PDA

View Full Version : Russia Invades Georgia!

-Z-
08-08-2008, 10:28
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

wow

Z

Divine Intervention
08-08-2008, 10:40
about ****ing time.
im 1/4 Georgian but that country is led by ****ing ******bag USA **** suckers.
probably provoked the attack as well. thanks for telling us Z, im gonna go look
for some reliable sources to find out whats been happening.

KLL
08-08-2008, 10:50
thank god we didn't let georgia into NATO

and the UNSC remains impotent.

KLL
08-08-2008, 10:51
some interestign images:
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-34030.html

Divine Intervention
08-08-2008, 10:53
Free South Osetia from Georgian opperssion!

KLL
08-08-2008, 10:55
Free South Osetia from Georgian opperssion!

well they ARE de-facto independant...
so what exactly sohuld be be freed from?

oh btw, even Russia condemed the last referendum for independance

Divine Intervention
08-08-2008, 10:59
they are oppressing them now aren't they? we need to free them from that ;)

KLL
08-08-2008, 11:01
they are oppressing them now aren't they? we need to free them from that ;)

no they're doing what they'Re allowed to do by international law.

Divine Intervention
08-08-2008, 11:02
no they're doing what they'Re allowed to do by international law.

diffrent rules for everyone in this world :crying:
Russian peacekeepers and citizens are being killed. should not be tolerated. our constitution protects them.
i feel sorry for Georgian people for being ruled by such idiots.

DBozMen
08-08-2008, 11:23
it's just tobad it had too happen during the opening of the olympics... it almost seems planned this way.

anyway i have read that 90% of Osetia has a Russian passport.

KLL
08-08-2008, 11:25
it's just tobad it had too happen during the opening of the olympics... it almost seems planned this way.seeing the fighting has been going for over a week now, i doubt it was planned

well they were originaly Georgians but got fast tracked for an russian citizenship...

KLL
08-08-2008, 11:27
diffrent rules for everyone in this world :crying:
Russian peacekeepers and citizens are being killed. should not be tolerated. our constitution protects them.
i feel sorry for Georgian people for being ruled by such idiots.

there is no evidence of russian peace keepers beeig nintentionaly killed
the russian peace keepers supposedly started shootign at georgians a week ago

and the russians are invading soverign territory of antoher country.. territory that is recognized by the entrie UN, including Russia as Georgian.

jasonlfunk
08-08-2008, 17:24
crazy

-Z-
08-08-2008, 17:29
crazy

indeed

Don't **** with Russia!

Z

DBozMen
08-08-2008, 18:20
I just read that Georgia is preparing to declare war on Russia... This is going to end bad!

-Z-
08-08-2008, 18:33
I just read that Georgia is preparing to declare war on Russia... This is going to end bad!

wow, if u get this info for sure, plz post it.

im shareing this with my dad who is all about war.

Z

KLL
08-08-2008, 18:35

they'Re de-facto at war already. and thank god that NATO didn'T accept georgia as member yet, otherwise we'd be at war with russia.

Georgia even called back their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan

Tskhinvali is pretty much in ruins

Raul
08-08-2008, 19:15
Its all Maggios Fault

DBozMen
08-08-2008, 19:43
wow, if u get this info for sure, plz post it.

im shareing this with my dad who is all about war.

Z

it's from a dutch news site :), so i doubt if you can read it :P

they'Re de-facto at war already. and thank god that NATO didn'T accept georgia as member yet, otherwise we'd be at war with russia.

Georgia even called back their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan

Tskhinvali is pretty much in ruins

Yes indeed! let's just hope for the best

Disorder
08-08-2008, 22:27
Did I see on the news the US was sending an Envoy that way?

Disorder
08-08-2008, 22:51
Did I see on the news the US was sending an Envoy that way?

I got this off MSN.com..

The United States was sending in its top Caucasus envoy, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Matthew Bryza, to try to end the bloodshed.

L P
08-08-2008, 22:54
Its all Maggios Fault

Finally, Something not being blamed on George W. Bush.

