PDA

View Full Version : This is getting old

Mr President
09-04-2008, 01:04
Every set it's the same crap. Someone suicides, and then the next set that person gets even and suicides, and then that person gets even again and it's an endless cycle.

I don't understand you people. For the better part of a year you all complained and wished WoW was still around. Well here we are only in our 5th set and you pull this crap. And yes i do know who each and one of you who are doing these. I'm a little shocked on some, not so shocked by others.

Listen, if you don't care about the game or you are bored with it, then just leave. Why would you do things to hurt the game?

I have brought the suiciding subject up to you all many times and tried to leave things in your hands to keep it under control. That doesn't seem to be working.

So this is the last warning. if this continues then i'm going to reinstate the dead states and ban the suiciders.

So to help me out and to also help the game out, why don't you all just call it even. I know it's fun for some of you, but many of us have put a lot of time in this game to keep it running, so we are not finding it as funny as you are. I know some of you could care less, so all i'm asking is, just leave if you don't care..

One other thing i'm tired of reading is, whenever something doesn't go someones way they say this game is dying and it sucks and your quitting.. Am i suppose to beg you to stay? If so, i'm not going to. Of course i want as many people in this game, but at the same time we could do without the BS all the time.

We are currently making some nice changes to get our name out and increase membership. We will be running some ads, doing banner swaps and a few other things, all to increase membership. And i'm 99% sure it's going to work. This game is not going anywhere. We pretty much got all the members we could from word of mouth so now it's time to step it up and get more by using other means. If you want to be a part of it, great. if not then thanks for playing and have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We all play this for fun. We all love to war at times and net at times. But none of us like to be suicided. So why do you do it back and keep it going?
Just let it drop here and now. Cause if it continues, you won't be here much longer.

MarineRecon
09-04-2008, 01:08
wut do u class as suiciding??? some people might just be out for revenge just dont have people that would help them

Raul
09-04-2008, 01:14
As a personal opinion I dont think this is a right thing.

Forcing others to "not" do something withing the game is not a fair call.

Iam not a suicider, and i will get mad if someone did suicide at me or any member....But well i cant go around and say what they can and cant do. Everyone must be able to use all aspects of game freely..What someone find fun netting, others find fun warring, others suiciding, its as crazy as deleting warring states for warring netters all sets, just because some netters think this is ruinning the game...

And most of suiciders around actually kill old names, not the new incomers, and believe me its very hard for those old names to quit the game if getting suicide, so i dont see the point of it....

And i really think that starting banning states because some people dont want suiciders isnt a very good choice...The fun of this game is the variety of actions everyone can do...If u dont like suiciders, then make genocides not abailable. Eveyone must be free to kill anybody whenever they want...

Believe me with oir without suiciders the game will persist. But if lame rules like this start comming up, then it will die, since you will end up with only netters. And believe me most of suicides dont occur because people are bored, they occured for personal interests. And actually i dont think suicides are are getting off hand lately...

Just try to get some spies around to catch whomever killed you, and go after him...

I reinstate, i DONT like suiciders, but i dont think its very democratic to ban someone for doing it, if the game allows it and makes it possible for someone to suicide, then it can be done, thats all, thanks...

MarineRecon
09-04-2008, 01:21
wow i never thought id agree to sumthing raul said lol amen.....i war all the time and get bored of it and wanna net at times...sumtimes i can get away with the netting where most of the other times i get suicided or warred lol...yeah i get mad but that makes it funner and now i want revenge...if i get in a warring nation 2 get my revenge then so be it but if i suicide them then so be it...holding grudges and getting revenge someway makes the game more interesting and funner cuz u dont noe wut may happen next...if u dont like suiciding then build ure military so u dont get suicided or make alliances to take others out or sumthing...taking away an aspect to the game because a certain few pepl dont like it is stupid and not fair to pepl that may like to mess around with other pepls sets...i can say its nation WARS not nation netting or w.e...ure suppose 2 be prepared to defend and attack in w.e problem may accure

Mr President
09-04-2008, 01:51
taking away an aspect to the game because a certain few pepl dont like it is stupid and not fair to pepl that may like to mess around with other pepls sets...

I have yet to know one person who likes to be suicided. So it's more then a few people.

If someone gets warred and killed, they may complain about it some but they make another state and plot revenge.

But when people destroy others states cause they "like to mess around with other peoples sets", makes people leave and not want to play. Or, it turns them into a suicider too..

After speaking with Devil, he claims some of his people feel this is punishing them cause nothing was done when lor was suicided. Well this is not true. Infact, i have been ranting about suiciding since the 2nd set. I have made post in the main forums and in the admins section many times. I have talked poor Tnova's ear off about how we can get it to stop. It doesn't matter when i say something cause it will look like i'm taking someone's side. If i do it when someone hits LoR, it looks like i favor them. if i do it when LoR does it, it looks like i favor the other guys.. let me make this clear, I FAVOR THIS GAME and the players who don't do it. If your hard headed and can't understand that, then i'm sorry, but it's the way it is.

