PDA

View Full Version : Why the world hates americans.

Rassputtin
10-04-2008, 04:14
This is a fine example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDt7RV5h0

Warning: This video contains american soldiers blatantly killing or attempting to kill Iraqi civilians, and loving every minute of it.

The incident starts over a sniper round hitting near their post. And so they open fire on a store front, and cars as they drive down the street, and civilians as they get out of their cars and try to run away.

Clearly every one and any one within range of thier M4 Carbines was the sniper who took the shot.

Rassputtin
10-04-2008, 04:31
Or if you prefer to not watch "official soldiers" shooting at civilians you can watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZX1odzHdAo&feature=related

And you'll get to see the private contractors we have over there freely going on shooting sprees.

Bram Gotink
10-04-2008, 08:02
shut up Rass

MAGGIO
10-04-2008, 09:49
I am not going to watch the video becuase there were not "pre-conditions" (stab at McCain)

Bram Gotink
10-04-2008, 10:16
I am not going to watch the video becuase there were not "pre-conditions" (stab at McCain)

shut up Rass

That counts for you too, Maggio.
Mod or no mod.

I've had enough of this election stuff. If you need to critisize, do so in a thread about the elections. Not in any other forum/topic/thread.

ooga booga
10-04-2008, 11:03
That counts for you too, Maggio.
Mod or no mod.

I've had enough of this election stuff. If you need to critisize, do so in a thread about the elections. Not in any other forum/topic/thread.

Even Bram from Belgium has had enough. lol, it just never gets old. I need to stop coming in this general discussion part of the forum. Seems it's just a waste of my time and energy.

Tnova
10-04-2008, 11:46
I didn't look at the video either. But in my opinion, this is a human flaw, not an American flaw. It is no worse then watching a terrorist video,ex Daniel Pearl video, and hating Pakistanis because of it. You can find these type of actions/mentality of people of within every nationality. I'm sure we all know someone in our personal life who have little human conscience and compassion for the life of others.

Americans have been in some of the most publicized wars in history. But you don't see these actions every day and i would hope the world doesn't think that the American people/Troops as a whole don't care.

jasonlfunk
10-04-2008, 11:50
"No unarmed people were hurt during the shooting." :blink:

Green
10-04-2008, 13:28
This is a fine example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDt7RV5h0

Warning: This video contains american soldiers blatantly killing or attempting to kill Iraqi civilians, and loving every minute of it.

The incident starts over a sniper round hitting near their post. And so they open fire on a store front, and cars as they drive down the street, and civilians as they get out of their cars and try to run away.

Clearly every one and any one within range of thier M4 Carbines was the sniper who took the shot.

Voice over's do not exist.

Right?

Rassputtin
10-04-2008, 15:57
I didn't look at the video either. But in my opinion, this is a human flaw, not an American flaw. It is no worse then watching a terrorist video,ex Daniel Pearl video, and hating Pakistanis because of it. You can find these type of actions/mentality of people of within every nationality. I'm sure we all know someone in our personal life who have little human conscience and compassion for the life of others.

Americans have been in some of the most publicized wars in history. But you don't see these actions every day and i would hope the world doesn't think that the American people/Troops as a whole don't care.

That is true, and thats the problem. We expose ourselves everywhere across the world and do this stuff. I'm not saying its right by any degree, but the beheadings and what not are taking place in Iraq, where we have gone to them.

We set ourselves up for failure by being this super power and we are going to help the world and invade here and invade there and liberate peoples and then we open fire on thier civilians.

Its no surpise this type of stuff takes place in "war zones". Whether its caught on film or not, it happens on both sides in any confrontation. But if America presents itself to the world like its on a pedestal and its liberating people then we will be held to a higher standard whilst doing so.

Kind of like If I masturbate at home its no biggie, everyone does it, happens all the time. But when I start going to every house on my block and doing it..... it presents me in a bad light.

Voice over's do not exist.

Right?

yeah, every video ever produced of americans doing bad things was voiced over, and video edited. And what those americans were really saying before the voice over was.

Soldier #1 - "Holy crap, that civilian in that car has a bazooka"
Soldier #2 - "And there is someone in that store front with a sniper rifle"
Soldier #3 - "I have eyes on another civilian vehicle, westbound with a 60 cal.

Soldier #4 - "I don't think its a bazooka in the first car its an IED. And if he hits the turbo boost he could hop the curb and jump the car to our hieght"

Soldier #1 - "By golly your right. Our lives are being threatened up here by that civilian car driving by"

Squad Leader - "Men rules of engagement, we are in a civilian location, do not fire unless fired upon or your lives are threatened. Hold fire."