Blackwater
08-09-2008, 03:39
it's just tobad it had too happen during the opening of the olympics... it almost seems planned this way.

Well the thing is, most of those people are in fact Russian. When Georgia was part of the Soviet Union people from Russia migrated there. Now you have a large population in a region of your country that is more nationalistic towards Russia then their own nation. Problems bound to happen.

I hope the UN condemns Russia as much as they did Israel during the Israel-Lebanon War. I mean they already killed as many people as Israel did in one day and they're targeting economic structures not just military ones in Georgia. Thousands will die by the time this ends :thumbdown:

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 07:05
Well the thing is, most of those people are in fact Russian. When Georgia was part of the Soviet Union people from Russia migrated there. Now you have a large population in a region of your country that is more nationalistic towards Russia then their own nation. Problems bound to happen.

I hope the UN condemns Russia as much as they did Israel during the Israel-Lebanon War. I mean they already killed as many people as Israel did in one day and they're targeting economic structures not just military ones in Georgia. Thousands will die by the time this ends :thumbdown:

Georgia is the one invading :closedeyes::confused:

KLL
08-09-2008, 07:12
Georgia is the one invading :closedeyes::confused:

invading their own country:sleep:

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 07:57
invading their own country:sleep:

well maybe they will think about killing Russian citizens and Russian peacekeepers in "their territory".

KLL
08-09-2008, 08:44
well maybe they will think about killing Russian citizens and Russian peacekeepers in "their territory".

as i said, the russians citizens were shooting at georgian ones

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 08:47
as i said, the russians citizens were shooting at georgian ones

**** ****ers wtf they think they are doing protecting themselves :cursing:

KLL
08-09-2008, 08:50
**** ****ers wtf they think they are doing protecting themselves :cursing:

well going into georgia and shooting at georgians is a bit more than self protection is it not?

russia seems to be bombing civilian infrastructure in georgia outside of the conflic zone

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 09:04
well going into georgia and shooting at georgians is a bit more than self protection is it not?

russia seems to be bombing civilian infrastructure in georgia outside of the conflic zone

****, looks like Georgia didn't know what it got itself into :unsure::w00t:

KLL
08-09-2008, 09:06
****, looks like Georgia didn't know what it got itself into :unsure::w00t:

you'Re funny when you'Re angry

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 09:08
you'Re funny when you'Re angry

lol, why would i be angry? im very happy with the current situation.
id be angry if Russia did nothing. but atm im very happy :).

KLL
08-09-2008, 09:09
lol, why would i be angry? im very happy with the current situation.
id be angry if Russia did nothing. but atm im very happy :).

well you do have some subtle hidden deteste for the georgians

Divine Intervention
08-09-2008, 09:10
well you do have some subtle hidden deteste for the georgians

therefore this current situation pleases me greatly.

Norrisville
08-09-2008, 19:26
That picture angered me, saw the video of her with like 3 or 5 camera men just taking pictures of her instead of actually helping her. Making a living off of their suffering :thumbdown:

thats some ridiculous **** right there. makes me sick to my stomach

Disorder
08-09-2008, 23:50
:thumbdown:

I would invite a mod to delete those pictures!

-Chris-
08-09-2008, 23:54
:thumbdown:

I would invite a mod to delete those pictures!
I'd second that invitation >>>

KLL
08-10-2008, 06:15
why? because you jsut wanna talk about war and without beeing reminded of the reality?

KLL
08-10-2008, 07:12
Abkhazia is mobilising.
Russian Black Sea fleet is mobilised.
Reports say that this might drag the Ukraine into the confli´ct.

Disorder
08-10-2008, 07:35
why? because you jsut wanna talk about war and without beeing reminded of the reality?

Because there are kids here whom may not need to see images like that.

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 07:41

yeah, there's no reason for Chris to be exposed to images like that.

KLL
08-10-2008, 07:46

in msot of the world there is no age restriction on news :confused:
and that image is from a news site
are you also saying that kids should not be allwoed to watch the news? because we got those kind of things on news channels 24/7

Disorder
08-10-2008, 07:51
Im not discussing what should or should not be here,there or anywhere else, my opinion was that image should be deleted. That is it.

