford has done well not releasing any action films, or at least films where he has been the main action star for somwiles. or at least as far as i know.

Hoebawt
09-15-2007, 22:02
no fool he means the next chapters of the story after the last movie... where Luke Re establish the jedi... Han solo has kids wit his sister who are very strong.... the story doenst end with the death of vader

Acetriad
09-16-2007, 00:07
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I meant. The actors are older, but so are the characters. There is ALOT that goes on after Return. (For that matter there is alot that goes on in between Empire and Return, but that would be much harder to pull off.)

Missionary
09-17-2007, 06:10
i though he only worte 6 of them? :mellow:

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 11:03
i honestly hope Harrison pulls it off, should be good to see.