...........off in the distance a gun shot is heard..............

Soldier -1 "we're being fired at"
Soldiers - 2,3,4 "FIRE"
Squad Leader - "Hold fire men, that was not a shot at us. We are americans and incapable of doing anything wrong. And we must ensure that our actions will speak for themselves because clearly someone will take this footage and voice it over to make us look barbaric. Hold Fire"

............ and then the video ends...............

Because in real life, before the voice overs, there was no gun fire. The troops were just bouncing around the rooftop cause they were nervous.

And the Iraqi civilians were all drunk. They were never even fired at, they just smashed up thier cars, and were so drunk and didnt want to get arrested for smashing up thier cars that they either spontaneously died on the spot or jumped out and ran away.

So you see, in this video, no shots were even fired and the americans were actually sipping soup and getting a good laugh at drunken iraqi's. Whoever did this video and audio editing on this should really be nominated for an academy award the production is fantastic. Especially how he adds the little no unarmed guys were hurt bit. That just really shows he thought this project through.

Gimmie a ****ing break Green. You sound like every other fool commenting on video's like that on Youtube. Every time its a video of americans doing something bad the comments are.

"voice over", "video edit", "photo shop", "relax people he only hit the sheep herder and his sheep with a flash bang so its funny not wrong".

I bet the abu ghraib tortures were all just voice overs, photo shops, and video edits too huh?

Your and many others attitudes like that towards blatantly wrong american actions is only a catalyst of why we are viewed so poorly.

I'm not anti-american. I wouldnt want to live in any other country (except the netherlands). But being able to say, we f'd up does not make you any less patriotic. But watching something F'd up or doing something F'd up and blowing it off, is typical 8 year old denial reaction to breaking moms lamp.

Is america great? yes. Do I love that I live here? yes. Does that mean we are incapable of improving or making mistakes that need improving upon? NO. Does that mean that if we want to present ourselves as the high and mighty nation liberating super power that we should be much more aware and cautios of our actions so as not to breed even more hate.

Hell yeah.

-Z-
10-04-2008, 16:14

It is a human flaw yes.

But only America puts its citizens in situations like this so often that we all know about it.

America is sick.

Z

-Z-
10-04-2008, 16:19
That is true, and thats the problem. We expose ourselves everywhere across the world and do this stuff. I'm not saying its right by any degree, but the beheadings and what not are taking place in Iraq, where we have gone to them.

We set ourselves up for failure by being this super power and we are going to help the world and invade here and invade there and liberate peoples and then we open fire on thier civilians.

Its no surpise this type of stuff takes place in "war zones". Whether its caught on film or not, it happens on both sides in any confrontation. But if America presents itself to the world like its on a pedestal and its liberating people then we will be held to a higher standard whilst doing so.

Kind of like If I masturbate at home its no biggie, everyone does it, happens all the time. But when I start going to every house on my block and doing it..... it presents me in a bad light.

yeah, every video ever produced of americans doing bad things was voiced over, and video edited. And what those americans were really saying before the voice over was.

Soldier #1 - "Holy crap, that civilian in that car has a bazooka"
Soldier #2 - "And there is someone in that store front with a sniper rifle"
Soldier #3 - "I have eyes on another civilian vehicle, westbound with a 60 cal.

Soldier #4 - "I don't think its a bazooka in the first car its an IED. And if he hits the turbo boost he could hop the curb and jump the car to our hieght"

Soldier #1 - "By golly your right. Our lives are being threatened up here by that civilian car driving by"

Squad Leader - "Men rules of engagement, we are in a civilian location, do not fire unless fired upon or your lives are threatened. Hold fire."

...........off in the distance a gun shot is heard..............

Soldier -1 "we're being fired at"
Soldiers - 2,3,4 "FIRE"
Squad Leader - "Hold fire men, that was not a shot at us. We are americans and incapable of doing anything wrong. And we must ensure that our actions will speak for themselves because clearly someone will take this footage and voice it over to make us look barbaric. Hold Fire"

............ and then the video ends...............

Because in real life, before the voice overs, there was no gun fire. The troops were just bouncing around the rooftop cause they were nervous.

And the Iraqi civilians were all drunk. They were never even fired at, they just smashed up thier cars, and were so drunk and didnt want to get arrested for smashing up thier cars that they either spontaneously died on the spot or jumped out and ran away.

So you see, in this video, no shots were even fired and the americans were actually sipping soup and getting a good laugh at drunken iraqi's. Whoever did this video and audio editing on this should really be nominated for an academy award the production is fantastic. Especially how he adds the little no unarmed guys were hurt bit. That just really shows he thought this project through.

Gimmie a ****ing break Green. You sound like every other fool commenting on video's like that on Youtube. Every time its a video of americans doing something bad the comments are.

"voice over", "video edit", "photo shop", "relax people he only hit the sheep herder and his sheep with a flash bang so its funny not wrong".

I bet the abu ghraib tortures were all just voice overs, photo shops, and video edits too huh?

Your and many others attitudes like that towards blatantly wrong american actions is only a catalyst of why we are viewed so poorly.

I'm not anti-american. I wouldnt want to live in any other country (except the netherlands). But being able to say, we f'd up does not make you any less patriotic. But watching something F'd up or doing something F'd up and blowing it off, is typical 8 year old denial reaction to breaking moms lamp.

Is america great? yes. Do I love that I live here? yes. Does that mean we are incapable of improving or making mistakes that need improving upon? NO. Does that mean that if we want to present ourselves as the high and mighty nation liberating super power that we should be much more aware and cautios of our actions so as not to breed even more hate.

Hell yeah.

Rass U are awsome, u actually adress the truth, and not ignore it, or try to rationalize things, and make excuses (alatnova) which results in no change to the status quo!
America needs more good citizens like you that are willing to point out problems and incite change!

Do I have u on msn?

zackszabo@hotmail.com

ranger2112
10-04-2008, 16:20
do you two need a room?

Tnova
10-04-2008, 17:05
It is a human flaw yes.

But only America puts its citizens in situations like this so often that we all know about it.

America is sick.

Z

You are sick. You expressed your opinion, and now I've expressed mine.

L P
10-04-2008, 18:48
===>Here (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/04ca71bc56)<=== is my video response.

Green
10-04-2008, 18:59
Did I say that youtube video had been voiced over?

edit: Wow, just actually read most of your post. Way to be a tough guy on the internet. Grow up please.

-Z-
10-04-2008, 19:08
You are sick. You expressed your opinion, and now I've expressed mine.

Well, will u explain your opinion, I know you know my reasons.

It needs to heal, america is sick, is a good analogy .

Do u deny that America is not in a healthy state?

Z

Tnova
10-04-2008, 20:53
I'd explain my thoughts to anyone else but you Z. I'm not interested in talking to someone who is so angry about a subject, no constructive conversation can come from that.

So, you continue to attack people personally, go ahead and attack my citizenship and attack LPs family. Can't you see what a waste of time that is? I know it makes you feel better to lash out like that, but I'm just not into that.:thumbdown:

-Z-
10-04-2008, 21:21
I'd explain my thoughts to anyone else but you Z. I'm not interested in talking to someone who is so angry about a subject, no constructive conversation can come from that.

So, you continue to attack people personally, go ahead and attack my citizenship and attack LPs family. Can't you see what a waste of time that is? I know it makes you feel better to lash out like that, but I'm just not into that.:thumbdown:

My statement to LP was rude and I apologized.

I have not lashed out at anyone in this thread. The only thing that angers me is ignorance and apathy.

You will not explain yourself, becuase its not possible to do so without exposeing the truth of the matter.

Z

Dogma
10-05-2008, 03:30
This is exactly what makes you such a polarizing poster on these forums. You are again telling everyone "what the truth is" according to you. You don't discuss, you accuse. Keep it civil, the warning goes for EVERY THING you post. Be careful where you tread here, Z.

Blackwater
10-05-2008, 04:33
This is exactly what makes you such a polarizing poster on these forums. You are again telling everyone "what the truth is" according to you. You don't discuss, you accuse. Keep it civil, the warning goes for EVERY THING you post. Be careful where you tread here, Z.

I'm with you on this. Reminds me of a 9/11 Truther lol

Max Logan
10-05-2008, 16:00
I`m sure this doesn`t happen anywhere else in the world!

Not in Russia, China, Pakistan, India, Iran, Israel, Sudan, Jemen, Cuba...and on and on.

The only threads, though, are about the big bad USA.

You call me biased! Way to go people :thumbup:

-Z-
10-05-2008, 17:22
can someone please point out some of my lies?

and where I am telling people what the truth is?

I tell people to look around, and not be ignorant.

I tell people to seek the truth.

Z

Will
10-07-2008, 16:01
What would you say if the "truth" supported the US?

Rassputtin
10-07-2008, 22:30
As I said before the problem isn't that americans necessarily commit more atrocities then anyone else.

We just put ourselves out there more for the world to take notice to them. I just think if we are going to put ourselves out there that we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

The topic of the thread is why the world hates us.

And I think that is why. Its basically a stereotype resulting from over exposure.

I'm not saying the world should hate us, or that we are worse than anyone else.

