PDA

View Full Version : why style3 is hidden?

SkyCat
09-28-2008, 04:03
:blushing: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

this black style, that use frames

-Z-
09-28-2008, 04:19
:blushing: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

this black style, that use frames

perhaps its waiting till the game is started?

Z

Max Logan
09-28-2008, 07:13
if its not there. I`m gone :p

I shouldn`t have said that :unsure:

SkyCat
09-28-2008, 07:35
who ask you two? if you don't know then better SHUT UP!

i just want to know why my and many's favorite them is missing :S

MAGGIO
09-28-2008, 08:47
no longer exists. One theme for all. Soon I think it will be one theme for every single aspect of the game...wouldn't that be cool!

Max Logan
09-28-2008, 11:09
who ask you two? if you don't know then better SHUT UP!

i just want to know why my and many's favorite them is missing :S

ever thought why there is a question/help board?

MAGGIO
09-28-2008, 11:53
you got them there....but i cant move it.

swede7
09-28-2008, 11:57
The other themes are really gone?

That sucks

Hoebawt
09-28-2008, 12:38
Im pissed coz i bought a perm for the perm special theme.... and now its gone... Mr P u have to fix this...

Mr President
09-28-2008, 13:23
before when we had 7 themes 93% of the users used the blue theme. Only 7% used the others. (2% used the prem special out of the 7%)

It is a TON of work trying to keep up with all the different themes. ads, banners ect ect, it takes a lot of time.

I have created a new way to make changing ads and banners easier, and this will allow us to have a couple diff themes in time and i won't have to go into each one and make the changes. But the blue theme is going to be the only theme for a set or 2. Like i said, 93% of all our users used the blue theme, which is the EXACT same colors used in this new one. Keeping 6 other themes for 7% really isn't a smart thing to do on my part considering time is scarce and i need to use it wisely.

This new theme is a whole new look for the game. It makes us look modern.
I know you all got use to the frames, but nobody else uses them anymore. And there are reasons for this.

For the past 4 weeks we have been building a new foundation. We have been making needed changes to help this game grow. We are almost done with the main changes that needed to be done, and as soon as we are we will be spending some cash and a TON of time getting this game name out to the public. With this push we are expecting a lot of new members to be joining. With just the few simple changes we have made so far, memberships have been picking up again. prior to this, they stalled out and we didn't get a new member for over 2 weeks! This is unacceptable.

I wish i could promise that all this work will pay off and we will have 2,000 members playing the game. But i can't. This is going to be a "chance" we are taking. And the way things are, any chance we can take it better then what is happening now.

Word of mouth has gotten us as far as it will go with bringing back old players. We need fresh new players to the game to keep it going. And todays PC users, do not like framed games.

Some say turn based text games are past there glory. I don't believe this. I think there is still a place in the market for games like ours. But people don't know we exist, and many who do come here, feel the game is old and outdated cause of the way it looks. I have heard this many many times!

I know some of you are not prone to change. So let me make this clear. None of the main game functions have been changed. Only the cosmetics have been. And of course some added new features to help make the game play more enjoyable. So unless you want to keep playing with the same 150 people, change is needed.

Google is a wonderful thing. If maximized it can help bring in a lot of new faces. But google does not like frames. It can't work around them. In our framed pages we had 4 different files showing on one page. So it's a long shot that google hits the right page.

I know some of you won't like the menu the way it is. I do have a fix for it and i plan on testing it out and if all goes well i'll implement it as soon as i can. This will allow the menu to float with the page.

The game is not dying, but the game is not growing either. I can' stress how important getting this game to grow more is. It's vital to it's success.

There is no way i will ever be able to please everyone. There will always be a selected few who fight certain changes. But i'm telling you, these have to be done! I have spent a lot of time researching and listening to others who play other successfull games as well as own them. And they all say the same thing.

Look at nukezone. That game is a turn based text game and it's VERY successfull. Personally i don't think it's any better the Nation-Wars. But they markket it well and the game is modern looking. It's been awhile since i have been on there, but last i checked, they didn't use frames.

I'm not making these changes cause one day i woke up and said, hmmm lets mix it all up. I'm making them so we have a solid, continually growing community. Some things will work, some won't. But we MUST keep trying.

-Z-
09-28-2008, 15:49
cant we at least change the colors?

i liked thee old black color

:unsure:

Z

Max Logan
09-28-2008, 17:24
ok, I understand your concern Mr P, but why take away the black/yellow(?) theme :unsure:

MAGGIO
09-28-2008, 18:02
he just said that only a few of you were even using it.

Xavior
09-28-2008, 19:47
Yellow was oldschool...

Max Logan
09-29-2008, 00:00
from what I see and hear, not very few :p