View Full Version : Start of Set #5:

youngwebsolutions
09-17-2007, 08:27
A bit delayed but finallay there:

Nation Wars set #5:
Start: 17th of sept. 2007
END: 22th of okt 2007

Changes:
- States can attack without penalty up to 4x (more or less) their nw.
- Grabbed land increased 20% during war and decreased 60% out.
- Black market unavailable while set is stopped.
- Income increased 50%
- Cannot declare peace within 24h from war declaration.
- Upon war declaration, target members get a news event.
- Health loss during war is 4%

- we might add a new game skin to match the new forums somewhere today.

These changes will allow new players and smaller NW to be more safe for land raping by high NW states/nations. Also casher strat becomes more interesting now!

looking forward to you comments about these changes

Turns will start somewhere today!

Have FUN

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 10:30
looking forward to fiddling with the casher strat

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 10:54
o and hey, will 10% sales tax be the only way to get back to 100% health or has that been changed as well?

Warl0rd
09-17-2007, 13:16
not changed, but you loose less readiness/health at war

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 15:24
War, huh, yeah What is it good for Absolutely nothing

Warl0rd
09-17-2007, 16:04
its part of the game name :P

Crimson Shadow
09-17-2007, 16:21
- Grabbed land increased 20% during war and decreased 60% out.

So how do you grab normal land then? If I am reading this correctly you get 20% land bonus while war is declared, but when war isn't declared then you get -60%?

Seems like if that is the way it is, war will still be declared even if the target is in reach.

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 16:24
yeah, i was wondering about that. i just think they are making the grabs in peace time not so big. making the grabs in war larger makes it easier to kill a state.

Crimson Shadow
09-17-2007, 16:25
Well if that is the case, then it looks like I will win the biggest grab of all then :D

10,363 from ccsports

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 16:26
yeah, thats gonna be hard to top

youngwebsolutions
09-17-2007, 18:02
it's gonna be hard
it's gonna be though
and it all has just started!

ENJOY! :rolleyes:

Warl0rd
09-17-2007, 18:07
So how do you grab normal land then? If I am reading this correctly you get 20% land bonus while war is declared, but when war isn't declared then you get -60%?

Seems like if that is the way it is, war will still be declared even if the target is in reach.Yes but now you can't declare peace for the next 24h and eveyone on the other nation is notified that you declared war on them.

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 18:08
it's gonna be hard
it's gonna be though
and it all has just started!

ENJOY! :rolleyes:

set has started, yet black market is still disabled

youngwebsolutions
09-17-2007, 18:15
you were too quick...

No my mistake, i was typing this message while uploading the correct files, allowing the game to start, I had to press OK for overwriting the file, but forgot while typing the game started..
Corrected it after 3 minutes, but you were quicker.. ;)

bottomline: it should work now!! :)

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 18:38
lol thanks

Mr President
09-17-2007, 19:57
seeing this was carried over, people might have forgotten there
validation codes..

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 19:58
i wasnt asked for one. shouldnt that be asked for in the first 150 turns?

youngwebsolutions
09-17-2007, 20:00
all account that were validated, will not be checked again..

In any case this might happen anway, there is always a resent Validation code button, and it will be e-mailed to you instantly!

Mr President
09-17-2007, 20:00
i think it's right before you leave protection.

Mr President
09-17-2007, 20:01
all account that were validated, will not be checked again..

In any case this might happen anway, there is always a resent Validation code button, and it will be e-mailed to you instantly!

see there ranger.. nothing to fear!

case closed!

ranger2112
09-17-2007, 20:01
oic. cool. i thought tho it was at 150 turns. but i may be already validated since i was carried over. either way. glad to be playing. thanks for the efforts all

Missionary
09-18-2007, 05:48
btw, has the food and millitary networth values been changed at all? cos they are still quite a way off. and though the numbers were going to get reset :( this big number is kinda crap, plus crimson looks all lonly 78 numbers away from anyone else :P

youngwebsolutions
09-18-2007, 06:00
the numbers won't change.. (due to dbase related issues)

I'm interested in suggestions for NW changes. We will change every month items carried in by the community. THis set only the items mentioned are changed!

