PDA

View Full Version : NW Patriot Act (Suicide / Cheater policy)

Mr President
10-10-2008, 21:01
For many sets now there has been a huge amount of outcry from the community about cheaters and suiciders. Both equally hard to deal with from a admin stand point. As easy as some may think solving these issues can be, i once again remind you, it's not!

Since the game came back, i have vowed to take on the suiciding issue. Each set i bring it up and continue to ask people to put forth ideas. Though none of the ideas are solid, they are good ones. And the way i look at it, we AT LEAST need a starting point to work from.

In past polls, the community felt that Admins should not be involved in the suiciding issue, and most believed it was part of the game.. Well it seems now that opinion has changed. And honestly, i can't sit here set after set and watch people getting suicided. So as popular or unpopular it may be, admins will now intervene with the suiciding issues.

First, the definition of what a suicide really is. And basically it's simple. Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain.

We can make it sound more fancier, but really, that is all it is. So now that we have defined it, it will now be against the rules to suicide.

Here is the admins part in all of this. Each suicide will be reviewed by both game admins. (myself & Tnova) and if both agree that is a sucicide then the suicider gets deleted and the suicided gets his/her state rolled back to the last backup they had. Unless he/she asks that it's not rolled back.

Open discussions about who should get there state back bla bla bla will be ignored if not deleted. All i want from people is either a PM or a simple post alerting us to who was suicided, and then we will look into this. If you seek a roll back you need to make a post in the Report Cheaters section of the forums. Anyplace else will be ignored.

Each case will be looked at closely. If it doesn't fit the definition, then nothing is done. Basically, it has to be a very clear that it was a suicide. Seeing Tnova and myself are active in the game, it's easier for us to keep track on who has vendettas against who, so if someone hits someone else in revenge, it's not a suicide.. It's a war! Also, it is advised that you don't cry wolf. If every week of every set you cry suicide, chances are your posts will be less important.. So please only report the ones you know are a suicide.

Also, as we move forward, things will be implemented to make it harder to suicide. I'll update this post as they are implemented.

If a member suicides often, they will be put on the three strike rule.. Read below for further details on the 3 strike rule.

-CHEATERS-

Well it's no secret that some of you seem to have made a career in cheating. And so far the worst that has happened is you lose your state. there is truly no way to 100% ban someone from the game due to proxies and other things, but we sure can make life harder for you. From this point on we are going by the 3 strike rule.

1st offense- Mistakes can happen. People may not know you can't have more then one account. I know i made 2 when i first started playing lol.. So each 1st offense case will be looked at closely. Punishment will be pink name in the forums and a stern warning.

2nd offense- Pink name in the forums, name added to the known terrorist list and your name will be highlited in pink on the socres sheet each time you play from the date of your second offense. No set time on when it will be removed. Guess it depends on you.

3rd offense- Your gone! See ya!

Your account will be banned along with anything else we can do to make sure you can't play. And though you may sneak back in, as soon as we find you, your gone again.. And we will keep doing this over and over. And trust me when i say, you will grow more tired of it long before we will.

These steps are by far the largest attempt we have taken to help control certain aspects of the game. I'm not a huge fan of an admin having his hands to much in the mix, but clearly something needs to be done. If perhaps things get more under control and cheating/suiciding levels decrease, then so will this patriot act.

This is only a starting point. As we grow and move forward, i am certain that changes will have to made to this act. But it's a starting point to work from.. And it's way over due..

Best thing to do is, not cheat or suicide.. :D

Hoebawt
10-10-2008, 21:39
Cheers i dotn agree with the real patriot act but this one here is good :)

Mr P u should consider putting punishments on Natinos that allow 2-3 time offenders into their nation that still break the law :)

-Z-
10-10-2008, 21:52
so...

what if someone is in his/her own nation...

Say.... 2 friends (for example me and hoe) decide that we have been wronged by a certain nation or State.

next set we make a nation with the soul intention of warring that state/nation when the time is right.

We do so.

What is this?

Can only large nations goto war now>?

Z

Will
10-10-2008, 21:54
If you have been wronged then you have reason to hit.

Mr President
10-10-2008, 22:01
so...

what if someone is in his/her own nation...

Say.... 2 friends (for example me and hoe) decide that we have been wronged by a certain nation or State.

next set we make a nation with the soul intention of warring that state/nation when the time is right.

We do so.

What is this?

Can only large nations goto war now>?

