PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

esco
10-20-2008, 15:16
Has anyone else thought it was funny how the "liberal elites" who come mostly from city areas are the majority of the anti-war movement and the conservatives who come mostly from "small town America" are the ones who speak about protecting America and are pro-war but in the end the big cities are the first to be targeted? It's always been in the back of my mind but I don't ever think anyone has mentioned anything about that. Just wanted to know what you might think of that strange contradiction I guess you could say.

MAGGIO
10-20-2008, 15:57
i think that is a pretty good point.

would i be assuming to say that big city = dem, and small towns = rep?

esco
10-20-2008, 16:08
For the most part yea.

Crimson Shadow
10-20-2008, 18:31
would i be assuming to say that big city = dem, and small towns = rep?

Seems to be the case for the most part. Rep always takes the midwestern smaller states and Dems always take the bigger, more populated states. Around here where I live there are a bunch of small towns (under 50,000) and all vote republican almost every time. The only place that votes Democrat is a city with pop over 100,000.

Xavior
10-20-2008, 18:50
That is also true for Canada. The Conservative party cannot win one riding of any major cosmopolitan area in the country (Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto), while they win almost ALL of Alberta, Saskatchewan and some of Manitoba (the prairies).

Cape
10-21-2008, 10:48
simple

liberal = progressive, or socially disadvantaged/minority, atheist

conservative = religiously diluted, socially advantaged, anti-progressive

The cities tend to be more diverse, so people actually have to interact with different people other then there own small social groups and have a better understanding of the world and it's people. Coming from a small town myself I know that people have less interaction with "outsiders" and tend to be more anti-change and guarded, trying to protect there own little world.

Just remember this, a well known saying is that when fascism comes to the USA it will come bearing a cross and wearing a flag, beware!

-Z-
10-21-2008, 13:32
simple

liberal = progressive, or socially disadvantaged/minority, atheist

conservative = religiously diluted, socially advantaged, anti-progressive

The cities tend to be more diverse, so people actually have to interact with different people other then there own small social groups and have a better understanding of the world and it's people. Coming from a small town myself I know that people have less interaction with "outsiders" and tend to be more anti-change and guarded, trying to protect there own little world.

Just remember this, a well known saying is that when fascism comes to the USA it will come bearing a cross and wearing a flag, beware!

Fascism came to the US some 8 years ago Cape.

I'm sure you have been paying attention to the laws passed there over the past 8 years... or should I list some?

Z

tippysmurf
10-21-2008, 20:42
no no go ahead and list them. oh and if any of your foreigners are in the states be sure to make long calls from pay phones saying the word bomb while calling anywhere in africa/the middle east.