PDA

View Full Version : FA of the USA!

DBozMen
08-12-2008, 11:13
Could a FA from the USA contact me asap! Triples in the top10 are not allowed :)

Cemetary
08-12-2008, 11:41
I jsut figured they were giving each other GB since Z and him went back and forth on hits

Mr President
08-12-2008, 12:02
boz, i fwd a message ingame to you.

runbch
08-12-2008, 12:55
um this is getting ridiculous. I guess some people like wasting half a day's worth of turns rebuilding not to mention the military lost.

SA Field of Mars(#)[USA] -Z-(#)[WLF] 940 Land, 15.969 Food 15:44:58-2008/08/12
SA Field of Mars(#)[USA] -Z-(#)[WLF] 1.089 Land, $372.672, 1.312 Food 06:10:43-2008/08/12
SA -Z-(#)[WLF] Field of Mars(#)[USA] 1.086 Land, $1.784.989, 22.953 Food 05:43:24-2008/08/12
SA Field of Mars(#)[USA] -Z-(#)[WLF] 1.143 Land, $493.509, 3.197 Food 03:58:13-2008/08/12
SA -Z-(#)[WLF] Field of Mars(#)[USA] 1.476 Land, $1.620.541, 8.756 Food 00:51:40-2008/08/12
SA Field of Mars(#)[USA] -Z-(#)[WLF] 651 Land, $270.331, 4.791 Food 03:48:16-2008/08/11

-Z-
08-12-2008, 14:05
No Need for concern, I am sorry for not informing my nation mates.

I should have told everyone.

We were just making sure the top 2 states would not get amazing grabs from us.

Close thread plz

Z

Divine Intervention
08-12-2008, 14:18
whilst normally id disapporve of this, i dont because i know Marine Recon and Kanman made a deal not to grab each other so that Viali couldnt catch up with them and that Kanman also hit Athen like 1 hour before his last grab expired so that Viali again wouldn't get good land. so its nice to see someone else do it same to them 2 :D

-Z-
08-12-2008, 14:30
indeed, the top 2 states have a deal.

Z

MarineRecon
08-12-2008, 15:12
when the hell did i make a DNH with kanman???

Divine Intervention
08-12-2008, 15:16
when the hell did i make a DNH with kanman???

when the top HFG state decided not to be grabbed by him for the past 72 hours? If thats not you then you have nothing to worry about.

kanman
08-12-2008, 15:40
whilst normally id disapporve of this, i dont because i know Marine Recon and Kanman made a deal not to grab each other so that Viali couldnt catch up with them and that Kanman also hit Athen like 1 hour before his last grab expired so that Viali again wouldn't get good land. so its nice to see someone else do it same to them 2 :D

nothing wrong with a dnh between friends, it was there no matter what viali did. i did hit athens an hour before his gb, but that was because viali had z give him gb so that evens out.

what is happening now, is a lot of double taps in the top ten. breaking game conventions to deny good hits is an extra step from what we did.

Dogma
08-12-2008, 15:53
however, if the states involved are ok with it, nothing you can say about it. One is no worse than the other, both are wrong, so. Get over it.

kanman
08-12-2008, 16:10
How are they the same? Will the nation of the 2nd ranked state ever retaliate on the number one ranked state because the top state doesn't grab him? How about if a top 10 state is double tapped? or quadruple tapped?

Dnh's either hurt the top state by preventing the land he can gain or doesn't hurt anyone. The number two state will pretty much always run away from the rest of the pack even if he is hit once every 36 hours.

Trading gb in the top 10 hurt states above them that fairly outplayed them and hurts states around them trying to take their spot.

Disorder
08-12-2008, 16:12
Let the two states settle it by aa'ing each other!! lol

Divine Intervention
08-12-2008, 16:14
How are they the same? Will the nation of the 2nd ranked state ever retaliate on the number one ranked state because the top state doesn't grab him? How about if a top 10 state is double tapped? or quadruple tapped?

Dnh's either hurt the top state by preventing the land he can gain or doesn't hurt anyone. The number two state will pretty much always run away from the rest of the pack even if he is hit once every 36 hours.

Trading gb in the top 10 hurt states above them that fairly outplayed them and hurts states around them trying to take their spot.

LoR + HFG vs WLF + USA

Reason for declaration:
you traded GB and denied me a good grab.

:p?

SmarT
08-12-2008, 16:22
i don't see nothing wrong with what any of them did all 4. the double tap rule is a gentleman's rule and can be waved between to states. i applaud these 4 guys with using strategy and their mind.

Max Logan
08-12-2008, 16:27

and?

your pissed cuz they outplayed you. In their place you`de be waving around innocent. Hypo

-Z-
08-12-2008, 17:28
Forgive me if I am wrong Jason... but when it comes to gorilla tactics in this game... you and LOR are King imo!

Was it not you this set who went nation hoping, into INL at 0% tax for a time to help your state?

controversial?

Yes.

We are both (The other "offending state" and myself) just trying to compete on fair grounds...

I would prefer to have such tactics not used at all...

But since everyone else is using strange tactics , I do not see why I should not be.

Need further examples?

Dak:

SA Free Nation(#xxx)[DAK] Mucho Dinero(#xxx) 252 Land, 373 Science, $397.065, 3.849 Food 18:50:00-2008/08/10
SA Free Nation(#xxx)[DAK] Mucho Dinero(#xxx) 378 Land, 377 Science, $409.345, 3.888 Food 18:49:53-2008/08/10
SA Free Nation(#xxx)[DAK] Mucho Dinero(#xxx) 621 Land, 381 Science, $422.005, 3.928 Food 18:49:49-2008/08/10
SA Free Nation(#xxx)[DAK] Mucho Dinero(#xxx) 1.227 Land, 384 Science, $435.057, 3.967 Food 18:49:46-2008/08/10
SA Free Nation(#xxx)[DAK] Mucho Dinero(#xxx) 2.950 Land, 388 Science, $448.512, 4.007 Food 18:49:42-2008/08/10

Mucho Dinero was ranked #2 state. he put all his military on the PM, joined [Haj] and informed Free nation to grab him at 0gb.

which he promptly did, and gained 5k land.

How cool?

Kanman, I consider u a friend, and I am not trying to do things that specifically harm your state!

Z

Dogma
08-12-2008, 18:37
Well, as a wise man once told me, What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. If the 2 states involved and their respective nations are ok with it, all you can do is war them over it, or try something else to try and regain your advantage.

kanman
08-12-2008, 18:42
No hard feelings Z, I understand what you're doing. Wasn't going to say anything until this thread showed up.

All I was trying to say was that there is a difference to me, in gaining an advantage inside the game's informal rules, like switching nations for tax reasons, and outside it, like quadruple taps in the top 10 or in free nation's case, 5 hits.

-Chris-
08-12-2008, 18:43
No hard feelings Z, I understand what you're doing. Wasn't going to say anything until this thread showed up.

All I was trying to say was that there is a difference to me, in gaining an advantage inside the game's informal rules, like switching nations for tax reasons, and outside it, like quadruple taps in the top 10.
Pretty sure quad taps in the top10 are an informal rule :)

kanman
08-12-2008, 18:45
I said the rules were informal...what are you trying to say?

::LD::GrimReapr
08-12-2008, 20:44
I believe i said whats good for the goose is good for the gander so now we get to change rules cause the top 10 deems it ok.But yet you were all opposed and upset at the idea of THIK last set you guys make me laugh.:thumbdown:
I am not currently in the top 10 and the way it looks most of the top 30 are infantry hoarding and cant be grabbed by anyone building a balanced state.
So i leave you with this i am goin to make a rule change for myself if i can which im sure i will be able to at 1 point or other i will start AA'ing hoarders just enough to grab land i dont care if it brings death down upon me infact maybe ill change the rules for myself even more to do what i can to make sure the state i AA dies or loses a ****load in networth to rectify the hoarding situation again. cause to be honest with you this **** is what makes me wanna quit the game not the warring or even dying cause of war and then having your restart killed.Its the hoarding of infantry to be ungrabbable to anyone not hoarding infantry you guys ***** about rule changes well guess what we need something cause i can see my future in this game not lasting much longer because i wont conform to hoarding i think it's gay and i believe that if you hoard infantry and someone needs to AA your *** to grabb you then it should be perfectly legal to do so cause there aint no rules in war.But again the people in the top 10 make the rules as we see by the **** goin on in top 10 now.
So let this be a warning i cant get all of you but i will get 1 of you if you find me and kill me first fine whatever all i ask is that you let the nation i sit in out of my current threat because they have nothing to do with this and know nothing about what i am currently typing here.

