PDA

View Full Version : New Forums

Mr President
05-12-2010, 11:08
I have been working on and almost completed a whole new forum for nations in the game. The whole design has been changed along with a few add features the old ones didn't have.

The new forums will work a little different. Everyone in the nation will be able to view them without the forum priv. Those with the forum priv will be mods of the forum where they will have controls to lock, unlock, edit, change title and delete threads. If you created the post you are now able to edit your own post too.

There will also be a "private" forum where only the leaders will be able to see. Mods can control which threads should be private. If your a nation leader, you will be able to select "Post as private" and then only those with higher privs will be able to view that section.

A poll feature has been added in so nations can now set up polls within there own forums. You can have up to 5 answers to each poll.

Overall the new forums are a 100% improvment and with the new changes should allow nations to begin using them more often.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This should be done by the start of next set.

ooga booga
05-12-2010, 12:40
Cool! :thumbup: I was just thinking last night how much I or our nation doesn't use the in game forums at all, lol. This should help.

totte
05-12-2010, 12:44
yay ;)

Magalya2
05-12-2010, 13:44
I am anxious to see what it will look like :)

**Lady Mags then scratches her beautiful wig frenetically thinking **

Thought i am not sure to understand completly what you mean Mr President ::oops: lol

BeeNo
05-12-2010, 16:32
go mr. president, its your birthday, go mr. president!!@!!!

great change, the nation forums have needed new work as badly as the joining nations did. making some great improvements overall!

:walmp:

Disorder
05-12-2010, 23:38
Much needed.. I look forward to trying out the new forum.

MAGGIO
05-13-2010, 02:56
i know that one has been on the list for a looooooooooooooooooong time. ty!

Soviet Russia
05-13-2010, 12:04
You are great!

And also please put a easy-reachable link to the nation forums on the game page. I think it takes quite a while for newbies to realize that theres a nation-forum.

Mr President
05-13-2010, 12:37
I only have a little bit left to finish on it. I have been testing it as i go and so far it's all working perfectly..

I will add a link before the set is over so it can be tested by everyone for the remainder of this set.. Then i'll have time to work the kinks out if any are found. Then it will be fully implemented next set and the current forum program will be removed..

I agree that the link should be in a better place than it is now. :)

Magalya2
05-13-2010, 13:22
Thank you very much Mr President for all the work and time you put in the game :)

It is very rare that a Game Maker is so close to their members , we are lucky :)

:walmp:

Btw , i am not trying to get your pardon from participating in killing your Nation last set .... i swear ...:rolleyes:

lol

Mr President
05-13-2010, 13:30
Lady Mags,

In reply to your first post, each nation has it's own set of forums within the game. If you go into your nations HQ you will see the tab to enter. In the past those forums were used a lot, but as of late, they are hardly used. The main reason for this is they are in a huge desire of upgrading. They are old fashion looking and don't have a lot of options to them.

So what I have done was completely revamped them and made them look modern and also added in some features that I know the nation members would like to have.. Such as a polling center.... I really wish I had that back in the day lol.. The new forums are nothing special. But they are nicer than the current ones we use.

Now in reply to your second post. I enjoy being part of the community. I would hate to never talk to anyone and seek opinions or any type of interaction with our members. I may be the admin of the game, but I am no better than anyone else.. I am simply a member of this community. Which is where I like to be.

And you should be begging me for a pardon for killing my state last set. Acts of betrayal run deep and you have put a massive hole right in the middle of my heart. They say time heals all wounds, but as deep as this wound is I don't think there is enough time for it to heal :(

totte
05-13-2010, 14:14
Lady Mags,

In reply to your first post, each nation has it's own set of forums within the game. If you go into your nations HQ you will see the tab to enter. In the past those forums were used a lot, but as of late, they are hardly used. The main reason for this is they are in a huge desire of upgrading. They are old fashion looking and don't have a lot of options to them.

So what I have done was completely revamped them and made them look modern and also added in some features that I know the nation members would like to have.. Such as a polling center.... I really wish I had that back in the day lol.. The new forums are nothing special. But they are nicer than the current ones we use.

Now in reply to your second post. I enjoy being part of the community. I would hate to never talk to anyone and seek opinions or any type of interaction with our members. I may be the admin of the game, but I am no better than anyone else.. I am simply a member of this community. Which is where I like to be.

And you should be begging me for a pardon for killing my state last set. Acts of betrayal run deep and you have put a massive hole right in the middle of my heart. They say time heals all wounds, but as deep as this wound is I don't think there is enough time for it to heal :(

about the ingame forum did you ever get your head around my little sugestion ?

Magalya2
05-14-2010, 13:31
Lady Mags,

**Lady Mags listened attentively to Mr President explanations , learning again something new she had not discovered yet that belong to the Nation War lands .

As she heard Mr President spoke of ''Acts of betrayal '' and the ''massive hole right in the middle of my heart '' , Lady Mags could feel the deep pain Mr President was going through as she felt the same each time Squadron of her jets were passing over Mr President's lands bringing devastation and desolation .

Grabbing the hilt of her sword with her right hand , she looked deeply into Mr President's eyes and raise her sword to the sky .

A grumble could be heard as she knelt at his feet and the blade of her sword touches the ground .

Lady Mags then bows deeply with her left hand on her Red Heart and spoke . ( she was known to be an Undead with a Red Heart ) **

My Dearest Mr President

If being loyal to my WLF mates during War was $ins , I then pledge guilty but know that it have left scars that can hardly heal ...

**She stood silent for a moment then pursue **

My sword is yours !!

Thought being an Undead , the ethereal world have no mystery for me but still my life belongs to you !!

Your paths will be mine if it is your desire .

Will you ever forgive my behavior from past Era my Lord ??

**Lady Mags awaited Mr President answers facing the ground below her not wanting to meet his eyes in this moment ... hoping ..... **

Mr President
05-14-2010, 23:53
As promised, I have opened the new nations forums feature a little early so it can be tested. Your current Nations forums (if used) will remain open for the remainder of the set. I would like everyone who is in a nation to make some polls and posts in the new forums and test things out.. Then if you would, please reply to this post if you find any bugs so i can fix them.

If all goes well, the old Nations forums will be removed next set and the new ones permanently implemented.

I have also placed a quick link for the new forums in the menu above the Nations HQ tab.

Thanks,

blaa
05-15-2010, 04:34
imo in the admin menu, there should be a confirmation box come up after you select something.

Could accidentally delete some thread (which u actually did not want to do) :p

Mr President
05-15-2010, 10:56
agree..

I can change that so there are radio buttons and and a perform action tab below them.

Devil
05-15-2010, 13:30
next set are you going to take out the link to the old forums in the headquarters tab?

They look nice and i like you dont have to go through hq to get to them now :)

Mr President
05-15-2010, 15:21
Yes that link will be removed and the link to the new forums will remain on the main page. Where it is now.

totte
05-15-2010, 18:19
Yes that link will be removed and the link to the new forums will remain on the main page. Where it is now.

me likes :)