KLL
08-10-2008, 07:51
Im not discussing what should or should not be here,there or anywhere else, my opinion was that image should be deleted. That is it.

well, thats retarded.

and not to mention that its censorship

you got kids runnign allover with sigs of tanks and jets, people who think war is cool, and go out with their sof airs and have backyard battles.. but god forbid anybody show them that war isn'T cool. let them grow up thinking that war is all fun and games and then you got mroe than enuogh guys lining up to join the military with 17 because they think its fun and only see the truth when they end up in iraq with mates dying all around them.

KLL
08-10-2008, 08:27
since apparantly some here refuse to see what war looks like...
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-34079.html#backToArticle=571074
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-34030.html#backToArticle=571026
for those who don't wanna keep thinking war is something to cheer about

ranger2112
08-10-2008, 10:06
KLL, i 100% back you in your last couple of posts. it goes to what I was saying in another thread. (drugs) you cannot police up everyone's life and hide what "YOU" think they shouldnt see or hear...we do sometimes need to be reminded that the "cool" video game killing tons of people and blowing stuff up is only fun in a game not in real life.

KLL
08-10-2008, 13:29
Georgia retreats and offers truce, rejected by Russia.
Russia sets up a sea blockade.
Russia continues to bomb Georgian cities.
Several Georgian cities burning.
Rumours that Russia wants to annex the whole of Georgia.
USA threatens Russia.

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 13:52
Georgia retreats and offers truce, rejected by Russia.
Russia sets up a sea blockade.
Russia continues to bomb Georgian cities.
Several Georgian cities burning.
Rumours that Russia wants to annex the whole of Georgia.
USA threatens Russia.

:dblthumbup::dblthumbup:

KLL
08-10-2008, 14:46
:dblthumbup::dblthumbup:

happy about still keeping bombing a country after it has basicaly surrendered?

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 15:10
happy about still keeping bombing a country after it has basicaly surrendered?

yes. hopefully this will teach a lesson to all those little ex-ussr *****es who think they can **** around with us. i feel sorry for the Georgian people because they are our brothers, just a shameful regime managed to take control....

Blackwater
08-10-2008, 16:48
I must say Russia is scum for their actions. Georgia is surrendering yet Russia refuses peace and keeps attacking. Anton I'm also suprised by your words. Do you have such a blind nationalistic feelings toward Russia you would cheer such cruelty?

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 16:54
I must say Russia is scum for their actions. Georgia is surrendering yet Russia refuses peace and keeps attacking. Anton I'm also suprised by your words. Do you have such a blind nationalistic feelings toward Russia you would cheer such cruelty?

cruelty is the ethnic cleansing of South Ossetians by Georgia.
their destruction of Hospitals so that wounded counldn't be treated. thats
cruelty.

btw

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080810/ap_on_re_eu/un_georgia_south_ossetia_1;_ylt=AoTQpOd_0KeFJm1X2E YJPw5bbBAF

:huh::huh:

-Z-
08-10-2008, 16:59
USA set the status quo.

USA Invades Iraq for profiteering.

**** I hate American policy.

Z

KLL
08-10-2008, 17:46
yes. hopefully this will teach a lesson to all those little ex-ussr *****es who think they can **** around with us. i feel sorry for the Georgian people because they are our brothers, just a shameful regime managed to take control....

this is Bush all over again... if you'Re pissed with the leaders of a country get rid of them. not kill the people they rule.

Russia is "ready to put an end to the war," said Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin, who also accused the U.N. secretary-general's office of taking Georgia's side.isn'T that the guy who also said in the UNSC that Russia was not able to accept a cease fire?

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 17:55
misinterpretation on your behalf. ceasefire couldnt be accepted because Georgian troops would still be occupying the territory of South Ossetia. Their full withdrawal and return of Status Quo with Russan military prescence to ensure it was acceptable.