My main reason for this thread was to get people thinking about it again. It seems like people start to be ok with the status quoe.

Raul you make many good points. And those points are the exact reason why i haven't done anything about them. I personally feel an admin needs to stay out of things as much as possible. But rules do need to be made and that is what an admin has to do.

We don't have a lot of members at the moment. So when suiciding happens it stands out more. But some of the old vets who play this game don't stick around when suiciding continues..

So i'm trying to get some of you to really think about what your doing before you go off to get even.. Which is why i said, can't we just call it even.. That way we have a clean slate and move on. This post wasn't to call anyone out or to say that there is a new game changing rule being set up. It's a wake up call, and i'm saying that the status quoe isn't good enough like it is.

Raul
09-04-2008, 02:13
Raul you make many good points. And those points are the exact reason why i haven't done anything about them. I personally feel an admin needs to stay out of things as much as possible. But rules do need to be made and that is what an admin has to do.

I know you to be a person i can trust to be up there at admin and not using that to delete or give up anyone who suicides, and i know you think of this for the best of the game...

I believe "rules need to be made" can change into, let the nations within the game take their own actions referring suiciders, and well for vets to leave the game, they need more than 1 suicide to do it...

And well there are many ways to prevent suicides from happening specially with genoicdes, GET SPIES!!! at least to know who hit u and find the responsible =)...

And well this suicides are very few lately, nothing to worry much about...Also we have the bounty thread thing, that promotes suiciding too so... its a complicated idea :S

k959
09-04-2008, 02:14
... i dont agree with the path of suicided because last set i lost about 200 turns into rebuilding my buildings but i dont agree 100% with the reinstating the dead state and banning the suicider but i do agree that something needs to be done and if nothing happens i wont be disaponited if the reinstating and banning rule is put into affect. i have put alot of time and money into this game(time playing havnt worked on the game at all) and i really dont want to see it go downhill anymore

as for the bounty thing my intentions with it is to have wars pop up in the last week or so in the set... i dont advicate suiciding to collect but if i do have to pay out to a suicider i can let u all know who it was

-Z-
09-04-2008, 02:45
delete the suiciders.

Z

DBozMen
09-04-2008, 03:08
delete the suiciders.

Z

Just ban then, that would send out a good message.

So MarineRecon and Ali, bye bye

pron
09-04-2008, 03:33
1. I was suicided last set, and this set. I have yet to take out my revenge suiciding on anyone, if I will at all. Not everyone is easily provoked to downgrade the game by doing what the suiciders do.

2. It's "Status Quo" not "Status Quoe" prez.

3. I seem to remember lots of grudge wars in old WoW. Perhaps, since we have so few members, this is the same thing, only individual states "warring" each other. However, I have no idea who I pissed off, and they're too cowardly to say why I've been hit twice.

k959
09-04-2008, 04:27
If there were no suiciders this game would be exactly the same every set, the same people who get top 10 would get top 10 every set. There would be no wars and this game again wouldn't be called Nation-wars, it would be calle Netting-wars. Although I had nothing to do with these recent terrorist attacks i do think that w/o them this game would be the same day in and day out.

their would still be wars if suiciding was taken out of the game... people would get bored of netting all the time and want to start killing people for the fun of it. aka if a state is tripled then the nation that state belongs to war the other nation... thats how wars would be started they wouldnt disaper from the game and they wouldnt be less common because thier are nations that want to do nothing but have fun killing people and their are people who enjoy the same thing so those people would join up and war another nation and not just suicide them

my definiton of suicide is someone or a group has one goal and one goal only mess with 1 state and make the time he put into the game to waste

my definiton of war is a group that has one goal and that is to kill an entire nation to 1 take top spot or 2 they have a good reason to aka someone uses a war attack on them

Recca
09-04-2008, 06:20
all I have to say is if we take this road is a very slippery slope. How can you define suiciding? I know what you might say a few states ...yadi yadi ya.. but what if its a huge nation just going after another for revenge.. how is a 5 member nation going to fight back against these 20member ones.. are they not able to now if they are going to get banned?? if you look mr p a lot of these nations are small nations. How are they suppose to fight against LORs or USAs number or what Dak was at? so these nations are able to kill off these smaller nations like LOR has in the past and they cant fight back because it would be called suiciding?? Or is the only deffintion of suiciding that the players dont say who they are? so if the members of the now AMD come out and say who they are then it wouldnt be suiciding? I think this is the wrong way to go.

jasonlfunk
09-04-2008, 10:42
You cannot ban someone if they do not violate any rules and as of now, we don't have any rules against suiciding. If you want to make it against the rules, that is the choice of the admins, but the rules has to be specific - it cannot just be "Suiciding is not allowed."

