PDA

View Full Version : US Military

-Z-
10-26-2008, 16:36
(CNN) -- The U.S. military said it is investigating claims from Syria that U.S. helicopters based in Iraq killed eight people and wounded another Sunday in an attack inside Syria's territory Sunday.

Syria's state news agency SANA said four U.S. helicopters crossed the border and struck a farm about 5 miles inside Syria before returning to Iraqi airspace.

The raid occurred about 4:45 p.m. The helicopters hit a civilian building under construction on the farm, killing three men, the wife of a guard and four children, SANA said.
Don't Miss

* Syria to establish diplomatic ties with Lebanon

Military officials are investigating the claims, Sgt. Brooke Murphy, a U.S. military spokeswoman, told CNN.

"Unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything at the moment," she said.

The attack occurred near the town of Al-Bukamal, which is home to a Red Crescent camp for Iraqi refugees.

The town is across the border from the Iraqi city of Qaim, which has been a major route for Sunni Arab fighters battling U.S. troops in Iraq.

Syria demanded Iraq's government "immediately investigate this serious violation" and bar U.S. forces from striking Syria from its territory. The Syrian government summoned U.S. and Iraqi diplomats to the Foreign Ministry in Damascus to condemn the attack, SANA reported.

Maybe I should hate USA.

WTF!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/10/26/syria.iraq/index.html

Z

Max Logan
10-26-2008, 16:50
I don`t understand your confusion...it`s a trend to blame it all on US nowdays.

If a gas pipe exploded next doors, I`d say CIA bombed them, cuz my neighbour said that USA sucks

:glare:

-Z-
10-26-2008, 17:03
I don`t understand your confusion...it`s a trend to blame it all on US nowdays.

If a gas pipe exploded next doors, I`d say CIA bombed them, cuz my neighbour said that USA sucks

:glare:

I'm not confused about too much.

And none of those words are mine, save the footnotes.

Z

Max Logan
10-26-2008, 17:14
It lacks certain...evidence. Its all claims.

Jesus said God exists. Doesn`t make him right, duh!

Disorder
10-26-2008, 17:30
Is what im sure CNN just happened to FORGET to report, was that the wife probably had a bomb strapped to her..

Z these post are getting rediculous!

Green
10-26-2008, 18:27
It lacks certain...evidence. Its all claims.

Jesus said God exists. Doesn`t make him right, duh!

Jesus was God. Therefore you are saying I am wrong when I tell you I exist. :P

((Iraqi's kill Iraqi children often too but how many times do we hear about that?))

-Z-
10-26-2008, 19:29
Is what im sure CNN just happened to FORGET to report, was that the wife probably had a bomb strapped to her..

Z these post are getting rediculous!

mmm Clearly you did not read the words.

This was in Syria, far from any US bases.

the US crossed over to Syria in AIR, and killed the kids.

Z

Hoebawt
10-26-2008, 19:43
is wat they are saying might not be wat exactly happened

Disorder
10-26-2008, 20:38

Z

Z-- to many American bashing post, Republican bashing post, All anyone has to do is read the first two sentences to know what mood your in and what direction the new thread is pointed.

Besides that... you say you have no beef with America, and you have all this time to study and worry what we do south of your border, you should know that the American people do not go around killing women and kids. Now the Democrats support ABORTION. Thats about the closest you can get to intentionally killing kids.

kingmyth
10-26-2008, 20:44
I seriously doubt that report is accurate the us doesn't just conduct cross border raids on civilian targets. In all probability we got fed up with the Syrians and decided to catch them red handed helping foreign fighters enter iraq.

Blackwater
10-26-2008, 20:50
Nice title Z...nothing new there. Stop with all the stories about USA and focus on your own country. Sounds like you have penis envy >_>

Green
10-26-2008, 22:57
Nice title Z...nothing new there. Stop with all the stories about USA and focus on your own country. Sounds like you have penis envy >_>

When I used the jealousy word it didn't go over well.

Let's see what happens when you say it!

Aaaaand go!:thumbup:

Max Logan
10-26-2008, 23:58

Z

So basicly a USA helicopter just managed, without any obstacles to cross Syrias boarder, get where he desired to get, and bomb the hell out of it and nothing could stop him?

Last I heard Syria had a military.

This claims is BS lol

Max Logan
10-26-2008, 23:58
Jesus was God. Therefore you are saying I am wrong when I tell you I exist. :P

((Iraqi's kill Iraqi children often too but how many times do we hear about that?))

eeeeh, no

MAGGIO
10-27-2008, 08:24
NPR reports this morning that...

1 child died
they did find weapons on the attack site.

Blackwater
10-27-2008, 10:16
NPR reports this morning that...

1 child died
they did find weapons on the attack site.

what's new? they always use civilians and mosques to store/protect weapons and ammunition. then when we do something about it and civilians get hurt/die they use it as propaganda which certain people believe easily, such as Z instead of doing some practical thinking ;)

Disorder
10-27-2008, 10:26
what's new? they always use civilians and mosques to store/protect weapons and ammunition. then when we do something about it and civilians get hurt/die they use it as propaganda which certain people believe easily, such as Z instead of doing some practical thinking ;)

Right-- good rep for this post.

Disorder
10-27-2008, 11:09
now the news breaks..

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

The assault, which took place about 4-5 miles inside Syria, came just days after the commander of U.S. forces in western Iraq said American troops were redoubling efforts to secure the border, which he called an "uncontrolled" gateway for fighters entering Iraq.

**Lets think back when our past Glorious President Bill Clinton (DEMOCRAT) had an Al Qaeda leader in their cross hairs... who was it.. Does the name Bin Laden ring a bell? What else rings a bell? Was it the fact that our president at the time was too busy getting a BJ in the oval office to make that important decision to take the shot. Thanks Democrats, that could have saved the Trade Towers and this costly war in Iraq!**

Will
10-27-2008, 11:22
Or someone else would have stepped up, Bin Laden would be considered a Martyr and 9/11 would still have happened.

esco
10-27-2008, 12:21
This $hit is really annoying me...

We "liberals" don't enjoy abortions or wish everyone was doing it... we're not some strange pagan tribe one step from being cannibals... We're not the ones that want to speed up world destruction because their impatient for Judgment Day to arrive... We're not the ones asking for more war and asking for less taxes while the USA is in massive debt... while the Palin manics are obessed with Obama's past associations and ignoring her own connections to a witch doctor and her husband's membership to a secessionist party... who peddle fear and hatred and are the first to throw in the anti american/unpatriotic/not real america bull$**** and wouldn't mind a witch hunt (McCarty would be proud)...blame clinton and the democrats for the last 20 years when Republicans have just as much or even more of the blame to be accountable since democrats have only had control of Congress the last 2 years and before that it was Republican controlled for years... Republicans were more busy winning elections instead of pushing Clinton to kill Osama Bin Laden....I call BULL$hit that "we city folk" don't care about winning the war terror or catching bin laden BECAUSE WE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL GET KILLED NOT SOME PPL MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR GUN RIGHTS AND GAY MARRIAGE THAN THE FUTURE OF AMERICA... when Osama and his company of b*tches begin targeting Wasila or some mormon town in Utah then maybe the conservative base can share their war strategies with the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNoN403tXU4

O btw I'm actually a left leaning moderate from NJ which I guess that qualifies me as a Fake American according to Palin and her faithful sheep.

Max Logan
10-27-2008, 12:35
Or someone else would have stepped up, Bin Laden would be considered a Martyr and 9/11 would still have happened.

what he said!

thus making US the bad boys in the first place

Will
10-27-2008, 12:37
On top of that the planning for 9/11 wasn't done by Bin Laden, so killing him would have had little impact. He almost certainly made provisions to ensure his money would be given to Al Qaeida if he died.

pron
10-27-2008, 12:48
The raid occurred about 4:45 p.m. The helicopters hit a civilian building under construction on the farm, killing three men, the wife of a guard and four children, SANA said.

It's terrible when a child dies Z, everyone knows that. But three things for ya--

1. This report was done by SANA, the syrian state news agency. I seem to remember the Syrian state being none too happy with USA and Israel. What makes you think their report is unbiased and complete truth?

2. If you care so much about kids and them dying, why no posts about the hunger that is ravaging the African continent, or the AIDS epidemic that kills far more kids than the US military ever will? Why not instill the truth about those things in us, instead of concentrating on what American government does?

3. I don't like this line of argumentation, but I think it's necessary for a paradigm shift in you. This leader that was killed was sending foreign fighters into Iraq to bomb the marketplaces and terrorize not only American troops but Iraqi citizens. How many children would his actions have killed? How many good people would have died due to his actions?

Disorder
10-27-2008, 13:36
On top of that the planning for 9/11 wasn't done by Bin Laden, so killing him would have had little impact. He almost certainly made provisions to ensure his money would be given to Al Qaeida if he died.

Well who was it, the Republicans?

esco
10-27-2008, 13:37
Thanks for ignoring my post

Disorder
10-27-2008, 13:45
This $hit is really annoying me...

We "liberals" don't enjoy abortions or wish everyone was doing it... we're not some strange pagan tribe one step from being cannibals... We're not the ones that want to speed up world destruction because their impatient for Judgment Day to arrive... We're not the ones asking for more war and asking for less taxes while the USA is in massive debt... while the Palin manics are obessed with Obama's past associations and ignoring her own connections to a witch doctor and her husband's membership to a secessionist party... who peddle fear and hatred and are the first to throw in the anti american/unpatriotic/not real america bull$**** and wouldn't mind a witch hunt (McCarty would be proud)...blame clinton and the democrats for the last 20 years when Republicans have just as much or even more of the blame to be accountable since democrats have only had control of Congress the last 2 years and before that it was Republican controlled for years... Republicans were more busy winning elections instead of pushing Clinton to kill Osama Bin Laden....I call BULL$hit that "we city folk" don't care about winning the war terror or catching bin laden BECAUSE WE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL GET KILLED NOT SOME PPL MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR GUN RIGHTS AND GAY MARRIAGE THAN THE FUTURE OF AMERICA... when Osama and his company of b*tches begin targeting Wasila or some mormon town in Utah then maybe the conservative base can share their war strategies with the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNoN403tXU4

O btw I'm actually a left leaning moderate from NJ which I guess that qualifies me as a Fake American according to Palin and her faithful sheep.

I gather that you, like all other Democtats, think that the Republicans are out just for war. Let me tell you, no one wants war. The wars we are currently fighting, we are fighting them on their turf to prevent them from coming to our turf. WHAT ELSE SHOULD WE DO? I get the impression that the Dems would rather sweep the incident of the attacks on America under the rug, forget defending our country, and forget it even happened. Whats your take on that?

Green
10-27-2008, 13:51
2. If you care so much about kids and them dying, why no posts about the hunger that is ravaging the African continent, or the AIDS epidemic that kills far more kids than the US military ever will? Why not instill the truth about those things in us, instead of concentrating on what American government does?

Great, now Z is going to start blaming the US on the aids epidemic and the starvation in Africa.

Disorder
10-27-2008, 13:58
Great, now Z is going to start blaming the US on the aids epidemic and the starvation in Africa.

lollollol

MAGGIO
10-27-2008, 14:02
yah black i was just saying it was only one, not four...one is enough but its still not four. If it was a legit target which it seems to be than so be it.

they say that they have the militants that cross the border to fight down to a few dozen a month, not but the ones that get in have alot of money to fund the rest etc... Apparently Syria was not doing their part in stopping this insurgency. According the the Iraqi Gov.

esco
10-27-2008, 14:18
Did you read my entire post or just cherry pick words fox style? A simple summary of what I said was:

It was everyone's fault, republicans more so than the democrats because they controlled congress since the 90's except the last two. Like Clinton said the same people saying it was his fault were the same one's saying he was to obsessed with Bin Laden during his tenure while they led the mob to hang him for getting that blow***. That would also include this entire economic meltdown since Congress are more responsible for the economy than the president. The Republicans are extremely absurd sometimes and that is why "us liberals" get so mad about.

Conservatives against g@ys...yet republicans and megachurch pastors are revealed to be closet cases, "poor them, forgive them they had the devil in them"
Conservatives against pre martial sex and abstinence only...yet Sara Palin's teen daughter is knocked up, "poor girl, leave her alone, she's doing the right thing"
Conservatives making a fuss about Obama and his past associations...yet Sara Palin's husband was a member of a secessionist party.
Conservatives making a fuss about Obama's experience...yet Sara Palin is qualified in their eyes
Conservatives suddenly love McCain...yet they hated him only a few years ago for being too liberal
Conservatives alluding that Obama's foreign, strange, possibly a muslim...yet deny it and allow it to continue. Not to mention having an entire corporation to reinforce those ideas.

Once the Republican party becomes respectable sometime this century then I'll consider. Until then Democrats or another party will be getting my vote for now.

Will
10-27-2008, 14:24
Well who was it, the Republicans?

I'll look it up, got a book on Al-Qaeida and Bin Laden, written by a guy who met him.

Disorder
10-27-2008, 14:28
As you know, all of your examples can easily be turned around the other way.

Its all a matter of personal prefrence. I respect your vote going to the Dem's, however, they will not et my vote with Obama leading the ticket. Maybe they would get my vote if Colin Powel was on the top of the ticket. But Obama lacks expereance to be President just as well Palin lacks it to be Vice. But, in my opinion, with Palins inexperiance, she will make better decisions and adapt to her new job much better than Obama will.

esco
10-27-2008, 14:44
Since when has being educated and intelligent not been enough to qualify as president?
The lady could be ready maybe by the next election when she starts reading but at the moment she is so unqualified that it just amazes most people to the extent the loyalty the republican party has for their own.
There are plenty of republicans including Powell that are supporting Obama and saying Palin being picked was a bad decision and that she is not ready.

I personally don't think experience is very important since both Lincoln and JFK had little of it and are still considered the greatest presidents ever.

And Please show me how the examples I put forward can be reversed without being as a result of liberals just throwing it back at conservatives and saying "See you were wrong" or accusing them of being hypocrites.

Disorder
10-27-2008, 14:59
Since when has being educated and intelligent not been enough to qualify as president?
The lady could be ready maybe by the next election when she starts reading but at the moment she is so unqualified that it just amazes most people to the extent the loyalty the republican party has for their own.
There are plenty of republicans including Powell that are supporting Obama and saying Palin being picked was a bad decision and that she is not ready.

I personally don't think experience is very important since both Lincoln and JFK had little of it and are still considered the greatest presidents ever.

And Please show me how the examples I put forward can be reversed without being as a result of liberals just throwing it back at conservatives and saying "See you were wrong" or accusing them of being hypocrites.

Lets try to post something that has not been posted already.. like proof of Obama's Nationalism...

esco
10-27-2008, 15:04
What?

How about you put up facts instead of suspicions. Paranoia tends to lead to witch hunts.

Will
Nationalism? none of the current batch of candidates are "nationalist" in any credible way. The best known US politician I can think of who would qualify is Patrick Buchanan.

-Z-
now the news breaks..

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

The assault, which took place about 4-5 miles inside Syria, came just days after the commander of U.S. forces in western Iraq said American troops were redoubling efforts to secure the border, which he called an "uncontrolled" gateway for fighters entering Iraq.

**Lets think back when our past Glorious President Bill Clinton (DEMOCRAT) had an Al Qaeda leader in their cross hairs... who was it.. Does the name Bin Laden ring a bell? What else rings a bell? Was it the fact that our president at the time was too busy getting a BJ in the oval office to make that important decision to take the shot. Thanks Democrats, that could have saved the Trade Towers and this costly war in Iraq!**

Fox news?

LMAO

I didnt realize they were still considered a new source... I thought that fox news had just gone satire these days...

Thinking way back... remembering when Bush the 1st gave Binladen billions in american tax dollars.

Z

esco
10-27-2008, 15:12
Fox News doesn't even hide their extreme bias anymore. Hannity had 2 specials dedicated to linking Obama as a radical terrorist. Then when he interviewed Palin he was giggling like a schoolgirl and spoon feeding her questions. Bill O'Reilly even has respect for Obama after he interviewed him. But the questions and tone were night and day.

Disorder
10-27-2008, 15:34
The news media is definatly bias..

Max Logan
10-27-2008, 15:58
Fox news?

LMAO

I didnt realize they were still considered a new source... I thought that fox news had just gone satire these days...

Thinking way back... remembering when Bush the 1st gave Binladen billions in american tax dollars.

Z

SANA...rings anything?

I bet only Canadian news channels are unbiased!

How about SANA ignoring fact that Syrian government finances terrorism against Israel and Iraq? Protecting them. Letting them act as they please. No thats not important, cuz it makes USA look good. Pffft

Blackwater
10-27-2008, 20:08
Fox news?

LMAO

Z

And how did Bush1 give Binladen billions in tax dollars?

Green
10-27-2008, 20:39

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan

That's the best I can come up with. Although it seems to be before HW took ofice. /shrug

Disorder
10-27-2008, 21:41
Fox news?

LMAO

Z

Wrong.... we looked.. nothing found.. where is this info coming from?

esco
10-27-2008, 21:44
He was Reagen's VP from 1981-1989 then became President 1989-1993

Max Logan
10-27-2008, 23:49

he did actually ;)