Missionary
09-18-2007, 06:02
oky doky, i shall have a list for you by the end of the set, haha :)

Hamlet
09-18-2007, 06:43
I don't need changes at all atm - just a semi-decent n00b guide enabling me to "see the light". Someone ought to make a guide like the one on WoW, i.e. not a fragmented guided but a guide with an A to Z intro (incl. startup advise). Most importantly info on the NW gained per unit, upkeeps etc. Not to mention the multipliers; atm I can only find the values for the past era, but I assume they change in the present and the future....?

*Waiting for Vin to release the first edition* :smoke:

youngwebsolutions
09-18-2007, 07:44
all the help screens, that covers more than one ere, have buttons (tabs) for every era..

So if you goto help about units, you have then 3 'tabs' one for every era!
The buty of a good game is too find out the best strat yourself..
You might DIE quickly while finding out, but this games allows fast restarts!

Warl0rd
09-18-2007, 08:05
and though the numbers were going to get reset :( this big number is kinda crap, plus crimson looks all lonly 78 numbers away from anyone else :PThat will have to be coded, since its not a priority, maybe some other set...

Hamlet
09-18-2007, 09:31
all the help screens, that covers more than one ere, have buttons (tabs) for every era..

So if you goto help about units, you have then 3 'tabs' one for every era!
The buty of a good game is too find out the best strat yourself..
You might DIE quickly while finding out, but this games allows fast restarts!

OK, I can see the multipliers under "State Management" - and since there isn't "3 era tabs", then I can conclude that the multipliers remain stable from era to era, i.e. they are always 1.2, 0.6, 0.3 and 0.2??

Now the second element: It sure is part of a game to find the best strategy; picking between e.g. indy and casher, different grabbing tactics, warring or netting etc. But if the point is to encourage people - e.g. newcomers - to play, then they need to be enlightened with basic info from the beginning. There's a huge difference between picking a strategy and gathering trivial info.

It wouldn't be a problem for me to:

- Produce 1 footman; sell him on the bm, then calculate the NW lose
- Produce 1 catapult; sell it on the bm...
- etc. etc.

Then I can do it for all eras...

Somehow I find it pretty pointless for every newcomer to spend time doing that, before they can actually make strategic decisions. Hence, my first set will be 90% waste of time (gathering basic info) and 10% real gaming. It's like playing Monopoly without prior knowledge of the benefits of buying either a house or hotel. I bet few ppl would play Monopoly, if they had to start with rounds gathering trivial, basic knowledge like the effects of houses/hotels, differences in rent etc. ;)

Mr President
09-18-2007, 09:46
I like the idea of a manual. The one the have ingame is ok, but we should
have a more detailed one. one that explains strats and what buildings you
should build ect ect and what % you should run them at. Like in WoW i
would run a 60/40 strat. 60% res 40% comm buildings.. Do i do that here?

Just something a little more detailed...

Warl0rd
09-18-2007, 09:48
the thing is, the production formulas are linear, that means there are not many advantages in a pure strat instead of a mixed...

there are production changes according to eras, as described in the manual:

Era Industry
Past -5%
Present +0%
Future +15%

Era Mana
Past +20%
Present +0%
Future +0%

ranger2112
09-18-2007, 10:39
no, a pure strat does NOT work. Last set, i was Indy with magic. i did well, however it still seemed flawed. too much spreading around.

gonna try and play with a casher/farmer strat this set and see if i can use some of the tweaks to make it viable.

pron
09-18-2007, 10:55
Hamlet--there is also a training nation through which you can ask whatever questions you may have.

Missionary
09-18-2007, 20:14
*Waiting for Vin to release the first edition* :smoke:

smokes alot of fags whilst waiting :)

training nation seems pointless to take seriously at the moment. seeing as hardly anyone knows the best way to play this game then there isnt anything anyone can do to productively train someone at the moment. maybe call it an expiremental nation.

fact is casher start MAY or maynot have been made accessable from the updates done during the break. the other fact is PURE STRATS DONT WORK!!! last set i was running and indy/farmer/mage strat. eraider was running an indy/farmer/mage/g-tower strat. (only 2 high states i knew about)

Mage: with the attacking options available in the game means that mage defence has to be there.
Farm: due to the amount of networth/food ratio
Indy: because PM is limited and need defence on all units
g-towers - cos people think they are good

those are the 4 possible buildings as far as we currently know that are effective. this set im trying a casher/huts/mage strat to see if that is plausable. i know of a few others attempting the casher strat so i guess there could be another strat available at the end of the set. (apart from ace's mage strat haha)

pron
09-19-2007, 00:56
There's more to a training nation then just a strat.

Gotta teach them about land-grabbing, non-hostile magic attacks, retals, PM/BM, what buildings not to build, what health to have, when to attack, how to attack etc etc etc

Hamlet
09-19-2007, 04:41
@Pron: I prefer to learn those things by myself (like most newbies does). That's pure gaming and part of the fun of being a 101% newbie :) At the same time I avoid being mislead; a probable outcome since most ppl are strat testing blindly atm...

My request was pretty simple - the newbie guide was just a side remark, and it will actually be easier to make one, if the amount of transparency increased a tiny bit.

All I asked for was basic info like this:

Lvl. 1 Infantry: Mili. strength: 0.85 Upkeep $: $0.02 Upkeep food: 0.0005 NW: 0.7
[...]
Lvl. 8 Infantry: Mili. stregth: 1.445 Upkeep $: $0.034 Upkeep food: 0.00085 NW: 1.19

- Taken from Domination, but identical info were made available on WoW

As long as those basic figures are non-public, it'll be nessecary to do pointless info gathering everytime the upkeeps and/or NW per unit is altered. The transparency on WoW/Domination makes it possible to create and follow a strategy from turn 1 to turn N - e.g. produce inf. then turn to ships later on etc. etc.

PS: Would still like to know, if the multipliers are stable from era to era? There isn't "3 era tabs" under "State Management", I can therefore assume it's always: 1.2, 0.6, 0.3 and 0.2??

ranger2112
09-19-2007, 19:10
who would mislead u?

Hamlet
09-19-2007, 19:15
who would mislead u?

Not deliberately misleading me. I haven't seen anybody present a validated strat yet, so my guess is as good as any...or at least I hope it'll be ;)

Missionary
09-19-2007, 22:44
well the last 5 people to win a set have been playing a farmer/indy strat. although thats what it starts off as it isnt really that.

the last 5 winners have gone g-towers/indy with a few mage towers for defence and farm to keep with the upkeep as far as i know. then towards the end of the set started stocking food as the net value/production rate is massively above the net value/production rate of millitary.

once the food value gets in check i see alot more strats being implemented. otherwise what ever strat people play towards the end they are gunna be stocking food to get highest net. thats one of the reasons i went from 40 mill net to 140mill net in a week last set. switched everything to food and had 100k land on farms.

so glad gnr.lee and co got banned. i#cos they planned to hit SOULS and in had less than 500k units on everything but zeps and no mage towers haha.

Hamlet
09-20-2007, 06:22
Nevermind. I'll collect data this set, so don't be surprised, if a member of your nation suddenly drops a lot of NW. All ready wasted a bunch of units to collect some basic info for the Past era... :blushing:

Warl0rd
09-20-2007, 12:19
I don't need changes at all atm - just a semi-decent n00b guide enabling me to "see the light". Someone ought to make a guide like the one on WoW, i.e. not a fragmented guided but a guide with an A to Z intro (incl. startup advise). Most importantly info on the NW gained per unit, upkeeps etc. Not to mention the multipliers; atm I can only find the values for the past era, but I assume they change in the present and the future....?

*Waiting for Vin to release the first edition* :smoke:Check the manual, under state management:

Troops are produced according to the formula:
(Blacksmiths) * (Troop_type_percentage) * (Multipler)
Multipliers:
Footmen = 1.2 Catapults = 0.6 Zeppelins = 0.3 Galleons = 0.2

They might change between eras, advance and check :)
The manual has almost everything you need to know, you just have to search for it...

MAGGIO
09-20-2007, 17:04
not to be negitive, but are diing the slowest death of all here.... Less and less are playing all you have to do to get top 25 is play 100turns.... im depressed

Missionary
09-21-2007, 08:46
yeh, thats why it doesnt mean anything if you get top5 or even top3. its all down to who wins the set and thats it. unless its really close by a few players coming 3rd-10th means your not very good in this game :)

Hamlet
09-21-2007, 08:53
Multipliers:
Footmen = 1.2 Catapults = 0.6 Zeppelins = 0.3 Galleons = 0.2
They might change between eras, advance and check :)

They are stable :P

Infantry: 1.2
Tanks: 0.6
Jets: 0.3
Battleships: 0.2