Based on the way the game is - suiciding is just a piece of the puzzle. If you don't like it - the solution is the change the game so it is very difficult or impossible to do. Not to change the rules to make a legitimate action, illegal.

-Chris-
09-04-2008, 10:45
How about a 7 day grace period after the set starts (as in no war attacks).

Mr President
09-04-2008, 12:01
Well there is a few options that we could do that would help it.

-Increase the size of the target you can hit.

-make all attacks accept SA only valid when war has been declared.. set it back to 4 man nations in order to be able to war. And then set a 2hr time before strikes can begin after you declare

-I can reinstate the suicided state.

-Make all lethal spy attacks only valid when war is declared.

-People can just stop doing it.

The definition of suiciding is pretty easy. It's simply to destroy someones state with no purpose other then fun. If a smaller nation wages a silent war on a larger nation, i don't see that as suiciding. But i think war should have to be declared in order to do it.

Yes suiciding is an aspect of the game, but it's not one that many are fond of. So that is why i keep on picking everyones brains trying to come up with a way to make it harder or get it to stop.

I'm all for wars. But when they game turns into nothing but a bunch of people running around destroying states for no reason, that isn't right.

jasonlfunk
09-04-2008, 12:06
The definition of suiciding is pretty easy. It's simply to destroy someones state with no purpose other then fun.

Isn't the point of a game to have fun? You are going to make it against to rules to have fun?:P

Mr President
09-04-2008, 12:18
lol.. yes, but with the fun comes respect for fellow players..

Nobody likes to be suicided. That is not fun.

Dogma
09-04-2008, 12:32
Isn't the point of a game to have fun? You are going to make it against to rules to have fun?:P

This is exactly the mentality that is ruining the game. No respect for fellow players. No one is allowed to have what they consider fun because someone elses fun always trumps the majority.

MAGGIO
09-04-2008, 12:32
this game used to be about tradition and honor.

1. The game is based on a score. If you get out net or out war someone to get the better score that was considered honorable and fair play.
2. It used to be that if you warred someone that the next set you would start off with a clean slate.

HONOR & DIGNATY

Jfunk, you can be banned for any reason anytime regardless of the rules, but I dont think that is the message the owner of the game wants to send out to its players.

Chris. that is not a terrible idea, but i dont think it would solve the problem of suiciders because on day 8 there would be alot of upset players.

Alot of poeple have lost the aspects of what the game is about, and what the goals are of the game. Its about having the best team, and winning the game. Suddenly alot of people realize they cannot compete to win so they just have fun in their own way at the expense of players who can complete.

When a nation was small and couldnt get first, what they would do is compete to see who could get the best avg nw. The best avg nw was considered more important the the total nw for many. It said even though you didnt have a 30-50 man nation, you had a tight group of very good players.

these days are gone. I dont mean to piont fingers and I wont, but it seemed to slip away when the whole Viet thing went down for 6 months in 04-05.

We have lost our way. Were is the honor and glory in simply warring someone because you can, or because you want to even if they dont.

We use to war people on priniples, and use real tactics. hold true to our retal policies, and go for the glory. That is all just a big fat joke now.

I think one thing we can do is actually right up something that states what the purpose of the game is, and what type of traditions we have, and let people know up front what the intension of the game is before they start playing. And if they are allready plaeyrs set them straight and ask them to comply or leave on their own.

No one considers what really is going on when they hit that little button. how it will effect that player, or the community. All i think pres is asking that is please consider others, and that we all play this game together, and we all must work together for it to work out.

BTW the old school top ten lists of all time sum up what the game is all about. There was never a top ten for suiciders was there.

Guy77
09-04-2008, 12:41
Well some times all you can do is suicide

ie: " wow that guy in first is 100m away from everyone else"

" hey i have 50m in bank and already 20m ships on hand, i'll just buy ships and AA the crap out of him" or whatever suiciders do

I think that is perfectly acceptable way to try and win, which is achieved by having the highest networth, and sometimes you can only deal w/ peeps in the top ten by suiciding, no its not right, and its malicious, but hey, they're beat

MAGGIO
09-04-2008, 12:47
Well some times all you can do is suicide

ie: " wow that guy in first is 100m away from everyone else"

" hey i have 50m in bank and already 20m ships on hand, i'll just buy ships and AA the crap out of him" or whatever suiciders do

I think that is perfectly acceptable way to try and win, which is achieved by having the highest networth, and sometimes you can only deal w/ peeps in the top ten by suiciding, no its not right, and its malicious, but hey, they're beat

I think it is a perfectly acceptable way to try to win as well. Unfortunately the people who are doing it are not trying to win.

Guy77
09-04-2008, 13:12
I think it is a perfectly acceptable way to try to win as well. Unfortunately the people who are doing it are not trying to win.

That is true, but if we ban suiciding, are we banning all forms of it? or just the malicious forms? and what can we define as malicious or just as trying to beat them out in net?

Any Opinions?

jasonlfunk
09-04-2008, 13:45
Jfunk, you can be banned for any reason anytime regardless of the rules, but I dont think that is the message the owner of the game wants to send out to its players.

A ban ought to be a result of rule breaking - not the arbitrary whim of the admins. If you don't like something in the game, change the rules. You cannot ban, or blame even, someone for doing something in the game that is perfectly legal according to the rules - just because it violates some unwritten arbitrary mood that the admins expect the players to understand.

If it isn't against the rules - no punishment should be given from outside the game.

Max Logan
09-04-2008, 13:49
DBoz got killed by a person who`s been caught cheating before and just makes new account under diff IPs

Now this is why cheating should be against the rules

Who says all the other suiciders are not multies of someone?

jasonlfunk
09-04-2008, 14:25
DBoz got killed by a person who`s been caught cheating before and just makes new account under diff IPs

Now this is why cheating should be against the rules

Who says all the other suiciders are not multies of someone?

Then they should be banned for having multies, not for suiciding, because having multies is against the rules.

SmarT
09-04-2008, 17:19
so what if one person decideds that they want to hold someone accoutable for their actions or lack there of? So because this person does not want to bring down a nation or he/she decideds that he wants to do this himself? He would be baned. i believe banning someone for any reason other then cheating isnt right. ive never been suicided, but if someone chooses that tactic, its his choice.

Rassputtin
09-04-2008, 17:21
Well there is a few options that we could do that would help it.

-Increase the size of the target you can hit.

-make all attacks accept SA only valid when war has been declared.. set it back to 4 man nations in order to be able to war. And then set a 2hr time before strikes can begin after you declare

-I can reinstate the suicided state.

-Make all lethal spy attacks only valid when war is declared.

-People can just stop doing it.

The definition of suiciding is pretty easy. It's simply to destroy someones state with no purpose other then fun. If a smaller nation wages a silent war on a larger nation, i don't see that as suiciding. But i think war should have to be declared in order to do it.

Yes suiciding is an aspect of the game, but it's not one that many are fond of. So that is why i keep on picking everyones brains trying to come up with a way to make it harder or get it to stop.

I'm all for wars. But when they game turns into nothing but a bunch of people running around destroying states for no reason, that isn't right.

The community will never simply stop doing it themselves. Reinstating states and banning is not the right route to take. It is time consuming, and cumbersome.

As I've stated many times before manipulation of the mechanics is the only way to correctly do it.

So let me start with this.

If you haven't ever been killed or hobbled out of a top state for a few sets in a row, for no reason or fault by you or your nation. Then I don't really respect your opinion on the subject.

That being said let me reiterate that the mechanics have to be modified in order to prevent the ability to suicide, whilst still allowing the capability to war.

Players will not come to thier senses. This will not fix itself. One of the reasons that mechanics manipulations have to date not been successful or adequate to accomplish the goals we have is because they are simply...... to simple. As I have pointed out in this thread.

http://www.forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?t=2535

The problem is the simplicity of the system allows for only simple solutions to complex problems. The problem with that is that since the solutions are simple and comparative to carpet bombing, they often affect areas negatively where they were not intended to do so. Because the lack of depth in the mechanics causes for lack of depth in solutions.

Making a War Declaration take time to go into effect ruins the element of surprise. Especially if its any length of time that will matter. Which adversley affects those who want war.

Making war attacks and ops only usable under war declaration makes it cumbersome to do simple pre-arranged retals.

You get the point. Every simple fix or combo of simple fixes, simply f's something else up or is only barely effective in the first place.

I will state once again. That the best way to eliminate suiciding under the current attack and game mechanics is to add a boolean variable to each state that they must select upon state creation on whether or not they are hostile or not. Which in turn dictates whether or not war attacks are enabled.

Those who click hostile can war attach and suicide each other to thier hearts content. Those who do not are impervious to it. Is it the most ideal solution. No.

The ideal solution would be a major mechanic overhaul like the one stated in the above thread. The boolean suggestions is the..... best alternative.

this game used to be about tradition and honor.

1. The game is based on a score. If you get out net or out war someone to get the better score that was considered honorable and fair play.
2. It used to be that if you warred someone that the next set you would start off with a clean slate.

HONOR & DIGNATY

Chris. that is not a terrible idea, but i dont think it would solve the problem of suiciders because on day 8 there would be alot of upset players.

Alot of poeple have lost the aspects of what the game is about, and what the goals are of the game. Its about having the best team, and winning the game. Suddenly alot of people realize they cannot compete to win so they just have fun in their own way at the expense of players who can complete.

When a nation was small and couldnt get first, what they would do is compete to see who could get the best avg nw. The best avg nw was considered more important the the total nw for many. It said even though you didnt have a 30-50 man nation, you had a tight group of very good players.

these days are gone. I dont mean to piont fingers and I wont, but it seemed to slip away when the whole Viet thing went down for 6 months in 04-05.

