PDA

View Full Version : Definition: Suiciding

MAGGIO
10-07-2008, 12:18
RULES
1. Post your detailed definition of what you think a suicide is
2. NO REPLIES to others definitions as replies will be deleted
3. Be specific, and serious as non well thought out answers, and joke answers will be deleted.

Like I just said in another post. We cant even come together to decide the definition of suicide. I know there are thousands of posts, but I think we need to come together on something around here. I dout this will work, but when someone comes on here talking about suicides and crap it needs to accurate.

Some of you want rules on suicide, some dont, even if there ever was, what would be the definition to go by.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE! to give your opinion with out anyone else arguring with you, or challenging your understanding of the word.

- please do not say whether you think it should be aloud or not
- please do not say what you think we should do about it or not
- please do not say it is good or bad or part of or shouldnt be part of the game

Just your definition of a suicide attack or kill in this game on a state or nation basis.

Rassputtin
10-07-2008, 13:15
Rassputtin Definition of a Suicider (suicide attack)

A suicide attack is defined as a state or group of states who;

1. Have no care to where their states or group of states finish.
(No regard for the objective of playing the game)

2. Use this disregard to perform attacks on other states or groups of states who do care by;

-----A. Engaging targets of which they are incapable of killing
-----B. Engaging targets of which they have no chance of surviving retal

*Note - Often the engaged targets seem to be "random", in the sense that there have been no in game instigations, FA breakdowns, or tensions between the suicider and the target.

*edit* Ras said this in another thread and it is relevant, and a good summary - MAGGIO

A much smaller target ( 1,2,3 states) with no chance of waging a successful military campaign against a much larger target, wages the campaign anyway for the sole purpose of killing or hobbling the larger target knowign full well they have 0 percent chance of living and will be killed.

ranger2112
10-07-2008, 13:23
A suicider is someone who attacks and either severely harms or kills a state for reasons other than gaining position. Either through spite or a lack of respect for someone working hard on their state. Their actions are not designed to help anyone.

Divine Intervention
10-07-2008, 13:29
*edit* please remember not to reply to anyones answer this is not a debate or arguement thread - MAGGIO

my definition of a suicide is a player or a group who harm the state because they do not want to see it finish high. usually done anonymously the attacker
doesn't claim his deed on the forums. Can either be acting alone or on the instructions of friends who want to see competition removed. Losing his own
state is not an issue for the suicider either. He knows that he will be killed afterwards and even if he somehow manages to spin this suicide out to seem like
a "war" (e.g. gathering enough butt buddies or multies for a nation) it would be a war hed never win. Would never put it past a suicider also to be a multie.

oh, and another thing that for me defines suiciding - other than killing the crappy ****ty state that did it, there is nothing more you can do. the attacker
is able to do his cowardly tactics without consequence (unless some major
work is done to somehow find him).

Will
10-07-2008, 13:30
A suicider is a state or group of states who target another state or nation with war attacks/offensive spy ops, without provocation, with the sole intent of killing or crippling the target, knowing that they will not survive the retaliation of their target.

pron
10-07-2008, 13:32
Suiciding is any person or group of people that hits another nation/player and refuses to say who they are in the forums, and what their reasons are. Also, their fight is not to win a war, but only to make others not enjoy playing.

Crimson Shadow
10-07-2008, 19:19
A suicide is crippling/killing one state just for the pleasure of killing someone. No purpose or reason for the attack, no respect for their set, no goal accomplished from it other than getting the entire community pissed off about it.

IMO though, its a case by case basis. Some nations war (like USA/DOOM a couple sets ago) knowing they will lose alone, but fight for a purpose. The intent is what is key, and only the attacker(s) know what the true goal is.

Dogma
10-07-2008, 19:22
Suicidinig is hitting my state regardless of how many players you have or I have. Just hitting me period.

*edit* please expand your answer - MAGGIO

The Legend
10-08-2008, 02:16
An attack by one or more states against another state or states where the attackers (being of sound mind) know that a mutually agreed to peace or victory are both impossible, and where the attack would not be considered a reasonable retaliation by a neutral third party.

"Retaliation" is necessary because a state or nation may feel it is being unfairly treated by a much larger force, but extracting a retaliation is impossible because they simply lack the bargaining power (military strength).

Reasons for desiring a retaliation exclude:
- Forum arguments. Posts by the leadership of a nation regarding in-game issues would be excluded from "forum arguments", as they are representing their nation.

Reasons for desiring a retaliation include:
- In-game messages (ex.: threatening messages from a larger nation)
- Actions against the smaller nation that would be considered unreasonable by a neutral third party (ex.: 3+ SAs, war attacks, aggressive spy ops, "excessive" failed spy ops)

If a reason exists then I would say that the nation should not be considered to be suiciding the other nation, it is instead defending itself.

::LD::GrimReapr
10-08-2008, 12:51
A suicider is someone who attacks and either severely harms or kills a state for reasons other than gaining position. Either through spite or a lack of respect for someone working hard on their state. Their actions are not designed to help anyone.

Exact same responce as Ranger

Famous_stars
10-22-2008, 14:50
so can anyone, in simple english explain what attacks must a suicider strike to be considered a suicider?

using spies? GA, AA, and such?

northbabylon
10-22-2008, 15:08
really any depends on how its used...AA's and spy ops i would say for the most part...but if they do their AA's they most likely follow up with AR's so you really get one with the other...

I think suiciding is when you intend on crippling another state with the use of spies, AR's or AA's. It is considered a suicide when its not used as a tactic. I.E. For a nation to win the set or, for you to gain top state position. If you hit a top state, just for "****s and giggles" then it is a suicide.

-Z-
10-22-2008, 16:57
Suicide:

Making attacks on a neutral state, for no apparent reason.

Making attacks on a top 10 state in order to lower its NW, or Land, and help yourself or Friend obtain a top rank.

Attacking a state or nation without reason.

If SOUND reason exists, it is not a suicide no matter how hopeless it may seem.

Z

Famous_stars
10-23-2008, 06:19
roger and out.