PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Oil Discovery

esco
10-29-2008, 09:40
Awesome, that country needs money and it seems that American politicians are already asking to exempt at least oil companies from the embargo. Imo an exemption for only oil companies is stupid since it allows foreign nations to get in first and with the new oil wealth the Castro government won't be going anywhere yet. It's time the American government drops their grudge and get friendly with Cuba so Iran and Venezuela have less leverage on us.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1853252,00.html

Green
10-29-2008, 13:25
Castro will be dead soon and who knows what will happen with the embargo once he dies.

Divine Intervention
10-29-2008, 13:55
Tiempo de la siesta, jajaja :cool:

http://bucf.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/fidel_castro_dead.jpg

ooga booga
10-29-2008, 14:31
Castro will be dead soon and who knows what will happen with the embargo once he dies.

Castro died like a year or 2 ago... and his brother took over didn't he? I'm assuming you are talking about his brother dying soon too? I haven't heard how his health condition is, lol.

esco
10-29-2008, 14:41
Their both still alive although Fidel stepped down and Raul now runs things I believe. The UN just passed another resolution asking the US to lift the embargo, it was something like 180 to 4. Apparently the world has been asking since 1992 and every year they pass the same resolution lol

Green
10-29-2008, 17:22
Castro died like a year or 2 ago... and his brother took over didn't he? I'm assuming you are talking about his brother dying soon too? I haven't heard how his health condition is, lol.

I remember him being really sick or something, but I had forgot he had pass power to his brother.

Which really means he is just telling his brother what to do instead of doing it himself. :P

Crimson Shadow
10-29-2008, 18:14
I remember him being really sick or something, but I had forgot he had pass power to his brother.

Which really means he is just telling his brother what to do instead of doing it himself. :P

Yeah he did step down...but he still largely influences Cuban politics.
Probably more so than his brother does.

esco
10-29-2008, 20:21
They really need to end the embargo. Their excuse that it was because of Cuba being undemocratic really went out the window once they let China become the third largest trading partner to America.

Shabaz K
10-29-2008, 20:30
well now Cuba has something to look for in the future. if the oil is still a hot commodity, which it will be.

Cuba's closest alie is Venezuela, so i see them getting even closer with Cuba meaning screwing US more. Iran made some impact of friendship with Venezuela so they may too be there. and don't forget Russia.