We have lost our way. Were is the honor and glory in simply warring someone because you can, or because you want to even if they dont.

We use to war people on priniples, and use real tactics. hold true to our retal policies, and go for the glory. That is all just a big fat joke now.

I think one thing we can do is actually right up something that states what the purpose of the game is, and what type of traditions we have, and let people know up front what the intension of the game is before they start playing. And if they are allready plaeyrs set them straight and ask them to comply or leave on their own.

No one considers what really is going on when they hit that little button. how it will effect that player, or the community. All i think pres is asking that is please consider others, and that we all play this game together, and we all must work together for it to work out.

BTW the old school top ten lists of all time sum up what the game is all about. There was never a top ten for suiciders was there.

I like what your saying here Maggio, but I don't think the game will ever return to that. I remember alot of wars and conflicts arising over retal policies, or nation farming or things that happened THAT SET, IN GAME.

9 times out of 10 it was a clean slate every set. Bygons be bygons. Hell I remember bitterly warring with a nation one set and the next set the two of us would merge to bitterly war someone else. Talking about letting the grudge go............ Could you see that happening today........?

The top netting nation wasn't warred or suicided on every set. If they won a few in a row or reeked of domination they were hit. Hence Domination leads to war. But every time a nation rose to the top they weren't gunned down to have the second best nation win every time.

Its a different game today. The community is different, the principles are different, how the game is played is different, and the total general mindset of the players and people involved are different.

We used to have several tags that endured. Trained new players who set out and set up even more stable tags. We used to have alliances that meant something. NAP"s that meant something. FA's that meant something.

We used to have balanced states that netted but stayed prepared for war because it was always an action or failed FA away.

Now we have new tags every set, infantry hording, alliance breaking, suiciding states every set, and never, a clean slate.

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 00:36
How about we ban the land droppers
How about we ban anyone who takes more then 2k of land from you on a single hit
How about we ban all 10+ man nations
How about we ban anyone who SA's someone and knocks them out of the top 10
How about we ban all inactives
How about we ban all players that only mass jets
How about we ban all players who complain about anything

I for one have been on the recieving and the giving side of suicides many times in WOW, and I never quite understood why everyone always complained about them.

I have been knocked out of the top 10 before someone taking a 4k land grab off me, actually knocked me down from 7 to about 30. Is that almost not the same as a suicide?

Really I think this is ridiculous..

I know your a really smart guy in RL.

May I recommend that instead of fighting the suggestions please come up with one that may make everyone happy, and have a bit more fun.

Please tell us what you really think is the problem and what a possible solution is. Look from the outside in. forget about your playing style forget about what you like forget about your nation and how everyone takes a crap on it. Just tell us what you think is the real problems here and what you think would make most of us happy again.

SmarT
09-05-2008, 01:01
I know your a really smart guy in RL.

May I recommend that instead of fighting the suggestions please come up with one that may make everyone happy, and have a bit more fun.

Please tell us what you really think is the problem and what a possible solution is. Look from the outside in. forget about your playing style forget about what you like forget about your nation and how everyone takes a crap on it. Just tell us what you think is the real problems here and what you think would make most of us happy again.

i dont really agree with Mhaphew on much, but i think the point he was making is that there is nothing you can do that is fair and where does it start and stop? And you will NEVER make everyone happy.

jasonlfunk
09-05-2008, 01:25
Smart is right. It is inherint to the game itself that suciding is possible. You cannot make it illegal without destroying the game itself. Much like the other things that he mentioned - they are enforced in game by nations, not outside of the game by admins. If you triple tap a state in a nation - the nation is probably going to kick your butt. We have some rules enforced by admins to make the ground as level as possible (no bots, no multies, etc) - but other than that - anything is fair game, though there will probably be in game consequences.

It's a lot like RL - if you do something stupid, you'll be hated and killed in RL but you won't be banned.

In NW - if you do something stupid, you'll be hated and killed in NW but you won't be banned.

Raul
09-05-2008, 02:11
lol.. yes, but with the fun comes respect for fellow players..

Nobody likes to be suicided. That is not fun.

i really dont see the difference in 1 guy suiciding me and killing me, and WLF declaring war over my noob nation and killing us all, its just different kind of warfare, WAR and Guerrilla...its all valid, no changes no anything, this is part of the game, some like to war, some net, some suicide, and well "suicide" inst the correct word, since many persons do it as a way of warring, since they cant take the big empires like USA, LOR or WLF. These nations own the game, so its fair for the smaller nations to have there way of hurting them. just a thought.

Raul
09-05-2008, 02:19
How about we ban the land droppers
How about we ban anyone who takes more then 2k of land from you on a single hit
How about we ban all 10+ man nations
How about we ban anyone who SA's someone and knocks them out of the top 10
How about we ban all inactives
How about we ban all players that only mass jets
How about we ban all players who complain about anything

I for one have been on the recieving and the giving side of suicides many times in WOW, and I never quite understood why everyone always complained about them.

