PDA

View Full Version : Rename this game "www.netting-wars-with-the-ocasional-real-war.com

Mhaphew
10-05-2008, 19:56
You all like it?
Cause that is what this game has turned into..

Will
10-05-2008, 19:59
how do you work that out?

Mhaphew
10-05-2008, 20:06
Its blatently obvious, read just about everyother thread about marking the suiciders, making suicideing illegal, making certain moves only legal during a time of war, etc., etc...

Divine Intervention
10-05-2008, 20:11
the problem with this game is not the wars...its the nature of how close knit the community has become. you can't war someone without either stepping on someone elses shoes , without taking someones "side" and helping them out or without warring your own friends. the community has basically divided into several large camps...i remember a time when you could pretty much war a diff nation each set and no one would care...now its all the same.if LoR wants to war...who will they war? either WLF or WAL...every time they want to war they only have those 2 options. same with all the other big nations. the small nations? well they also have like only 1-2 options each because everyone else are friends. this just results in huge prolonged grudges where you do the same thing over and over and over again. it gets boring. people quit. we need to increase our membership to make warring a more diverse thing.

otherwise, thanks for your extremely valuable contribution with this topic. playing in LoR hasn't done you much good i see...

Mhaphew
10-05-2008, 20:26
LoR has done me alot of good.
Anton, how about you try something before you diss it...
And please, dont make this a thread about LoR..
this is a thread about suiciders..

Green
10-05-2008, 20:33
Let's rename baseball while we are at it. I mean there are only 3 bases (really small) in those huge stadiums!

MAGGIO
10-05-2008, 20:50
you could always branch out on your own with a new nation and recruit some of your buddies to join you...

It may be more productive than complaining.

Divine Intervention
10-05-2008, 20:52
LoR has done me alot of good.
Anton, how about you try something before you diss it...
And please, dont make this a thread about LoR..
this is a thread about suiciders..

im not making this about LoR. your complaining that we should change the name
of the game because no one wants to war. thats not it. i warred in WLF
2005-20008. You don't just suddenly stop liking warring unless something is
not the same anymore. and guess what? its not the same. thats what im saying.
before you could war a different nation and no one would really mind. there was
fun, there was variety. now you always end up warring the same people over
and over and over again and it gets repetitive and boring and you want to do
something different. whats so hard to understand? once this game has a large
membership base again, one large enough so that warring someone wont result
in some 10 set grudge war including multiple alliances etc etc then you will
see many more wars and no one will be complaining. i doubt people were complaining
about wars when we had several thousand players...because if you wanted to
war you went one nation and had many many options...if you wanted to net you
went other nation etc etc now the options are severally limited and your always
gonna piss someone off and cause lots of bad blood.

Disorder
10-06-2008, 13:03
You all like it?

I wouldn't expect anything more from a simple, slow minded person like yourself.

Guy77
10-06-2008, 13:58
you could always branch out on your own with a new nation and recruit some of your buddies to join you...

It may be more productive than complaining.

i disagree

because even if he were to get even a 12 man nation together............ it wouldn't matter

nuff said

MAGGIO
10-06-2008, 14:21
War is only an option to win. This not a war game, that is not all you do is war.

The object is the win. The winner is declared by the highest NW. That is the only goal in the game. Anyone doing anything else is not playing the game as it is intended, therefore you here complaints.

This is a team based game, were one team is pitted against several others to acheive the highest score.

WTF! why cant this ideal get across to anyone.

Im not making this crap up...Its not my opinion here...

ranger2112
10-06-2008, 14:28
some folks prefer to quiver their lips and cry

Dogma
10-06-2008, 14:44
War is only an option to win. This not a war game, that is not all you do is war.

The object is the win. The winner is declared by the highest NW. That is the only goal in the game. Anyone doing anything else is not playing the game as it is intended, therefore you here complaints.

This is a team based game, were one team is pitted against several others to acheive the highest score.

WTF! why cant this ideal get across to anyone.

Im not making this crap up...Its not my opinion here...

Pain in the SLOB speaks the truth. Good post Pain. :P

Max Logan
10-06-2008, 15:12
You all like it?

In what hole were you in the last few sets? :mellow:

ooga booga
10-06-2008, 15:48
In what hole were you in the last few sets? :mellow:

lol apparently the whole game was netting I guess. Weird.... I thought I saw a bunch of wars last set... :unsure:

Green
10-06-2008, 16:34
Ya know, come to think of it...I am sending Goodell (spelling?) a letter requesting that they rename the NFL because the players hardly every touch the ball with their foot.

MAGGIO
10-06-2008, 17:37
LOL @ Green

Crimson Shadow
10-06-2008, 18:38
Ya know, come to think of it...I am sending Goodell (spelling?) a letter requesting that they rename the NFL because the players hardly every touch the ball with their foot.

Lmao rep for that one.

Highest NW isnt the only goal in the game. Some individual nations go for most NW killed/avg NW killed. While the winner is declared by total NW, waring can still be an achieveable goal.

Rassputtin
10-06-2008, 19:57
Nations have goals. Avg Net Killed, Avg Net Gained.

But your missing the bigger picture Crimson.

Players in the NFL have supplemental goals as well. Be the reciever with the most yards, most touchdowns,.... etc etc.

But the point is to WIN the games, the same is true with NW.

The winner is decided by Networth. If I have a smaller nation will I make a side goal of having the most avg networth sure, but I play the game to get the highest net. Games are played to win.

And a state that has suicided has never won a set.

In reality the name of the game should be changed to..

"Experience_a_cowardly_death_by_suicider.com"

Crimson Shadow
10-06-2008, 20:27
Rass, you read into posts waaaayyyyy toooooooooo much. I never said that people don't try to win total networth.
I was simply pointing out that there are other goals besides winning.

Highest NW isnt the only goal in the game. Some individual nations go for most NW killed/avg NW killed. While the winner is declared by total NW, waring can still be an achieveable goal.

Please show me in my post where I missed the "bigger picture" because I never said don't try to WIN with total Networth.

MAGGIO
10-06-2008, 20:31
Rass, you read into posts waaaayyyyy toooooooooo much. I never said that people don't try to win total networth.
I was simply pointing out that there are other goals besides winning.

Please show me in my post where I missed the "bigger picture" because I never said don't try to WIN with total Networth.

secondary goals sure, but the primary goal is the win highest NW as an individual and as a nation.

Most kills and second highest nw is still loosing.

Green
10-06-2008, 20:57
Players in the NFL have supplemental goals as well. Be the reciever with the most yards, most touchdowns,.... etc etc.

As none of the catergories you listed contain anything to do with the foot, I thank you for your support. I will sign your name to my letter.

Disorder
10-06-2008, 23:07
This thread and it's creator is definatly getting NEGATIVE REP..... lol

Mhaphew
10-07-2008, 01:03
This thread and it's creator is definatly getting NEGATIVE REP..... lol

Actually, you are the only one who has given me negative rep, and you have done it 2x.. hmm, I'm not sure if you just dont like me or if you have an itchy trigger finger for the negative rep button, Now im not calling you a crybaby, but by definition...well you get the point.

ps People have given me good rep for this post BTW.. and i stand behind this thread 100%

Disorder
10-07-2008, 01:12
Actually, you are the only one who has given me negative rep, and you have done it 2x.. hmm, I'm not sure if you just dont like me or if you have an itchy trigger finger for the negative rep button, Now im not calling you a crybaby, but by definition...well you get the point.

ps People have given me good rep for this post BTW.. and i stand behind this thread 100%

Nope.. your the main one thats always negative, so your the only one that gets bad rep from me regularly.. :closedeyes:

northbabylon
10-07-2008, 01:50
Nope.. your the main one thats always negative, so your the only one that gets bad rep from me regularly.. :closedeyes:

to his credit...your the only one that gave me neg rep...but like 5 weeks later you gave me back pos rep so i forgive ya.

Divine Intervention
10-07-2008, 02:44
looking back, i have to admit, im upset that during July set i decided to teach mphathew
a lesson about hitting someone b4 their gb ran out by hitting him for 6k land at end of set..
it set of a chain of events that resulted in him getting kicked out of FW, joining LoR and
becoming a spacker in the process :(.

maybe he will turn back to the good side one day :(.

jeff_capes
10-07-2008, 05:06
If you wanna kill someone so desperately join BH. We will be dying this set, lol

Foxhound
10-07-2008, 08:19
i suggested renaming the game from the very beginning

lets change it! :dblthumbup:

Divine Intervention
10-07-2008, 08:36
bet they don't have this argument on the estonian server.
domination.ee.

we should rename ourselves: supremacy.com or something ;)

Mhaphew
10-08-2008, 11:10

Nice, disorder nice, now you are getting your friends to give me bad rep too...nice..

What goes around, comes around, just think of that..

Cemetary
10-08-2008, 11:39
i didnt read any of the other posts jsut the very first one on the thread

no matter how much people complain there is still a big war every set so idk why people r complaining about "renaming it to nation netting" or some thing even less original

i havent netted since the second set NW came back and everytime there was a war it involved 25-50 percent of the game so once again i dont see how people can complain about not getting enough war

Divine Intervention
10-08-2008, 11:48
1st set = LOL, WANT, USA vs KIHT + CASH
2nd set = LoR vs EE (35 vs 50 or so war). TNG vs WANT too i think?
3rd set = LoR vs DaK, LoR vs OUT.
4th set = LoR vs USA + Doom. EoS +DaK vs LoR. AF vs USA. FB, TNG, Horde vs THIK
5th set = AF vs DaK, LoR vs DaK, LoR vs SC
6th set = WLF vs LoR, WLF vs EE.
7th set = current.

so thread = epic fail.
might have missed out a few wars.

MAGGIO
10-08-2008, 12:59
7th set = current.

so thread = epic fail.

rep for that.

Divine Intervention
10-08-2008, 16:23
hehe, ive recieved 5 + reps from this thread :D
edit - 6 reps thanks bram, morph, crimson, andy, will and maggio :D

Crimson Shadow
10-08-2008, 18:33
7th set = current.

so thread = epic fail.

Forgot 6th set -- USA vs AF, USA vs GofH :P

Other than that I think you hit most of the big ones.

MAGGIO
10-08-2008, 18:37
looking at it that way that is more wars than I thought...that is alot of activity since there really is not that many nations.

Divine Intervention
10-08-2008, 18:40
Forgot 6th set -- USA vs AF, USA vs GofH :P

Other than that I think you hit most of the big ones.

oh yeah, how could i forget that, especially considering i was negotiating GofH surrender terms on the behalf of USA (you guys can thank me later ;)) :P

Mr President
10-08-2008, 19:41
Why on earth would you negotiate a surrender for GofH?

That was a fun set. We got hit by 2 nations and we came back to pull off a victory.. after AF was destroyed, I really really really really wanted to swing back around and kill off GofH just for hitting us, but i held off.. I think i am just too nice anymore :glare:

Divine Intervention
10-08-2008, 19:45
Why on earth would you negotiate a surrender for GofH?

That was a fun set. We got hit by 2 nations and we came back to pull off a victory.. after AF was destroyed, I really really really really wanted to swing back around and kill off GofH just for hitting us, but i held off.. I think i am just too nice anymore :glare:

because i was very very stoned, it was 5am, everyone had gone to sleep, and when swede7 messaged me asking whether i was FA for USA i thought that it
would be quite funny to convince him that if he wanted peace then his only choice was to publicly apologize to USA on forums, admit defeat and cease fire for 24 hours whilst the rest of USA leaders decided on response. i think i actually convinced him for a while but then i thought it would be too harsh and told him the truth. was a very fun night. i thought i dreamt it when i woke up the next day, had to check MSN history to see if it happened lol

MAGGIO
10-08-2008, 19:47
because i was very very stoned, it was 5am, everyone had gone to sleep, and when swede7 messaged me asking whether i was FA for USA i thought that it
would be quite funny to convince him that if he wanted peace then his only choice was to publicly apologize to USA on forums, admit defeat and cease fire for 24 hours whilst the rest of USA leaders decided on response. i think i actually convinced him for a while but then i thought it would be too harsh and told him the truth. was a very fun night. i thought i dreamt it when i woke up the next day, had to check MSN history to see if it happened lol

tried to rep you again, but it wouldnt let me :sneaky:

