PDA

View Full Version : Religion = Failed Science

-Z-
10-30-2008, 20:52
Let us discuss.

Z

Shabaz K
10-30-2008, 20:56
i would not say its failed. just that its of the past.

esco
10-30-2008, 20:56
until science disproves religion then no one can say its false despite lack of evidence. There are religious scientists out there.

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 20:59
Your threads = Fail.

p.s. i still love you though :P :wub:
you're my bro and you know it ;)

Green
10-30-2008, 21:00
religion = failed science

-failed + religion = science

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 21:01
religion = failed science

-failed + religion = science

ergo, science is the only flawless religion out there :cool:

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:04

this is as close to accuracy.

Its not flawless, its jut the best.

Z

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:06
Now...

If religion was around before science, how can it be failed science?

Think about that.

Green
10-30-2008, 21:08

you fail at making a pie, and whatever you come out with (we will call it "yuck") is a flawless food product

Will
10-30-2008, 21:08
Religion isn't so much a failed science as a proto science, something that was used before the discovery of the scientific method to explain the world.

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 21:11
you fail at making a pie, and whatever you come out with (we will call it "yuck") is a flawless food product

thanks?

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:13
Religion isn't so much a failed science as a proto science, something that was used before the discovery of the scientific method to explain the world.

I am still waiting for science to explain how the space came about. Since your so dead set on the idea that Earth came from the "Big Bang" which originated from space.

Come on... when your ready.

Green
10-30-2008, 21:14
thanks?

Yer never making me a pie you pie burner!

I am still waiting for science to explain how the space came about. Since your so dead set on the idea that Earth came from the "Big Bang" which originated from space.

Easy one.

God spoke and bang it happened.

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:16
Next your going to tell me we are derived from the process of evolution.

If you think so, then tell me this. In the process of evolution only the 'best' select few survive. Now, if we came from primates, and evolved from them, they would have died off, because theoretically they were not suited to the living conditions, hence why we evolved in the first place? And if they were suited to such conditions, we would never of evolved from them.

I am sure you can explain that for me?

Will
10-30-2008, 21:21

And since when have I said that trusting science equals supporting every single theory it comes up with? another strawman.

While we're on the subject why don't you explain who created God?

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 21:22

im not one for the whole religion vs science debate but tbh the whole "god made it happen...just coz" isn't much of an explanation for me...not to mention Wills point..what, was God just there all along :undecide:? just because we dont have a 100% bullet proof answer atm doesn't mean it doesn't exist. besides isn't this what they are hoping to prove doing all those experiments in Switzerland atm?

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:22

If you think so, then tell me this. In the process of evolution only the 'best' select few survive. Now, if we came from primates, and evolved from them, they would have died off, because theoretically they were not suited to the living conditions, hence why we evolved in the first place? And if they were suited to such conditions, we would never of evolved from them.

The opposite axis of a black hole.

Z

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:26

And since when have I said that trusting science equals supporting every single theory it comes up with? another strawman.

While we're on the subject why don't you explain who created God?

Has it occured to you that God wasn't created. It's not something that anybody can answer. God obviously isnt a person, and there is only one way to find out if God is real or not.

Why do you think your so superior to us all? If God is real, which you obviously dont believe, I hope you have fun on judgement day. Just consider that... For once in your life, open your ears and listen to the World, God will talk to you, and when he does you will believe.

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:27
check perturbative string theory or Matrix String theory.

They are quite plausible, not yet provable, but a lot more plausible than God.

Z

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:28
The opposite axis of a black hole.

Z

I could of made that up, maybe answer with some actual "scientific evidence" to explain the theory of evolution. As quite clearly it is incorrect.

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:28
Who created God?

a god of gods?

Who created the original god?

who created he will or idea of creation?

Z

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 21:29
lol so we have to assume God is there and was there all along (God kno...ooh..i mean, only he knows how :D)? a much more plausible explanation than the scientific explanations regarding creation...

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:31
check perturbative string theory or Matrix String theory.

They are quite plausible, not yet provable, but a lot more plausible than God.

Z

****, until you open your mind out of your narrow minded views there is no point in talking to either you or Will.

Both of you are so set on these 'science' theories, because why? You can't prove everything, and until you can I won't believe in it.

Science is made up of theories. God is practical, open your mind and listen. Until you find faith yourself you will always be like this.

I've had enough of this conversation, from now on I won't be replying to any naive views.

Will
10-30-2008, 21:32

Your idea works only if you assume that the environment itself never changes or that creatures don't migrate to other climates as the one they reside in changes. This is not the case in the history of this planet.

Adaption to climate can be seen in modern humans. Taking the "Out of Africa" theory as a base line, we know that the humans who remained in africa evolved dark skin in order to protect them from the strong sunlight. Those humans who migrated to colder climates such as whites had no need for this. On the flip side of that, while Africa has mild winters which do not significantly impact the food supply, Europe's are far harsher. This led white people to develop a greater average intellect than blacks, since in order to survive the winter they learned to store food collected in summer, and also to build more reliable housing to keep out the cold. Other races developed to best suit their environment.

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:32
I could of made that up, maybe answer with some actual "scientific evidence" to explain the theory of evolution. As quite clearly it is incorrect.

Evolution is not a theory.

evolution is taught is schools everywhere.

Its fact.

its somthing u see, feel touch, experience, its happening now.

thats like saying prove the theory that water exists

of prove the theory of evaporation, or condensation.

U can prove it thru practice.

unlike god.

Z

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 21:37
Your idea works only if you assume that the environment itself never changes or that creatures don't migrate to other climates as the one they reside in changes. This is not the case in the history of this planet.

Adaption to climate can be seen in modern humans. Taking the "Out of Africa" theory as a base line, we know that the humans who remained in africa evolved dark skin in order to protect them from the strong sunlight. Those humans who migrated to colder climates such as whites had no need for this. On the flip side of that, while Africa has mild winters which do not significantly impact the food supply, Europe's are far harsher. This led white people to develop a greater average intellect than blacks, since in order to survive the winter they learned to store food collected in summer, and also to build more reliable housing to keep out the cold. Other races developed to best suit their environment.

hmm...so would it be correct to say that racial differences do infact exist?
if were using your post as an example...of different races evolving to suit their surroundings/climate/situation etc?

-Z-
10-30-2008, 21:48
if were using your post as an example...of different races evolving to suit their surroundings/climate/situation etc?

O god... Did you mention race?

In a thread will is posting in?

Uh oh...

Z

Will
10-30-2008, 21:49

Absolutely. In short, racial differences go as follows (for the three major races of Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid):

Whites: Superior innovative intelligence, superior upper body strength, slightly better resilience to cold, inferior resilience to heat.

Asians: Superior imitative intelligence, middle of the range tolerance for hot and cold weather.

Blacks: Superior athletic ability, superior resilience to heat, inferior resilience to cold.

nNiIcCkKoO
10-30-2008, 21:53
Absolutely. In short, racial differences go as follows (for the three major races of Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid):

Whites: Superior innovative intelligence, superior upper body strength, slightly better resilience to cold, inferior resilience to heat.

Asians: Superior imitative intelligence, middle of the range tolerance for hot and cold weather.

Blacks: Superior athletic ability, superior resilience to heat, inferior resilience to cold.

That's a bit general, dont you think?

Im certain it does not apply to everybody in those categories.

Will
10-30-2008, 21:57
Everyone? no. The majority? very much so. It is sufficient to be able to acknowledge racial differences.

Bright
10-30-2008, 22:20
Evolution is the technology of creation.

Creation as we comprehend it is a product of thought.

God is incomprehensible according to religion, but He created everything according to it.

God is perfect, we are imperfect. A perfect creation implies stasis and absolute order. Thermodynamically, a universe at maximum order is in a constant state. If this world is dynamic and therefore imperfect, would perfection by God imply a true imperfection?

Does that mean we can't comprehend the true brevity of our thoughts? Is it too narrow to assume that God 'just exists' or that he's a man-made creation made of thoughts and beliefs?

Random musings, fire away. :P

-Z-
10-30-2008, 22:25
Evolution is the technology of creation.

Creation as we comprehend it is a product of thought.

God is incomprehensible according to religion, but He created everything according to it.

God is perfect, we are imperfect. A perfect creation implies stasis and absolute order. Thermodynamically, a universe at maximum order is in a constant state. If this world is dynamic and therefore imperfect, would perfection by God imply a true imperfection?

Does that mean we can't comprehend the true brevity of our thoughts? Is it too narrow to assume that God 'just exists' or that he's a man-made creation made of thoughts and beliefs?

Random musings, fire away. :P

very good ideas, If god exists it is on another plane, or another universe if u will.

I would be willing to acceot that he just IS, and that he is a product of thought.

Both could be considered correct if they are held together.

Z

-Z-
10-30-2008, 22:29

I dont know aboutt he upper body strength, the hot cold stuff makes sense, but the intelligence no.

Intellect is a product of personal experience, It is in the realm of the conscious Mind, not physical.

And if u want a race thread make your Own dont Hijack my religion thread thanks,

;-)

Z

Divine Intervention
10-30-2008, 22:32
I dont know aboutt he upper body strength, the hot cold stuff makes sense, but the intelligence no.

Intellect is a product of personal experience, It is in the realm of the conscious Mind, not physical.