KLL
08-10-2008, 18:11
misinterpretation on your behalf. ceasefire couldnt be accepted because Georgian troops would still be occupying the territory of South Ossetia. Their full withdrawal and return of Status Quo with Russan military prescence to ensure it was acceptable.

well they always had been occupying a part of it.. and if russia is really gunning for a status-quo.. there would need to be goergian troops back in South Oessetia again. Its a mute argument.
Russia wanted to process (Medvedev and all others were talkign big about ensuring Geirgia would be punished and would be bobmed back to the stone age so they can't do anythign liek that ever again..) and now suddenly want to talk? Looks like Russia got cold feet to me. Because was Russia was doing looked like strategic bombing and war planning for a longer campaign.

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 18:29
well they always had been occupying a part of it.. and if russia is really gunning for a status-quo.. there would need to be goergian troops back in South Oessetia again. Its a mute argument.
Russia wanted to process (Medvedev and all others were talkign big about ensuring Geirgia would be punished and would be bobmed back to the stone age so they can't do anythign liek that ever again..) and now suddenly want to talk? Looks like Russia got cold feet to me. Because was Russia was doing looked like strategic bombing and war planning for a longer campaign.

hopefully. although getting Georgia to **** off out of South Ossetia is good enough.

KLL
08-10-2008, 19:27
South Ossetia supposedly under Russian control.
Georgian warship sunk.
4000 Russian troops enter Abkhazia.
Georgian administration buildings in Abkhazia bombed by Russian air strikes.
Russia troops moving towards central Georgia.
Gori (Central Georgia) under heavy tank, artillery and missile fire, including air strikes.
Russia denies intentions to invade Georgia.
No communication between Goergian and Russian officials has take nplace since beginning of the conflict.

If thats Russia trying to negociate with Georgira.. I don'T wanna know what russia does when they actually want war. Drop a dozen nukes and then send in troops to stomp the cockroaches?

-Z-
08-10-2008, 20:32
what is the capital of georgia?

Z

Divine Intervention
08-10-2008, 20:56
what is the capital of georgia?

Z

Tbilisi.

@ KLL...yeah, dont mess with Russia i guess :cursing::laugh:

KLL
08-11-2008, 05:49
http://www.cabaal.org/log/uploaded_images/Georgia-730366.jpg

Divine Intervention
08-11-2008, 14:57
i hope President Bush doesn't think theres a conflict in the US state of Georgia :D
although technically Georgia is probably USAs 53 or something state as it is...

Divine Intervention
08-11-2008, 22:56
found this on another forum thought id post it here:

THE IDIOT'S QUICK GUIDE TO THE RUSSIA / GEORGIA CONFLICT

There appears to be an awful lot of confusion surrounding what's actually going on here in this thread, so I'm going to make one brief return here to attempt to explain the situation, point by point:

* The ethnic enmity between Georgians and Ossetians has deep roots that date back to the middle ages. This is one of those situations that is inexplicable to most people in the modern west yet is actually commonplace throughout much of the rest of the world. It's a centuries old ethnic blood feud that will flare up into armed conflict every decade or two and never be fully resolved.

* South Ossetia declared independence from Georgia in the early nineties - after armed conflict - amid the confusion that ensued in the years immediately after the break up of the Soviet Union (Georgia and Ossetia were both at one point a part of the Soviet Union). South Ossetia's independence was not officially recognised by the United Nations, however, the "state" has effectively been governed independently ever since the early nineties under the protection of Russian peacekeeping forces.

* Georgia has never been happy with this situation and regard South Ossetia as part of their territory. However, the Ossetians hate the Georgians and want to have their own autonomous Ossetian state.

* The present conflict was initiated when Georgia finally grew fed up with the situation and invaded South Ossetia. The Georgian invasion took place just days after Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, signed an agreement guaranteeing the autonomous status of South Ossetia. The Georgians pretended to arrive at a resolution and then turned the knife. Make no mistake about it - this conflict was started by the Georgians - whatever is being reported by your local media outlet.

* Russia had already attempted to arrive at a diplomatic solution to the situation, only to be repeatedly rebuffed by the UN. On the morning of August 9th, Russia called an emergency meeting of the UN security council to seek an end to the conflict. The session concluded in a stand off when the Georgians rejected a resolution that would involve both sides "renouncing the use of force". Georgia rejected a diplomatic resolution, not Russia. Georgia were backed by the United States and the United Kingdom in refusing to renounce the use of force.