Cant wait to see what some of you arrogant ****s have to say about this.

CommunistCapitalism
08-12-2008, 20:51
i've been mostly quiet about this, but if you haven't noticed, i'm the other culprit along with Z, but i think strategy is not something that should be punished for. This topic should now be locked.

Mr President
08-12-2008, 21:05
I believe i said whats good for the goose is good for the gander so now we get to change rules cause the top 10 deems it ok.But yet you were all opposed and upset at the idea of THIK last set you guys make me laugh.:thumbdown:
I am not currently in the top 10 and the way it looks most of the top 30 are infantry hoarding and cant be grabbed by anyone building a balanced state.
So i leave you with this i am goin to make a rule change for myself if i can which im sure i will be able to at 1 point or other i will start AA'ing hoarders just enough to grab land i dont care if it brings death down upon me infact maybe ill change the rules for myself even more to do what i can to make sure the state i AA dies or loses a ****load in networth to rectify the hoarding situation again. cause to be honest with you this **** is what makes me wanna quit the game not the warring or even dying cause of war and then having your restart killed.Its the hoarding of infantry to be ungrabbable to anyone not hoarding infantry you guys ***** about rule changes well guess what we need something cause i can see my future in this game not lasting much longer because i wont conform to hoarding i think it's gay and i believe that if you hoard infantry and someone needs to AA your *** to grabb you then it should be perfectly legal to do so cause there aint no rules in war.But again the people in the top 10 make the rules as we see by the **** goin on in top 10 now.
So let this be a warning i cant get all of you but i will get 1 of you if you find me and kill me first fine whatever all i ask is that you let the nation i sit in out of my current threat because they have nothing to do with this and know nothing about what i am currently typing here.

First, as a dev team member you shouldn't be saying things like your time here won't be much longer. Dev team members are the front lines to making the game better. And honestly, i think only members who love this game and has it's best interest at heart should be dev team people.

Infantry horders is the way "some" people play. If they want to take the chance at being light in other areas then that is there right to do so.

I'm in the top 10 (which never happens) but i don't have all infantry either.
I'm not a fan of that. I like to be war ready at a moments notice.

I don't see where the top 10 is making any rules here. In fact, it's only 2 states who made an agreement. And they made that to prove a point. Any other member who is not ranked 1 or 2 should really not have anything to say about this. Z and communist are only proving a point to the top 1 & 2 states.

I hope my reply wasn't to arrogant lol

Disorder
08-12-2008, 21:30
And..... he's being paid to think like that.... nice. :scared:

08-12-2008, 22:34
First, as a dev team member you shouldn't be saying things like your time here won't be much longer. Dev team members are the front lines to making the game better. And honestly, i think only members who love this game and has it's best interest at heart should be dev team people.

Ok, maybe my post was a bit harsh so for that i am sorry and as a devolopment team member i am trying to make the game better by inserting my 2 cents on things people are posting about to make the game better.

Infantry horders is the way "some" people play. If they want to take the chance at being light in other areas then that is there right to do so.

But yet if i AA someone to grab em because they are infantry hoarding it will get me killed.If I attack that state other than SA to Grab them that is an act of war and will also get me killed as a devolopment team member then i will post something in the devolopment section on what can be done to grab someone that is infantry hoarding that wont get you killed.

I'm not a fan of that. I like to be war ready at a moments notice .

I didnt say everyone was hoarding i said almost everyone.
So how do you grab someone thats got 3-4 sometimes 5 or 6 times your inf and nothing else or very little of it to make a difference without starting a war.

I don't see where the top 10 is making any rules here. In fact, it's only 2 states who made an agreement. And they made that to prove a point. Any other member who is not ranked 1 or 2 should really not have anything to say about this. Z and communist are only proving a point to the top 1 & 2 states.

But if everyone paired off and did the same thing nobody would be grabbing land for GB would be outrageuos and we would all sit there and expand till we turned blue in the face and got no where.Even though it was the top 2 people in the game why wouldnt it affect anyone else below them that could possibly grab them i fail to see why nobody else should have a say in this just because its the top 2 people doesnt mean it dont affect everyone.

Rass tried making a statement last set about infantry hoarding and was just about crucified for it and that was 1 person others followed because they are tired of the hoarding too.As for my statement about my time being short here it has nothing to do with the people in this game for you are all great people but the way some of the game is played or how its being played with some of the rules in effect make it frustrating because as stated above the only thing you can do about it will start a war.

I hope my reply wasn't to arrogant lol

No it wasnt arrogant at all but i think i have the right to voice my opinion maybe not as i did but thats what it usually takes to get peoples attention.
You are trying to get more people to play this game and i myself have invited 4-5 of my friends from an online gaming clan that i have been apart of for 9 years.I am a kid at heart and love to play games but i feel at this time the only way to compete with everyone else in this game is to hoard infantry and its just not my style. I would love to see new units and abilities in the game that would make it more interesting.I dont know your schedule MR.P and I currently appreciate everything you do for this game because i like the game alot.But i think untill new things are put into place the new people you get like myself will find it frustrating and after a few sets less likely to spend as much time as (I/WE) would if things were a little different.

Missionary
08-12-2008, 23:12
I'm not a fan of that. I like to be war ready at a moments notice.

theres 2 of you in the top 10 :P

@ grim - there are other ways to get to the top without hording. it takes alot more skill than what most of the members do now aa days but it is possible and easily done if you know how and have the time.

Dogma
08-12-2008, 23:28
Well, it justlooks to me like Foreign Affairs in action. These two states have worked out something among themselves, Their nations are ok with their deal. mainly when a retal happenes in top ten it is because that the offended state wants it. In this instance, neither of the two states are offended by the actions of the other. They are the only ones involved in this, I just don't see what everyone else is so worried about. I mean, Kanman made a deal with his friend, Z made a deal with his friend. So, the deals are different, but, so what? A deal is a deal, and anyone is allowed to make ay sort of deal they want in this game in order to accomplish their own goals. Sorry others don't like it, but hey, if you were in their position, you would want to try and help yourself achieve your own goals.

Now, I am not in the top ten, and I don't have a dog in this hunt either, but I am only wondering why it is anyone elses business what happens within another nation. Just doesn't make sense to me. Are we now saying that someone should have a say in what happens on someone elses nations?

Norrisville
08-12-2008, 23:36
theres 2 of you in the top 10 :P

@ grim - there are other ways to get to the top without hording. it takes alot more skill than what most of the members do now aa days but it is possible and easily done if you know how and have the time.

notice the typo. if thats not a subliminal message idk what is...

Pres I understand where Grim's coming from, he just delivered too harshly.
but grim, doing a million AA's wont change the way people play. they will keep killing you until you stop. and if you do make a nation, your whle nation will be killed until you all stop. it's a shame people play that way, but they do, and you gotta live with it. find another reason to start a war and youll have yourself a bunch of easy kills.

Dogma
08-12-2008, 23:46
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 124 Land, 2.856 Science, $996.469, 1.261 Food 04:19:28-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 174 Land, 2.885 Science, $1.027.287, 1.274 Food 04:19:22-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 267 Land, 2.914 Science, $1.059.059, 1.287 Food 04:19:15-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 476 Land, 2.943 Science, $1.091.814, 1.300 Food 04:19:10-2008/08/12

How come this is continually happening and no one says a thing? Is this not the same type of breaking of the unwritten rules as well? Why is it different that only complaints happen if it is a top state? Or is this a different degree of wrong? Is Feeding now an accepted tactic? Guess it must be.