Mhaphew
10-09-2008, 13:23
Orinally when I wrote this thread i was not talking about the wars that have passed. I am talking about what we are forming the game into today. Please stop posting that this game has had a thousand wars in the past I really DGAF. All those wars were probably caused because someone suicided right? Right. Now all that is probably going to end..
PLEASE STOP BRINGING UP PREVIOUS WARS, THIS THREAD WAS NOT CREATED FOR YOU TO DISCUSS PREVIOUS WARS

MAGGIO
10-09-2008, 14:18
Orinally when I wrote this thread i was not talking about the wars that have passed. I am talking about what we are forming the game into today. Please stop posting that this game has had a thousand wars in the past I really DGAF. All those wars were probably caused because someone suicided right? Right. Now all that is probably going to end..
PLEASE STOP BRINGING UP PREVIOUS WARS, THIS THREAD WAS NOT CREATED FOR YOU TO DISCUSS PREVIOUS WARS

Past? It was like two weeks ago! We dont have huge wars in one set and all of a sudden we are "nation-of-netting".

Oh some people want to talk about suiciding and multies and you have a problem with it GET over it dude. You never have anything nice to say about anything...

For you I guess the game should be called nation-of-*****ing

Mhaphew
10-09-2008, 16:53
Past? It was like two weeks ago! We dont have huge wars in one set and all of a sudden we are "nation-of-netting".

Oh some people want to talk about suiciding and multies and you have a problem with it GET over it dude. You never have anything nice to say about anything...

For you I guess the game should be called nation-of-*****ing

Well, nation of *****ing is more like it then!

PS, it doesnt matter if the war was 2 weeks ago, 2 years ago , or 2 seconds ago. Where will the wars go if we put bumpers over everything? Its like bowling, if you suck *** you are gonna get a real low score, but if you put up bumpers you have absolutely no chance of failing! Wheres the fun in that?!?

Mhaphew
10-09-2008, 16:59
Just do me one thing, eliminate wars altogether, and ill be happy, ill just net peacefully alone, by myself, but please dont have war as an option but make it so hard to accomplish anytyhing in a war.
thats like playing CS with only slappers, it will work, but its painfully slow to kill anyone!

Dogma
10-09-2008, 17:12
Dude, Chill out, Holy **** You act as though this game is only yours. right now, ou are the main one I see doing all the *****ing. If it bothers you that ****ed much, quit! **** I am tired of reading your whining.

Mhaphew
10-09-2008, 17:33
hahah actually i dont play the game anymore..
i guess my signature will always read '03-'08
Im mostly just here to ***** on the forums :P

Dogma
10-09-2008, 17:59

That just made anything you post totally irrelevant and not worth reading.

Mhaphew
10-09-2008, 18:04

Well, i started the set and just didnt feel like playing anymore, the game is just not like i remember it when i was being taught how to play by my best bud back when i was in HS...

-Z-
10-10-2008, 01:47
Well, i started the set and just didnt feel like playing anymore, the game is just not like i remember it when i was being taught how to play by my best bud back when i was in HS...

last set we had massive wars all set.

Z

Max Logan
10-10-2008, 02:46

you don`t play...i can understand
then what is this all thread about? you don`t play, why would we/you care about the gameplay?

Its like I would start to care about Legend of Zelda gameplay :blink:

And I can see you haven`t played recently, there was only one relatively peaceful set, and that was June

jeff_capes
10-10-2008, 04:20

Thats because of the low members we have now and ****s like you.
This set has ages to go yet, and i'm pretty sure it will kick off by the end. If you don't play the game anymore why post on here. :P

Divine Intervention
10-10-2008, 04:35
you don`t play...i can understand
then what is this all thread about? you don`t play, why would we/you care about the gameplay?

Its like I would start to care about Legend of Zelda gameplay :blink:

And I can see you haven`t played recently, there was only one relatively peaceful set, and that was June

DaK and OUT getting wiped out and USA having the privilege of getting several suicides (including on you i think?) equals to relatively peaceful :P?

Max Logan
10-10-2008, 10:56
DaK and OUT getting wiped out and USA having the privilege of getting several suicides (including on you i think?) equals to relatively peaceful :P?

look at the other sets! :p

Disorder
10-10-2008, 22:19

Just give him negitive rep as I do every chance I get.. he does his part to earn it! lol