* Why would the US and the UK support Georgia in rejecting a peaceful resolution? Why do they care about the situation at all? Well the answer is that the Caspian oil pipeline runs directly through Georgia, immediately rendering the state an extremely important and valuable piece of real estate. There's been a tug of war going on over Georgia between Russia and the US ever since the break up of the Soviet Union.

* Current Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, is widely reviled in his own country, used intimidation and fraud to steal the Georgian elections earlier this year and operates as a dictator in all but name. However, he is considered to be sympathetic to Western interests (as opposed to Russian interests) and is therefore backed by the US and their allies.

* Make no mistake, the only reason anybody outside of Ossetia and Georgia cares about this conflict at all, is because of the Caspian oil pipeline. Otherwise, they would be left to quietly butcher each other out of the headlines. There are a thousand ethnic bush wars going on in Africa that never make the news and never merit the interest of foreign powers. That's because these wars take place on worthless real estate. Georgia is worth something, which is why everybody wants a piece of the action.

What's at stake for the parties involved?

Georgia - Mikheil Saakashvili has the opportunity to boost his failing government by reigniting Georgian nationalism through a centuries old ethnic enmity embedded deep in the nation's population. If Georgia can emerge victorious from this conflict, they will have won back a piece of territorty they consider their own - a symbolic victory for national pride. Perhaps more importantly, they will be in a stronger bargaining position on the world stage, firmly within the protective sphere of the West (quite possibly as a NATO member).

South Ossetia - Have the opportunity to reaffirm their independent status on the world stage, with a possible view to reunification with Northern Ossetia and a fully autonomous, re-united Ossetian state at some point in the future. In actual fact, they are going to end up largely controlled by either western-backed Georgians or the Russians. It's a question of the lesser of two evils. The Ossetians consider the Georgians their mortal enemies, so it's not really a difficult decision as to which option they would prefer.

Russia - Georgia's invasion of South Ossetia can now be used as an excuse for Russia to extend their sphere of influence through direct military action. Russia can now push on and seek to depose the present Georgian government and replace it with one more sympathetic to their own interests. This would effectively place leverage over the Caspian oil pipeline back into the hands of Russia and away from the United States.

United States / United Kingdom etc - The reason George Bush is kicking up such a song and dance about Russia's activity in the region, and the reason your local media outlets are taking an anti-Russian stance over the conflict, is because the West stands to lose all influence over Georgia should Russia emerge victorious. The West won't have leverage over Caspian oil any more. And the thing is, there's not a **** thing they can do about it right now. The Western powers are already over committed in the Middle East as it is. They simply do not have the means to focus the kind of attention on this situation that they need to.

Final Outcome

Russia will probably be the biggest winners out of this. It's the general populations of Georgia and Ossetia that will suffer the most. Civilian populations are always hit the hardest in this kind of conflict. Georgia have started a conflict they are going to find very difficult to win. And now Russia can use this to justify a full scale military enforced regime change in Georgia, while the West sits back helpless to intervene.

What you have here is a centuries old tribal blood feud getting mixed up in the international energy resource game and creating a big old mess. And this situation is not going to go away for a very long time.

Mahdi
08-12-2008, 01:02
Long live Mother Russia! i must say it is kind of interesting at the time of start being so close to the olympics makes it so that other countries will be a bit slower/less willing to mobilize as the olympics is such a big deal

Divine Intervention
08-12-2008, 02:50
http://fumpr.com/images/ja9649gwx25j20sykl0q.png

Americans :)

Mahdi
08-12-2008, 02:58
gotta love the Amerikanized ignorance

Satan666
08-12-2008, 03:05
http://fumpr.com/images/ja9649gwx25j20sykl0q.png

Americans :)

I would like to say people like them shouldn't be able to have opinions. I am an actual smart American.

DBozMen
08-12-2008, 06:57
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7555858.stm

Russia said they ended the operations in Georgia... was it because they killed 4 international journalists? or not?