PDA

View Full Version : Final Chapter

Mr President
09-08-2008, 21:17
Now that the members know it is time for the community to know.

USA is and has been a icon for this game. We have been around a long time and we have made some great friends in the game, but sadly times have changed.

With me now being the admin, i have not been able to keep up with everything and i have dropped the ball more times then i care to mention. Which is not like me.. But i just don't have the time to keep up with it all.

So with that, at the end of this set, i have decided to retire the nation. We may still gather for a reunion set here and there, but for the most part USA will no longer exist.

We are working hard to get new members and make the game even better then it is. This takes a lot of time as changes need to be made. And it wouldn't be fair to the nation members or our friends to continue down this path.

I thought about handing it over to someone else, but i would always step on toes to the next leader. Mainly cause USA was something i created and i would want it ran a certain way.. So it wouldn't be fair to the new President.

As i stated when Dak retired, i plan on making a "hall of fame" page.
When a nation retires, the LEADER can ask to have this nation voted into the hall of fame. In there, the nations banner, leader names and a little history about it. And when nations are in the hall of fame, those tags can't be used by anyone else UNLESS the creator of the nation ok's it, and then it will be removed from the hall of fame.

Anyway, this is prolly the hardest choice i have had to make. It has been a great ride.

I want to thank all of our friends we have made in the game and even the foes. You all have made it worthwhile. And to all the members of USA, like i said in the nation message, you all started out as members, and now we end as friends..

-Chris-
09-08-2008, 21:34
Then let the nominations begin.

I, Chris, members of the Nation-Wars development team, leader of Chaos Brotherhood, spawn of WLF, angst of SOUL, hereby nominate the great and fair nation of America [USA] for the first ever, New World of War......no....Nation-Wars Hall of Fame.

Any seconders?

Xavior
09-08-2008, 21:46
USA has definately been around for a very long time. I remember when you guys were a really small 5-6 man nation :)

Anyways, you certainly deserve the break Mr P. I don't know if the Hall of Fame is needed, I mean, even if someone were to steal the tag, everyone would know it is not the same nation. But the other part of the HoF is a good idea.

Crimson Shadow
09-08-2008, 22:42
USA has been my only home throughout my entire NW/WoW career, and i must say im really sad to see it retired. I am truly honored to have been in USA for the past 42 sets :) and that it was great being able to serve the nation as Sec of Defense for almost 1/2 of that.

I see where pres is coming from because it is his nation and having someone else run it just wouldn't make sense. USA will ALWAYS be my true home even if it is retired, and maybe when the day comes we can bring the old tag back.

I will second the HoF chris.

kingmyth
09-08-2008, 23:08
Well this kinda sucks, like crimson I've been with USA for all my WOW/NW career with the occasional break but I'm Sad to see it go but hopefully in the future we can come back and kick some ***. This is going to change the balance of power and i hope another nation is ready to fill the shoes that MR. P. has created and police NW for the good of the whole community not just its self. I'm proud to have served under MR. P. and the rest of the cabinet and hopefully it won't be too long before we all are under one nation again.

Not sure, but can i Third the motion?

Raul
09-09-2008, 00:16
Ohhh nooo, nonono, the game wont ever be the same =(, sad sad sad, well but i must respect Mr Pres decition, and i recognize the sacrifice made my mr pres in order to have more time as admin, thanks man, and off course i vote yes for the hall of fame, also wanted to mention not to forget USSR which Maggio retired lately for the hall of fame

Long Live USA =)

northbabylon
09-09-2008, 00:46
Ah...where do i begin? I really don't know. USA was the nation that made me into the player that i am today. I have played every set since aug 03, and since then only 6-7 times was i not in USA. Back in the day i also lead USA for a set or two while pres was away. Good times indeed. I learned a lot from all the the great USA vets. cyber spider, not sure how many of you remember him, but helped me a lot in the beginning of my career. kalifornia/giggles helped me out a lot too. USA was always my home and even if i wasn't in the nation i knew that if USA got in trouble i would jump tag no matter what nation i was in to help their cause. USA will always be my home, my nation and my place to be. LONG LIVE USA!

ranger2112
09-09-2008, 01:10
my love for USA is unfaltering. since it will be gone, I now find myself nationless. Will anyone let me in?

MAGGIO
09-09-2008, 01:23
I think its absolutely shelfishless.

To give up your own empire after years to better the game for all of the community.

Three cheers.

To those in the USA dont be afraid to branch out and start your own nations. We need nations like yours to help train new players in the ways of tradition and honor in which Mr P. lead the USA.

To those who still have old nations, dont be afraid to make a simular sacrafise and branch out to create nations never heard of before. Change is good if you make it good.

Shedding what is left of our old World of War ways and becoming true Nation War'rs, can only lead to brighter things for us all.

thank you for the kind mention for the USSR in the HOF, I wanted to change things up in game, for myself, and which will lead to better things for the community.

The same all day in and day out becomes stale. And who hear really like stale cookies?

Dogma
09-09-2008, 01:58
I know that I served in USA for quite a long time, and I will always cherish the ppl that i became friends with. USa was the epitome of my style of game play I have been and always will be proud of my time in USA. Even though I was a relative new comer to the nation, I came to consider it my home. Even when I was in other nations, I always knew that if the Motherland needed me, no matter where I was, no matter what my calling may have been, I was always faithful. I know I jumped this set and started my own nation but it isn't my nation, it belongs to my family and in haste I started it without permission. Therefore next set I will be starting my own nation and in the spirit of USA I will be one to champion justice and fairness. Any USA state that desires to, shall be welcomed with open arms into my natio (yet to be determined) but it is how I play.

Mr President, Not only are you also welcome in my nation as a member and a comrad, but you are also considered one of my friends. I have many acquaintences in this game, but only a few real friends and you, Sir, are one. Thank you for all you do and Dogma's door is alwyas open to you. Not just ingame, but always.

kanman
09-09-2008, 02:18
Sad to see USA go. A lot of my war memories involve USA though we were always on opposite sides. I always respected USA in and out of the game.

ranger2112
09-09-2008, 02:22
ok lets get this **** straight. USA is not gone, just the name. its members will carry on its rich and respected reputation wherever they go. we will uphold its values and continue to embody its spirit

Dogma
09-09-2008, 02:24
ok lets get this **** straight. USA is not gone, just the name. its members will carry on its rich and respected reputation wherever they go. we will uphold its values and continue to embody its spirit

D amn Straight

DBozMen
09-09-2008, 03:59
no, this can't be happening!

I do respect your decision, and i know it must have been a hard one. But we still got the reality of things that happen.

I'm glad that WLF and the USA have the past as it is, warring against eachother, warring with eachother and playing netting aswell. For many sets we have been close allies and close enemies and still we respect the USA as a fair nation.

WLF says CHEERS! Go USA, and we see you back at the reunion!

Mahdi
09-09-2008, 12:37
*The crowd lowers its head as the torches touch the flags of this once great nation, the lights cut out as the national anthem begins to fade in the background. A speaker gets in front of the crowd. "Ladies, and Gentleman Seeing is believing! It is Time for a NEW Era in this world! Long Live Those That Remember America [USA]!" The crowd roars with the ferocity of lions gathered for the hunt*

Divine Intervention
09-09-2008, 16:28
despite a bad ending i would first of all like to nominate Democratic Arse Kickers to the Hall of Fame. Then USSR and USA. 3 great nations.
regarding USA, despite having somewhat of a decreased opinion of you guys in the past couple of sets its still a shame you go, always
thought you guys had a great loyal membership and great members :)

Missionary
09-09-2008, 19:57
your gunna go without me actually finishing a set in your nation Mr.P lol :(

Edit: i ok i joined the last few days like 2 sets ago but that barely counts lol

Rassputtin
09-10-2008, 04:20
USA, has sort of become an iconic presence in the game. Think about it. How many nations have been so unfaltering in thier existence? Its not just the longevity either. Of the few nations that come to mind when you attempt to answer my first question. How many of them were consistently based on the same principles and held true to them?

The nation of USA has taken on a persona seperate from that of its constituents. It has taken on an image of its own. A noble image, a righteous image.

It will be sad to look at the nation scores and not see USA there.

But on a brighter note, it will be good to see new, strong nations emerge.

HOF USA!

And I don't think any of us can think MR. P enough for all the work and sacrifice he has made.

Thanks.

Rassputtin
09-10-2008, 04:22
BTW. Exiled USA members are welcome in my nation.

SmarT
09-10-2008, 10:35
good luck to all ex-usa members, it feels a little lost around here when the motherland is gone, but i second the nominate for USA, USSR, and DAK

Max Logan
09-10-2008, 13:33
USA is The S Hit!
Been an honor to play with you guys! ;)

Bah! Do I have to stick with Rass now :glare:

ooga booga
09-10-2008, 14:27
It's been an honor and a pleasure to call USA my home over the past year or so. It's been great playing with fellow USA members and friends. The name is gone but our friendships and values/traditions will live on. It's a sad time to see this great nation go, but we all support Mr. P's decision to build the game first before the nation. I'm thankful for the friends I have made and the good times we shared.