PDA

View Full Version : wow

SmarT
09-06-2008, 04:55
i stumbled on this http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

youngwebsolutions
09-06-2008, 05:56
i stumbled on this http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

the 'bad' thing is.. it's only upto date till a year ago.. imagine what it would be by now!

Up to date as of October 5, 2007.

DBozMen
09-06-2008, 08:29
crap that are a lot!

FriM46
09-06-2008, 11:27
I don't quite understand whats goin on here, are they saying all those countries have attacked Iraq in the last 8 years?

and yea, what'd you think war was?

Dogma
09-06-2008, 11:32
I think that shows all the ppl of those countries that have died

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 11:43
you know what kinda irratates me on this stuff.

we only care about the "good guys".

What about the inocent iraqi civs?

If we actually really knew the number we would be shocks. I would bet that iraqi militant fatalities is 100x greater, and iraqi civ fatalities is 10-25x greater.

FriM46
09-06-2008, 11:48
you know what kinda irratates me on this stuff.

we only care about the "good guys".

What about the inocent iraqi civs?

If we actually really knew the number we would be shocks. I would bet that iraqi militant fatalities is 100x greater, and iraqi civ fatalities is 10-25x greater.

I think that page covers ALL fatalities in Iraq since 2000-2005, but once I again, I don't understand the "by country" thing

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 12:44
I think that page covers ALL fatalities in Iraq since 2000-2005, but once I again, I don't understand the "by country" thing

What isn't there to understand. You can check or uncheck the boxes to the right that are next to the country. You leave one country checked, and it shows where and when a military personal was killed.

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 13:09

it only covers the "good guys".

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 17:59

what are you insinuating? that these brave men who were killed were bad men? better watch your mouth

Will
09-06-2008, 18:00
What he's saying is that we consider Iraqi lives to be worthless.

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 18:02
What he's saying is that we consider Iraqi lives to be worthless.

Which is bull****. I know people who have served over there and to engage for an Air Strike or Artillery you must go through a lot before you do. They don't consider an Iraqi life as being worthless. He needs to go talk to people who have been there and not make such accusations.

Will
09-06-2008, 18:04
Which is bull****. I know people who have served over there and to engage for an Air Strike or Artillery you must go through a lot before you do. They don't consider an Iraqi life as being worthless. He needs to go talk to people who have been there and not make such accusations.

That has nothing to do with saving Iraqi lives and everything to do with covering the arse of the military. If there was no press in Iraq the "occupying forces" would behave like the mongols.

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 18:13
That has nothing to do with saving Iraqi lives and everything to do with covering the arse of the military. If there was no press in Iraq the "occupying forces" would behave like the mongols.

You obviously haven't talked to people who have been there. Every one I know didn't treat the Iraqis as subhuman and did their best not to hurt innocent people. So you're saying that if there was no press that our soldiers would be massacring civilians and not caring one bit?

Will
09-06-2008, 18:14
You obviously haven't talked to people who have been there. Every one I know didn't treat the Iraqis as subhuman and did their best not to hurt innocent people. So you're saying that if there was no press that our soldiers would be massacring civilians and not caring one bit?

It would happen far more often.

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 18:16
It would happen far more often.

I think you underestimate our servicemen and women. Including Britain.

Will
09-06-2008, 18:21
I think you overestimate them. The longer the occupation continues, the higher the probability of such incidents occuring. Regardless, the western media in general does not give a **** about Iraqi deaths. The death of a single US or British soldier is generally considered more newsworthy than the deaths of 100 Iraqis.

Xavior
09-06-2008, 18:51
I think what Will meant by 'we' is the general public, not specifically the military?

Will
09-06-2008, 18:52
That is correct.

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 19:32
can anyone tell me two numbers.

how many iraqi military deaths have there been exactly?

how many iraqi civilian deaths have there been exactly?

If you know the true numbers than you have more info than most of us. If we really knew it would be hippis agains war time 100.

why do we know exactly how many US deaths there have been, but we dont know (us the general public that is) how many enemy casualties there has been.

I saw something about our technolgy vs theirs and basically it was saying that statistically the ratio should be like 100:1 meaning for every one us death there should be 100 iraqi death.

to blackwater dont tell me to do anything you cant back up. watch my mouth or what? youll flame me in the forums....grow up. clearly you missed my point on my post, so i will await my appology.

Xavior
09-06-2008, 20:31
For troops in the U.S.-led multinational coalition, the death toll is carefully tracked and updated daily, and the names and photographs of those killed in action as well as in accidents have been published widely. Regarding the Iraqis, however, information on both military and civilian casualties is both less precise and less consistent. Given the political significance of these figures and the varied agendas of all parties, no source can be considered free of bias. Estimates of casualty levels are available from reporters on the scene, from officials of involved organizations, and from groups that summarize information on incidents reported in the news media.

Iraqi Health Ministry survey (JUNE 2006)
151,000 violent deaths out of 400,000 excess deaths due to the war.

Lancet survey (JUNE 2006)
601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths.

Opinion Research Business survey (AUGUST 2007)
1,033,000 violent deaths as a result of the conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Documented civilian deaths from violence:
86,863 – 94,781

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/ (http://www.iraqbodycount.org/)

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 20:45
Iraqi Health Ministry survey (JUNE 2006)
151,000 violent deaths out of 400,000 excess deaths due to the war.

Lancet survey (JUNE 2006)
601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths.

Opinion Research Business survey (AUGUST 2007)
1,033,000 violent deaths as a result of the conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Documented civilian deaths from violence:
86,863 – 94,781

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/ (http://www.iraqbodycount.org/)

thank you very much. honest.

now my question is why doesnt the american media shove this down our throats like all the over crap about the war.

why does the american government push these stats.

Blackwater
09-06-2008, 22:41
Maggio don't expect an apology from me any time soon. You never answered my question as to what you meant by your first comment. Also, learn how many of those civilians were killed by American forces and how many were killed by terrorists and secular fighting. You'll notice a large difference.

Also I said to watch your mouth because of your first comment which insinuated our servicemen/women are bad guys. I don't care for slime that says that. I have no way to back it up and wasn't saying it like I would some how find and kick your ***, cause that's just silly.

Lastly, the American Media does mention those stats, all the time. They have recently stopped reporting them because the Iraq War is going well and it no longer sells papers. They only want to write about bad things, which is American soldiers being killed or a large suicide bombing in a market cause those sell. With the US Presidential Election in full gear, you won't hear much about Iraq unless something large happens.

MAGGIO
09-06-2008, 23:10
my comment was only to say that the website does not nearly show all of the deaths involved in the war because I know its way up there.

civilian will always be a casualty of war, but i do think that the US has went to lengths to prevent more loss of life than in previous wars like vietnam.

My big point was that many more iraqi people civ, and mil have been killed than american and allied forces. many many more.

life is life, and not everyone person who has died was pure evil as we would all like to think. (or maybe some of us would at least)

Xavior
09-06-2008, 23:20
ABC News was going to do a special on the American casualty count a while ago but it was pulled after complaints that it was politial ammunition for the Liberals.

KLL
09-07-2008, 05:38
I think you underestimate our servicemen and women. Including Britain.

well the reports of peopel gettig nraped and peopel gettig nbeaten for no reason in coutnries with occupation forces i nthem, most notably currently.. Iraq, Afhanistan, the Balakn area... they're all lies?

anyway, i do think you got awell easy, considerign this is a WAR. heck, less american soldiers died in the invasion than durign the south ossetia war.. which lasted less than a week in a county smaller than south caroline and a smilar population.. barely much larger than LA
the iraqis on the other hand.. they got the short end.

FriM46
09-07-2008, 11:45

Its war... Theres always gonna be innocent fatalities... Blame Bush

Bram Gotink
09-07-2008, 14:54

I remember hearing something about Iraqis dying a couple of years ago, but now Iraq is "so 20 minutes ago" (meaning: not interesting anymore)

American bombers bombed a wedding party, that was the item. "They were terrorists" Sure, whatever... terrorists at a wedding party... with children, seniors and of course the couple supposed to be wed. If I remember correctly, the misses died.

But no, the Iraqi casualties aren't counted on this site and that's what disgusts me the most.
Of course, the number of fatalities is horrifying as well...

KLL
09-07-2008, 16:22
I remember hearing something about Iraqis dying a couple of years ago, but now Iraq is "so 20 minutes ago" (meaning: not interesting anymore)

American bombers bombed a wedding party, that was the item. "They were terrorists" Sure, whatever... terrorists at a wedding party... with children, seniors and of course the couple supposed to be wed. If I remember correctly, the misses died.

But no, the Iraqi casualties aren't counted on this site and that's what disgusts me the most.
Of course, the number of fatalities is horrifying as well...

wasn'T that afghanistan?
or was that when you bombed the canadians?

Xavior
09-07-2008, 16:25
I believe the Canadians have only been bombed once by Friendly Fire in Afghanistan. And that was by the Americans, not the Belgians.

KLL
09-07-2008, 16:26
I believe the Canadians have only been bombed once by Friendly Fire in Afghanistan. And that was by the Americans, not the Belgians.

thought for a moment he was american.

Blackwater
09-07-2008, 16:43
well the reports of peopel gettig nraped and peopel gettig nbeaten for no reason in coutnries with occupation forces i nthem, most notably currently.. Iraq, Afhanistan, the Balakn area... they're all lies?

anyway, i do think you got awell easy, considerign this is a WAR. heck, less american soldiers died in the invasion than durign the south ossetia war.. which lasted less than a week in a county smaller than south caroline and a smilar population.. barely much larger than LA
the iraqis on the other hand.. they got the short end.

I never said it doesn't happen, but the frequency is quite low and when it does happen, they are dealt with. Don't twist my words please.

Blackwater
09-07-2008, 16:51
my comment was only to say that the website does not nearly show all of the deaths involved in the war because I know its way up there.

civilian will always be a casualty of war, but i do think that the US has went to lengths to prevent more loss of life than in previous wars like vietnam.

My big point was that many more iraqi people civ, and mil have been killed than american and allied forces. many many more.

life is life, and not everyone person who has died was pure evil as we would all like to think. (or maybe some of us would at least)

No sh!t it's not showing all the deaths! It's showing US and allied forces deaths. That is the purpose of the site! Also I never said that all Iraqis that died were evil people. A good amount are innocent people who died from either secular fighting, terrorism or from US/Allied Forces. There are plenty of sites that deal with the Iraqi Civilian death toll. So what if a site shows only US/Allied Forces deaths. Stop being so **** PC

MAGGIO
09-07-2008, 17:13
Get off my Jock, I didnt know I was not aloud to post my opinions.

Bottom LIne, cool site, even cooler if it showed all the deaths, not just the ones that count for most people.

-Z-
09-07-2008, 22:16
Get off my Jock, I didnt know I was not aloud to post my opinions.

Bottom LIne, cool site, even cooler if it showed all the deaths, not just the ones that count for most people.

They say all the deaths in total is aprox 1M now, since the war began.

and thats just in Iraq...

GWS is giving other warlords a run for their money!

Z

Cemetary
09-08-2008, 05:58
hes just doing his part to keep overpopulation down

Bram Gotink
09-08-2008, 14:30
that's nature's job

Why do you think we have hurricanes, storms, floods, epidemics and AIDS ? b/c the world population is too high and nature has decided to get rid of us...

1 M ?
****, that's a lot of people... and all of them are someone's brother/sister/mother/daughter/son/father/friend/...

Xavior
09-08-2008, 14:42
War affects a whole generation or two of people. And that is one million KILLED. Imagine the injured, displaced, orphans, etc..

Blackwater
09-08-2008, 16:59
War affects a whole generation or two of people. And that is one million KILLED. Imagine the injured, displaced, orphans, etc..

You're listing an estimate, the highest of all of the estimates. It's also as low as 60k

-Z-
09-08-2008, 18:17
You're listing an estimate, the highest of all of the estimates. It's also as low as 60k

when was your last labotomy Blackwater?

Z

Xavior
09-08-2008, 19:35
I was referencing Bram's post, if I want to actually use real numbers, I would use one of the two numbers from the survey's I posted last page. The Iraqi Government one is obviously on the low side, all casualties listed by governments is low or the country would be rioting.

And 60k? Do you honestly believe your war has only killed 60k Iraqi civilians?

MAGGIO
09-08-2008, 19:51
1 M ?
****, that's a lot of people... and all of them are someone's brother/sister/mother/daughter/son/father/friend/...

that was my only point to begin with. People are poeple, and other people are effected by their deaths.

Blackwater
09-08-2008, 22:13
when was your last labotomy Blackwater?

Z

He gave the highest estimate, I gave the lowest. No need to insult me Z. I never stated that was the actual number. I'm just showing the the range is quite large. Do people even bother reading anymore...