PDA

View Full Version : Patriotism

micco540
09-03-2008, 14:17
This election seems to involved alot of mudslinging about the Democrats being unpatriotic for not supporting the war in Iraq. I vehemently disagree. Thoughts, opinions?

Will
09-03-2008, 14:41
Supporting every single thing your nation does is not patriotism, but blind stupidity.

El Mestizo
09-03-2008, 14:42
I think you're 100% on the mark when calling it mudslinging. The Republicans consider dissention unpatriotic. Patriotism comes from a love of one's country, not a satisfaction of it. You can be unsatisfied with the way your country is being ran while still loving it.

The iraq wra is unconstitutional, and we should be out. This doesn't mean i want to destroy the American way of life.

KLL
09-03-2008, 14:55
if you love your country you want to improve it.
simple as that.

Xavior
09-03-2008, 15:40
CNN was pretty hard on the Republicans yesterday.

But yeah, you look at the signs they were holding up "Country First", it's like if you aren't Republican, you don't love your country. And then they had Lieberman talk about how they should work together across party lines such as they did in Hurricane Gustav, when the speaker just before (Fred Thompson) was just flaming the Liberals, and Bush used the term 'Angry Left'.

The whole GOP convention is about anger and old white guys. I can't believe they actually show it on national TV.

Blackwater
09-03-2008, 18:58
Both sides sling mud at one another. Don't make it seem like the only party that does it is the Republican Party. Did any of you actually watch the DNC? Every speaker was bashing the Republicans and vise versa at the RNC with them bashing the Democrat Party.

Also the point of the sign "Country First" is saying, think about your country, not your political party like too many people are doing. Too many people simply go to polls and don't know a thing about who they're voting for, just their party. So they vote all D or all R and don't look at what they're for and against.

Last point, all political parties should be removed and people should run on their principals and ideas. This will force the voters to actually get information on the candidate and vote accordingly to who best fits their views. Ideas are not Black/White like political parties make them out to be. Most people are in the gray area and have both Republican and Democrat ideas.

Xavior
09-03-2008, 19:41
Yes, i watch both conventions. The DNC was mostly about Obama and his theme of change/hope. It was about introducing him and his wife, and Joe Biden. You did not see Hillary or Bill Clinton up on stage calling out the Rightists. And they did not talk about bi-partisanship and then turn right around and flame the conservatives.

The difference between both conventions is huge.

KLL
09-04-2008, 04:06
Last point, all political parties should be removed and people should run on their principals and ideas. This will force the voters to actually get information on the candidate and vote accordingly to who best fits their views. Ideas are not Black/White like political parties make them out to be. Most people are in the gray area and have both Republican and Democrat ideas.
or you can go for a real multi-party democracy.

micco540
09-04-2008, 14:59
Both sides sling mud at one another. Don't make it seem like the only party that does it is the Republican Party. Did any of you actually watch the DNC? Every speaker was bashing the Republicans and vise versa at the RNC with them bashing the Democrat Party.

Also the point of the sign "Country First" is saying, think about your country, not your political party like too many people are doing. Too many people simply go to polls and don't know a thing about who they're voting for, just their party. So they vote all D or all R and don't look at what they're for and against.

Both sides sling mud, but as Xavior said, there weren't Democratic harangues about the "angry right-wing" or "backwards conservatives", while the RNC has been full of shots at liberals across the country, especially on the coasts. This is more of the divisive rhetoric to the conservative people of America from the Republican party that liberals are elitist, weak, and unpatriotic. I really got a message of healing, and if not healing at least compromise, from the DNC, while watching the RNC I'm a little disturbed at the "us against them" attitude that's portrayed. A few more elections like this and Americans might be literally at each others throats.

And "Country First" has lost it's meaning when it's being waved around by leftist loathing old veterans, who's other slogan "Service" can only be taken to mean military service is the only way of serving ones country. Sarah Palin's "community organizer" comment last night had organizers on BOTH sides up in arms. Civil service is just as important as military service, because in my opinion, the better the civil service as a whole gets, the less the military service becomes a necessity. Sweat harder in peace to bleed less in war.

ooga booga
09-04-2008, 15:46
Yes, i watch both conventions. The DNC was mostly about Obama and his theme of change/hope. It was about introducing him and his wife, and Joe Biden. You did not see Hillary or Bill Clinton up on stage calling out the Rightists. And they did not talk about bi-partisanship and then turn right around and flame the conservatives.

The difference between both conventions is huge.

You and micco are both blind and deaf. Hillary and Bill may not have been taking shots but you must have been wearing earplugs when Obama spoke because I definitely watched and listened to him bash McCain over and over. Republicans are returning the favor. Goes both ways there sweetheart. :)

micco540
09-04-2008, 15:54
You and micco are both blind and deaf. Hillary and Bill may not have been taking shots but you must have been wearing earplugs when Obama spoke because I definitely watched and listened to him bash McCain over and over. Republicans are returning the favor. Goes both ways there sweetheart. :)I can assure you my hearing and vision are fine. Barack Obama attacked John McCain and his policies. Many people speaking at the RNC such as Fred Thompson, George W. Bush, and Sarah Palin have taken direct shots at "liberals" and "the left-wing". Attacking peoples ideology instead of policy is wrong, and that is what has been happening *on occasion* at the RNC.

SmarT
09-04-2008, 16:35
ive noticed that alot of teh ads that pop up on forums and the game are pro-McCain and anit obama lol