I have my suspicions that in countries like N. Korea, and Iraq pre war, and many others (africa) that atrocities are taking place. Some less and worse severe than the video's I've posted.

But they are happening there, and since there is little american interest and world interest in those areas (no natural resources to save so why bother), we don't hear about them.

Fox 43 isn't there filming it, and the locals that film it, if they do, aren't getting any press anywhere so no one knows about it. So the world doesn't hate them. They don't care about them, but they don't hate them.

We on the other hand have bases and troops on the ground everywhere, and reporters with camera's following them around......

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm just as sick of seeing posts blindly supporting america as I am of posts blindly hating on america.

There are always two views from a window. If you find that you've got the view from your side memorized, maybe its time to take a minute and look throught it from the other side.

Hoebawt
10-08-2008, 00:28

Holy crap Z didnt even post anything bad.....Maybe you all should listen and open ur eyes... Our country istn wat it once was....

bottom line WAR IS BAD.. only good for video games... and text based games

ace of fear
10-08-2008, 06:20
Hmm, I'll try this without accusing anyone, just want to show up the thoughts of some germans.

At first, the status of the only superpower of the world gives the USA on one hand the power to "play" world police, on the other hand many ppl/countries are jealousy about this fact. America is put on a pedestal and all other nations/ppl watch up and try to figure out mistakes. Hollywoodstars are followed each step by paparazzi, and so are the USA.
And due to the fact that the USA are the "good guys", they have to show that they do nothing wrong, what leads to strong media presence at action places. The "bad guys" can suppress those presence, actually they have to do so because they're the bad guys, otherwise they wouldn't be the bad guys^^
This facts lead to the problem, that almost every misjudgement of a latent dangerous situation by really nervous, young men is documentated and the world see's how incompetent america's soldiers are.

Second comes the fact, that the USA played world police very very often. Sometimes someone who does this job is really needed. But sometimes not. And while the USA made some mistakes in the rating of situations that could need their investigation, now ppl are annoyed by it. As good as a helping hand is, if it does almost everything for you, you get pissed off.

And third... well, George W. Bush is not very beloved by many ppl ;-)

Summarizing and reducing it to the core, I think it's the fact, that ppl are jealousy about America having the might to play world police.
Then they say: "Hey, this country has enough problems with itself, why don't they take care of THAT?" or "America is just snatching ressources under the cloak of liberating the world."

That America's power goes ahead with big responsibility most ppl forget, and when documentations like above show up, they can scream and shout how bad America is and forget about their own small problems.
It's like in parliament, as long as the opposition is not in charge, they accuse the gouvernment of being clueless and incompetent and so on... but if the opposition becomes the gouvernment, they do the same.

canadian1971
10-08-2008, 08:03
No where in that first video do I see a cilvilian being shot. What I see is two cars driving into the middle of a fire fight which was all ready taking place. You can see the people get out of the closest car and run into the building. They didn't appear to be getting shot at. The car which drove into the ally swerved to avoid a body which was all ready laying in the street.(the only body I see in that entire video). I see no impact of rounds into either of the vehicles.

As for the soldiers hooting at the end....imo, even though I've never been in a position like it myself, I suspect that when you're involved in a combat situation your blood gets up more than a little bit and the hooting when it's over is more a management tactic that realeases the fear/stress/anger/anxiety that built up during that engagement. I would guess that most of us have seen a fist fight where one guy beats the daylights outta another and then hoots and hollers at the end of the fight. I know I have.

I'm not trying to justify anything here.....I've watched what you presented and will draw my own conclussions.

kingmyth
10-08-2008, 22:11
It could be just me but i see these kinds of threads all the time and to be honest im kinda sick of them. I am of the opinion that until you walk a mile in their shoes in iraq you shouldn't be so quick to judge them. I am all for freedom of speech and stating your opinion but at least put yourself in their shoes, you get shot at everyday, your enemy blends in to the crowd and uses it as a shield, and the locals hide and aid your enemy and then tell me you wouldn't be paranoid that anyone at anytime might shoot you or blow you up.

esco
10-16-2008, 19:02
you all suck, the truth is obama is a muslim and he's gonna convert america into a terrorist sponsoring state because his white mom and white grandmother raised him in a Muslim nation and the radical state of hawii and turned him over to Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayars to mentor him since birth in radical and terrorist activities.

I'm not convinced about the videos. The fact is that just because "evidence" pops up on the internet doesn't mean it's the truth. Remember the advice about tv? Don't trust what's on tv? well you should multiply by 10 when your referring to anyone uploaded onto the web. Anyone these days can create a convincing video if properly edited no matter how out of context they eventually become.

Hello everyone I'm back... for a while anyways :popcorns: