PDA

View Full Version : China VS USA Mens Basketball

-Z-
08-10-2008, 16:44
China opened up with 3 straight 3 pointers!

and lead the game for the 1st 10 mins or so.

Z

El Mestizo
08-10-2008, 16:51
then lost 101-70

USA! USA! USA! USA!

DBozMen
08-10-2008, 17:09
I saw the game and from my perspective China did play a great game.

KLL
08-10-2008, 17:50
didn'T see the first quater and didn'T see the last quater...
but china did lose ground bigtime in the second quater and jsut managed to keep up the rest..

does this sport actually involve any form of strategy or tactics??

jasonlfunk
08-10-2008, 18:11
Yes - basketball does involve quite a bit of strategy. You can see it a lot better with a team that plays together a lot and as a team. When you take all the superstars from the NBA and put them together on a team - you aren't going to have as unified as a team and will get lots more individualism.

KLL
08-10-2008, 18:13
yea looked liek a lot of random peopel hoping aroud nand throwing balls pretty much at random... if at all

-Z-
08-10-2008, 19:58
Yes - basketball does involve quite a bit of strategy. You can see it a lot better with a team that plays together a lot and as a team. When you take all the superstars from the NBA and put them together on a team - you aren't going to have as unified as a team and will get lots more individualism.

Jason is spot on.

U must be a baller?

I am, BBall is my game,

Its quite difficult and u need good reflexes sped cardio, power, the whole shabang.

There are tactics, picks, screens, lots of plays, and fouling.

China did quite well considering USA has the best in the world.

Z

pcgluva
08-10-2008, 20:46
you have to know when to give a foul take a foul, when to attack and then lay back there are many tactics

jasonlfunk
08-10-2008, 23:26
Jason is spot on.

U must be a baller?

I am, BBall is my game,

Its quite difficult and u need good reflexes sped cardio, power, the whole shabang.

There are tactics, picks, screens, lots of plays, and fouling.

China did quite well considering USA has the best in the world.

Z

Football (american) is my game, though I do understand and play basketball every now and then.

Xavior
08-11-2008, 00:06
Sean, i don't think fouling is the most important tactic in basketball ;)

But yes, most of the strategy is setting the pace to your liking -- slowing it down by throwing the ball into the post, or stepping it up by driving with the guards -- and using your team's advantage in scoring -- 3 pt, driving or the post.

I was not surprised by the result, but very surprsied by China's first half play. China has no chance in international basketball as they are a very shallow and small team. Yao Ming is their only effective post, with Yi Jian Lian to support him (Yi and ZhiZhi looked very weak today); they have great guards in Sun Yue and Liu Wei, but they can't drive against the bigger USA guards so they can only shoot 3s. So China can either go to the post in Yao, or shoot 3s. Not a winning combination. Maybe top 7-8 is all they can get.

As USA was much bigger and faster, they just tore the Chinese defense apart. I can't believe my friend bet that USA would win with under 20 pts :P

@ KLL: I think what makes basketball so popular is the individual aspect of the game. You don't need 9 other guys to play, and every shot counts.

KLL
08-11-2008, 03:59
@ KLL: I think what makes basketball so popular is the individual aspect of the game. You don't need 9 other guys to play, and every shot counts.

and thats what makes it boring for me...

but i know i saw a lot of illegal traveling by the US players

DBozMen
08-11-2008, 04:09
and thats what makes it boring for me...

but i know i saw a lot of illegal traveling by the US players

Yeah i saw that aswell, but that's because the international rules and the NBA rules are somewhat different. For example on traveling :) and the 3 point line