PDA

View Full Version : VP Debate!

Mr President
10-02-2008, 22:57
So here is a woman who has only been in the "big boys" Government for about 5 months now and she is put up against a guy who has 30+ years experience in the "big boy" govt and i don't care what anyone says, she toasted him!

i found it funny when she mispoke and called him obiden lmao!!!

I'm not saying she could be President from day one, but i do find it refreshing that there is a "ordinary" person standing in front of the nation fighting for the great people of this land.

Some may not like her or what she stands for, and that is ok.. But you have to admit, for someone who everyone claims is not smart, she more then held her own in this debate..

On a side note, i do like Biden. I think he is a decent man who truly cares for this country. But just cause you have done it for 30 years, doesn't mean you are the right person..

L P
10-02-2008, 23:08
She can see Russia from her house. :)

Mr President
10-02-2008, 23:14
I think Biden did a pretty good job showing the real difference between how Obama will be from Bush more then Palin did for McCain.. I think she could have been a little stronger in that area..

MAGGIO
10-02-2008, 23:18
You actually fell for that scripted crap. the whole "main street", "hocky mom", "six pack joe" BS.

She couldnt even pronounce the the generals name who is in charge in Iraq.

Everyone one on CNN (both parties) said Biden took it easy on her and could have really railed her if he wanted too.

You have to be careful how you attack her. Remember we all have to be good little boys and girls and be politically correct.

The mayor in Baltimore Co. presides over more population than her entire state. One County vs. The a land mass larger than half of the united states.

She was told what to say, and when she ran out of answers she repeated what she remembered from her script.

Sorry to disagree. I am not an extreme dem, but I can smell BS from a mile away.

Xavior
10-02-2008, 23:24
She can see Russia from her house. :)

Thus she can see into the future! :)

As I have said in the Palin thread, I am not impressed with Palin. She does not answer the questions at all. The only thing she talks about is energy (even when the question was about personal bankruptcy). She did well in the Economy, but you could really see she had trouble with the Foreign Affairs section.

Overall, Palin did well, but how could she not? This last week, she has been made the laughing stock of the country (taking over from Bush for once), and she did well enough. However, Biden did much better. His answers showed how experienced he was in debates. His answers were quick and detailed, he did not take any swipes at Palin's mistakes (which is surprising), and most of all, he was to the point!

At the end of the day, this debate doesn't really matter. Obama/McCain is where its at, and McCain needs to make up ground fast if he wants to win.

Mr President
10-02-2008, 23:25
And Biden wasn't prepped? Of course they are prepped.. i think too much at times. That is why Reagan didn't do so well at first until he said enough is enough..

And i didn't hear her mispronounce the generals name. Sounded like she said it fine to me.

Is she going to be as comfortable as Biden? No, but man she did well..

And stop watching CNN.. Since the Gulf war they haven't reported anything fairly.. I'm so sick of these networks creating there own spin.. Watch it yourself and make your own opinions.. And we need to forget the media.

Mr President
10-02-2008, 23:30
Thus she can see into the future! :)

As I have said in the Palin thread, I am not impressed with Palin. She does not answer the questions at all. The only thing she talks about is energy (even when the question was about personal bankruptcy). She did well in the Economy, but you could really see she had trouble with the Foreign Affairs section.

Overall, Palin did well, but how could she not? This last week, she has been made the laughing stock of the country (taking over from Bush for once), and she did well enough. However, Biden did much better. His answers showed how experienced he was in debates. His answers were quick and detailed, he did not take any swipes at Palin's mistakes (which is surprising), and most of all, he was to the point!

At the end of the day, this debate doesn't really matter. Obama/McCain is where its at, and McCain needs to make up ground fast if he wants to win.

Yes Biden was more comfortable and experienced in debates then Palin. But my gosh it's time for change. It's nice to see a person who only a few years ago was one of us, standing up there speaking for us and to us..

All these seasoned politicians only care about themselves and what they can get out of it.. And of course Biden had to sit up there and talk about how good he has it, and how beautiful his house was and how he is better off then all of us... Well No sh!t... Rub it in loser....

Nobody wants to go outside the norm. Everyone wants to be in the comfort zone.. Well nothing is ever going to change if we keep doing this. get the lawyers and in bread politicians out and get the real people in.

L P
10-02-2008, 23:46
I refuse to watch CNN any more since they felt it was OK to show terrorist videos of US troops being killed by snipers. They posted the videos on their website and on TV.

I am offended they have such little honor as to broadcast that. CNN.com used to be one of my favorite websites and I would watch the news daily.

Hoebawt
10-02-2008, 23:54
I refuse to watch CNN any more since they felt it was OK to show terrorist videos of US troops being killed by snipers. They posted the videos on their website and on TV.

I am offended they have such little honor as to broadcast that. CNN.com used to be one of my favorite websites and I would watch the news daily.

But its ok for them to show a US war plane drop bombs on "Terrorist"?

L P
10-03-2008, 00:02
yes

MAGGIO
10-03-2008, 00:18
And Biden wasn't prepped? Of course they are prepped.. i think too much at times. That is why Reagan didn't do so well at first until he said enough is enough..

And what about Biden little cry moment? Did you really think that was real? He was trying to rebuff her "mom" comment.. yet she didn't have to fake cry.

And i didn't hear her mispronounce the generals name. Sounded like she said it fine to me.

Is she going to be as comfortable as Biden? No, but man she did well..

And stop watching CNN.. Since the Gulf war they haven't reported anything fairly.. I'm so sick of these networks creating there own spin.. Watch it yourself and make your own opinions.. And we need to forget the media.

If my wife and daughter died, I wouldnt be faking my emotions when mentioning their death. I dont think that was a very fair statement.

Like Xav said she really did alot better than one would expect after she flopped on previous interviews. he points are limited to what she knows and lets just be fair and say that I wouldnt expect someone of her experience in gov vs. biden to be able to touch on all subjects comfortably.

Did she do good, yah i guess, but did biden have his crap more together, I think so.

If the VPs were running for P, I would want Biden over Palin.

From the P stand point, at least obama will have someone better as a VP to lend his opinion. I dont think McCain has that same luxory in this situation.

-Z-
10-03-2008, 01:01
aside from LP having no respect for life,

I missed the VP debate... I wanted to watch it, i wonder if I can catch it online anywhere?

I could see Palin doing well, she has had alot of time to prep, and she was excpected to falter, so all she had to do to win was not fall on her ***.

Z

DBozMen
10-03-2008, 02:45
yes

Hypocrite.

Crimson Shadow
10-03-2008, 06:40
Everyone one on CNN (both parties) said Biden took it easy on her and could have really railed her if he wanted too.

You can't listen to what CNN says, they are very biased. The are suppose to support non-partisan views, but yet the only ads that they have on their site are Obama ads. They offer no republican ads whatsoever. Running Obama ads only makes me wonder how "neutral" they are in the political field.

MAGGIO
10-03-2008, 07:47
I only watched it on CNN, I dont watch CNN reg.

They had both Dems, and Pubs watching and scoring. Both parties favored their canadate in the scoring on CNN. But both said what I said as well.

Money and Commercials - The canadates have money, and they pay for adds. I am sure if McCain had more money for his campain which they say he does not, there would be more adds.

Not to mention that My Local Cable Company plays the commercials, its not allways the program. Sometimes it is the program too, but regardless, if Obama wants to run more commercials, and MD than that is what he has the option to do. Others elsewere in the country could have seen diff commercials. Bottom line is that I think i heard obama had more campain money for commercials.

ranger2112
10-03-2008, 08:45
yes, they were both prepped, DUH!! u dont go into something like this without being friggin prepped. The fact that Palin is one of us, the middle class, and has to deal with a household budget, has had to worry about things like medical care for her family without insurance and the other things that make her REAL. not just some rewashed ole politician gave her the edge IMO. She has work to do in foreign affairs? YES! but she does not have to deal with those things alone, that is what advisers and cabinet members come into play. Watching her made me stronger in my conviction that the McCain/Palin ticket is the best.

MAGGIO
10-03-2008, 09:40
Just like the rest of us "six pack joes" and "hockey moms" we dont know crap about what is really going on in this world, or even in this country. We pretend to have a concept, but all we are fed is lies and propoganda from lenders, investors, and the gov.

Being "one of us" is not good enough to defend us from ignorance. I will be the first one to admit that I dont know as much as I should to even vote, and I consider myself pretty knowledgable. Just because I can vote does not mean I am a political expert in the US or abroad. Will you atleast admit the same thing?

Sometimes when i read these posts, or watch stuff on TV, i cannot believe how some people have their blinders on no matter what!

Just like there were no dinosaurs, no evolution, man is not causing global warming etc... I believe in God and Christ, but I can at least seperate reality from belief. can you do the same when it comes to going across party lines. can you leave your Dem, or Rep hat at home, and just be an American.

Palin did great, bla bla bla....great compared to what? Great compared to the interview she bombed on this week, great compared to someone who is a complete rookie, great compared to another women, great compared to who? Bill Clinton?, George Bush?, other great presidents....Is she so great compared to Al Gore, or even McCain?

These canadates are in public office for years sometimes decades and all of a sudden when they are nominated for P, or VP they are super heroes?

You know why congrass cant cross party lines? It is because we cant either!

pron
10-03-2008, 12:40
And Biden wasn't prepped?

Biden was prepped by 30 years of service in Congress and multiple years as a senator on the FA committee.

Bram Gotink
10-03-2008, 13:03
@ L P : and the hanging of Saddam Hoessein ? Were they allowed to show that? (Did they?)
Real people dying should never be shown on tv, except if they want it. (which is quite hard in a bombing, hanging etc.)

@Topic: IDK, I guess everyone just expected Palin to make a lot of mistakes, which she didn't. Not that I've seen it, but what I heard on the news, she was being called the winner... b/c she didn't lose, that is; not b/c she really won

Dogma
10-03-2008, 13:16
I am staying FAR FAR away from this one :P

ooga booga
10-03-2008, 13:33
[Edited due to offensive content]

Uhhh.... seriously? Was this even necessary? LP never mentioned your life or you family. When are we going to ban this moron from these forums? Other boards I go to, this dumbass would be banned in 2 seconds for saying crap like this. Just because he is a leader of a nation and plays the game doesn't make him exempt from TOS rules. Unbelievable.

And Maggio... man is not causing global warming, that is a natural process. :p We are speeding it up a tiny bit but without us the Earth would be warming anyway. But that is another discussion in itself. :)

MAGGIO
10-03-2008, 13:39
Uhhh.... seriously? Was this even necessary? LP never mentioned your life or you family. When are we going to ban this moron from these forums? Other boards I go to, this dumbass would be banned in 2 seconds for saying crap like this. Just because he is a leader of a nation and plays the game doesn't make him exempt from TOS rules. Unbelievable.

then report the post....its not my section :cursing:

ooga booga
10-03-2008, 13:44
then report the post....its not my section :cursing:

way ahead of you! :P And I know it's not your section. I think I'll have a chat with the admins, I believe he deserves a ban for his actions (even if temporary). Completely uncalled for, and immature by Z. Threatening LP's family??? Come on. Now I'm glad I never listen to Z's crap most of the time. No point into listening to an immature kid spewing crap wherever he goes. Hey Z, grow up buddy.

Dogma
10-03-2008, 14:45
way ahead of you! :P And I know it's not your section. I think I'll have a chat with the admins, I believe he deserves a ban for his actions (even if temporary). Completely uncalled for, and immature by Z. Threatening LP's family??? Come on. Now I'm glad I never listen to Z's crap most of the time. No point into listening to an immature kid spewing crap wherever he goes. Hey Z, grow up buddy.

Has been dealt with

SmarT
10-03-2008, 17:36
palin really irritated me, there was just something that gave me a head ache. and i do not want a normal joe in office. i want someone that is very smart, well educated on the issues, that isnt a religious nut job, and i do not want another person that i can have a beer with. think of it this way, would u hire someone that has 5 months experience to run your multi billion dollar company or 20+ years of experience and has shown to have good judgment (for the most part)

L P
10-03-2008, 18:01
But its ok for them to show a US war plane drop bombs on "Terrorist"?

This was the question I answered YES to. Everybody needs to calm the "F" down.

It was a question about a plane dropping a bomb not "Do you think it's ok to show a terrorist getting killed." Planes dropping bombs YES, humans being killed NO. When you guys want to grow up and stop freaking out on this forum we can maybe have an adult discussion about this stuff.

I am assuming not many of you even qualify to serve in the military much less understand why it pisses me off when CNN shows people that I serve with being shot in the head.

SO YOU CAN ALL GO FLUFF YOURSELVES with your BS liberal hippy diatribe as you clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend my views and just assume that I am not capable of being human enough to understand what you are saying. You are more than welcome to feel as you do but don't expect me to conform to it.

How can 3 letters (Y E S) lead to personal threats? And I'm the one that's a heartless bastard?

ranger2112
10-03-2008, 18:05
palin really irritated me, there was just something that gave me a head ache. and i do not want a normal joe in office. i want someone that is very smart, well educated on the issues, that isnt a religious nut job, and i do not want another person that i can have a beer with. think of it this way, would u hire someone that has 5 months experience to run your multi billion dollar company or 20+ years of experience and has shown to have good judgment (for the most part)

exactly why i DONT want to vote for Obama. thanks for your support :P

Will
10-03-2008, 18:06
I think Z misinterpreted what you said.

L P
10-03-2008, 18:10
Fair enough, I'm over it.

Mr President
10-03-2008, 18:51

ok so with this statement we have 2 choices.. We can either elect a PRESIDENT with little experience or we can elect a VICE PRESIDENT with little experience.

Obama does not have that much more, if ANY more experience then palin has. The only thing Obama has is Oprah and the old chicks on the "View".

I would rather have a VP doing on the job training then a President doing it.

And how can you get annoyed with her? I mean have you seen her? Do you like women? lol I think she is very smart. Does she know everything yet? No i don't think so.. But maybe it's time we had someone who wasn't bread and rasied washington...

-Z-
10-03-2008, 18:58
L P,

I suppose I should not have made any threats. that was wrong...

I was quite offended by the notion that it is ok for the media to show certain people dieing, and not others.

everyone has family and friends, and when u drop bombs dozens of people can die without even having a body to be burried...

Z

L P
10-03-2008, 19:01
I agree.

To clear it up, I only meant that showing planes dropping bombs was ok. I was very offended when Saddam's death was broadcast.

L P
10-03-2008, 19:03
And this is all just my opinion, I don't have any say in what the press did. I wrote CNN an e-mail but they didn't even respond. It was the same with Daniel Pearl, what sick bastard shows that?

MAGGIO
10-03-2008, 19:36
ok so with this statement we have 2 choices.. We can either elect a PRESIDENT with little experience or we can elect a VICE PRESIDENT with little experience.

Obama does not have that much more, if ANY more experience then palin has. The only thing Obama has is Oprah and the old chicks on the "View".

I would rather have a VP doing on the job training then a President doing it.

And how can you get annoyed with her? I mean have you seen her? Do you like women? lol I think she is very smart. Does she know everything yet? No i don't think so.. But maybe it's time we had someone who wasn't bread and rasied washington...

i have to say good points...who really does need the more experience the P or the vp? I think the answer is clear.

You have to admit that she has done pretty good for only being involved for a few weeks. I mean how much does the gov of AK need to know in order to run her state (about forien issues)?

One thing I dont like about the Maverick thing....

I know they are trying to say he will reach across party lines, but on the other hand, are we going to have a guy that is hard to work with on bills and laws? Will he compomise on issues even when they are not in his interests, or something that he personally does not believe in, even if it will be better for others.

In the 2000 election we saw how split the country was on issues dem or rep. It was almost 50/50 (gore having the majority of votes).

Does this mean that 1/2 of us will be happy and the other 1/2 will not?

What i think we need to do to stay on top is to advance our technolgy, our science, and our culture into the 21st century.

This means gay rights, stem cells, and clean forms of energy, production and concumption. Will he be willing to cross party lines on those super duper important issues. (not just a few, but all of the above issues)

And if one of you MF'ers say one thing about abortion you better have an adopted child or you words dont mean crap. Walk the Walk, dont just talk the talk.

Which leads me to say one more good thing about Palin. I dont agree with her abortion policies and beliefs, but she has a disabled child, and she still is against abortion, and stem cells if I got it right. At least she practices some of what she preaches.