Z

if someone hits someone else in revenge, it's not a suicide.. It's a war!

Calvin74
10-10-2008, 22:05
pres i really like that you are taknig a stand but it will make it interesting to say the least how suiciding evolves over time in this game

since it would also seem like when a large nation hits a smaller nation for no real reason that could be deemed a suicide and then you would have to delete all members (for example and i have no way of knowing the reason behind it but when EE hit SLOB if there was no reason then would you delete all of EE?)

Green
10-10-2008, 22:08
Can I be the first person to be considered for a rollback?

Cause, I logged in and was asked to make a new state. I went :confused: irl.

Mr President
10-10-2008, 22:11
It's really not that hard to tell a suicide attack from a reg war. Right now the game is small and this is manageable. Pretty much each set it's the same people who suicide anyway, so this really isn't going to be difficult.

What this really does is add a lot more work for us.. Work neither Tnova or myself have the extra time for.. So this will cut into time already spent on the game. So that means slower implements.. :(

Suiciding hurts many areas of the game.. Not just states.

This is not something i really wanted to do. But it must be done. Our member base is small so suicides are highly noticeable. If we have 1,000 members, they won't stand out as much and this act would prob stop.

Green
10-10-2008, 22:16
It's really not that hard to tell a suicide attack from a reg war.

Killed without provocation doesn't count as suicide? :P

Divine Intervention
10-10-2008, 22:21
im all for stopping suicides and im glad that measures are being taken but i can't help that think that this will usher in an era of 100% infantry states...tbh reading this just made me understand that bit more why something earlier wasn't done. this is about as good as we can get with a solution yet there are still flaws..anyway..v.good to see things done and that admins are willing to take a stronger stance on the issues!

@ Green - SLOB is most likely all going to die with EE maybe losing 1-2 states. hardly suicide. just a BS war...but not suicide.

Kamran
10-10-2008, 22:22
i like this poilcy on suicides, the game is small so the game can benfit, but and i hope the game does grow then i would like to see the suicides as they are befoer teh policy is placed in just my 2 cents, as much as suicide is hated, its still part of the game.

Green
10-10-2008, 22:27
@ Green - SLOB is most likely all going to die with EE maybe losing 1-2 states. hardly suicide. just a BS war...but not suicide.

Ah, so it is like suiciding without the part where you die too.

If "BS wars" are ok. Then why isn't suiciding?

Divine Intervention
10-10-2008, 22:29
something that i would like to be seen done is to reveal the identity of suiciders...infact id want
this more than state rollback i think. id rather have them stripped of their privacy i.e. what nation
theyve played in b4 + their forum name, than have state rolled back.

rollback in case of cheating being cause for states demise. the reason i say this is because
by depriving suiciders of their privacy we give them something to lose. if they know that
theyll be revealed as suiciders and that their friends might suffer they wont do it. i know
you guys are all about "privacy" but this is much better way. this allows suicide but it
also allows for a retal...the thing missing most from the suicide situation. plus it will
allow players to continue playign with balanced states.

Mr President
10-11-2008, 00:22
For many sets now there has been a huge amount of outcry from the community about cheaters and suiciders. Both equally hard to deal with from a admin stand point. As easy as some may think solving these issues can be, i once again remind you, it's not!

Since the game came back, i have vowed to take on the suiciding issue. Each set i bring it up and continue to ask people to put forth ideas. Though none of the ideas are solid, they are good ones. And the way i look at it, we AT LEAST need a starting point to work from.

In past polls, the community felt that Admins should not be involved in the suiciding issue, and most believed it was part of the game.. Well it seems now that opinion has changed. And honestly, i can't sit here set after set and watch people getting suicided. So as popular or unpopular it may be, admins will now intervene with the suiciding issues.

First, the definition of what a suicide really is. And basically it's simple. Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain.

We can make it sound more fancier, but really, that is all it is. So now that we have defined it, it will now be against the rules to suicide.

Here is the admins part in all of this. Each suicide will be reviewed by both game admins. (myself & Tnova) and if both agree that is a sucicide then the suicider gets deleted and the suicided gets his/her state rolled back to the last backup they had. Unless he/she asks that it's not rolled back.

Open discussions about who should get there state back bla bla bla will be ignored if not deleted. All i want from people is either a PM or a simple post alerting us to who was suicided, and then we will look into this. If you seek a roll back you need to make a post in the Report Cheaters section of the forums. Anyplace else will be ignored.

