PDA

View Full Version : Christianity explained in detail. The perfection of it all...

-Z-
08-27-2008, 00:11
this link explains all that anyone would ever need to know about the christian religion.

it sums up it quite nicely,

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ichatimage891131384xf6.jpg

Z

kitoy
08-27-2008, 02:07
umm man, she's hot :tt1:

SmarT
08-27-2008, 02:29
rep for that

KLL
08-27-2008, 03:18
old but always nice

jasonlfunk
08-27-2008, 09:59
ah, you read digg.... :P

pcgluva
08-27-2008, 15:02
REP for that jason ur not goin to fight im on this?

jasonlfunk
08-27-2008, 19:20
REP for that jason ur not goin to fight im on this?

You can't fight ignorant mockery.

KLL
08-27-2008, 19:25
You can't fight ignorant mockery.

its pretty accurate actually.

jasonlfunk
08-27-2008, 20:09
its pretty accurate actually.
The concepts are right to a point, but it is still blatant mockery - that was the intention of the image. It wasn't trying to be informative about the beliefs of Christianity.

KLL
08-27-2008, 20:20
The concepts are right to a point, but it is still blatant mockery - that was the intention of the image. It wasn't trying to be informative about the beliefs of Christianity.

satire obviuosly isn'T a christian concept

SmarT
08-27-2008, 23:49
they just dont like when they see the truth hehe

jasonlfunk
08-28-2008, 09:27
satire obviuosly isn'T a christian concept

I'm fairly confident that the author was not being satirical - but it doesn't matter.

Dogma
08-28-2008, 10:46
this link explains all that anyone would ever need to know about the christian religion.

it sums up it quite nicely,

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ichatimage891131384xf6.jpg

Z

Some of your attempts to downgrade other ppl and their beliefs are quite offensive and I for one, am quite offended by your constant attempts to insult my beliefs.

BAd rep for this one

Mahdi
08-28-2008, 10:56
Dogma or anyone else for that matter answer me this.

Why is there enough religion in this world to incite war, yet not enough to instill tolerance?

Will
08-28-2008, 10:57
Christianity doesn't incite war these days.

Mahdi
08-28-2008, 11:41
read my post does it specify which religion? no it doesn't and christianity has done quite a bit of its own damage on the world

KLL
08-28-2008, 11:46
I'm fairly confident that the author was not being satirical - but it doesn't matter.

in my eyes its satire, as it confirm perfectly to the very definition of it.

Why is there enough religion in this world to incite war, yet not enough to instill tolerance?

its not because of religion but because of people. no offence but religious people tend to be hypocrits about a lot of these things

Will
08-28-2008, 12:04
read my post does it specify which religion? no it doesn't and christianity has done quite a bit of its own damage on the world

Of course, but not recently. Christianity has done more good than bad overall.

Mahdi
08-28-2008, 12:09
How has it done more good then bad? persecuting other fledgling religions for doing exactly what it did in the beginning?

Dogma
08-28-2008, 12:14
I will not respond anymore nor will I read this thread as all any of you are doing is trying to tear down what in my opinion is a very personal belief system, and I choose not to engage with you on it. So, call me what you will, I won't see it.

And I really don't care what you think about me for it.

Will
08-28-2008, 12:18
How has it done more good then bad? persecuting other fledgling religions for doing exactly what it did in the beginning?

Which "Fledgling religions" are you referring to?

Mahdi
08-28-2008, 12:19
I think nothing less of you dogma it is your own personal choice to back out now while you still can and for that i congratulate you as this will probably end up getting heated

Mahdi
08-28-2008, 12:20
the ones that the masses call "cults"... in the beginning did the catholics not kill people because they believed in different things? were people not sacrificed in the name of the gods?

pron
08-28-2008, 12:26

It's not religion. It's man's use of religion. If we had no religion in this world, man would find some other reason to create wars.

ranger2112
08-28-2008, 12:40
I absolutely loved it

KLL
08-28-2008, 15:34
Of course, but not recently. Christianity has done more good than bad overall.

well thats just a matter of what you consider good or bad. some people do think the several genocide atempts in the name of christianity werre good

Will
08-28-2008, 15:55
well thats just a matter of what you consider good or bad. some people do think the several genocide atempts in the name of christianity werre good

Erm, genocide attempts?

KLL
08-28-2008, 16:16
witch huntings, inquisition, crusades, 30 year war, several attempts at playing missionary and killing thousands of non-belivers while doing so, a lot of holocaust stuff was supposedly done with papal blessing, conquistadors just to name a few
and a lot of **** going on in africa

Will
08-28-2008, 16:20
witch huntings, inquisition, crusades, several attempts at playing missionary and killing thousands of non-belivers while doing so, a lot of holocaust stuff was supposedly done with papal blessing, conquistadors just to name a few
and a lot of **** going on in africa

none of those can be considered sanctioned genocide (the Vatican was very much anti-nazi when it found out what was going on), but as Stalin famously said of the Pope "How many divisions has he?".

KLL
08-28-2008, 16:31
none of those can be considered sanctioned genocide (the Vatican was very much anti-nazi when it found out what was going on), but as Stalin famously said of the Pope "How many divisions has he?".

all done i nthe name of religions and i nthe end ending in massive slaughter of civilian population. christanity wsa more deadly than the black death.

genocide: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

That appleis to the crusades, 30 year war, some of the religous wars in england, witch huntings, inquisition, colonisation of south america and a lot more.

and under Mussolini catholicism became state religion in italy, with agreement of the pope and Pius XI has been quite prominent in his dealings with hitler and lack of criticism. the largest protestant group in germany actively supported hitler. Christian ties to facism are undeniable.

Will
08-28-2008, 16:39
all done i nthe name of religions and i nthe end ending in massive slaughter of civilian population. christanity wsa more deadly than the black death.

genocide: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

That appleis to the crusades, 30 year war, some of the religous wars in england, witch huntings, inquisition, colonisation of south america and a lot more.

and under Mussolini catholicism became state religion in italy, with agreement of the pope and Pius XI has been quite prominent in his dealings with hitler and lack of criticism. the largest protestant group in germany actively supported hitler. Christian ties to facism are undeniable.

The modern definition of Genocide is absurd. You could argue that the Allies commited Genocide in 1945 with their "Denazification" programs, or that the US is doing it against Baathists in Iraq today. Genocide in my book is the destruction of a race or culture, politics doesn't come into it. Witches still exist today, as do Muslims, and the Aztecs/Incas weren't deliberately exterminated, but died from disease etc. The Spanish were more interested in making slaves of them than wiping them out.

Mussolini didn't commit any genocides.

The Protestants in Germany supported Hitler out of opposition to Marxism, not religious reasons.

KLL
08-28-2008, 16:50
The modern definition of Genocide is absurd. You could argue that the Allies commited Genocide in 1945 with their "Denazification" programs, or that the US is doing it against Baathists in Iraq today.i'm pretty sure that they didn't go around doing mass executions without proper trail.

Genocide in my book is the destruction of a race or culture, politics doesn't come into it. well i'm not talking politics am i?

Witches still exist today:blink: you'll need to go in some detail on that one...

as do Muslims,i did say attempted genocide...

and the Aztecs/Incas weren't deliberately exterminatedi won't deny that the majority of indigneous were killed by semi-natural causes... but you can not deny that there has been genocide.

The Spanish were more interested in making slaves of them than wiping them out.actually it was mroe the gold.

Mussolini didn't commit any genocides.no be he did support hitler.. and starting a world war isn't exacly the nicest thing to do either.

The Protestants in Germany supported Hitler out of opposition to Marxism, not religious reasons.Deutsche Christen were around before the communists were an immediate threat. and explicity wanted a symbiosis of religion and nazi ideology. and they wanted to eliminate all "jewish content" fro mthe old testament.

SmarT
08-28-2008, 19:10
witches do exist today, its called wicca :P but that is only because now in our modern era, christians will get prosecuted if they burn em

KLL
08-28-2008, 20:25
witches do exist today, its called wicca :P but that is only because now in our modern era, christians will get prosecuted if they burn em

wicca and witches are different things. mdieval witches are preuly immaginary. wicca actually do run around

SmarT
08-29-2008, 22:11
yes to a point, there were people that practiced magick and worshiped the old Gods, they would get burnt and killed. but majority of the people they did kill as witches weren't. wicca as a religion didnt come around to 50-60s with gardner. but still people practiced what wicca practices for many many hundreds of years.

jasonlfunk
08-30-2008, 09:51
But surely the reason we do not execute witches is that we do not believe there are such things. If we did--if we really thought that there were people going about who had sold themselves to the devil and received supernatural powers from him in return and were using these powers to kill their neighbours or drive them mad or bring bad weather--surely we would all agree that if anyone deserved the death penalty, then these filthy quislings did? There is no difference of moral principle here: the difference is simply about matter of fact. It may be a great advance in knowledge not to believe in witches: there is no moral advance in not executing them when you do not think they are there. You would not call a man humane for ceasing to set mousetraps if he did so because he believed there were no mice in the house.

-- C.S. Lewis

KLL
08-31-2008, 17:49
But surely the reason we do not execute witches is that we do not believe there are such things. If we did--if we really thought that there were people going about who had sold themselves to the devil and received supernatural powers from him in return and were using these powers to kill their neighbours or drive them mad or bring bad weather--surely we would all agree that if anyone deserved the death penalty, then these filthy quislings did? There is no difference of moral principle here: the difference is simply about matter of fact. It may be a great advance in knowledge not to believe in witches: there is no moral advance in not executing them when you do not think they are there. You would not call a man humane for ceasing to set mousetraps if he did so because he believed there were no mice in the house.

-- C.S. Lewis
I think there is an error in reasoning. Why would the devil ask for a soul in payment for powers to kill their neighbours and al lthe harmfull stuff witches are accused off. Doesn't simply going and killing the neighbour already kinda guarantuee that your soul gets harvested by the devil in the end?

And i do wonder how you define a witch. That'd make the wole issue easier. Because msot things a witch supposedly back then did.. people doign that todday.. we call em doctors and biologists.

Will
09-01-2008, 15:59
Well, I suppose if the Doctor in question is Harold Shipman, yes you'd be right. But most doctors aren't like that:P

Grendel Khan
09-01-2008, 19:33
Ancient Jews did the same thing by calling upon the god they had "sold" their soul to. They called upon plagues and famines, as well as enslaved and destroyed other neighbors.

The term "sold their soul" is merely a propaganda tool to discriminate and make the abuse of others acceptable. It's harder to practice intolerance and be tolerated, when you are merely persecuting another belief system.

Biggest problem with organized religion is it's general intolerance of accepting other organized religions, or accepting that spirituality is not directly connected to "religion".

Religions in general serve some rather great purposes, that I appreciate their existence for, such as giving fellowship, support, and an ethics base that is acceptable to me. But Religion is NOT the sole proprietor of ethics. Religion is the business of spirituality. Spirituality will exist without the confines of religion, but religion can not exist without being a farce without Spirituality, but often times that is forgotten.

Jesus, the number one voice in Christian thought, himself spoke against the power of the "church' or "organized religion". In many of his messages he even spoke of the lack of need for a church in a physical sense.

Most any and all scripture relating to the importance of religion and a church are merely part of the process of Constantine developing a system of orthodoxy that would empower him and be acceptable to roman thought. First and fore most was the creation of a power base. so many of the things that were placed into the "bible" were displayed with these desires in mind. Thus the strong leaning towards the control of the masses, and the support of the
"church".

WWJD? He'd kick the crap out of a bunch of guys that are running things wrong.