Divine Intervention
10-04-2008, 22:45
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=188133

this is very interesting.

Green
10-04-2008, 23:36
what sick bastard shows that?

CNN

Mr President
10-04-2008, 23:59
i have to say good points...who really does need the more experience the P or the vp? I think the answer is clear.

You have to admit that she has done pretty good for only being involved for a few weeks. I mean how much does the gov of AK need to know in order to run her state (about forien issues)?

One thing I dont like about the Maverick thing....

I know they are trying to say he will reach across party lines, but on the other hand, are we going to have a guy that is hard to work with on bills and laws? Will he compomise on issues even when they are not in his interests, or something that he personally does not believe in, even if it will be better for others.

In the 2000 election we saw how split the country was on issues dem or rep. It was almost 50/50 (gore having the majority of votes).

Does this mean that 1/2 of us will be happy and the other 1/2 will not?

What i think we need to do to stay on top is to advance our technolgy, our science, and our culture into the 21st century.

This means gay rights, stem cells, and clean forms of energy, production and concumption. Will he be willing to cross party lines on those super duper important issues. (not just a few, but all of the above issues)

And if one of you MF'ers say one thing about abortion you better have an adopted child or you words dont mean crap. Walk the Walk, dont just talk the talk.

Which leads me to say one more good thing about Palin. I dont agree with her abortion policies and beliefs, but she has a disabled child, and she still is against abortion, and stem cells if I got it right. At least she practices some of what she preaches.

Personally i think Palin said "Maverick" too many times.. It was a little annoying. I'm not a huge McCain fan. I don't see a lot of difference between him and Bush at the moment, and it seems like he never tries to show how different he will be.. So i assume no much.

I do like some of Obama's ideas. I think now, there should be a time line of when we get out of Iraq. Also, Iraq does need to start taking care of itself.
Now it's easy for me to sit here and talk, but i don't know all the real facts. Only what i can read about online or hear in the news.. And we all know how reliable and spun that is. I really wish just ONE news co would report the news the way it is.. Not the way they think it should be or how they want us to interpret it.. :angry:

But one thing BOTH sides are doing, and have always done is sit up there and preach about how the middle class is suffering and needs help. But yet, none of them EVER follow through with there words. They preach it to get elected and then when they do, they spend all there time paying back the favors to the rich who helped them get elected.. Meanwhile the middle class gets forgotten AGAIN!

It's the same old song and dance..

The main reason i like Palin is, she just seems like a breathe of fresh air.. Something new in washington. And America will not change if we keep electing the same people or types of people over and over and over again.
Palin is not the same.. She stands out.

And on a funny note.. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone began to love us again.. I can see leaders taking numbers to get in line to meet with her lol.. I mean who wouldn't? lmao

MAGGIO
10-05-2008, 01:32
1. I just bought a Palin Blow Up Doll, and it will be to your house mid next week. I thought I would tell you now and make you wait 4 days.

2. News...who can blame them they are just humans like us which is the route of all problems...we are human, sucks, but it wont change.

3. To follow that statement, we are pretty much screwed no matter what, or who wins...whats teh point of argueing, over to what degree we are screwed...Vote however you want, its only the difference between being 99.8 screwed or 99.9 screwed, I mean hey for the moment we are still breathing so there is your 0.1%

L P
10-06-2008, 23:48
===>CLICK HERE<=== (http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/09/30/palin-obama-hillary-all-your-base-spoof)

I think this video pretty much sums up Govenor Palin's role in the election.

Mwahahahaha
10-10-2008, 17:58
So here is a woman who has only been in the "big boys" Government for about 5 months now and she is put up against a guy who has 30+ years experience in the "big boy" govt and i don't care what anyone says, she toasted him!

i found it funny when she mispoke and called him obiden lmao!!!

I'm not saying she could be President from day one, but i do find it refreshing that there is a "ordinary" person standing in front of the nation fighting for the great people of this land.

Some may not like her or what she stands for, and that is ok.. But you have to admit, for someone who everyone claims is not smart, she more then held her own in this debate..