Each case will be looked at closely. If it doesn't fit the definition, then nothing is done. Basically, it has to be a very clear that it was a suicide. Seeing Tnova and myself are active in the game, it's easier for us to keep track on who has vendettas against who, so if someone hits someone else in revenge, it's not a suicide.. It's a war! Also, it is advised that you don't cry wolf. If every week of every set you cry suicide, chances are your posts will be less important.. So please only report the ones you know are a suicide.

Also, as we move forward, things will be implemented to make it harder to suicide. I'll update this post as they are implemented.

If a member suicides often, they will be put on the three strike rule.. Read below for further details on the 3 strike rule.

-CHEATERS-

Well it's no secret that some of you seem to have made a career in cheating. And so far the worst that has happened is you lose your state. there is truly no way to 100% ban someone from the game due to proxies and other things, but we sure can make life harder for you. From this point on we are going by the 3 strike rule.

1st offense- Mistakes can happen. People may not know you can't have more then one account. I know i made 2 when i first started playing lol.. So each 1st offense case will be looked at closely. Punishment will be pink name in the forums and a stern warning.

2nd offense- Pink name in the forums, name added to the known terrorist list and your name will be highlited in pink on the scores sheet each time you play from the date of your second offense. No set time on when it will be removed. Guess it depends on you.

3rd offense- Your gone! See ya!

Your account will be banned along with anything else we can do to make sure you can't play. And though you may sneak back in, as soon as we find you, your gone again.. And we will keep doing this over and over. And trust me when i say, you will grow more tired of it long before we will.

These steps are by far the largest attempt we have taken to help control certain aspects of the game. I'm not a huge fan of an admin having his hands to much in the mix, but clearly something needs to be done. If perhaps things get more under control and cheating/suiciding levels decrease, then so will this patriot act.

This is only a starting point. As we grow and move forward, i am certain that changes will have to made to this act. But it's a starting point to work from.. And it's way over due..

Best thing to do is, not cheat or suicide.. :D

I already covered that.

Known Suiciders will be put on a known Terrorist listing.

Divine Intervention
10-11-2008, 00:49
in my defence it was 2.30 am when i posted that. then well done. very good solution from what i can see. just hope it doesn't alter game play too much.

Mr President
10-11-2008, 01:23
lol.. no problem.

Honestly, there will be little interference from admins so it won't change the game play that much. The only time we will do anything is when it's clearly a suicide.

Rassputtin
10-11-2008, 02:25
I don't want a rollback or anything, but you know who the two clowns are who suicided on [GRIM] in the beginning of the set and killed me 50 turns out of protection.

When does this take affect, did I wrong them, were they seeking revenge on me? If not, do they suicide often? If so are they arleady on strike one? Or does this just start as of now.

I mean basically you and Tnova are privy to privacy information that we/I am not. I'm just curious as to according to this new act, if the "action" taken against [GRIM] and myself would fall under suicide, or legitimate revenge attack?

Although I am not for Admin inteference, mainly because you shouldn't have to, I'm a bigger advocate for code change, it is good to see an initial step taken.

jameswheel
10-11-2008, 03:18
I am also curious about the suicide on me. Can I atleast know who is responsible, I mean while its clear its too late to be rolled back it would serve as a way for me to take it out on whomever is responsible.

Bram Gotink
10-11-2008, 11:17
what is it with you and skycat anyways?

You're nick refers to this as well...

No offence to those who think I'm wrong, but privacy is of the uttermost importance.
Unless he is in stage two, meaning that he's put on the terrorist list, no names should be revealed except if the suicider is the one to reveal it.
I get it that you're all pissed off about suiciders, but privacy is important (at least to me)
We don't have to have echelon/NSA stuff to make this game suicide-free.
In fact, the second privacy is violated, I'm leaving this game. Forever, that is.

...soul purpose...lol

-Z-
10-11-2008, 12:44
the list and deletion for sure is great... no problems there...

but rollbacks...

Now, has anyone heard of the butterfly effect?

Chaos Theory,

Concerning time and events.

Z

Mr President
10-11-2008, 14:42
what is it with you and skycat anyways?

You're nick refers to this as well...

