PDA

View Full Version : Iran's Leader Faces Protests in New York

Mr President
09-24-2007, 15:51
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks Monday at Columbia University in New York. His visit to the campus drew criticism and protests.

Do you all think he had the right to speak there?

ranger2112
09-24-2007, 17:27
I dont see a reason why not. Sure there are tensions with their nuclear program, however having him speak there is really the school's business.

ooga booga
09-25-2007, 00:06
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks Monday at Columbia University in New York. His visit to the campus drew criticism and protests.

Do you all think he had the right to speak there?

Instead of speaking to a freaking university, why doesn't he start speaking to our freaking government and easing some of the tension that's built up instead. The stupid git. :glare:

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 00:23
or he could just push a few buttons and we could show him the nuclear arsenal that we got rid of in the 1980's... you know the one that was vastly improved upon to approximately 8,000X the size of the payload delivered in Nagasaki back in 1945

Acetriad
09-25-2007, 06:20
Technically, since he is not an American citicsen, he does not enjoy our contsitutional rights (free speech) However, since we allowed him here, we should stand by our own standards and allow him that right. We may not agree with what he says, but, since when has anyone with any sense agreed with what a politian said?

Missionary
09-25-2007, 07:34
Instead of speaking to a freaking university, why doesn't he start speaking to our freaking government and easing some of the tension that's built up instead. The stupid git. :glare:

i would rather talk to students than the american government any day of the week.

Mr President
09-25-2007, 09:55

It's not him that won't speak to us, it is our govt that won't speak to him..

Shabaz K
09-27-2007, 23:31
props on that Big P

Hamlet
09-28-2007, 02:54
He was allowed to enter the US, so he should be allowed to speak. Free speech is a basic human right, and the only way to prevent future conflicts is to engage in dialog. Hence, Mr. Bush should invite him to a cup of tea at the White House to talk about the contested issues.

ranger2112
09-28-2007, 10:26
all the world leaders should get together, pass a bong and then talk about peace(with lots of doritos) and there would be peace everlasting. ( I mean that too)

Missionary
09-28-2007, 14:30
has someone been watching ali g movie? lmao.

Mr President
09-28-2007, 14:50
all the world leaders should get together, pass a bong and then talk about peace(with lots of doritos) and there would be peace everlasting. ( I mean that too)

lol actually i think them smoking a bong is the problem.. Perhaps if there
brain cells were a little clearer and some people would get off there
high horse and think of there people instead of themselves, then we
would make some progress..