I have been knocked out of the top 10 before someone taking a 4k land grab off me, actually knocked me down from 7 to about 30. Is that almost not the same as a suicide?

Really I think this is ridiculous..

How about ban a nation that wars a netting nation who wanted to net all set, they got all screw because of this nation FSing them, arent they ****ing there set too? all there efforts? isnt it the same? >_>

Bright
09-05-2008, 03:48
...who here remembers the old "This is world of WAR, not world of net" argument? :thumbdown:

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 07:49
i read an article a long time ago about World of Warcraft and how they do not tolerate "bullying". There definition was some very big high level player continueing to kill new players OPP. They had an entire team of people that worked on that.

My point is that in a simular situation they felt that it was not healthy for the game, and yes they suspended and deleted PAID accounts.

I dont want to do the whole this is what killed WOW thing, but one of the reasons the player count dropped drastically was suiciding. It was allways an option, but seemingly not as abused as now.

It seems that the player base we have now are all about just killing for fun, when that is not the fundamentals or the intent of the game set up. I say this because i know the guy who created the game, and I know the guy who owns Nation-Wars. the game was not intended to be played the way it is now.

Your supposed to war for rank, and start the set with a clean slate. IMO if you guys dont like that then please leave because your screwing it up for alot of us. You are a minority in your thinking.

create a nation, or join a nation and try to win as a nation. Kill when needed in order to win, not just because you can.

Rassputtin
09-05-2008, 12:43
Firstly,..... once again "suicide" is being thrown around far too loosely.
Secondly,...... Anyone who says they've been suicided on out of top spots for a few sets in a row (maphew) but that it doesnt bother them, is a liar.

Suicide is what the nation [TMG] is about to perform on [GRIM].

A two man nation declaring war, on a comparatively much larger nation unprovocked and for no reason, other than too see how many players sets they can ruin in our nation.

Well I apologize this is thier reason.

The nation The Mean Guys[TMG (http://game.nation-wars.com/nation_ministery.php?action=show_nation_list&nationid=35)] officially declared war on your nation at the 5th of September 2008 - 15:13:48.
Reason for the war: we heard morph blew ali last night haha

Anyway. Since they are a branch off of [WLF] perhaps it will not be a suicided and WLF will attack us as well. But these two idiots alone.

You know what...... I'm sick of talking about it. Nothings going to change except for the player count. Good day.

Morph
09-05-2008, 12:47
Firstly,..... once again "suicide" is being thrown around far too loosely.
Secondly,...... Anyone who says they've been suicided on out of top spots for a few sets in a row (maphew) but that it doesnt bother them, is a liar.

Suicide is what the nation [TMG] is about to perform on [GRIM].

A two man nation declaring war, on a comparatively much larger nation unprovocked and for no reason, other than too see how many players sets they can ruin in our nation.

Well I apologize this is thier reason.

The nation The Mean Guys[TMG (http://game.nation-wars.com/nation_ministery.php?action=show_nation_list&nationid=35)] officially declared war on your nation at the 5th of September 2008 - 15:13:48.
Reason for the war: we heard morph blew ali last night haha

Anyway. Since they are a branch off of [WLF] perhaps it will not be a suicided and WLF will attack us as well. But these two idiots alone.

You know what...... I'm sick of talking about it. Nothings going to change except for the player count. Good day.

as much as i hate wlf for some reasons cant blame them for this one...they lost a state too :P

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 15:05
lets keep it on topic and leave that war in that thread.

Bottom line is are you guys going to stop acting like immature idiots and play the game with honor or not?

MarineRecon
09-05-2008, 15:06
im playing with honor and warring who i wanna war

Rassputtin
09-05-2008, 15:08
lets keep it on topic and leave that war in that thread.

Bottom line is are you guys going to stop acting like immature idiots and play the game with honor or not?

Your right MAG, leave the war in that other thread.

However I think its clear that immature idiots are not going to play the game with honor. Matter of fact I believe that the war in that other thread makes that.................... very clear.

MarineRecon
09-05-2008, 15:12
i have problems with certain people so i warred them...i dont need respect from a game lol u guys are the ones callin pepl names seems u guys are getting more pissed off then i am haha

ooga booga
09-05-2008, 17:45
Ladies, ladies ladies! I just had to read 2 whole pages about Effing grammar. :P Can we get back on topic please? lol

Suiciding is lame. We all know this. Question is does suiciding merit a ban? Can we classify suiciding or is every case different? Would bans solve the problem? Rass made a suggestion earlier that caught my eye. Hey Rass would you be able to change your stance mid-set though? Saying I declare "non-hostile" at beginning of set, but I'm doing bad netting and some of my friends are in trouble in a war, could I change my state to "hostile" and war the other hostile states? And the non-hostile states could still be "protected". It's a dramatic change to the game and I don't know how effective it may be, but it's something to look at/think about.

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 17:46
Max, and pron STOP! your doing nothing but spamming take it on messenger if you want, but this is an important thread. thank you.

MarineRecon
09-05-2008, 20:20
Ladies, ladies ladies! I just had to read 2 whole pages about Effing grammar. :P Can we get back on topic please? lol

Suiciding is lame. We all know this. Question is does suiciding merit a ban? Can we classify suiciding or is every case different? Would bans solve the problem? Rass made a suggestion earlier that caught my eye. Hey Rass would you be able to change your stance mid-set though? Saying I declare "non-hostile" at beginning of set, but I'm doing bad netting and some of my friends are in trouble in a war, could I change my state to "hostile" and war the other hostile states? And the non-hostile states could still be "protected". It's a dramatic change to the game and I don't know how effective it may be, but it's something to look at/think about.

if u do this then whoever goes hostile will be sitting ducks to anybody who isnt hostile...the non hostile states can stock turns and have massive military and then just change to hostile and rape them...that wont work and will ruin the game even more

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 21:52
I just deleted 56 posts that were nothing but stupid arguments, finger pointing and more LOR BS. that is not what this post is about. MR P. did not finger one person or one nation in particular. He asked for the Suicide BS to stop or he would have to put a stop to it.

can you all handle that or not?

Stop the BS that is ruining the game for the majority of the players. God****it STOP!

SmarT
09-05-2008, 22:28
trying to regulate the game even further will ruining it, i can say i will quit if there is more regulations. suicides, triples, its all the same. in the way that each nation should deal with it in there own way. that would be like making a rule that if u are tripled, your nation must do 5 AA's against him 10 AR's or u will get baned. now doesnt that sound silly? and dont you think the suicider spent his time and effort into prepairing a hit on someone?

MAGGIO
09-05-2008, 22:36
Oh i so agree (not the quitting part)!

I do believe the way that I read the first post was.

Please stop doing this type of action and playing this way OR....

All the guy was asking for was a few people to stop the crap and play the way the game was intended to be played.

The whole suiciding thing has gone from once in a while to everyset.

The whole set to set grudge thing has gone from once in a while to every set.

Not tooting my own horn or anything like that. But the USSR spun off alot of nations. Soul Dark and others. Not until recently did I see how valuable that was to the community. the members for good or bad were learning how to play by the old traditions and then spreading their wings and starting their own thing. This is IMO the best possible thing for the game to have, and what is lacking today.

pron
09-05-2008, 23:44
Max, and pron STOP! your doing nothing but spamming take it on messenger if you want, but this is an important thread. thank you.

Np mein feurher. (No idea how to spell German.)

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 00:09
where does it say in the game u cant suicide its a part of the game...pepl play different then others u cant force them not to play a way u can...u dont wanna lose members but ure gonna either way apparently then now...all these changes and rules were ruining WoW and now ure gonna do it to NW

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 00:15
*edit*

where does it say in the game u cant suicide its a part of the game...pepl play different then others u cant force them not to play a way u can...u dont wanna lose members but ure gonna either way apparently then now...all these changes and rules were ruining WoW and now ure gonna do it to NW

Mr P. said please stop or I may have to change rules etc...

Certain players said I wont stop its how I play bugger off.

Why dont they stop being a complete a$$holes for one second and think about the community and not just the way they like to play.

If they only care about your self, and your fun then take a hike, and dont come back IMO.

The group of us that are left obviously wanted the game back, and stuck through all the crap to get it back the way it is now. I dont appriciate their additudes towards the community based on the posts, and I am sure not many others do either.

Why dont tehy focus more on trying to win, or try to get their nation to win, instead of trying to make people loose.

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 00:19
o man maggio is getting tough..ure kool now...wut if im tryin 2 help a nation win and takin out certain pepl on the way...im gonna keep playing the way i want and if u dont like it then **** u

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 00:26
o man maggio is getting tough..ure kool now...wut if im tryin 2 help a nation win and takin out certain pepl on the way...im gonna keep playing the way i want and if u dont like it then **** u

not all players who kill other players for illigitimate reasons are doing it to gain rank, or help friends.

Argue the main point. Argue the point that some players are just simply killing people for the enjoyment of doing so, and for that reason alone.

Dont try to put stupid twists on definitions, and circumstances that may or may not exist.

I think Mr P. is refering to suiciders as the people that are just ruining peoples set because they can or just for fun.

Bright
09-06-2008, 00:49
A lot of team spirit is missing from the game right now, people play for themselves, jumping to whatever nation can be used for their ulterior motives, whether its warring, suicide, or starting somewhere only to jump to another nation because they support 300m infantry and don't cater to their needs, instead of reducing their army by 50m inf and replacing it with more jets and ships to match the current NA.

Teamwork also needs to make a comeback before things can get rolling again.

Every man for himself can work for vets, but doesn't do so well for the average or new players who tend to want to stick together more than someone aiming for first every set.

Here's to hoping.

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 01:24
yeah some pepl may wanna kill pepl for the fun of it so be it wuts wrong with them wanting to have fun...nothing but everybody calls it suicide or *****es about it non stop...get over it and defend against it or deal with it...teamwork went out the window ive tried to run a nation but they got shot down right away once pepl new who i was as a state...nothing is ever gonna get fixed with peoples problems it will always continue because nobody will forget wut sumbody did and let them do over and try sumthing new cuz they will want to **** with them back

pron
09-06-2008, 01:32
If they only care about your self, and your fun then take a hike, and dont come back IMO.

Yet you ask him to sacrifice his fun for your fun. Isn't that only caring about your self and your fun?

Just playing devil's advocate.

Xavior
09-06-2008, 01:40
yeah some pepl may wanna kill pepl for the fun of it so be it wuts wrong with them wanting to have fun...nothing but everybody calls it suicide or *****es about it non stop...get over it and defend against it or deal with it...teamwork went out the window ive tried to run a nation but they got shot down right away once pepl new who i was as a state...nothing is ever gonna get fixed with peoples problems it will always continue because nobody will forget wut sumbody did and let them do over and try sumthing new cuz they will want to **** with them back

Once people knew you were a suicider your nation was shot down? Hm, wonder why?

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 10:42
Yet you ask him to sacrifice his fun for your fun. Isn't that only caring about your self and your fun?

Just playing devil's advocate.

sacrifice his "fun" so that more people can have fun. I am not having fun either way. I just expand and build and post on the forums.

not even sacrafice is fun, but try another way to have fun, or make something else about the game more of his interest.

Max Logan
09-06-2008, 14:04
Np mein feurher. (No idea how to spell German.)

Now, I know German, but I have NO IDEA what you said there.

And Marine, you can come all the times you want! Just stay away from everyone else. You can kill Morph and 'attack' me all set long! :P

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 14:08
Now, I know German, but I have NO IDEA what you said there.

And Marine, you can come all the times you want! Just stay away from everyone else. You can kill Morph and 'attack' me all set long! :P

No problem my leader is what it translates into. TY bablefish

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 14:25
i might have to take u up on that Max...mayb...

Max Logan
09-06-2008, 18:03
i might have to take u up on that Max...mayb...

can you? never seen you done anything remarkable. or note worthy

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 18:04
me either just another nub around here

Max Logan
09-06-2008, 18:07
so all your talk about how you gonna come after us is just plain baseless.

you can`t do ****

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 18:08
idk u guys are to pro for me to do anything =( u guys are my role models i wanna be just like u guys haha

Max Logan
09-06-2008, 19:36
gotta compensate for your lack of skill by suiciding people who have it. thats all you know

MarineRecon
09-06-2008, 19:37
tru u got me there...feelings are totally crushed

jameswheel
10-06-2008, 12:22
Every set it's the same crap. Someone suicides, and then the next set that person gets even and suicides, and then that person gets even again and it's an endless cycle.

I don't understand you people. For the better part of a year you all complained and wished WoW was still around. Well here we are only in our 5th set and you pull this crap. And yes i do know who each and one of you who are doing these. I'm a little shocked on some, not so shocked by others.

Listen, if you don't care about the game or you are bored with it, then just leave. Why would you do things to hurt the game?

I have brought the suiciding subject up to you all many times and tried to leave things in your hands to keep it under control. That doesn't seem to be working.

So this is the last warning. if this continues then i'm going to reinstate the dead states and ban the suiciders.

So to help me out and to also help the game out, why don't you all just call it even. I know it's fun for some of you, but many of us have put a lot of time in this game to keep it running, so we are not finding it as funny as you are. I know some of you could care less, so all i'm asking is, just leave if you don't care..

One other thing i'm tired of reading is, whenever something doesn't go someones way they say this game is dying and it sucks and your quitting.. Am i suppose to beg you to stay? If so, i'm not going to. Of course i want as many people in this game, but at the same time we could do without the BS all the time.

We are currently making some nice changes to get our name out and increase membership. We will be running some ads, doing banner swaps and a few other things, all to increase membership. And i'm 99% sure it's going to work. This game is not going anywhere. We pretty much got all the members we could from word of mouth so now it's time to step it up and get more by using other means. If you want to be a part of it, great. if not then thanks for playing and have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We all play this for fun. We all love to war at times and net at times. But none of us like to be suicided. So why do you do it back and keep it going?
Just let it drop here and now. Cause if it continues, you won't be here much longer.
Lets see if you stand behind this and give me my inf/land back.

MAGGIO
10-06-2008, 12:29
Lets see if you stand behind this and give me my inf/land back.

You may want to send a PM, he may not see this post.