swede7
08-13-2008, 00:33
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 124 Land, 2.856 Science, $996.469, 1.261 Food 04:19:28-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 174 Land, 2.885 Science, $1.027.287, 1.274 Food 04:19:22-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 267 Land, 2.914 Science, $1.059.059, 1.287 Food 04:19:15-2008/08/12
SA HOLLANDwarriors(#)[LoR] John(#) 476 Land, 2.943 Science, $1.091.814, 1.300 Food 04:19:10-2008/08/12

How come this is continually happening and no one says a thing? Is this not the same type of breaking of the unwritten rules as well? Why is it different that only complaints happen if it is a top state? Or is this a different degree of wrong? Is Feeding now an accepted tactic? Guess it must be.

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?p=35218#post35218

Someone already did say something about that.

Devil
08-13-2008, 00:53

uhh that topstate aint marine recon. nice try come again

Dogma
08-13-2008, 01:38
SA a b c d e f g h i j(#xxx)[INL] John(#xxx) 162 Land, 2.024 Science, $15.404.932, 476 Food 02:25:47-2008/08/07
SA a b c d e f g h i j(#xxx)[INL] John(#xxx) 267 Land, 2.044 Science, $15.881.373, 480 Food 02:25:34-2008/08/07
SA The Golden Army(#xxx)[INL] John(#xxx) 538 Land, 2.065 Science, $16.372.550, 485 Food 02:22:36-2008/08/07
SA The Golden Army(#xxx)[INL] John(#xxx) 1.188 Land, 2.086 Science, $16.878.917, 490 Food 02:22:18-2008/08/07

Looking at this, looks like, as I said, it keeps happening. I have no problem if the two states have a deal for it, but what I am saying it is is no less wrong to play with feeding than it is to give GB protection.

hercules
08-13-2008, 03:37
is it wrong to double tap for good grab?:confused:

Guy77
08-13-2008, 13:01
In top 10 yes

Everyone whines and cries when they get double tapped in top 10 because they have to rebuild, and they lost military and bla bla bla

But when people suicide it doesn't really matter anyway =) so, who cares?

08-13-2008, 13:52
To me it shouldnt matter if your in top 10. What just because your in top 10 your the only one that has to rebuild when you get grabbed for land.Most people in top ten have more land than anyone else so it should be a little bit easier for them to rebuild than someone lower being grabbed all the time.

Max Logan
08-13-2008, 13:57
if you ever manage to get top 10, I`ll gladly execute your policy against you and make you lose 1/3th your land

ranger2112
08-13-2008, 14:33
matter has been settled. someone please close this thread

08-13-2008, 18:06
Execute what policy?

Rassputtin
08-13-2008, 19:03
Execute what policy?

LOL, he's looking down his nose at you like your incapable of simple mathematics. Because if you were incapable of simple mathematics the arguement that a top ten state loses more is a valid one.

But if you are capable of counting to more than ten you can easily see that it is not true by comparison. Will a hit on the number one state destroy more military than a hit on the number 15th ranked state? Yes. So by that it is true, however since the number one state has alot more land and production his rebuilding is no more tedious than number 15's with less land. So the arguement that the losses are just soooo much worse in the top ten is just stupid. Because the productions are alot higher so it evens it self out as far as how much it "hurts".

if you ever manage to get top 10, I`ll gladly execute your policy against you and make you lose 1/3th your land

Please refer to above statement.

To me it shouldnt matter if your in top 10. What just because your in top 10 your the only one that has to rebuild when you get grabbed for land.Most people in top ten have more land than anyone else so it should be a little bit easier for them to rebuild than someone lower being grabbed all the time.

I wouldnt say its easier I would say its roughly the same, unless the lower ranked state has alot more land than the average state of his size the losses and production and rebuild time would be basically the same.

Don't let them fool you Reaper. Not all of these "rules" or whatever are based on facts. Some of them are based on myth, or simply preference of the players that are there. Or alot of times simply by the declared retal policy of a nation.

If a nation with enough hype says no doubles in top ten or we retal or war then.... well you got yourself AA choice to make.