PDA

View Full Version : Election day in Canada!

-Z-
10-14-2008, 14:05
I will be off to Vote soon,

New Democratic Party for me.

Z

Divine Intervention
10-14-2008, 14:14
hmmm dunno who id vote for if i was in Canada...the following all look really appealing:

Link (http://www.marijuanaparty.ca/index.en.php3); Link (http://www.mlpc.ca/index.html); Link (http://www.neorhino.ca/); Link (http://www.worklessparty.org/).

but seriously. what a joke. its worse than all those joke parties in Russia.

-Z-
10-14-2008, 14:36
I take offense to your criticism of our Politics.

This is not the US!

Indeed we have many independent parties, which might never gain control, but they serve to create a base for future possible powerhouses, and to influence other parties (financial, and business lobbying is heavily restricted here).

Our major Parties are as follows:

NDP - New Democratic Party (historically 5-25% of vote)

Liberals - (its up in the air, anywhere from 20%-60%)

Conservative - (its up in the air as well, historically 20%-50%, although the Conservative party has not been around for long, it formed when the Reform party merged the PC - Progressive conservative party)

Bloc Quebequios (sp?) - The French wing (historically 5%-20% of the vote)

then there is the new up and coming:

Green Party - had their seat at the debate this year for the 1st time. Historically 1-5%, this year they are looking good for upwords of 5%

So thoese are the main parties, sorry if it is too much options for you Anton!

or not predictable enuf!

Canada Runs quite smoothly, and when people **** up they get voted out quickly.

Z

ranger2112
10-14-2008, 14:38
Canadian elections, that is soooo cute.

Green
10-14-2008, 14:45
I take offense to your criticism of our Politics.

This is a joke, right? I sometimes have trouble with written sarcasm.

-Z-
10-14-2008, 15:24
This is a joke, right? I sometimes have trouble with written sarcasm.

LOL, no.

Canada has good politics.

we are not the US.

just read the thread.

we have more than 2 parties.

no entire party is trough and through corrupt because when that happens the party looses votes and then may not regain control for decades.

Z

Green
10-14-2008, 15:28
we have more than 2 parties.

There are more.

Just because they really don't count...doesn't mean they aren't there. :P

-Z-
10-14-2008, 17:37
Canadian elections, that is soooo cute.

You wont think its so Cute when we cut you from our Bacon and Maple syrup!

Z

Xavior
10-14-2008, 19:22
I will be off to Vote soon,

New Democratic Party for me.

Z

Good job wasting your vote and handing Stephen Harper another mandate. When will people ever learn? "We hate the Conservatives so we're going to vote NDP and Green, parties which will NEVER form the government in the near future."

Not that I have a problem with the Conservatives. I only dislike Harper.

Xavior
10-14-2008, 22:47
CON - 142
LIB - 78
BQ - 47
NDP - 33
OTH - 3

So far. The Liberals can't take the Praries or BC/Alberta. In my local ridings of Prince George - Peace River, and Caribou - Prince George, the Conservative candidates have been elected since the 1990's. And once again, win with 70% of the vote. Silly Liberals :)

Good showing by the NDP however, i really like Jack Layton.

Shabaz K
10-14-2008, 23:03
its still minorty thats all it matters ;)

liberals now need to choose a leader and next election will win it, my ppridictions never go wrong;)

-Z-
10-14-2008, 23:04
Good job wasting your vote and handing Stephen Harper another mandate. When will people ever learn? "We hate the Conservatives so we're going to vote NDP and Green, parties which will NEVER form the government in the near future."

Not that I have a problem with the Conservatives. I only dislike Harper.

wasting my vote?

are u aware that each vote cast for a party gets that party 2$ in funding for the next campaign.

NDP did gain some seats, not alot, liberals lost a bit, but not as much as some thought they would.

the Con men gained a bit, not as much as they had hoped.

rather boring, but I am glad the NDP gained.

Green has no seats still but its vote has increased from 4% to 7% which is great, because they get alot more funding next time.

Z

Green
10-14-2008, 23:06
Green has no seats still but its vote has increased from 4% to 7% which is great, because they get alot more funding next time.

I have no seat because I am not Canadian.

Xavior
10-14-2008, 23:09
wasting my vote?

are u aware that each vote cast for a party gets that party 2$ in funding for the next campaign.

NDP did gain some seats, not alot, liberals lost a bit, but not as much as some thought they would.

the Con men gained a bit, not as much as they had hoped.

rather boring, but I am glad the NDP gained.

Z

Oh, I'm aware you can vote for whomever you wish for and for whatever reason. Just don't make any threads complaining about this new Conservative government and I'll be fine.

Because a split left = Conservative government. You of all people should know this.

Shabaz K
10-14-2008, 23:10
Oh, I'm aware you can vote for whomever you wish for and for whatever reason. Just don't make any threads complaining about this new Conservative government and I'll be fine.

Because a split left = Conservative government. You of all people should know this.

actually im beginning to belive ina NDP opposition in the near future

and like i said, a change is needed within lib. and next election will be libs.

Xavior
10-14-2008, 23:10
its still minorty thats all it matters ;)

liberals now need to choose a leader and next election will win it, my ppridictions never go wrong;)

A very strong minority. If Harper could have gained in Quebec, it would easily have been a majority.

Xavior
10-14-2008, 23:12
actually im beginning to belive ina NDP opposition in the near future

and like i said, a change is needed within lib. and next election will be libs.

It does not matter who the opposition party is, because it will still be a Conservative government.

There are 4 left wing parties. 1 right wing party. Think about it.

Actually, I would support the Liberals if they elected Justin Trudeau as their leader. And if he shifted the Liberal policies to the right a little :p

-Z-
10-15-2008, 00:23
I dont have anything against the Conservatives really...

none of the major parties in Canada are anywhere as corrupt as the 2 in america.

Canada is an awsome country,

And we voted to basically keep it the same. NDP gained a few, lib lost a few, and con gained a few.

no major changes.

We could almost go for beign a bit more conservative considering the things we face in the near future, (I am liberal)

I do feel that in the next election NDP will grow to be competitive with the # of seats we see in Con and Lib. and im surprised that green didnt get a seat! they had 8% of the vote!

We should switch to popular vote!

Conservatives got 47% of the votes in my area, but got 75% of my seats.

I am glad NDP gained.

BQ dropped a bit too

Z

-Z-
10-15-2008, 00:29
It does not matter who the opposition party is, because it will still be a Conservative government.

Actually, I would support the Liberals if they elected Justin Trudeau as their leader. And if he shifted the Liberal policies to the right a little :p

Xav, Im not sure its quite that clear cut.

By what u said then that measn that the Left wingers won the day.

Cuz the Right wing party (conservatives) got less than half the vote. which means that the Left wing parties combined have a majority, if they choose to combine.

But u see the left wingers are not all left wingers to the same degree. So they wont team up in many cases.

Z

jameswheel
10-15-2008, 02:18
I am really disappointed a bunch of money spent and no change.

Divine Intervention
10-15-2008, 06:26
if i was canadian i think id vote conservative. from reading this thread they seem like real winnars. nothing can stop them.

CommunistCapitalism
10-15-2008, 06:43
follow an election that matters, go McCain

Shabaz K
10-15-2008, 20:24

i know i was just pisssed someone i knew lost in there riding :)

yeah that would be noce to see another trudeau, won his riding

Shabaz K
10-15-2008, 20:25
if i was canadian i think id vote conservative. from reading this thread they seem like real winnars. nothing can stop them.

actually Canada is aliberal country, the cons. are there for the libs. to get there acts togather