And if u want a race thread make your Own dont Hijack my religion thread thanks,

;-)

Z

are you accusing Will and I of some sort of evil, devilish conspiracy :P? oh wait, ive said too much :o:bored:

-Z-
10-30-2008, 22:33
The central belief is that there is an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster, who created the entire universe "after drinking heavily."[14] The Monster's intoxication was supposedly the cause for a flawed earth. All 'evidence' for evolution was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, in an effort to test Pastafarians' faith — a form of the Omphalos hypothesis. When scientific measurements, such as radiocarbon dating, are made, the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage."[4]

The Pastafarian belief of heaven stresses that it contains beer volcanoes and a stripper factory.[26] Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale, and the strippers have VD.[27]

LMAO

Z

Will
10-30-2008, 22:35

;-)

Z

Intellect certainly has a physical component. And I'm not hijacking the thread, just taking things in a slightly different direction;)

-Z-
10-30-2008, 22:44
Intellect certainly has a physical component. And I'm not hijacking the thread, just taking things in a slightly different direction;)

Yeah straight towards a big sky scraper.

Z

esco
10-31-2008, 00:02

By that logic that means the Hispanic population is the best and will soon rule the world whahaha

-Z-
10-31-2008, 00:04
By that logic that means the Hispanic population is the best and will soon rule the world whahaha

indeed,

Hoebawt for President!

Z

Cemetary
10-31-2008, 00:21
i read the first few messages on this topic so i thought id post soemthing about it

first, i would like to say that i am an athiest

I do respect agnostic people because just like them, i have to believe something was "just there" (e.g. god was there, space was there)

I do find it rediculous when people say their religion is the only one that is true

Monotheism is a relatively new idea in the world. I mean, religion was first created to explain the "unexplainable" therefore it technically could be called the first science. Until we decided to look into things it was just simpler to say "there is a god whos job is to make rain happen" or "make the sun come up". Religion is jsut the simple way out. Most religious people tell a person who trusts in science to show us the way tells them to open their mind, yet they sit and believe that there must be a god because they cant wrap their minds about there not being one to begin with.

Which brings me to christian religious nuts. Christians and Muslims are the only two religious sects that believe hell is a place. And the fact that christianity itself sprang from a Dualistic religion is kind of sad to begin with (Zoroastrianism).

The fact that, if there is a god, that he allows evil to exist to tempt his "most valued creation" or w/e is ridiculous.

I have a good page or two mroe i could write but im trying to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and i can't focus on thinking and watching. "God" should have given me a larger ability to multitask.

Oh, and by the way, this is coming from a member of a Methodist church, that i used to go to every sunday to listen to the sermons and make a decision for myself. And also a Very Conservative Republican

GO MCCAIN!!!!

FeaRLezZoN3
10-31-2008, 01:59
well i know where we came from....outta a (l)

Cemetary
10-31-2008, 07:21
well i know where we came from....outta a (l)

hahahahaaha

jasonlfunk
10-31-2008, 08:43
I miss the days when if somebody wanted to have a discussion - they actually had to provide some evidence for their ridiculous views. :thumbup:

Blackwater
10-31-2008, 10:40
I read one page of this thread and saw where it was going immediately...no where! People are usually stead fast in their opinion on this subject. For me, I see that neither religion nor science can prove/disprove everything. I find little sense in trying to figure out how everything was created since it's impossible! There will always be questions that can't be answered definitively. The notion of God and The Big Bang theory in a sense are the same. Who created God and where did the original matter come from for The Big Bang. Stop wasting your time on such trivial matters and do something that does matter, like food production or such.

pron
10-31-2008, 12:01
Yea, blackwater's got a great point. If you're a die hard scientist, nothing that is said will change your view. If you're a die hard believer in God, nothing that is said will change your view. The fact of the matter is that Science and Religion do not have to be polar opposites, and they can and should work together in order to figure out just what's up behind this whole universe thing. Right now, we're like two warring factions sitting down on opposite sides of the table shooting at each other and getting nothing accomplished.

Green
10-31-2008, 13:01
Right now, we're like two warring factions sitting down on opposite sides of the table shooting at each other and getting nothing accomplished.

No. People that rely just are science are suiciders.

As a Christian, I demand my state be rolled back and have all the sciencey peoples names listed in pink.

-Z-
11-02-2008, 08:47
I read one page of this thread and saw where it was going immediately...no where! People are usually stead fast in their opinion on this subject. For me, I see that neither religion nor science can prove/disprove everything. I find little sense in trying to figure out how everything was created since it's impossible! There will always be questions that can't be answered definitively. The notion of God and The Big Bang theory in a sense are the same. Who created God and where did the original matter come from for The Big Bang. Stop wasting your time on such trivial matters and do something that does matter, like food production or such.

Your Point is a good one.

Science and Religion are the same thing...

The only difference I see is that science is based on what we can ALL perceive.

While Religion seems to be based in what only some people can perceive.

Neither one is really provable, when it comes down to it... It's a matter of practicality.

for example, the theory of relativity is quite useful to understand.

chemistry, biology.... these are practical things to understand, that help us with medicine and other advances.

Praying to god might make u feel better... But It does not help humanity.

So in re-cap, the only difference between science and Religion, is that Science is practicality.

Z