No offence to those who think I'm wrong, but privacy is of the uttermost importance.
Unless he is in stage two, meaning that he's put on the terrorist list, no names should be revealed except if the suicider is the one to reveal it.
I get it that you're all pissed off about suiciders, but privacy is important (at least to me)
We don't have to have echelon/NSA stuff to make this game suicide-free.
In fact, the second privacy is violated, I'm leaving this game. Forever, that is.

lol

Couldn't agree with you more about the privacy issue. Which is why it has taken me so long to come to this point and implement this new act.

But here is the thing. The member who come here and play fair and enjoy themselves hugely outrank the ones who come here to screw off and ruin others fun and hard work. So why are the ones who screw off continually protected? By protecting them, they stay and the good ones leave.

I set up the 3 strike rule as a way to prevent needless bans and other things. Everyone makes mistakes. There really is no change in the game play. Only thing that has changed is, you can no longer just destroy someone cause you find it fun. This is in no way to protect the netters either. If you don't like the way a nation is doing things, by all means war them.

Like i said, we can put all sorts of fancy names and extra things to define a suicide, but we all know what it is. So why bother.

Each case will be closely looked at. Past history will play a part too. People are allowed to extract revenge without it being a suicide. And both Admins have to agree it's a suicide before anything can happen.

If someone suicides you, you will not be given the name of the person who did it. But if it's there 2nd offense, then there name is posted on the known terrorist list.. But you still won't know who did it. And with Known terrorist states having a pink background on the scores sheets, then that also points them out for all to know.

Basically what we are doing is kinda the same thing we did in the forums. We are making them stand out. Making them have to be known for what they have done. My hopes are that it makes them stop and play nice lol. if not and they keep at it, then they will be banned.

Max Logan
10-11-2008, 15:02
Bye, bye Ali and SkyCat

Xavior
10-11-2008, 15:14
The 100% infantry states are only a concern in pure netting sets. If there is only one nation willing to war that set, they will be really really unlucky.

MAGGIO
10-11-2008, 15:20
when you have things set up can you make a test account and mark them pink so we can see what it going to look like and also mark them on the terror list so we can see how that is going to work as well.

Divine Intervention
10-11-2008, 17:24
the list and deletion for sure is great... no problems there...

but rollbacks...

Now, has anyone heard of the butterfly effect?

Chaos Theory,

Concerning time and events.

Z

you were impressed by the film too :P? oh, and im realizing that the whole pink name on score sheets will make states pariahs...nation-leaders will have to be extra responsible for them because they can't just go: "oh, i thought he was a n00b, my mistake, plz understand etc etc".

:)

-Z-
10-11-2008, 18:02
you were impressed by the film too :P? oh, and im realizing that the whole pink name on score sheets will make states pariahs...nation-leaders will have to be extra responsible for them because they can't just go: "oh, i thought he was a n00b, my mistake, plz understand etc etc".

im still wondering...

if a state is suicided... and say for example: 2 other states, uninvolved, take advantage of the suicide, and do SA's, or anything else, things change.

when the roll back happens.... will u rollback the whole game?

otherwise it creates changes that ripple thru the game.

Z

MAGGIO
10-11-2008, 18:19
i would think that it would be a personal rollback, and a turn adjustment up to 300+100.

Crimson Shadow
10-11-2008, 18:54
Personally, I think rollbacks shouldn't be used. As others have stated there could be many other factors such as grabs, market sales, etc., that IMO would just over complicate the issue.

Green
10-11-2008, 19:49
How about no rollbacks. Instead, use superpowers + lookbacks.

See that state of the state before the suicide, use superadminpowers to put it back in that condition after the suicide.

Don't roll anything back, just give it back.

Mr President
10-11-2008, 23:28
Every hour all the states are backed up. So if a state is to get rolled back, it will be set to the very last backup that was made. The whole game would not be rolled back.

As for landgrabs, market sales ect ect, i'm not sure how this will work. Again, each case will be looked at closely. There may be times when just the suicider loses there state and nothing gets rolled back..

Like i stated. This is only a starting point. Will there be things that need to be improved in time? Yes, but at least we are trying to do something till coding changes can be made to be more of a suicide prevention.

Mr President
10-12-2008, 00:45
The Cheater/Terrorist listings has been completed.

Also, the pink marking for suiciders has also been completed. I have set myself as a suicider to give you all an example of how it stands out..

I have also updated the shortenings.

pron
10-12-2008, 01:15
1. I like the pink names--will everyone be given a clean slate starting this set/next? Or are you taking past actions into account?

2. Could you address this scenario for me--say for instance, LOR decides to war a 6 man nation for no real reason besides to war someone cause we're bored (would never happen right?), would we all be listed as suiciders?

3. Since war declaration currently requires 2 people, can a single person hit them as a vengeance thing w/o it being called suicide? So, say for instance, some set I hit Missionary because 6 sets ago he made me mad by backing out of an alliance or something--but instead of dragging my nation into it, I just hit him at the end of the set or something, by myself, with no nation declaring. Would I be considered a suicider at that point?

4. When you and Tnova review the situation, does the suicider get a chance to defend themselves?

Green
10-12-2008, 01:25
2. Could you address this scenario for me--say for instance, LOR decides to war a 6 man nation for no real reason besides to war someone cause we're bored (would never happen right?), would we all be listed as suiciders?

Hey, me and some friends are bored. Let's ruin some peoples' set.

Mr President
10-12-2008, 01:38
1. I like the pink names--will everyone be given a clean slate starting this set/next? Or are you taking past actions into account?

3. Since war declaration currently requires 2 people, can a single person hit them as a vengeance thing w/o it being called suicide? So, say for instance, some set I hit Missionary because 6 sets ago he made me mad by backing out of an alliance or something--but instead of dragging my nation into it, I just hit him at the end of the set or something, by myself, with no nation declaring. Would I be considered a suicider at that point?

4. When you and Tnova review the situation, does the suicider get a chance to defend themselves?

good questions.. Sadly in the fine print of the Patriot act, the admin does not need to explain himself.. thank you for your time..

lmao jk..

1) Right now i am testing things still. It's 99% done, but there are a couple more things i need to get done. This will be fully implemented next set and all slates are clean then. BUT, this doesn't mean it's an open ticket this set to suicide.

2) Wars will never be considered a suicide. I knew some people in here would try to break down every little thing and find loop holes in this act. So that is why i said, we all know what a real suicide is, so there is no point in trying to find fancy names or ways around it.

3) Next set we will be going back to the 4 members to make a nation work properly. Anyway, in my post i stated that revenge is legal and not considered a suicide.

4) Tnova and myself are very active in the game. We pretty much know what is going on all the time. But i think to be fair, a suicider should have the right to speak his peace. But i guess it depends on who it is that does it. If it's someone who does it all the time, then no i don't think we will even ask for there comments.. They have no respect for others, why should they get respect.

We don't want to keep wars from happening. Most wars happen out of anger or revenge. That is why i have stated that each case will be looked at closely to determine how it all went down.

Look, there is only a few people who continue to suicide each set. Most of us play the way it should and when that happens, there is no need for us to get involved. Basically, we are gunning for the ones who do it set after set.. And they know who they are.

I'm sure many will seek rollbacks over little things. And i'm sure ppl will cry suicide all the time and want roll backs or someones name in pink. That isn't going to happen. We don't want to punish those who follow the rules, but yet still seek the fun this game provides..

Raul
10-12-2008, 04:42
The member who come here and play fair and enjoy themselves hugely outrank the ones who come here to screw off and ruin others fun and hard work. So why are the ones who screw off continually protected? By protecting them, they stay and the good ones leave.

How is this different from EE screwing SLOBs set?? problem is each one has its own view of justice, and what is a suicide for someone it may not be for others. I think this act is BS and the definition of what a suicide is isnt quite right...Someone might suicide for strategical situation, like let a friend get top one etc etc. Killing others for fun??? many have warred just for fun, just because they have a 15 man nation it deosnt mean they can screw. IF this kinda of rules are comming up, you must also start deleting nations for warring other nations just for fun >_>

MAGGIO
10-12-2008, 08:38
Raul you are confused!

Crimson Shadow
10-12-2008, 09:03
That is a very very bright pink lol

Divine Intervention
10-12-2008, 09:09
Return the yellow lines!!!! where's my car, i mean, state, dude!?

MAGGIO
10-12-2008, 11:07
That is a very very bright pink lol

I think it is hella cool!

MAGGIO
10-12-2008, 11:08
Just let Mr P. and Tnova decide what is best in each situation. They got us this far, they wont let us down.

::LD::GrimReapr
10-12-2008, 12:55
Will destructive spy ops be considered a terrorist action since they can be prevented by having spies?

Divine Intervention
10-12-2008, 13:07
and TDN. and since TDN is not effective outside of war and if war is the only time when we can use them then i guess theres no need for TDN anymore :confused:

Bram Gotink
10-12-2008, 14:30
Return the yellow lines!!!! where's my car, i mean, state, dude!?

?Dude, where's the car? lol

I want the yellow lines back too, anyways... Took some time to find my state as well..
I don't like wasting time like that,
as time is money
and we live in an economical crisis

-Z-
10-12-2008, 16:52
?Dude, where's the car? lol

I want the yellow lines back too, anyways... Took some time to find my state as well..
I don't like wasting time like that,
as time is money
and we live in an economical crisis

LMAO

Z

Mr President
10-12-2008, 17:49
Yellow lines have been back for a few hours now..

Sorry, forgot to add them back in when i made the changes :p

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 09:06
whats the policy going to be on destructive spy ops? seeing as they can be prevented with a simple T

MAGGIO
10-14-2008, 10:09
whats the policy going to be on destructive spy ops? seeing as they can be prevented with a simple T

Test the waters if you want to see how cold they are.

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 10:35
Test the waters if you want to see how cold they are.

a clarification on the policy is what id prefer. stop being an aggressive *****. you do it to Rass in his SA script thread, you do it to me...jesus what crawled up your mangina and died?

MAGGIO
10-14-2008, 11:17
aggresive is what you are being towards mr p. I am his official ***** if you must know.

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 11:20
aggresive is what you are being towards mr p. I am his official ***** if you must know.

how am i being aggressive? i am asking a simple question. please show me how you would rephrase it?

"Dear Mr P (p.s :wub: you), whats the policy going to be on destructive spy ops? because atm they can be prevented by TDN...and TDN doesn't work in war...but if destructive spy ops count as suiciding is there any need for TDN now? p.s. i :wub::wub::wub: you"

like that? stop thinking the world is against you and reacting in a similar way.

its not being aggressive at all. you are though.

now just chill out and if you don't know the answer be quiet as i wait for Mr P to clarify this issue. kkthx :)
p.s. i have no reason to be aggressive to Mr P. he hasn't wronged me and has been quite helpful on a few
recent issues.

Green
10-14-2008, 11:26
how am i being aggressive? i am asking a simple question. please show me how you would rephrase it?

"Dear Mr P (p.s :wub: you), whats the policy going to be on destructive spy ops? because atm they can be prevented by TDN...and TDN doesn't work in war...but if destructive spy ops count as suiciding is there any need for TDN now? p.s. i :wub::wub::wub: you"

like that? stop thinking the world is against you and reacting in a similar way.

its not being aggressive at all. you are though.

I think this should be the format of all posts directed at Mr. P.

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 11:27
I think this should be the format of all posts directed at Mr. P.

maaaaaaaan i would but i confine that only to PMs where no one can see it. i don't want Raul and Hoebawt knowing that im cheating on them with their greatest enemy.

MAGGIO
10-14-2008, 12:01
bad day sorry

Green
10-14-2008, 12:05
Wait...Monday is over....

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 12:48
bad day sorry

its okay, we all have bad days (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCUALXA3mg) :friends:

Mr President
10-14-2008, 20:01
Spy attacks will be looked at in the same manner as other suicide attempts or acts.

So in a way you can say the TDN isn't really needed at this time, but don't write it off completely. Once the code has been changed to help prevent the suicides, then the TDN will still play it's roll.

Anton, i would like each post that is to me written in the same manner and tone as that last one.. And this includes PM's too.. :P

::LD::GrimReapr
10-16-2008, 23:10
I dont Agree with the spy op attacks being terroristic cause atleast they can be prevented by having spies and or TDN.Where as there is no way to stop a suicider from killing or maiming your state regardless of what unit or units you have.

Xavior
10-17-2008, 00:44
Well, you can't really do a lot of damage with spies unless your target has 0 spies.

DBozMen
10-17-2008, 14:02
I like the new frontpage :D

Mr President
10-17-2008, 14:12
Maggio made it.. did a nice job on it!

DBozMen
10-17-2008, 14:25
Maggio made it.. did a nice job on it!

Nice job, MAGGIO!

Divine Intervention
10-17-2008, 14:28
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9141/earthlg4.jpg

anyway, apart from the blatant Earth look i really like the NW Portal idea and those buttons on top right. i think it would look better if you (Maggio) perhaphs made like 1-2 lines worth of "space" (if you understand what im saying?) between the loggins bit and the bit on top and bellow. space it out a bit more. looks a bit cramped atm.

Bright
10-18-2008, 14:24
Its infantry or bust for most of the set starting next round.

If I get suicided I can always get rolled back. If I don't like the outcome of something, I'll arrange a 'suicide' and get my turns and state back. lol

-Z-
10-18-2008, 19:10
I am starting to find massive massive flaws in this rollback thing...

Im all for everything except the rollbacks.

if there was some way to prove... then fine...

But... example: (as bright said)

I am in rank #2, I want to SA #1 rank... I save my turns and build Jets, or w/e I think will allow me to get the SA, I do it all perfectly, and my calc says i can break, but I have a chance of looseing.

I SA, I get a defeat.

I call my buddy or relative in another town, country, state w/e, and say do me a fav. Suicide my state.

I get a rollback?

And I can try again or just Net and try again later in the set...?

I know its sinister... but people are ****ed.

I think no rollbacks is the best.

just deleete the state.

Z

FeaRLezZoN3
10-18-2008, 19:48
nice rule!

Hoebawt
10-19-2008, 18:35
I am starting to find massive massive flaws in this rollback thing...

Im all for everything except the rollbacks.

if there was some way to prove... then fine...

But... example: (as bright said)

I am in rank #2, I want to SA #1 rank... I save my turns and build Jets, or w/e I think will allow me to get the SA, I do it all perfectly, and my calc says i can break, but I have a chance of looseing.

I SA, I get a defeat.

I call my buddy or relative in another town, country, state w/e, and say do me a fav. Suicide my state.

I get a rollback?

And I can try again or just Net and try again later in the set...?

I know its sinister... but people are ****ed.

I think no rollbacks is the best.

just deleete the state.

Z

You would just be rolled back to after the SA fool

MAGGIO
10-19-2008, 18:37
i think he said rollback sometimes didnt he? Not everytime?

Mr President
10-19-2008, 18:49
You would just be rolled back to after the SA fool

lol..

IF and i say IF a roll back does happen, your state gets rolled back to the last backup right before the suicide. Backups are done every hour.

I guess i need to really make this whole roll back things more clear.. It is NOT going to happen as often as you think it will. In fact i wouldn't even bet on them happening to many times.. Basically it is an option that the admins have if they choose to use it. I know some of you are going to be sending messages requesting them, but it's a slim chance you'll get it..

When a suicide happens, we will look closely into things. if it is 100% clear that it's a suicide then you have a shot at getting a roll back.. This will not be used for anyone's advantage..

We have set up the terrorist listing, the colored name for the terrorist state, and the deletion of the suiciding state.. This alone should help prevent some cases.. It's all fun when nobody knew who you were, but now that everyone can see who it was, well it might not be as fun.

And AGAIN let me say, this is just a starting point. It's not perfect but as we move forward we will get a better understanding of things.. Maybe we drop the roll backs, maybe we increase them. Maybe we come up with something different.. Who knows.. All this is a starting point..

Crimson Shadow
10-19-2008, 18:50
I too am very strongly against rollbacks. A person can only suicide 3 times until they are banned forever, so I dont think we need rollbacks.

EDIT: Mr P beat me to the post button :(

unknown_punisheR
10-21-2008, 09:53
when you said suicide is

"Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain."

does this mean if i have a logical or stratigical gain from doing the act, it would not be considered a suicide? ^_^

MAGGIO
10-21-2008, 10:55
I dont think you guys are even seeing the point of mentioning a possible rollback. It may or may not happen. Why would he say that...please think about it really hard.

Disorder
10-21-2008, 19:48
when you said suicide is

"Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain."

does this mean if i have a logical or stratigical gain from doing the act, it would not be considered a suicide? ^_^

What if the person you kill does not think it is logical or a stratigical gain and you went though with the kill... ouch!!

tippysmurf
10-21-2008, 21:52
what if you don't kill them just you know... rape them for all resources and land? i'm not sure how the game works for sure yet will just told me it's just like WoW.

Mr President
10-21-2008, 22:18
Tippy this game is the old WoW game.. There has been some changes to the looks of the game and the name is different but the actual game play is the same.

These forums are not the old WoW forums. They are just like them, but not the old WoW ones..

Basically everything was started new, but the game itself is the same.. :)

-Z-
10-22-2008, 15:49
I dont think you guys are even seeing the point of mentioning a possible rollback. It may or may not happen. Why would he say that...please think about it really hard.

but it hurts my head Maggio...

Z