PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Hall of Fame

Mr President
09-28-2008, 14:00
One of the things i have always wanted to have in Nation-Wars is a Hall of Fame. A section dedicated to the nations and members who have contributed to the success of Nation-Wars (and WoW). And last set the idea was suggested and i began working on it.

Through the years we have had many people, in some way or another change the face of the game. Whether it was the way they played, or recruited members, or was just someone who made the game more fun to play..

So now i think it's time we honor these nations and members.

For the past few weeks i have been working on a new portal server. In this server all past scores and information will be stored. All past and future interviews and newsletters will be listed. It is designed to be more personal then the game and game forums. When you join up you are asked to use your real name and your forums name.

The new Hall of Fame will also reside on this server. There are 2 parts to it. One for Nations and one for members.

Each set, up to 2 nations and 2 members will be inducted into the NW Hall of Fame. And their names will live forever in the game.

I am allowing nations and members from World of War to be inducted into the Hall of Fame too. But with one condition. Before any member can be inducted, they have had to play at least 1 set of Nation-Wars.

I'm not going to list all the rules for the Hall of Fame in this post, you will be able to find them in the new Hall of Fame threads on these forums.. But please note that the hall of fame members will not be listed on the forums. In here is where we take care of the process of nominating and voting on members and nations to be inducted.

I have appointed L P as the Hall of Fame commissioner. He will handle the day to day tasks and make sure that by the end of the set, we have up to 2 members and 2 nations ready to be inducted. Nominations are to be sent to him via PM so they remain confidential.

We are taking the Hall of Fame very seriously. There is no other way to thank people who have put a lot of effort into making this game better in whatever way they have, except for honoring them with keeping their names forever in the Hall of Fame.

This is not a popularity contest. Strict rules and strict oversight will apply to the Hall of Fame.

Once a nation or a member is in the hall of fame, that nation name and that members name will never be able to be used by anyone else again. Unless the actual person requests to have the nation removed from the hall of fame.

Once inducted, you can request to have the tag removed from the hall of fame. You can use it for one set without having to be re inducted. If you chose to use it longer, then you have to go back through the whole process.

You can use it for a month and then a few months down the road use it again without being removed from the HOF.

Members can be inducted into the HOF and continue to play as long as they wish using the same name. There is no penalty for that.

LP will fill you in on the rest of the rules and regulations as well as the process of how this all will work. So please keep checking the HOF section of the forums for updates.

He does not have it all done completely yet. This is a new feature that has recently began. So please don't expect to have him have it all done to soon.

DBozMen
09-28-2008, 14:03
i do find the HOF a good idea, but 2 members and 2 nations a set?

i would suggest, 1 nation each 2 sets and 1 member each set. that would make it a lot more special :)

Mr President
09-28-2008, 14:29
I said UP TO!

This does not mean every set there will 2 of each. We plan on spreading this out some so we are not through all the members in less then a year :-)

There will be sets where nobody is inducted i'm sure..

pcgluva
09-28-2008, 14:33
one problem with the members spot i think RLW should be in the hall of fame, even though he never played NW, loosing him so ubruptly i think we should honor his life

DBozMen
09-28-2008, 17:05
one problem with the members spot i think RLW should be in the hall of fame, even though he never played NW, loosing him so ubruptly i think we should honor his life

Yes his name has to be there!

Hoebawt
09-28-2008, 18:44
but the hall of fame just coz he passed? wat about Versillies.... he passed on his honeymoon... an ex USA and WLF member.....

L P
09-28-2008, 19:14
Perhaps we could make a Memorial Section of the HOF for members that passed away on active duty. Give me some time and maybe will add it later on.

MAGGIO
09-28-2008, 21:38
that is a good idea.

DBozMen
09-29-2008, 03:37
Perhaps we could make a Memorial Section of the HOF for members that passed away on active duty. Give me some time and maybe will add it later on.

I do like that idea, i say implement!

Dogma
09-29-2008, 08:49
HAve to say, I agree. I think that a person could be in both Memorial and HOF, but Memorial should be more special. A place to share the memories of the players that have passed away.

nNiIcCkKoO
09-30-2008, 11:24
It is a really good idea actually.

Bram Gotink
09-30-2008, 12:03
I like the HoF and the memorial idea...

Raul
10-18-2008, 14:01
memrial and HOF shall be seperate yes, one thing is someone pass away, and another is he needs to be in HOF

both are nice