PDA

View Full Version : McCain's VP

Xavior
08-29-2008, 22:36
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.bio/

As a liberal, I am amused. From a neutral point of view of your northern neighbour, I am nervous as hell. If McCain has health problems as President (age, past cancer, etc), the person who is a step away is a woman with a journalism degree, Miss Alaska, mayor and city councilor of a town of 9000 and governor of Alaska for 2 years?? This is simply ridiculous.

Atleast she likes guns, supports teaching creationism in school and is anti-abortion. :rolleyes:

SmarT
08-30-2008, 04:06
they are trying to pull the women voters lol maybe they didnt release that most of the women that voted for hillory were democrats that wouldnt vote for McSain

Disorder
08-30-2008, 09:42
I personally think it was a brillant move for McCain.. She supports the US becoming less dependant on foreign oil and fighting to allow the US to tap into our own reserves..

I support her ideas 100% :dblthumbup:

jasonlfunk
08-30-2008, 09:45
I definitely think it was an interesting pick. I can't believe that she has nothing at all to offer, otherwise the campaign wouldn't have picked her. I'll be interested to see how this develops

ranger2112
08-30-2008, 09:52
Plus she is a total MILF

L P
08-30-2008, 10:49
Plus she is a total MILF

:cool:

BB
08-30-2008, 10:53
I think its great... Very smart move on McCains part. It will get him the votes Hillary was gunning for.... I also love the way she was not put out to be a front runner for the position so it threw everyone off guard..... I think its a good thing way to go

MAGGIO
08-30-2008, 11:07
Shot himself in the foot, cut off his nose dispite his face!

I dont care if Jesus Christ himself is the VP I am voting for the democrat nominee.

I wont make the same mistake I made in the past by voting for bush over gore. Life has been nothing but more difficult since.

Mrmcjoey15
08-30-2008, 11:30

As a liberal, I am amused. From a neutral point of view of your northern neighbour, I am nervous as hell. If McCain has health problems as President (age, past cancer, etc), the person who is a step away is a woman with a journalism degree, Miss Alaska, mayor and city councilor of a town of 9000 and governor of Alaska for 2 years?? This is simply ridiculous.

Atleast she likes guns, supports teaching creationism in school and is anti-abortion. :rolleyes:

i am equally amused xavy Picking first a woman not that im sexest but heres where im going with it if mcain thinks hes going to get woman who are still undecided or democrats then hes wrong woman arnt really that stupid these days. Other than that its just down right stupid for mcain to pick the govoner with the least foreign policy experience so the whole experience thing is out the window hes got nothing on Obama with that one any more.

But here the kicker why Mcain would chose some one whos under investigation by her own state is simply ridiculous

@BB theres no possible way that some one who was Democratic and voted for Hillary is just going to vote for a Republican president cause the VP is a woman unless there very stupid.

@Disorder your right she does want to tap into Alaska's oil but that just means that all the environmentalists are now against Mcain and im sure that there are more environmentalists than there are ppl who will just vote to lower there heating bill by 10$

MAGGIO
08-30-2008, 11:31
they will most likly tear her apart and she will become a marder of sorts...

I do think she is beautiful....

Mrmcjoey15
08-30-2008, 11:36
they will most likly tear her apart and she will become a marder of sorts...

I do think she is beautiful....

yeah shes pretty fuggly to me

Dogma
08-30-2008, 11:43
Tell me, What exactly is the job of the VP? Negotiating treaties? No, Making deals with heads of state? No. Sending our armed forces into a battle situation? No. Their job is mostly administrative and Symbolic. She has executive experience and is not one of those that is in the pocket of a party. I don't think it was a bad pick at all.

jasonlfunk
08-30-2008, 11:44
The VP is primary the leader of the senate.

Dogma
08-30-2008, 11:46
But can only vote in the case of a tie.

pron
08-30-2008, 12:13
The VP would take over when McCain's old *** dies of a heartattack 2 months into office ^^

SmarT
08-30-2008, 13:55
lol yah drilling more oil is gonna solve the future problem of our dependence on it? what dont Republicans get that soon or later we are gonna have to develop a better fuel system? something that isnt carbon based. 100 years, 300 years, 500 years from now, if we are still running on oil, we will be screwed !

MAGGIO
08-30-2008, 14:21
currently the VP is running the country, and Bush is just a pwn!

-Z-
08-30-2008, 14:50
Republicans... omg

how can a person still admit to beign a repulican.

I will shoot myself if Mcsane is elected.

Z

Mrmcjoey15
08-30-2008, 15:06
Republicans... omg

Z

amen brotha its time for the Republicans to own up to there failure :sleep:

Morph
08-30-2008, 17:47
Republicans... omg

Z

is that a promise?

Xavior
08-30-2008, 17:54
The VP would take over when McCain's old *** dies of a heartattack 2 months into office ^^

And I'm sorry, but how many times has a President died/been removed/resigned from office? Count it.

MAGGIO
08-30-2008, 19:36
I think its like 6-8% of the time...anyone have some real numbers...?

Xavior
08-30-2008, 20:28
Harrison, Taylor, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Harding, FDR, JFK all died in office. Nixon resigned.

The fact is, putting someone with NO foreign policy experience or hell, any national experience as VP is dangerous. They are complaining Obama doesn't have enough experience, hey, look who will become President with NO experience if something happens to McCain (very likely).

Devil
08-30-2008, 20:48
Republicans... omg

Z
arent you canadian?

L P
08-30-2008, 20:52
That sounds like an incentive to vote for McCain.

huntington91
08-30-2008, 21:02
Plus she is a total MILF

hm correct :)

Disorder
08-30-2008, 23:52
lol yah drilling more oil is gonna solve the future problem of our dependence on it? what dont Republicans get that soon or later we are gonna have to develop a better fuel system? something that isnt carbon based. 100 years, 300 years, 500 years from now, if we are still running on oil, we will be screwed !

Ok.. for the narrow minded people.. Lets Drill and Use OUR OWN OIL, rather than sending billions over billions of dollars to foreign 2nd and 3rd world countrys, the whole while, WE STILL WORK to create new sources of cleaner energies.

i am equally amused xavy Picking first a woman not that im sexest but heres where im going with it if mcain thinks hes going to get woman who are still undecided or democrats then hes wrong woman arnt really that stupid these days. Other than that its just down right stupid for mcain to pick the govoner with the least foreign policy experience so the whole experience thing is out the window hes got nothing on Obama with that one any more.

But here the kicker why Mcain would chose some one whos under investigation by her own state is simply ridiculous

@BB theres no possible way that some one who was Democratic and voted for Hillary is just going to vote for a Republican president cause the VP is a woman unless there very stupid.

@Disorder your right she does want to tap into Alaska's oil but that just means that all the environmentalists are now against Mcain and im sure that there are more environmentalists than there are ppl who will just vote to lower there heating bill by 10$

The Tree huggers.. no comment on them, we know how they are!

Republicans... omg

Z

What would you consider yourself being, from.. Canada isn't it?

Cape
08-31-2008, 17:41
First off the VP pick by McCain has already gone down as the most inexperienced person ever to run for high office, even worse then Quayle. Shes just another Oil Industry pawn, how much experience does it take to run Alaska. I laugh when people cheer about allowing more drilling to reduce foreign oil dependency, The USA only has 3% of all oil reserves, you could put oil derricks on every street corner and still import almost all of your oil from overseas. The only way to get off oil is to find another source of energy like solar and nuclear, and start to use electric cars. My final opinion of Palin is that shes a shallow gimmick pick in a humorous and futile attempt from the Republican nominee to stave off the drubbing he's about to get from Obama. If by some chance or miracle or thru corruption McCain wins this election then I just may have to convert to religion cause the end times will be here my friends.

KLL
08-31-2008, 17:46

the sad thing is, that all still makes her more qualified than bush...

I think its a good pick. If i was american i'd probably vote McCain, but then again, i would care about the world economy less.. which makes me wanna vote Obama.

McCain is better for the world economy.

Harrison, Taylor, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Harding, FDR, JFK all died in office. Nixon resigned.

The fact is, putting someone with NO foreign policy experience or hell, any national experience as VP is dangerous. They are complaining Obama doesn't have enough experience, hey, look who will become President with NO experience if something happens to McCain (very likely).

foreign policy is way overrated. noone really needs expereince in it. just need some basic etiquette.
And personaly i'd prefer people without experience as politicians. Expereinced people are already overexposed to politics and are very unlikely to ever push for significant change or have an outside perspective of things. Polticians pretty much all view the sings from the same views with similar biases.

Xavior
09-01-2008, 18:24
Palin's teenage daughter turns out to be pregnant. Wow, Palin must be pissed, considering how she has stressed that sex education NOT be taught in Alaska, and that Abstinence should instead be taught. I bet the Liberals are all over this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2944356420080901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Mrmcjoey15
09-01-2008, 18:43
Palin's teenage daughter turns out to be pregnant. Wow, Palin must be pissed, considering how she has stressed that sex education NOT be taught in Alaska, and that Abstinence should instead be taught. I bet the Liberals are all over this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2944356420080901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollo llollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Dogma
09-01-2008, 19:10

But you see putting in someone with absolutely no FA experience as President?? That makes a lot of sense.

Xavior
09-01-2008, 19:27
I'd suggest you read the rest of my post and stop taking quotes out of context :)

Disorder
09-01-2008, 19:45

I see no reason to hold that against her.. you can teach good values all you want, and it is still up to the student, or the child in this case to use them properly. How many here was doing things they should not do at age 17? I know I am one of them.. I was taught good values and still went wild in my teen years... thank god, I had great parents and turned out ok in the long run.

-Z-
09-01-2008, 21:10
sheez aa *** shezzaaaa Hoooooeeee SHEZ A hoe!

LMAO

the liberals are acctually saying nothing about it.

its quite liberal of them, why would liberals have an issue with this?

its the conservative base that would see it as wrong if u ask me... no?

Z

El Mestizo
09-01-2008, 21:40
Personally, I couldn't be happier about McCain's VP pick. I'm hoping that this pretty much seals the deal for Obama. This is a horrible pick for a couple reasons.

1) I think many women are going to be offended rather than happy about this pick. Women are way too smart to fall for a gimmick like this. And they'll be pissed that McCain would even think that they would fall for it. When i saw her speaking on TV that night, she was talking about the glass ceiling and what not, and about how she would break through it for all women. And I just saw the look on McCain's face as he applauded with everyone in the crowd like "Ok ho, don't get too far ahead of yourself" lol

2) She's extremely Pro-Life. You were raped by your father and got pregnant? **** you, you're having that baby, even though it is likely to come out all ****ed up and have a terribly low quality of life, not to mention the mental and emotional stress the mother will go through everyday with this reminder of the rape and choice to tell the baby about it or not. Your baby is gonna be born with some debilitating disease that would not allow it to function as a normal human? So what? Your VP has a retarded baby so deal with it. I think the only situation where it is acceptable to Palin is if the mother's life is in danger. Somebody give this ***** a medal.

3) Her experience is extremely limited. She was the mayor of a city of like 5000 people. Governor of Alaska (who lives in Alaska?) for like 2 years. She didn't really have any experience with budget or anything. All she did was do crazy cuts to the construction budget in Alaska and raise taxes on oil companies to drill in Alaska and instead of saving the extra money generated, she sent out a check for a grand to every Alaskan resident. Sheeeit, if i got a $1000 check from Hitler he'd be my new best friend. So the fact that she has a +80% approval rating means nothing.

4) Her positions on some topics are just stupid. She still thinks that global warming has nothing to do with humans at all. She supports abstinence-only education in schools, even though its been shown that safe-sex education works more to prevent pregnancy and disease. She thinks that we shouldn't have to rely on foreign oil, but not because she thinks we need to find an alternate source of energy but that we have more than enough oil in America to support our oil addiction. And she doesn't want to list polar bears as an endangered species, even though their numbers have been steadily dropping because of global warming, because she's afraid it would harm oil and gas development into polar bear habitats.

So yea...go McCain lol

Disorder
09-01-2008, 22:57
Personally, I couldn't be happier about McCain's VP pick. I'm hoping that this pretty much seals the deal for Obama. This is a horrible pick for a couple reasons.

1) I think many women are going to be offended rather than happy about this pick. Women are way too smart to fall for a gimmick like this. And they'll be pissed that McCain would even think that they would fall for it. When i saw her speaking on TV that night, she was talking about the glass ceiling and what not, and about how she would break through it for all women. And I just saw the look on McCain's face as he applauded with everyone in the crowd like "Ok ho, don't get too far ahead of yourself" lol

2) She's extremely Pro-Life. You were raped by your father and got pregnant? **** you, you're having that baby, even though it is likely to come out all ****ed up and have a terribly low quality of life, not to mention the mental and emotional stress the mother will go through everyday with this reminder of the rape and choice to tell the baby about it or not. Your baby is gonna be born with some debilitating disease that would not allow it to function as a normal human? So what? Your VP has a retarded baby so deal with it. I think the only situation where it is acceptable to Palin is if the mother's life is in danger. Somebody give this ***** a medal.

3) Her experience is extremely limited. She was the mayor of a city of like 5000 people. Governor of Alaska (who lives in Alaska?) for like 2 years. She didn't really have any experience with budget or anything. All she did was do crazy cuts to the construction budget in Alaska and raise taxes on oil companies to drill in Alaska and instead of saving the extra money generated, she sent out a check for a grand to every Alaskan resident. Sheeeit, if i got a $1000 check from Hitler he'd be my new best friend. So the fact that she has a +80% approval rating means nothing.

4) Her positions on some topics are just stupid. She still thinks that global warming has nothing to do with humans at all. She supports abstinence-only education in schools, even though its been shown that safe-sex education works more to prevent pregnancy and disease. She thinks that we shouldn't have to rely on foreign oil, but not because she thinks we need to find an alternate source of energy but that we have more than enough oil in America to support our oil addiction. And she doesn't want to list polar bears as an endangered species, even though their numbers have been steadily dropping because of global warming, because she's afraid it would harm oil and gas development into polar bear habitats.

So yea...go McCain lol

Could you post the link where you got your polar bear info from? As for the rest, its all assumtion and opinion that means little to nothing. Its time to accept the reality that the Democrats run congress, and its time for the Republicans to get us out of this mess the DEMOCRATS have got us in.

Rediculus!

El Mestizo
09-01-2008, 23:59
Could you post the link where you got your polar bear info from? As for the rest, its all assumtion and opinion that means little to nothing. Its time to accept the reality that the Democrats run congress, and its time for the Republicans to get us out of this mess the DEMOCRATS have got us in.

Rediculus!The dems have the majority of the seats in congress but we all know that it takes more than that to actually get things done. Furthermore, it was the Republicans that got us into "this mess" and the Democrats are trying to dig out of it but it seems the GOP is quite content with sitting in this **** hole they've created for us.

http://www.adn.com/polarbears/story/413710.html

And **** you for saying my opinion means little to nothing:)

-Z-
09-02-2008, 00:37
First off the VP pick by McCain has already gone down as the most inexperienced person ever to run for high office, even worse then Quayle. Shes just another Oil Industry pawn, how much experience does it take to run Alaska. I laugh when people cheer about allowing more drilling to reduce foreign oil dependency, The USA only has 3% of all oil reserves, you could put oil derricks on every street corner and still import almost all of your oil from overseas. The only way to get off oil is to find another source of energy like solar and nuclear, and start to use electric cars. My final opinion of Palin is that shes a shallow gimmick pick in a humorous and futile attempt from the Republican nominee to stave off the drubbing he's about to get from Obama. If by some chance or miracle or thru corruption McCain wins this election then I just may have to convert to religion cause the end times will be here my friends.

well said cape... well said.

Z

Xavior
09-02-2008, 03:51
Doesn't the President have veto power?

And I still don't get how conservatives can still argue that Global Warming is a myth. The evidence is before your eyes, but no! It is all a 'socialist conspiracy!'

KLL
09-02-2008, 05:06
1) I think many women are going to be offended rather than happy about this pick. Women are way too smart to fall for a gimmick like this. And they'll be pissed that McCain would even think that they would fall for it. When i saw her speaking on TV that night, she was talking about the glass ceiling and what not, and about how she would break through it for all women. And I just saw the look on McCain's face as he applauded with everyone in the crowd like "Ok ho, don't get too far ahead of yourself" don't underestiamte the naivity of the average american... they elected bush twice afterall...

3) Her experience is extremely limited. She was the mayor of a city of like 5000 people. Governor of Alaska (who lives in Alaska?) for like 2 years. She didn't really have any experience with budget or anything. All she did was do crazy cuts to the construction budget in Alaska and raise taxes on oil companies to drill in Alaska and instead of saving the extra money generated, she sent out a check for a grand to every Alaskan resident. Sheeeit, if i got a $1000 check from Hitler he'd be my new best friend. So the fact that she has a +80% approval rating means nothing.since when does the VP have budget resposnibilities?
also what peopel seem to forget is that the presidents and vice presidents aren'T the driving force behind their policies, but their adviers. they're beeign paid to make up for the lack of knowledge and experience the president or vice president has. which is why experience really isn'T a factor.

4) Her positions on some topics are just stupid. She still thinks that global warming has nothing to do with humans at all. doesn'T the entire GOP do that?

) Her positions on some topics are just stupid. She still thinks that global warming has nothing to do with humans at all. She supports abstinence-only education in schools, even though its been shown that safe-sex education works more to prevent pregnancy and disease. She thinks that we shouldn't have to rely on foreign oil, but not because she thinks we need to find an alternate source of energy but that we have more than enough oil in America to support our oil addiction. And she doesn't want to list polar bears as an endangered species, even though their numbers have been steadily dropping because of global warming, because she's afraid it would harm oil and gas development into polar bear habitats. itsn'T it all pretty much the same as bushs' positions? and didn't he get elected twice? so apparantly around 50% of the voting population agree with her...

Mrmcjoey15
09-02-2008, 08:13
sheez aa *** shezzaaaa Hoooooeeee SHEZ A hoe!

LMAO

the liberals are acctually saying nothing about it.

its quite liberal of them, why would liberals have an issue with this?

its the conservative base that would see it as wrong if u ask me... no?

Z

A ahahahahahah but theres your point librals have nothing wrong with it but she isnt the democratic VP now is she :P ahahahahhahah z

Xavior
09-02-2008, 16:10
don't underestiamte the naivity of the average american... they elected bush twice afterall...

since when does the VP have budget resposnibilities?
also what peopel seem to forget is that the presidents and vice presidents aren'T the driving force behind their policies, but their adviers. they're beeign paid to make up for the lack of knowledge and experience the president or vice president has. which is why experience really isn'T a factor.

doesn'T the entire GOP do that?

itsn'T it all pretty much the same as bushs' positions? and didn't he get elected twice? so apparantly around 50% of the voting population agree with her...

Actually, I think Bush himself acknowledged that Climate Change may be real :P

And here in Canada, our Conservative government actually had this huge PR on their "Green Plan". Which of course isn't green at all, but it just shows that even right wing parties know they can't deny it forever and still be in power.

ranger2112
09-03-2008, 12:25
http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm

to answer an earlier post, it is Congress/House that makes laws. The reason so little has been done is they tack on these BS riders to good bills and force the Prez to veto and make HIM look bad. If we had a rep. house/senate I would be all for some change, however with both Dem, we need a Rep to balance it out or my paycheck will go to ****ers who chose not to work. i am taxed to death as it is

KLL
09-03-2008, 14:35
http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm

to answer an earlier post, it is Congress/House that makes laws. The reason so little has been done is they tack on these BS riders to good bills and force the Prez to veto and make HIM look bad. If we had a rep. house/senate I would be all for some change, however with both Dem, we need a Rep to balance it out or my paycheck will go to ****ers who chose not to work. i am taxed to death as it is

you really don't want to see what its like in europe