PDA

View Full Version : opinion: history of NW

MAGGIO
09-17-2008, 14:09
Not your history, but the game history. Some of us are newer than others.

Can you give a breif history of the game in your opinion from WOW in 02' till NW in 08'

I again will be using the info for an article that I am writing about the game.

No info on your nation etc...just the game in general, and how we came about today.

pcgluva
09-17-2008, 20:38
well i can tell what i remember from april 04. when i stated im pretty sure we still have about 1500 members. it was just starting to decline. members like stoness, kenny(bled), Breati, Nova, Hawkeye, Jameswheel, Kat, Volz, Rwl, and many others where well known. Curly, Shadyglen and Yesican, were all obsessed with Criket. things like that

Most will remember before i suggested the drop down box for upgrading the fact we used to have click 8 different times for each units to fully upgrade them

Euro Era- Euro came in in 05 or 06 and tottally rocked the wow community, by a 1 hit only retail policy and such, it was a crazy few sets

Lor & Co. (WLF DL Lor2 and others) Era there used to be huge rivalries in this game where u were garrunteed a good war and good forum action.

Who can forget the Viet Hackers around xmas time that got the game hacked just around newyears. any link for the game would be redirected to athis chineese sight.

thats all for right now if i have any more ill edit this

MAGGIO
09-17-2008, 20:49
i was looking for something more indepth, and not nation related...

Crimson Shadow
09-17-2008, 21:17
I never really got involved in the community until after WoW was shut down. Hard to remember 3 years ago, but here goes my recollection as best as I can remember.

Start -- Apr 05. Numbers at that time were drastically declining (like 500 or so?) Some of the most powerful nations when I started were LoR, WLF, xPJx, SOUL?, RO?, USA, and DaK.

Hacking -- A few hacks that I remember were when someone (viets?) hacked viali's account and sold all his units on the bm. Then the same person hacked a USA member's account and everyone was booted from the nation except people with M priv and the booted states were sent a message immediately saying "I see USA doesn't want you, Join LoR." The other hack sean already mentioned. Year of the Pig FTW. lol

Warring -- From what I remember, wars were never taken as personally as they are now. The forums were all about casually discussing the war and reasons for it. Now the community has moved into a state where all wars are taken personally and everyone who has ever been inside the nation is a hypocrite. I never really saw the hardcore bashing like it is today start until the end of WoW and the beginning of NW. Going along with what Sean said, there were quite a few rivalries and you could expect a war out of most of the bigger nations almost every single set. LoR/WLF and DL/USA were some of the bigger ones.

Losing Members -- I'm not sure why we started losing members because that was before my time. But the big reasons I remember losing what little members we had was because of the game being hacked almost every single set and then members getting tired of it and quitting. The other reason I already mentioned, and that is wars are taken so personal that people just want to up and quit because they are constantly bashed for everything they do.

Not sure if this is what you wanted or not maggio, but i will probably add more later once I've had time to think.

Will
09-21-2008, 15:17
The Ancient times (2001) : OBS and DDLM are the two superpowers ruling over every other tag, challenged by many, defeated by few. Euro is part of Martyrs in this period.

Old school era (2002-2003) Many nations emerge during this period, including Valhalla, UAAF, E, WLF, GBR (Later SSC) SOB, Dak and most important of all, BG. BG dominates the game so decisively that it takes a large coalition of the old vets to take them down. (the best of these wars has been detailed in the Euro recruitment thread) Euro becomes a small (4-10 players on average) but very dangerous nation in this era. The game reaches it's peak in terms of player count (over 2000 players at one point)

Middle Era (2004-2005) Having reached it's peak, the player count begins to slowly decline, gradually reducing the quality of play. Notable nations to emerge include LOR and some others. Lack of consensus in the community allows LOR to become very powerful, before finally a coalition emerges to take it down.

New Era (2006 - present) The game continues it's decline in player numbers, before shutting down as "World of War" and returning as "Nation Wars" some time later. The rest is up to us.

SmarT
09-25-2008, 23:17
i just remember war, war and some more wars.

-Z-
09-28-2008, 05:47
The Ancient times (2001) : OBS and DDLM are the two superpowers ruling over every other tag, challenged by many, defeated by few. Euro is part of Martyrs in this period.

Old school era (2002-2003) Many nations emerge during this period, including Valhalla, UAAF, E, WLF, GBR (Later SSC) SOB, Dak and most important of all, BG. BG dominates the game so decisively that it takes a large coalition of the old vets to take them down. (the best of these wars has been detailed in the Euro recruitment thread) Euro becomes a small (4-10 players on average) but very dangerous nation in this era. The game reaches it's peak in terms of player count (over 2000 players at one point)

Middle Era (2004-2005) Having reached it's peak, the player count begins to slowly decline, gradually reducing the quality of play. Notable nations to emerge include LOR and some others. Lack of consensus in the community allows LOR to become very powerful, before finally a coalition emerges to take it down.

New Era (2006 - present) The game continues it's decline in player numbers, before shutting down as "World of War" and returning as "Nation Wars" some time later. The rest is up to us.

I nominate Will as the Official NW Historian!

Z

-Z-
09-28-2008, 05:48
I remember one hecktic set, when Svenne Made stealing Legal.

well he changed destroy $ to steal $ onhand.

LOL that was a crazy set.

he changed it back next set, because it was so abused.

Z

Hoebawt
09-28-2008, 12:00
Yea lol we stole from everyone...... we barly ahd to sell any military to support our war... great times

StrikeForce
10-04-2008, 14:41
well i can tell what i remember from april 04. when i stated im pretty sure we still have about 1500 members. it was just starting to decline. members like stoness, kenny(bled), Breati, Nova, Hawkeye, Jameswheel, Kat, Volz, Rwl, and many others where well known. Curly, Shadyglen and Yesican, were all obsessed with Criket. things like that

Most will remember before i suggested the drop down box for upgrading the fact we used to have click 8 different times for each units to fully upgrade them

Euro Era- Euro came in in 05 or 06 and tottally rocked the wow community, by a 1 hit only retail policy and such, it was a crazy few sets

Lor & Co. (WLF DL Lor2 and others) Era there used to be huge rivalries in this game where u were garrunteed a good war and good forum action.

Who can forget the Viet Hackers around xmas time that got the game hacked just around newyears. any link for the game would be redirected to athis chineese sight.

thats all for right now if i have any more ill edit this

Oh wow I had totally forgotten about the whole stoness thing :laugh: