PDA

View Full Version : Dear LoR...

BladeEWG
05-14-2010, 18:32
20:04:09 - Friday 14th of May 2010 Military Alert!!
Legion of Riot[LoR] has began Preparing for war against your nation, contact your nation leaders for more info. The Enemies forces will be War ready at 22:04:09-2010/05/14

smooth move , prepping on a farmer/casher tag with 5 (count them, 5 new players) and 2 inactives.

Now I certainly can understand your frustration at not having 'suitable" foes to fight and the need to release your pent up hunger for war. Unfortunately you have chosen the wrong tag for it.

In the future you may wish to contact me ahead of time so I can properly fill you in on the status of this tag so you won't be so focused on just looking at number of members.

But have your fun as you wish I suppose and I'll try to keep the newbies from bailing out on us and on the game.:thumbdown:

BladeEWG
05-16-2010, 16:02
idiots

BladeEWG
05-16-2010, 16:46
Heres a message from one of ours that you killed and he won't be back to us, nor the game.
Good job!

"not applying just letting you know i wont be back cause this game is full of **** and not worth my time. told you i would be first to go and the way this game is set up there's no skill in it if you can be taken out by several players at the same time..there is no defense for that no matter what you build.have fun"

Be Proud LoR!!!
ya nits

Will
05-16-2010, 16:51
Based on that "there is no skill in it if you can be taken out by several people at the same time" which is how wars have always been fought in this game, I predict he wouldn't have stayed anyway. If he didn't like the fundamental structure of the game, then either he would quit the first time he got killed, or he would have expected to never be killed. Either way he would not have stayed long here as no one would accept someone as untouchable based on him quitting otherwise.

BladeEWG
05-16-2010, 16:55
On the contrary, he was a vet of this game before I even came around.
he was asked to play again and had the hope of actually doing the net thing
But alas, i have to agree with him. You have your own way of screwing the others just to make yourselves feel good.
Problem is, you just don't have a friggin' clue about what you're doing to this game.

Will
05-16-2010, 17:09
But alas, i have to agree with him. You have your own way of screwing the others just to make yourselves feel good.
Problem is, you just don't have a friggin' clue about what you're doing to this game.

First off, despite the sig I am ex-LOR, and I don't agree 100% with this war or their noob-killing.

That being said, a vet of this game would have accepted the game's structure by now, in the way that wars are fought. The only alternative to "several states killing one" would be one state to kill one state, which would mean an end to the CS if the striking nation is equal or greater in numbers. This was changed to stop wars being utterly lopsided, and to change back now would be madness.

Unless of course he wants war abolished altogether, which would lead to the winner being "who can get the most infantry before anyone else" since jets, ships and bombers would be utterly useless except in the very late game where ships would boost net.

I have always been against what I consider "mindless war" that is warring for no reason against tags which don't want to war. Every war I have initiated has had a reason behind it, not all of them popular but none of them were mindless.

To be blunt, if he is a vet he should have a little more fortitude. A noob quitting after being killed on their first set I can understand, or someone being killed several sets in a row, but a vet killed once should have a little more backbone. As far as I am concerned he has the right to be angry, very angry. He has the right to hit LOR next set in retaliation. But to quit? not over being killed once. Not on a moral level anyway.

Soviet Russia
05-16-2010, 17:19
Well Blade, it is true that theres no skill to stand against gangbang attacks. Thats what I like most about this game, even top states can be killed by a good teamwork :) Teaming is everything here.

And, I used to hate LoR a lot as well.. oh, if we were able to revive the old forums, you could see that I was blaming LoR for being "noob killers" or WLF for being "puppets of LoR" haha :D Our nation in w-o-w was one of the long-time enemies of LoR.

Anyway, screw LoR, enjoy your nationhood :)

BeeNo
05-16-2010, 20:02
i bet it was vinnie!

Xavior
05-16-2010, 20:09
Maybe he should play a game where you aren't allowed to kill people then?

Mr President
05-16-2010, 20:29

Blade i have to agree with Will on this topic. If he was a vet then he already clearly understood how this game works.. It is impossible to fully protect your state from being killed. Honestly i don't think i would have ever stayed playing this game if there wasn't some sort of risk involved.. There would be no reason for nations or diplomacy or half the other things that make this game fun.

Nobody likes to be killed. When i log on and see that i have been killed it still makes me say What the hell! But then after i make a new state i start plotting my ways to get back into the conflict and seek my sweet revenge. I may only kill one state before i'm killed again, but that one kill makes it worthwhile lol..

There is no way we can please everyone. There will always be some that leave right after they have been killed and never come back. It has always been that way since the game was created. It is harder to be killed today then it ever was.

I know your pissed about this war. I would be too. I actually feel bad writing all of this cause well i'm in LoR this set lol.. But i try to be as fair as i can to everyone and simply just play the same way as i did in your nation. If you asked me to war, i would have warred without question.

I think your a good leader and know what your doing. You communicate well with your members and this game needs a lot more of that. While in your nation i was actually very happy to see that type of leadership in the game again. With that being said, there is nothing we can do to make you stay. These kinds of wars will probably always take place.. So unless you have a fire side, you will always get pissed and feel you need to leave the game if killed. My feeling is, by the end of the set you will have seeked your revenge and will feel better.. :)

Soviet Russia
05-17-2010, 01:50
"We dont die, we restart" <= whose motto was that? (from w-o-w era) :laugh:

Max Logan
05-17-2010, 06:13
Maybe this is a perfect time to finally re-think the warring process!
Make it harder and more long-term war, and not a FS war.

I`ve msg you, P, about the multi phase attacks, maybe, with everyone help and contribution, we can make it effective and make warring more fun and skill dependent!