On a side note, i do like Biden. I think he is a decent man who truly cares for this country. But just cause you have done it for 30 years, doesn't mean you are the right person..

Debates mean f all, do you want a debater to run your country? That's the same as buying a crap product from a telemarketer because they were well spoken.

I must say that the VPs put up in this campaign are the weakest ever. Especially Palin. Considering the considerable chances that McCain dies during the next couple of years, voting for him means you risk getting her as president. I am not even going to comment on that.

esco
10-16-2008, 19:34
1. Palin seems like a genuinely good person and is an "average" (whatever that really means) person. Unfortunately for her I don't care for that stuff and she has no clue about anything outside alaska... fine maybe outside of the usa. The reason she was picked imo is not because they wanted to get Hillary supporters but take some of Obama's "change" and "young" thunder. Its funny that I haven't heard anyone bring that up. Also do people actually want someone like "them" to be running? That really bugs me because I know I'm a pretty smart guy but I wouldn't necessarily want someone like me to become president.

2. What's funny is that the same thing happened with Biden. He's very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to foreign policy and in general for experience which is McCain's strength and Obama's weakness

3. Experience means nothing. Sure it's important to take into account but it shouldn't be a deciding factor. For example, Lincoln was a rookie when he became president and JFK didn't have all that much more experience either.

4. I consider myself independent but I do lean towards the left but NEWSFLASH to "conservatives": Liberals have historically won and continue to win. What I mean by this is that things continue to change whether you like it or not. and this leads to...

5. Adapt or die because as we're seeing at the moment is not necessarily the American Fall from power but our short lived super power status is gone and we need to accept it, adapt and hope to remain top nation among equals.

Now Spread My Gospel!!! I HAVE SPOKEN!!! :wimp:

Green
10-16-2008, 19:51
1. Palin seems like a genuinely good person and is an "average" (whatever that really means) person. Unfortunately for her I don't care for that stuff and she has no clue about anything outside alaska... fine maybe outside of the usa. The reason she was picked imo is not because they wanted to get Hillary supporters but take some of Obama's "change" and "young" thunder. Its funny that I haven't heard anyone bring that up. Also do people actually want someone like "them" to be running? That really bugs me because I know I'm a pretty smart guy but I wouldn't necessarily want someone like me to become president.

I'm voting McCain/Palin simply because she can field dress a moose.

Hamlet
10-16-2008, 20:00
"Ordinary" is great when aiming for a public office, but it can rarely substitute retorical skills and knowledge. Imo Palin as vice-president would be a disgrace to the US...

esco
10-16-2008, 20:28
I forgot to mention that I was at the doctor today and I picked up a magazine actually this magazine was obviously conservative. Anyways it was from Dec. 07 and there was an article about the economy and how bad it was. Well it mentioned how alot of the subprime garbage securities were packaged, marked safe and sold to the rest of the world mainly Europe I think (suckers lol) They mentioned how many foreign investors felt ripped off and how this could negatively affect confidence in the US dollar and the US market. The danger would be if countries began refusing loans and investing in the US which the Us needs to function (we need to finance our debt :thumbup:)

Why do I bring this old @$$ article up? well obviously because less than a year later the stock market is behaving like it ate bad chinese sushi (I know...) and is all over the place. Now the world finally felt the donkey kick to the nuts and everyone is feeling the pain and some are worse off than others (sorry Iceland :() So this old conservative article gave me the final reason needed to choose between the two presidential candidates, Obama is the one that gets most foreigners excited (in a good way finally) about so logic would dictate that worldwide confidence in the US would improve and hopefully help stabilize the exchanges after being sat on by the elephant.
J/k I blame everyone for the mess we're all in. poor, rich, democrat, republican, christian, atheist etc etc etc etc.....

Divine Intervention
10-17-2008, 17:53
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v347/247/64/61304766/n61304766_35970489_7176.jpg

MAGGIO
10-17-2008, 18:07
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divine Intervention again.

Divine Intervention
10-17-2008, 18:16
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Divine Intervention again.

thats like the 3rd time :crying:

MAGGIO
10-17-2008, 18:48
your on a f'in roll

Divine Intervention
10-17-2008, 18:49
your on a f'in roll

i decided it was time for change, you know.